Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4562022 - 03/31/21 04:52 PM PE throttle problems  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Hello again, when I bought the game 8 months ago I had problems setting up my Logitech G940 stick setup, so after 9 hours of messing about with it I gave up and used an old cheep TM instead.
But that's a bit jerky and with no peddles so have been trying and trying to get the good one up and running, about 6 hours so far.
The best I can manage is to fly with the throttle unplugged and use keyboard for the throttle, then it works fine. but with the throttle in it affects the pitch & dive at the top and bottom of the throttle movement.
I've tried to use vJoy but can't make any sense out of that so gave up. A bit over my head. [ I'm a 64 year old carpenter, and can't remember anything about computer programing in my apprenticeship]
I have played this sim 'flat out' [apart from all this messing about] for 8 months now. It's not been that easy due to trying to get the game running above 25 fps, [to start with]. Must be a 100 hours all in, to get it running above 55 fps.
I'm running off a 60 hertz ,39'' tv, so I can't see past 60 fps anyway.
I've been through the little info I can find about the throttle & pedals, tried binding stuff the wrong way round, and with a plug out while the other one config's, but all a waist of time. Maybe it's all down to AMD, I don't know.
I have been itching for the H&H to come out, PE is brilliant even when it was at a low fps, and with a crap stick, and H&H looks fantastic. Is there a chance it's a bit more user friendly this time around ?.
I'm beginning to feel like I've bought a Ferrari 3 months ago, but spent 2 months at the side of the road fiddling with the engine. Starting to get me down now.
I would get Heaven & Hell in the next 30 seconds if I thought it would be an easy ride, but I don't want to be using keyboard for throttle on a new game.
So are there any sneaky fixes for that sort of stuff in the update ?.
I hope the answer is yes all sorted now !..

#4562039 - 03/31/21 07:14 PM Re: PE throttle problems [Re: jnhoward]  
LtCasey Offline
LtCasey  Offline

Darmstadt, Germany
Hi jnhoward,

Best Tip I can give you is to first UNBiND all Axis in the Workshop. Them bind every single axis you need. Dont forget to save after each change. This is crucial. I had this issue years ago. Especially with multiple Axis throttles like yours. Cfs3 assign the standard axis to every User interface, you have to UNBiND them. Even for the Pedals.

Once done, set the desired keys to your buttons. Keep in mind, you can't assign digital Ienputs (Keys) to an Axis e.g. pov headswitch.

Good luck!

Last edited by LtCasey; 03/31/21 07:16 PM. Reason: #%&*$# autocorrect

"What the hell do I care, I know I got them!" Raul Lufberry

AMD Guy! Ryzen 5 3600, 5700xt, 32gb RAM, 2x nvsme Samsung 250gb (system) 500gb (Game) +100gb Backup Corsair ssd. Watercooled. Win 10 64bit.
#4562106 - 04/01/21 10:36 AM Re: PE throttle problems [Re: jnhoward]  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Hi LtCasey,
Nice tip. I have bound & unbound dozens of times, but never saved after each separate binding. That could well be my problem.
Just for a temporary fix, I have plugged in both joysticks, using the old thrustmaster throttle. And the G940 doing the rest, seems to be working ok.
It's not tidy and I'm down a few buttons so only temporary. just wanted to get back in the seat as soon as I could.
I will have another go at it shortly.
Thanks for the tip..

#4562109 - 04/01/21 11:12 AM Re: PE throttle problems [Re: jnhoward]  
LtCasey Offline
LtCasey  Offline

Darmstadt, Germany
You're most welcome Sir!

Glad I could help. One question though. Are you able to move both throttles levers independently? If so, bind one
to mixture control, to squezze out the last bit of Power from your engine.

Enjoy!

"What the hell do I care, I know I got them!" Raul Lufberry

AMD Guy! Ryzen 5 3600, 5700xt, 32gb RAM, 2x nvsme Samsung 250gb (system) 500gb (Game) +100gb Backup Corsair ssd. Watercooled. Win 10 64bit.
#4564141 - 04/13/21 08:06 PM Re: PE throttle problems [Re: jnhoward]  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Hello LtCasey.

I finally got round to setting up my joystick, did as you said saving each binding one after the other, and it worked a treat. Well impressed.

I have usually avoided manual mixture setup, due to forgetting to use it in a dogfight and blowing my own engine every time, on other sims.
But I thought I would give it a try with the split throttle this time. Well that was another good tip.

I've only been flying the Sopwith's, And it works good. I had quick flight with an inline engine plane which works even better.
So I am now converted to manual mixtures.

I downloaded Heaven & Hell last week, and was expecting all the hassle with the joystick setup again. Because after putting every WOFF file including the user backup on my C:\drive, to a mem' stick. I Wiped off everything WOFF I could find. But didn't need to worry as somehow my setup was remembered.

Your AMD rig looks very similar to mine. Would you have a tip about getting some water in the rivers ?.
And I am a bit curious about your FPS.
On WOFF I did manage to get 60+ FPS,[apart from takeoff] and and would not drop until cranked the XL time to x4. Which was OK,
Now with H & H it's dropped quite a bit.
I have been fiddling with Radeon settings for months' and now I'm back to square 1. Just hanging around 50 FPS aria, with no XL time.
I tried Afterburner, but that was just a slide show, and I had a nightmare uninstalling it.

The best I've managed is using 'Quick CPU' getting all the sliders to 100% with 'ultimate Performance' power setting, while Radeon fan is set auto.
Radeon sets, GPU is set at 979 right up to 2150. And my VRAM is at 1838.
Now with 'UserBenchMark', It's showing 98 percentile CPU, and 94 percentile GPU. Latency never gets better than 78%.
One thing on my hardware I'm not sure about is the memory sticks, 'Corsair Vengeance LPX' 2x8gb. But they are only C18.
Would it be worth the expense of replacing for C16 ?.
Any tips on settings would be great.
sorry this went on so long.
Thanks..

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.