Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
#4561440 - 03/26/21 11:12 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Baxter Offline
Baxter  Offline

Adelaide, South Australia
I recently bought WoFF PE and I am very happy with it. i was wondering seeing as the release date for the new version is so close if someone would please post in simple terms what it is that would entice PE owners to buy the new one please. How is it better exactly?

#4561441 - 03/26/21 11:39 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Baxter]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by Baxter
I recently bought WoFF PE and I am very happy with it. i was wondering seeing as the release date for the new version is so close if someone would please post in simple terms what it is that would entice PE owners to buy the new one please. How is it better exactly?

Devs will be posting a full Features list sometime soon, however as a Beta tester I can give you a few good reasons off the top of my head.

Multiple AI Improvements: Superior low altitude fighting and survival skills. Better at breaking out of landing mode and attacking if you even approach their airbase. More realistic dive behaviors. More aggressive gunfire when a reasonable chance of hitting is possible but no wild-random firing.
Better in cockpit immersions: Optional googles with dirt, blood, cracking and rain effects on them. Numerous sound improvements for both the players aircraft and the AI,
Nicely improved flight model too. Doesn't have the on rails feeling at all.
Improved graphical terrain blending and performance.
Lots of nice campaign features added like the ability to choose your own aircraft type from the list available in the squadron.

There's lots more but the end result comes together to be far greater than the sum of its parts. As I said, the devs should be listing a full set of Features soon. It is a significant upgrade all around for the sim though.

Last edited by Hellshade; 03/27/21 01:12 AM.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4561442 - 03/26/21 11:41 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Baxter]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada

EDIT: Hellshade posted as I was typing, but I will leave this up anyway...

There are a number of things talked about on the OverFlandersFields Website - pay particular attention to the "News" section on right hand side and developmental updates: https://www.overflandersfields.com/
There are also a number of items brought up and mentioned all through this thread: https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads....2-thread-was-woff2021-thread#Post4520759 --- and some indeed in this very thread you posted in (plus lots of videos and pics by beta testers floating around too).

I am sure they will include detailed information on the products page sometime very very soon as well. smile2

Gosh, you perhaps picked a bad time to purchase PE as BHaH II is literally days away from release.

Last edited by Redwolf; 03/26/21 11:42 PM.

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4561447 - 03/27/21 12:36 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Indeed, Banana Ham and Hummus Two is looking like an improvement based on what I'm reading and seeing from those videos.

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
I bet you do, too, Buddy."
#4561458 - 03/27/21 06:49 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Hellshade]  
LtCasey Offline
LtCasey  Offline

Darmstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by Hellshade

Devs will be posting a full Features list sometime soon, however as a Beta tester I can give you a few good reasons off the top of my head.

Multiple AI Improvements: Superior low altitude fighting and survival skills. Better at breaking out of landing mode and attacking if you even approach their airbase. More realistic dive behaviors. More aggressive gunfire when a reasonable chance of hitting is possible but no wild-random firing.
Better in cockpit immersions: Optional googles with dirt, blood, cracking and rain effects on them. Numerous sound improvements for both the players aircraft and the AI,
Nicely improved flight model too. Doesn't have the on rails feeling at all.
Improved graphical terrain blending and performance.
Lots of nice campaign features added like the ability to choose your own aircraft type from the list available in the squadron.

There's lots more but the end result comes together to be far greater than the sum of its parts. As I said, the devs should be listing a full set of Features soon. It is a significant upgrade all around for the sim though.

Im so in for that!!!!! But, but no more Aerodrome bouncing?😭😭😭
Gimme Gimme Gimme...pretty please!

"What the hell do I care, I know I got them!" Raul Lufberry

AMD Guy! Ryzen 5 3600, 5700xt, 32gb RAM, 2x nvsme Samsung 250gb (system) 500gb (Game) +100gb Backup Corsair ssd. Watercooled. Win 10 64bit.
#4561587 - 03/28/21 01:37 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
olddog Offline
olddog  Offline

england
will BHaH II be a stand alone ?

#4561589 - 03/28/21 01:40 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

yes...no...maybe...possibly...not sure...could be...or not...still deciding...looking into it...then again...

#4561600 - 03/28/21 03:32 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

I reckon WOFF being taken off sale and PE being on sale only till June is a pretty clear sign that it is both a standalone and the new iteration going forward.

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
#4561601 - 03/28/21 03:35 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: olddog]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by olddog
will BHaH II be a stand alone ?

I would conclude that it will be standalone since the UE ed. of WOFF is no longer available for purchase - thus no presence of a required upgrade/add-on path to get to the future, newest ver. of WOFF.

The PE package is still available for purchase until the end of June of this year, by the way, for those who already have UE and wish to upgrade to PE. (See main WOFF website for details.) Also no pricing available yet - recommended is to check the main WOFF website regularly as the calendar hurtles towards imminent release of BHAH.II.

Happy flying,
Von S smile2

P.S. I also reckon that NotRelevant's comments are most relevant.

Last edited by VonS; 03/28/21 03:36 PM. Reason: Added witty info.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4561603 - 03/28/21 04:01 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

I agree VonS, NotRelevant's comments do indeed seem quite relevant. biggrin

#4561604 - 03/28/21 04:12 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Guess that's kind of irony I bring to the table at times, eh? Haha.

#4561605 - 03/28/21 04:34 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

yes...no...maybe...possibly...not sure...could be...or not...still deciding...looking into it...then again...

You sound about as positive as my squadron leader, Lou old boy!

#4561606 - 03/28/21 04:34 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
LtCasey Offline
LtCasey  Offline

Darmstadt, Germany
From what I have seen so far (Beta vids) and read in the Forum, the changes are major. Maybe most of these are hidden under the hood of this beautiful crafted sim, but from my understanding it justifies a new standalone version.

AMD Guy! Ryzen 5 3600, 5700xt, 32gb RAM, 2x nvsme Samsung 250gb (system) 500gb (Game) +100gb Backup Corsair ssd. Watercooled. Win 10 64bit.
#4561620 - 03/28/21 06:28 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Agreed. From what I've seen and read the changes are indeed pretty major, so a standalone is justified. Plus, the devs do need funds if they are to keep devving, and we do want to see this wonderous sim keep expanding, maybe get some new additions, aircraft, all that in the future, aye?

Aaand if not, well... Bottom line is, it looks to be that devs chose it to be standalone, so that's just how it's gonna be. In the end it's up to them.

#4561649 - 03/28/21 10:37 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@LtCasey and Relevant, agreed - BHAH.II looks like a major overhaul and therefore it's most practical that it be a standalone product. Also important to test will be mod. compatibility (have now opened a separate sub-thread for BHAH.II mod-compatibility over on the relevant CombatAce forums for BHAH.II - to facilitate ease-of-access to mod. info., particularly mods. not hosted on Sandbaggers website).

Among other things, and based on Hellshade's experience/comments from beta testing - the FMs are different now too (from stock UE/PE FMs) - so I have to compare stock xfm files in WOFF PE with stock xfm files in BHAH.II once it comes out. If the FM changes are under-the-hood in BHAH.II and the stock xfms still carry forward the same stock data from the PE-ed., then in theory it will be workable to side-load, via JSGME, my FM mods. - since they will merely amplify the already great FM changes that have happened under the hood.

In case the FM changes have also been leveraged via changes to the aircraft xfm files - I will then re-evaluate whether or not it is worth it to maintain FM-mod. compatibility going forward or simply to retire those packs for PE./UE eds. of WOFF. Similar logic will apply to the WOFF GPU Tuner Patch - will have to test FPS in stock BHAH.II, then to compare with the Tuner Patch loaded, etc. - if differences are no longer as noticeable in FPS with or without the Tuner Patch loaded - because of further FPS optimizations in BHAH.II - then the Tuner Patch will perhaps be retired too.

(Also possible with the Tuner Patch is that the one made for WOTR will become the correct one to use, depending again on how much of the under-the-hood code/machinery has been leveraged from advancements in WOTR, etc. - can't say anything further on that for now until I've done some actual, hands-on testing.)

More info. on all that under the relevant mod sub-thread for BHAH.II on CombatAce once BHAH.II is released and once I have had an opportunity to test such things (https://combatace.com/forums/topic/95914-woff-bhh-2-mods-compatibility-lists-mod-faqs-etc/),

Happy mod-testing times ahead,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 03/29/21 02:39 AM. Reason: Added info.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4561860 - 03/30/21 02:33 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: NotRelevant]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Originally Posted by NotRelevant
Agreed. From what I've seen and read the changes are indeed pretty major, so a standalone is justified. Plus, the devs do need funds if they are to keep devving, and we do want to see this wonderous sim keep expanding, maybe get some new additions, aircraft, all that in the future, aye?

Aaand if not, well... Bottom line is, it looks to be that devs chose it to be standalone, so that's just how it's gonna be. In the end it's up to them.

Sure, it is their decision and I will buy it either way, tbh - so this isn't me personally making a major complaint.

However, the cautionary note is look at what was written on the April 9, 2020 developmental update on the OBD Software website. You don't want to be that person who purchased WOFF under the pretense that was stated there (read it) -- so from purely a follow-through/goodwill perspective, they probably should either have it as an "upgrade" or offer both as I suggested before. -- and I am guessing they may have forgotten what was written there (and I get it, things change - but that ought to be addressed on their site if they go stand-alone only from a business perspective (and I am sure they will).

But like I said, personally, I am buying either way - it looks to be terrific! cheers

Last edited by Redwolf; 03/30/21 02:40 PM.

#4561881 - 03/30/21 05:32 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

I see part of wording of the April 9, 2020 developmental update now removed - so that pretty much guarantees it will be a stand alone release only.

#4561893 - 03/30/21 07:38 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Could it have been that it was originally meant an expansion but the changes grew to be big enough for them to wish for it to be the new base iteration?

#4561895 - 03/30/21 07:58 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
LtCasey Offline
LtCasey  Offline

Darmstadt, Germany
Any word in multiple Installations? E.g. woffpe and BH+H2? Or do we have to remove WOFF?

#4561897 - 03/30/21 08:11 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: NotRelevant]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Originally Posted by NotRelevant
Could it have been that it was originally meant an expansion but the changes grew to be big enough for them to wish for it to be the new base iteration?

Absolutely, I am sure that is what happened. Just, idk if you caught the full text on their site and what was written - I guess it mostly effects anyone who purchased from April 9th until today who were going to perhaps hold off on buying WOFF (because they knew some new development was underfoot), but were told not to - to buy WOFF anyway as WOFF would be required for the update - as per stated on the website (now removed). -- and not every purchaser is on the forums either. The situation doesn't personally impact me as I have had the game and each edition since the very start -- but there are likely others who may indeed be in the situation I just described...

That's all. Don't shoot the messenger.
(people can work out their own ethics now about the situation and how it is handled or will be handled)

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse