Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
#4560757 - 03/20/21 09:29 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Originally Posted by Polovski

To answer another question no there are no new aircraft types in BH&H II, far too much work on improving the whole sim has been undertaken to get here.
But after release, and any patching needed, we will do something for WOTR, then will be back to WOFF and adding aircraft etc.

Thank you very much for clarifying and setting out the trajectories. Appreciated
smile

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4560764 - 03/20/21 10:16 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Pol could it be possible that a "Free" aircraft might come in the way of a patch in the future (Eg like the Fokker DVI that was given in UE patch 4.2..something) ? cheers

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4560770 - 03/20/21 11:20 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
New aircraft of course would always be great and Pol has said they will look into that in the future, possibly after they give some attention to WOTR. In the meantime, I'm excited for the Devs to release the full Features list for BHaH II, which will hopefully be soon. I'm telling you it feels like the entire experience has been transformed. It's not just any one specific thing. It's the way all of the new features gel together to form something greater than the sum of its parts.

With your goggles getting dirty, bloody, rained on and even cracked, your field of view can quickly get obscured. It becomes harder than ever in some circumstances just to keep visual track of your opponent(s) let alone draw a bead on them for shooting. All of this can be toggled in the Workshop, of course. Couple that with the amazing new sound effects, natural flight modeling, reloading of the top Lewis gun and some truly wonderful AI upgrades and I've never felt more in the cockpit during the war in any sim. Without using labels to identify where your opponents are, scoring kills has never been more challenging. Additionally, things that used to be a walk in the park under the old AI are no longer a guarantee. More often than not, if I even come close to approaching an enemy aircraft that's trying to land, it will turn and engage to fight before I even get within gun range.

Fights high in the sky are dangerous because there are so many planes in the sky and the new sound effects really bring the experience to life. The fights down low are epic too. Don't count on them suicide diving into the ground. You're going to have to outfly and out shoot them.

Does WOFF BHaH II have new planes? No. But I can tell you that with all the wonderful features the devs have added, every single one of the 80+ planes feels like a new experience when you fly them.

Last edited by Hellshade; 03/21/21 01:41 AM.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4560779 - 03/21/21 12:30 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thanks Hellshade all the new features truly sound game changing, personally looking forwards to the new FM and Creaghorns?? sounds, can you "wipe" the rain\blood off the goggles ? that'd be especially awesome.
Again many thanks for keeping us drooling hahaha

We will remember them.
#4560800 - 03/21/21 06:23 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
catch Offline
catch  Offline

QLD, Australia

I seem to recall seeing a photograph of a Se5a with a wheel shot off. Cue ack emmas running around frantically waving arms and pointing when you come into land ! Will this DM apply to all planes?

#4560809 - 03/21/21 09:08 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Adger]  
Creaghorn Offline
Creaghorn  Offline

N�rnberg Frankonia
Originally Posted by Adger
Thanks Hellshade all the new features truly sound game changing, personally looking forwards to the new FM and Creaghorns?? sounds, can you "wipe" the rain\blood off the goggles ? that'd be especially awesome.
Again many thanks for keeping us drooling hahaha

Yes, I had the honor :-)

Wiping off goggles is IMO a bit overrated since they had thick gloves with which you could hardly do a thing besides grabbing and holding something. Also in real usually scarfs were thick and tightly wrapped around your neck, avoiding to have anything exposed to freezing air or having a loose end. And once it would be not tightly wrapped anymore one never would be able to fix it again. So the silk scarf stuff with a floating end is rather a modern interpretation in airshows and movies. So the only option to wipe your goggles would be to clean them with your thick gloves, which means with the back of your hand or very thick gloved thumb etc. It would be more of a smearing than cleansing and imo not making too much of a difference.

#4560810 - 03/21/21 09:25 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Creaghorn]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Creaghorn
[

Yes, I had the honor :-)

Wiping off goggles is IMO a bit overrated since they had thick gloves with which you could hardly do a thing besides grabbing and holding something. Also in real usually scarfs were thick and tightly wrapped around your neck, avoiding to have anything exposed to freezing air or having a loose end. And once it would be not tightly wrapped anymore one never would be able to fix it again. So the silk scarf stuff with a floating end is rather a modern interpretation in airshows and movies. So the only option to wipe your goggles would be to clean them with your thick gloves, which means with the back of your hand or very thick gloved thumb etc. It would be more of a smearing than cleansing and imo not making too much of a difference.

Thank you for replying Creaghorn really appreciated. Yes what you’ve wrote makes absolute perfect sense, cheers...
The sounds really do stand out on the vids that I’ve seen , a quick last question if I may? Could you recommend sound levels for engine,user/if etc, thanks once again.

We will remember them.
#4560811 - 03/21/21 09:30 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
I've always found the sounds in WOFF a thing of beauty, the purring of the Argus on the Halberstadt DIII a particular favourite. So if you've improved on those then that's great.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4560813 - 03/21/21 10:14 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: catch]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by catch

I seem to recall seeing a photograph of a Se5a with a wheel shot off. Cue ack emmas running around frantically waving arms and pointing when you come into land ! Will this DM apply to all planes?

Yes, it will. I have shot off landing gear several times on different planes. The new damage modeling changes are a big improvement. There's also no more of the dreaded all four wings exploding off at the same time effect due to bullet strikes. Now I have seen planes totally disintegrate in mid air collisions, but even that effect is markedly different and looks very realistic. It all looks much more natural.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4560818 - 03/21/21 10:54 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
As to wiping goggles, if your vision was that obscured you would simply pull them out of the way or off completely... could that be an option?

#4560821 - 03/21/21 12:00 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Trooper117]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Albert Tross
I've always found the sounds in WOFF a thing of beauty, the purring of the Argus on the Halberstadt DIII a particular favourite. So if you've improved on those then that's great.

Now you’re talking mate, the Argus sounds fantastic doesn’t it, can’t wait to hear the new engine sounds.

Originally Posted by Trooper117
As to wiping goggles, if your vision was that obscured you would simply pull them out of the way or off completely... could that be an option?

Good shout imo Trooper, i think that’d be a great option, I’m assuming at the moment it’s either goggles with blood etc on or completely off from Workshop?

We will remember them.
#4560840 - 03/21/21 04:34 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Creaghorn, I really want to thank you on the new sounds and effects, in particular the new engine and machine gun effects. They sound top-notch! Any estimate on how much time you spent revising all the sounds in the game?

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4560900 - 03/22/21 04:14 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Hellshade]  
catch Offline
catch  Offline

QLD, Australia
Originally Posted by Hellshade
Originally Posted by catch

Yes, it will. I have shot off landing gear several times on different planes. The new damage modeling changes are a big improvement. There's also no more of the dreaded all four wings exploding off at the same time effect due to bullet strikes. Now I have seen planes totally disintegrate in mid air collisions, but even that effect is markedly different and looks very realistic. It all looks much more natural.

Cheers man. I think I'm beginning to get excited.

#4560907 - 03/22/21 08:31 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
Knew it would be the week I get no money!!!

#4560908 - 03/22/21 08:33 AM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Wodin]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
Originally Posted by Wodin
Knew it would be the week I get no money!!!

Wish we could pre order. Any idea on price? I maybe able to save it as I get some money this Thursday.

#4560931 - 03/22/21 02:43 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

Hallo @Wodin,

no sorrows!
BH&HII will not be a limited edition, no limited time-sale, no auction.
After release you can purchase it every day. So you have all options to decide the suitable timepoint.

Greetings!

#4560955 - 03/22/21 05:44 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Becker01]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
Originally Posted by Becker01
Hallo @Wodin,

no sorrows!
BH&HII will not be a limited edition, no limited time-sale, no auction.
After release you can purchase it every day. So you have all options to decide the suitable timepoint.

Greetings!

I know. But to see it on sale and not have the funds will drive me crazy!!

#4561044 - 03/23/21 02:44 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
I see that the website has announced BH&H2 will be available in early April. twoweeks

Last edited by Raine; 03/23/21 02:45 PM.
#4561046 - 03/23/21 03:07 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

I remain suspiciously hopeful. biggrin

#4561064 - 03/23/21 04:47 PM Re: WOFF BH&H II is Coming Soon! [Re: Polovski]  
LtCasey Offline
LtCasey  Offline

Darmstadt, Germany
I. Am. Excited!!

By this time all the "new kitchen is coming" stuffs will be done!🤗

"What the hell do I care, I know I got them!" Raul Lufberry

AMD Guy! Ryzen 5 3600, 5700xt, 32gb RAM, 2x nvsme Samsung 250gb (system) 500gb (Game) +100gb Backup Corsair ssd. Watercooled. Win 10 64bit.
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM