#4561507 - 03/27/21 06:20 PM Outriders  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Anyone planning on picking this up?

I was hooked by the trailers they have on Steam. Those are mostly renders, cutscenes and concepts, but they are great, so I tried the demo. I haven't played many games like this, never played Gears or Destiny. Closest one I've played is probably Division 2. Not my bag really, third person shooters, and having played the demo my mind didn't change all that much. It seems well done, but nothing stands out as all that different than a bunch of other games.

But I played the demo as Trickster class and really had fun using the special abilities. So I'm on the fence. I think I could have a good time with it, and want to see how the full game plays out. I can carry over my demo run to the full game after launch (April 1).

I'm sure I'd buy it at half-price. Not a sure-thing at full price.

If you want to try the demo (requires a Square Enix account)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/680420/OUTRIDERS/

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4561712 - 03/29/21 12:35 PM Re: Outriders [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Online content
Wigean  Online Content

Oslo
I think I`ll pass on this one.

Looks a bit too fastpaced for me. smile

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4561717 - 03/29/21 01:39 PM Re: Outriders [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, the combat is hectic. A lot of enemies both shooting at you and rushing you. Some of them sit in cover. Without the special abilities I'd pass I think. But these (as the Trickster at least) allow me to manage it. This class has an ability like Dishonored's Blink, so you can target a sniper on a tower for example, blink to right behind him and blow him away with the shottie, and now you are the sniper on the tower.

In the demo, you can only unlock the first three specials, but the other two are also very useful for control of the battlefield. One creates a dome, where anything within it is subject to massive slow, including bullets. When in a crowd cast this and then the third special ability, which slices anything in there with ethereal blades. The cooldowns are nice and quick for these abilities so you can use them a lot.

Still not sure if I will buy it on release, which is scheduled for Thursday. And anyway, I saw yesterday that Civ 6 was on sale. Got the base game and all expansions and DLC for $40. That will hold me down for a while.

#4561758 - 03/29/21 05:11 PM Re: Outriders [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Online content
Wigean  Online Content

Oslo
Today I bought the Odyssey expansipon instead.

I think their continued support and development of the game makes it worth it.

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4562000 - 03/31/21 02:30 PM Re: Outriders [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'm sure I'll pick up the expansion as well. Is there any benefit to pre-ordering?

I'm not in the beta, and I'll just wait for release, see what the scoop is from the reports of those who are in.

Outriders releases tomorrow, and at this point I think I'll wait until a sale. But I will keep an eye on reports of what the main campaign beyond the demo chapter is like. Haven't ruled it out, but there's not enough here to make me feel it's a release-day purchase.

#4562032 - 03/31/21 06:26 PM Re: Outriders [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Online content
Wigean  Online Content

Oslo
I`m not sure if there are any benefits to pre-ordering the alpha.

I bought it out of interest in where ED is going, and to get an early hands on new features that probably will be added to the game.

Not much info on how to play yet, so it`s adviceable to find videos on Youtube.

Obsidianant is very activ making videos. In fact there are many more which must mean that there is a rather huge interest in Odyssey for the moment.

I lost my keybindings in "Horizons" after playing "Odyssey", but I guess that is standard for upgrades. So a back-up saves a lot of work.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.