Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Loved Man of Steel
Loved BvS .... other than the “Martha” bit
WW was good, with some shortcomings
This one didn’t live up IMO. Not that I would say it was bad, but it felt rushed and too many attempts to be light hearted with few being actually funny. I liked how dark MoS and BvS were. Maybe that’s what Joss introduced when he took over?
It was also short, not even 2 hours of actual movietime. Maybe there will be an extended version when it comes home? MoS and Bvs were about 30 minutes longer in the theatrical, BvS extended was another 30 or so.

I was expecting it to go differently in some areas, and unless there was a second piece during the credits (there is one for sure early on)...there was something missing that was talked about a while back with a lot of speculation. Two in fact.
Anyone else?

edit: there is a 2nd scene after the credits. Still doesn’t explain the missing bits.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4390559 - 11/20/17 12:46 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I've not seen it but there is a lot of controversy surrounding the movie right now in the industry.

Not only did most critics give it a negative review but the opening weekend box office numbers fell way below what both the studio and industry insiders were expecting.

WB's attempt to compete with the Avengers seems to have fallen flat on its face.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 11/20/17 12:47 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4390564 - 11/20/17 01:58 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada
Wonder Woman does not have big enough breasts biggrin

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#4390574 - 11/20/17 03:06 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: No105_Archie]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by No105_Archie
Wonder Woman does not have big enough breasts biggrin

As the rare male who actually prefers smaller perkier boobies (think eraser tips on peaches...must be the French in me smile ), I agree with you. Not so much that her cans are too small, it's that Gal Gadot's body is too dainty for the role. She has a body that I can pick up with one arm or prop up against the wall with two. Sexy (to me) but not at all intimidating, like WW should be (IMO)...

[Linked Image]

Attached Files Best_WW.jpg

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4390575 - 11/20/17 03:13 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
When has Wonder Woman ever had a really buff body? Linda Carter didn't and not in any of the cartoons I saw in the 1970's!

WW is not supposed to look like a WWE wrestler as shown in that first pic posted by Mark.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 11/20/17 03:15 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4390578 - 11/20/17 03:24 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Linda Carter's WW was fine for the 1970's, but the comic book WW usually has a little thickness to her, yes?

The sun is in the east
#4390580 - 11/20/17 03:26 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
PM, we posted/edited at the same time. smile

I looked up the comic book WW and to me she usually looks a little thick (in a strong way)...

Bing search for "wonder woman comics"

The sun is in the east
#4390584 - 11/20/17 04:50 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I've always preferred Marvel to D.C. Comics, so it's no shocker that I also prefer the Marvel movies.

The big difference is that D.C. has superheroes with a human disguise, where Marvel has humans with a superhero disguise, if that make sense.

While Superman is Clark Kent, Tony Stark is Iron Man. Batman is Bruce Wayne; Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

With the exception of Thor, the only Marvel characters that live in their super form actually don't have powers (Black Widow, for example).

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4390594 - 11/20/17 06:13 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
The main issue is that they attempted to lighten the movie up after already establishing themselves as a series with a darker, more somber tone. Batman is too...cooperative. Team oriented. That's not how I picture him.
I liked the darker presentation of MoS and BvS, it differentiated the DC movies from Marvel's.

Don't click if you don't want spoilers, but here are what's missing and wrong that are too specific to mention.
1-They teased the black suit for Superman, the one he wears after coming back in the Fortress of Solitude. Implying it takes time for him to get powered up. There's no black suit! He goes from what he was buried in to IMMEDIATELY powered up...by the mother box, Batman and Flash no less...and shoots off the instant he comes back. WTF? What about the heartbeat from the end of BvS?
No suit, no drama, just an "ooh he's forgotten who he is until Lois shows up to remind him". That was VERY anticlimactic. The bit with Flash was funny though, he didn't expect Sup's to be able to see him and match speed. LOL

2-Where did that scene go that the teased where you see someone's shoulder, facing Alfred, apparently in the Bat Cave, and Alfred says "I was wondering when you'd show up". Some though that might be when Superman comes back, some thought it might be Nightwing...who knows. Apparently it was nothing.

3-Batman jokes around a lot. Aquaman jokes around a lot..he's only briefly a standoffish tough guy. Flash jokes around a lot. Superman jokes around a lot. WW does some and talks tough every time right before getting knocked on her...skirt.

4-Superman totally kicked Steppenwolf's butt. No problem. He jokes about it. Stretch it out some! Maybe that's a set up for Darkseid to show him as more powerful? No mention of him, the Flashpoint moment from BvS or the alternate future.

5-They teased a Green Lantern 1000's of years ago for the previous fight with Steppenwolf, but there has yet to be one in current times. Where was GL? Aren't there like 4-5 from Earth now? We even saw the ring fly off to find a new candidate in the flashback. No other heroes, no mention of the Suicide Squad.

6-Again, it was too short. 2 hours including 10 minutes of credits is a short movie after the previous ones were 30-60 minutes longer (theater and extended cut).

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
#4390596 - 11/20/17 06:16 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite

I liked the darker presentation of MoS and BvS, it differentiated the DC movies from Marvel's.

Yup, I am absolutely in the same camp as you. Apparently though we must be in the minority since WB felt it was necessary to mess with the formula in order to get more broad appeal.

And 100% agreed on Batman. Batman is a recluse and a vigilante. He's not going to hold hands and sing kumbaya.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 11/20/17 06:17 PM.

#4390603 - 11/20/17 06:54 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I enjoyed the dark knight series and I enjoyed the new superman and batman vs superman. I like the darker superhero movies/series. I didnt much care for suicide squad. I think they completely failed to understand what makes a good movie with that one. Ill probably wait for dvd for justice league. Everyone I know who saw it said it was good though.

#4390642 - 11/20/17 11:52 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Good is fair, I was just expecting “great” like when I left the theater after MoS and BvS. Agreed about SS, but I can watch it.

#4391433 - 11/26/17 08:33 AM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: MarkG]  
Vertigo1 Offline
Veteran
Vertigo1  Offline
Veteran

Zeta Aquilae System
Originally Posted by MarkG

[Linked Image]

Gina Carano! notworthy

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
#4391470 - 11/26/17 02:29 PM Re: Justice League, no spoilers [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I take back what I said about Gal Gadot. After the LSU game last night I channel surfed, watched the beginning of SNL and she was hosting. Not how I remember her, she's beefed up enough for the role, I think.

The sun is in the east
#4559647 - 03/12/21 08:21 PM Re: Justice League, spoilers hidden [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

#4559743 - 03/13/21 04:19 PM Re: Justice League, spoilers hidden [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I think the Justice League restored movie will be epic, But.. It is said that it will end with a cliff hanger and no plan as of now to make a sequel. The Flash movie is supposed to deal with Barry Allen going back in time as in Flashpoint so is this where he warns Bruce? We will have to wait a while before we find out.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4559976 - 03/14/21 06:24 PM Re: Justice League, spoilers hidden [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

#4560393 - 03/17/21 03:17 PM Re: Justice League, spoilers hidden [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

#4560471 - 03/18/21 02:24 AM Re: Justice League, spoilers hidden [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
my god snyder really hates superman.....FFS........and the leaks where lois lane kid is actually batman, LMAO at his ending here.
Basically batman is a murderer, superman wear black because snyder doesnt like color...he never upgrade to his suit even in the ending riping his shirt to show the chest logo, wonder woman is also a murderer, she splat the head of a terrorist and completely obliterates the ring leader in front of CHILDREN AND THEY SMILE AFTER ......omg....no wonder wb was so scared after they saw the footage

there is no way in hell this movie would had worked even spliting it in half, it would be a letdown in theaters.

now to spoilers but i preface with this, they lied.....whedon was unjusticed,that movie is all snyder with a few aditions, even the jokes are from snyder version, some dialogues are cringe and you can see they work better on whedons version.

superman murders everyone in knightmare vision, superman tries to murder batman after being reborn but batman has...super gauntlet or something and deflect it......yeah, wonder woman cut the head of steppenwolf,martian manhunter has the lamest and cringest intro ever....also that scene was clearly not in the movie it was added later, that is affleck face on a a double body........the bridge fight in the tunnel is also new, they had wonder woman face over a cg body

he lied, the made this movie after taking notes all those years, the stuff that was in the can was already on whedon version,plot is the same, just with more scenes that need to get cut for pacing.
snyder should make mini series or tv shows, he clearly doesnt know how to run in a theatrical time limit......

#4560489 - 03/18/21 10:43 AM Re: Justice League, spoilers hidden [Re: Blade_RJ]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
my god snyder really hates superman.....

I'm neither a DC comic book expert or super fan but I realized right away that Snyder made a fundamental mistake by making Superman a "dark" character. He was essentially trying to emulate the success Chris Nolan had with his Batman films by making Superman the same type of dark, introspective and emotionally torn character.

What apparently he DIDN'T get is that Batman is supposed to be a dark character by design while Superman is NOT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.