Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 239 of 384 1 2 237 238 239 240 241 383 384
#4560950 - 03/22/21 05:36 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? *** [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I have seen a few more movies over the last couple of weeks:

1) "Becky" -- little girl gets revenge horror movie. This one was fun, and at times had some great scenes, albeit not perfect, and some definite flaws. I could watch it again. *** out of ****

2) "The Return of the Living Dead" -- Wow!!!! What a CLASSIC! This movie is tops when it comes to zombie movies, written and directed by none other than the writer for "Alien" and "Dark Star." Strangely, after "Lifeforce" he basically disappeared from filmmaking altogether. This film is a sheer joy to watch, with fantastic story building, special effects, carnage and action--this checks all the horror movie boxes and then goes all the way. They don't hold back here, and push the genre to the next level, and frankly there are few other horror films that are better, save for the likes of "Alien," "Aliens," "The Shining," "Cabin in the Woods," "Evil Dead," and "Last House on the Left" remake. I'm not even a zombie movie fan, but I loved this one. If you are itching for 80s and want to watch horror that is short and sweet, this is the film. Because of the superior peers, I can't give this film a perfect rating, but it scores the rare rating of 3.75 stars out of four. I wanted more, and that's not a bad thing.

3) "War Dogs" -- Pretty good movie about gun runners, albeit predictable in the story structure. Still, the character dynamic was interesting, but I couldn't get over how the main character was dating or married to Ana de Armas. She's far too hot for the guy and way out of his league! *** out of **** because I was entertained and not bored.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 03/22/21 06:48 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4560954 - 03/22/21 05:43 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I have seen a few more movies over the last couple of weeks:

1) "Becky" -- little girl gets revenge horror movie. This one was fun, and at times had some great scenes, albeit not perfect, and some definite flaws. I could watch it again. *** out of ****

2) "The Return of the Living Dead" -- Wow!!!! What a CLASSIC! This movie is tops when it comes to zombie movies, written and directed by none other than the writer for "Alien" and "Dark Star." Strangely, after "Lifeforce" he basically disappeared from filmmaking altogether. This film is a sheer joy to watch, with fantastic story building, special effects, carnage and action--this checks all the horror movie boxes and then goes all the way. They don't hold back here, and push the genre to the next level, and frankly there are few other horror films that are better, save for the likes of "Alien," "Aliens," "The Shining," "Cabin in the Woods," and "Last House on the Left" remake. I'm not even a zombie movie fan, but I loved this one. If you are itching for 80s and want to watch horror that is short and sweet, this is the film. Because of the superior peers, I can't give this film a perfect rating, but it scores the rare rating of 3.75 stars out of four. I wanted more, and that's not a bad thing.

3) "War Dogs" -- Pretty good movie about gun runners, albeit predictable in the story structure. Still, the character dynamic was interesting, but I couldn't get over how the main character was dating or married to Ana de Armas. She's far too hot for the guy and way out of his league! *** out of **** because I was entertained and not bored.

I've not seen any of these films but have you ever seen "Lord of War"? It's another gun runner movie like "War Dogs" and it's pretty #%&*$# good even with Nicholas Cage in the lead role!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4560957 - 03/22/21 05:47 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Is it just me, or is the word d-a-m-n being censored here ridiculous ?

When I see #%&*$#, my brain goes to the F word.

#4560958 - 03/22/21 05:49 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

I've not seen any of these films but have you ever seen "Lord of War"? It's another gun runner movie like "War Dogs" and it's pretty #%&*$# good even with Nicholas Cage in the lead role!

Yeah, I liked "Lord of War." Good movie that Cage couldn't somehow ruin. smile

#4560998 - 03/23/21 12:09 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Food that built America: National Biscuit Company, in 1912 they invented my's and every body's favorite cookie: Oreo. https://play.history.com/shows/the-food-that-built-america/season-2/episode-7 National Biscuit Company is now Nabisco worth 15 billion in annual sales. They produce over 1000 Oreo in 2 dozen flavors per second adding up to 14 billion Oreo per year.

#4561000 - 03/23/21 12:52 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Biscuit in the USA at that time is what we call saltine crackers now. They were sold in barrels. That's where the words Cracker Barrel from. They were prone to spoilage and contamination by maggots and rodents. That's also where the term scraping the bottom of the barrel from and it's associated with something that is not good because by the time they get to the bottom of the cracker barrel, the crackers down there were not good to eat.

It was not easy to ship crackers in barrels from the east coast to other parts of the country and expect the product to stay fresh before it gets to the customer. National Biscuit Company invented and patented the inner seal. A cardboard box lined with a inner seal of wax paper and then vacuum packed to protect the crackers from spoilage.

https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com...ng-uneeda-biscuit-takes-crackers-barrel/

[Linked Image]

It changed the way food was packed and sold and made it possible to stay fresh and reach consumers far away.

In 1910 the Dutch came to the USA and brought a word with them: Cookie.

At the time in the USA cookies were called Sweet Breads. Sweet Breads and Cakes were out of reach of regular people. It was a food only wealthy households and kings and queens had. National Biscuit Company wanted a Sweet Bread product that was easy to produce and affordable to the regular people:

in 1912 they invented that product the Oreo by stealing it from a competing baking company https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrox

#4561011 - 03/23/21 03:27 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Air Warriors B-24 Liberator https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/details/series/air-warriors/season-8

The most-produced bomber in U.S. history, used during World War II by every branch of the American military, as well as by the Royal Air Force.

#4561025 - 03/23/21 10:41 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Food that built America: National Biscuit Company, in 1912 they invented my's and every body's favorite cookie: Oreo. https://play.history.com/shows/the-food-that-built-america/season-2/episode-7 National Biscuit Company is now Nabisco worth 15 billion in annual sales. They produce over 1000 Oreo in 2 dozen flavors per second adding up to 14 billion Oreo per year.

Ah, so at some time in the distant American past, "cookies" were referred to as "biscuits". The Brits need to get with the program and change as well. biggrin

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4561026 - 03/23/21 10:44 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

At the time in the USA cookies were called Sweet Breads. Sweet Breads and Cakes were out of reach of regular people. It was a food only wealthy households and kings and queens had. National Biscuit Company wanted a Sweet Bread product that was easy to produce and affordable to the regular people:

If you think about it, this evolution of making food and especially sugary food cheap and accessible to the masses had a major unforeseen consequence: widespread obesity.

#4561027 - 03/23/21 10:53 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Air Warriors B-24 Liberator https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/details/series/air-warriors/season-8

The most-produced bomber in U.S. history, used during World War II by every branch of the American military, as well as by the Royal Air Force.

And yet not nearly as well known to the mainstream US audience as the B-17 is. The major reason for that of course is the strategic bombing campaign of the 8th USAAF based in the UK which even casual observers of history have at least some inkling of. How many Americans outside of history buffs know about the B-24 raids on the Ploesti oil refineries in Romania?

#4561042 - 03/23/21 02:27 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
The B24 was badass.

#4561047 - 03/23/21 03:26 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

And yet not nearly as well known to the mainstream US audience as the B-17 is. The major reason for that of course is the strategic bombing campaign of the 8th USAAF based in the UK which even casual observers of history have at least some inkling of. How many Americans outside of history buffs know about the B-24 raids on the Ploesti oil refineries in Romania?

Ploesti was shown. Also the secret Carpetbaggers B-24 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolidated_B-24_Liberator#Carpetbaggers"

It wasn't completely right. They say the Ploesti German anti-aircraft was causing some B-24 to burst in fire. They show a second of B-24 with one wing burning loose. I look for it and wasn't Ploesti.

#4561238 - 03/25/21 02:17 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

On season 2 of Smallville. Also watching season 1 of Baywatch https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07M7TB6KV/

#4561239 - 03/25/21 02:27 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
You are the first person I have ever encountered that actually is watching Baywatch.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4561241 - 03/25/21 02:55 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
(Admit it, we all watched Babewatch here or there, back in the day...)

#4561242 - 03/25/21 03:07 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Baywatch is a good show. I missed more than half of the episodes when it was on TV.

WIKI:

The show was cancelled after its first season on NBC, but survived through syndication and later became the most-watched television show in the world, with an estimated weekly audience of 1.1 billion viewers despite consistently negative critical reviews

Beautiful women in swimsuits and Pamela Anderson.

Pamela is not in season 1. It was 2 not famous actresses Shawn Weatherly and Erika Eleniak.

#4561257 - 03/25/21 10:09 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
BD-123 Offline
Old Scroat
BD-123  Offline
Old Scroat

Naunton Beauchamp Worcestershi...
'Baywatch' was dubbed 'Wristwatch' when aired in England!

#4561258 - 03/25/21 10:28 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
(Admit it, we all watched Babewatch here or there, back in the day...)

I did not. I was busy watching X-Files at that time.

#4561315 - 03/25/21 06:18 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Not even in passing? I recall catching on a saturday morning every once in a while the late 80s/very early 90s, and not because of the plot or story. Yasmine Bleeth was so tasty.

#4561316 - 03/25/21 06:22 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Not even in passing? I recall catching on a saturday morning every once in a while the late 80s/very early 90s, and not because of the plot or story. Yasmine Bleeth was so tasty.

I maybe saw a few 5 second scenes here and there as I was channel surfing but that's it. I obviously knew the show existed but I stayed away from it like the plague since I knew the basic premise of the show.

Page 239 of 384 1 2 237 238 239 240 241 383 384

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.