#4560176 - 03/16/21 09:42 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots ***** [Re: epower]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Originally Posted by epower
Come on in, Albert. The water's fine.
There are different points on the write-up spectrum as well, so don't feel obligated to go nuts unless you want to

Haha, thanks epower, I might dip my toe in, who knows. I do like reading the ones on there.

I've noted the current date seems to be around mid March 1918, so theoretically it should be possible to start as a USAS pilot around then, that would interest me.

I'll have a thunk.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4560715 - 03/20/21 03:11 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Seeing as my DID campaign is literally stuck in the mud, banghead I've decided to grab some SPAD VII hours elsewhere for now, namely with Maurice Boyau in SPA77 around St Mihiel.

The SPAD is fast and rugged as we all know but you can turn well in it as long as you don't pull up too quickly. The trick to flying it for me though is use of the throttle, especially chasing two seaters trying to evade you.

Attached Files 1.jpg2.jpg3-1.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4560721 - 03/20/21 04:20 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Nice mate, those skies look busy in your 3rd pic. ..Looks like a Hoth Stormtrooper has made an appearance on your DiD thread hahaha

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4560731 - 03/20/21 07:09 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Adger]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Originally Posted by Adger
Nice mate, those skies look busy in your 3rd pic. ..Looks like a Hoth Stormtrooper has made an appearance on your DiD thread hahaha

Yeah mate it was a proper 'straightener' that fight, aircraft everywhere. That's why I picked late summer of 1917, I wanted to fly the SPAD VII but I wanted the skies busy.

Haha, yeah he looks a bit miserable doesn't he. Kind of sums the mood up around my DID airfield I think with all the crap weather.

#4560754 - 03/20/21 09:24 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Albert Tross]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Albert Tross

Yeah mate it was a proper 'straightener' that fight, aircraft everywhere. That's why I picked late summer of 1917, I wanted to fly the SPAD VII but I wanted the skies busy.

Haha, yeah he looks a bit miserable doesn't he. Kind of sums the mood up around my DID airfield I think with all the crap weather.

Well looks like you got your wish regarding busy skies mate, manage take anything down?

We will remember them.
#4560760 - 03/20/21 09:56 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
I did mate, that pic was of me climbing up towards a couple of Rumplers whilst everyone else was swirling around like gnats. I bagged one of them.

#4560766 - 03/20/21 10:34 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Albert Tross]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Albert Tross
I did mate, that pic was of me climbing up towards a couple of Rumplers whilst everyone else was swirling around like gnats. I bagged one of them.

Nice one pal thumbsup

We will remember them.
#4560893 - 03/22/21 01:53 AM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

A Few from my Jasta 5 campaign.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We will remember them.
#4560956 - 03/22/21 05:45 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Cracking pictures again mate, especially the BE with the smashed prop. Always great colours in WOFF, shows off the skins really well.

Some more from my SPA77 jaunt. Managed to bag a few so far. The 3rd picture, he actually ended up in the river ahoy Hopefully I'll start getting a few chances in my DID campaign now we can actually start flying biggrin

Attached Files 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

#4560969 - 03/22/21 08:57 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Cheers, yep I’ve used reshade for some time now but realised only recently that I actually prefer WOFF in stock colours, wish I could lay claim to the BE but I never got chance lay a glove on him.

Haha, great stuff pal, great shooting it looks a mean and moody day over the front

Great to see 2nd lieutenant J Harrison getting some flight time in over on the Did thread aswell mate cheers

We will remember them.
#4560988 - 03/22/21 10:42 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Lovely screenies all, keep them coming. I agree Adger, the default colors in WOFF PE are just fine - as is the sharpness of dials, gauges, etc. in the cockpits. For those who might like a wee bit more greenery to the grass - you will find that my GPU Tuner for WOFF PE does the trick (I have toggled on some light effects in the shaders.xml file that are dormant in the stock file, among other changes) - see pic. at the link below for the results, among other pics. from the "Casual Campaigns" thread.

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/21770/filename/shot1.jpg

Those running ver. 4.18 or earlier of WOFF UE are recommended to check over the Bucksnort SweetFX package, as well as my additions for that package (bloom, subtle bloom, no bloom, etc.). For some reason I was never able to get ReShade running on my rig. but no big loss since I don't need such programs anyway with WOFF PE, as I'm sure I won't need them with later eds. of WOFF too.

Cheers all and happy tinkering,
Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4561002 - 03/23/21 12:56 AM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Cheers VonS, yeah i like messing around with reshade and mods etc..imo theres a lot of titles out there that really come to life with Reshade (RDR2, Assassin's creed Odyssey,GTA V ) but WOFF certainly doesn't need it.
btw your GPU tuner is an excellent addition to WOFF iuse 1.1.1 and 1.4..great stuff.

A few more flying with Jasta 5, nothing really of note happened except for bumping into 'Bubi' Voss and his pals from Jasta 2.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We will remember them.
#4561093 - 03/23/21 09:10 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Great shots again, I love the weathering effects on the skins. Great stuff.

A few more from my SPAD jaunt.....I enjoy the early morning shots.... nearly as much as I like flaming two seaters biggrin

Attached Files 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

#4561123 - 03/24/21 12:02 AM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
LtCasey Offline
LtCasey  Offline

Darmstadt, Germany
Amazing photographs taken there!

Thanks for sharing everyone!

"What the hell do I care, I know I got them!" Raul Lufberry

AMD Guy! Ryzen 5 3600, 5700xt, 32gb RAM, 2x nvsme Samsung 250gb (system) 500gb (Game) +100gb Backup Corsair ssd. Watercooled. Win 10 64bit.
#4561127 - 03/24/21 12:39 AM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

@Albert..cheers, yep the dawn shots always look fantastic wow that kite is certainly smoking

@LtCasey nice one mate appreciated, its a fantastic looking sim there's always a decent shot to be taken. cheers

A few more, squadmates battle over our own lines, My balloon kill which was verified and...those poor lads in the trenches getting massacered.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We will remember them.
#4561356 - 03/26/21 04:11 AM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Adger, those first two shots look awesome. Are you still using Reshade anymore or is this just stock WOFF?

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#4561358 - 03/26/21 04:42 AM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thanks Blade, it’s great to see you posting your fantastic WOFF shots again mate...The 4 on the last page and the 8 here are all stock WOFF, it’s strange how I now personally find the default colours more realistic, all taken at 1440p mate cheers

We will remember them.
#4561394 - 03/26/21 03:28 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Lovely shots again Adger and Blade. The colours look so vivid, like the wood the struts are made of, they look so smooth, like they've just been sanded down and varnished.

Thought I'd fly a few jaunts in the Fokker DII, inspired by Sandbagger's latest creation. It's a strange bird alright. Managed to bag a Caudron though, be rude not to wouldn't it biggrin

Attached Files fokd2.jpgfokd22.jpgfokd222.jpg

#4561406 - 03/26/21 05:30 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
@ Adger, YES! I have been hoping you would try straight up WOFF and hopefully WOTR again. Nothing against reshade or your previuos work, but if you compare a non reshade with a reshade pic you will see that the reshade pics are slightly darker, grainier(if that's a word?) and present a little worse AA and the edges of the planes show it. You have a great eye for pics, angles, times of day and all around composition and these latest few pics which you have posted really show the realistic quality of the graphics, colors and quality of the planes in WOFF. That Tripe/Alby pic is off the charts! S! smile

@Albert Tross, Yes those Caudron simply are just begging for it flaunting there dual engines all across the countryside as if they are Kingly or something such! It is best that you taught them and their brethren a lesson which neither shall forget any time soon Sir! S! ar15
Nice pics Sir.

S!Blade<><

Edit: I just read back 3 pages and see you all have been talking about running stock WOFF, and...I am late to the party and uninformed as usual.So,............ I concur whole heatedly! hahaha

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 03/26/21 05:47 PM.
#4561416 - 03/26/21 06:10 PM Re: WOFF UE & PE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

@ Albert,great shots from you again as always..Cheers pal, Blades shots are always fantastic and the detail that OBD put into WOFF is just incredible, I agree with Blade those Caudron,s need knocking down a peg or two biggrin

@ Blade, I absolutely agree with you mate, WOFF certainly doesn’t need any reshade/Sweetfx etc..I messed around a bit in a Nvidia settings (AA and AF but that’s it). Thanks for the kind words how incredible does BHAH II look btw? Going by what I’ve seen from the videos and shots so far it’s gonna be epic. Hopefully soon pal we’ll be posting shots of the new sim and..I believe Winding mans going to give us some news regarding WOTR very soon, we’re in for a treat from both sims for many years to come.
Hope you’re well sir, stay safe thumbsup

We will remember them.
Page 76 of 77 1 2 74 75 76 77

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM