Hop To
Page 75 of 77 1 2 73 74 75 76 77
#4558539 - 03/04/21 08:35 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots ***** [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Very interesting epower, I've had similar experiences flying with Esc 3 for a while and it wasn't just Guynemer, it was all of them, all getting in front of you.

Apparently Guynemer wasn't a team player at all though, even on patrols, he'd just fly away from his wingman.

They weren't all like that of course, both Edward Mannock and Linke-Crawford the Austro-Hungarian ace used to shoot up an aircraft, knowing it was about to fall and then move away so that an inexperienced wingman could come in and finish it off.

Haha Adger, remind me never to be in the vicinity when you're in the air, "what are you claiming today sir?"....."three Albatros, two SE5's, 4 Cows and a bloke in the bar".

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4558570 - 03/04/21 12:31 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Great information, both of you really know your stuff regarding these legendary Aces cheers guys,
Albert I could shoot the whole Jasta down by myself, and the top brass would still deny my claims hahaha

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4558571 - 03/04/21 01:02 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Adger, my current DID pilot is feeling your pain when it comes to claims denied. Turns in six, gets awarded one. He even tried bribing the Brass Hats in the Claims Offices with a couple bottles of scotch, which proved to be nothing but a waste of good booze.

Epower, I've noticed too how more often than not an HA in WOFF seems to emulate his RL counterpart in terms of fighting style. Could be wishful thinking on our parts, but then again ...

Great videos and screenshots as always folks, please keep them coming!

#4558579 - 03/04/21 01:45 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

Adger, my current DID pilot is feeling your pain when it comes to claims denied. Turns in six, gets awarded one. He even tried bribing the Brass Hats in the Claims Offices with a couple bottles of scotch, which proved to be nothing but a waste of good booze.

Epower, I've noticed too how more often than not an HA in WOFF seems to emulate his RL counterpart in terms of fighting style. Could be wishful thinking on our parts, but then again ...

Great videos and screenshots as always folks, please keep them coming!

Haha I do indeed feel your pain Lou, I bet they’d notice if you shot one of your squad mates down though hahaha

Long time Lurker over at the DiD thread some fantastic reports and shots over there mate, I’m looking forward to the next chapter in the WOFF collection.

We will remember them.
#4558591 - 03/04/21 03:10 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Adger, you should create a DID pilot and join us, provided RL will allow you the time. The more the merrier! pilot

#4558610 - 03/04/21 04:58 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

Adger, you should create a DID pilot and join us, provided RL will allow you the time. The more the merrier! pilot

that’s my predicament mate, so much too do, so little time to do it in, I’m really going to try and make some me time with the upcoming release, I’d love to jump on over with a pilot and join you guys ..Cheers Lou

We will remember them.
#4558841 - 03/06/21 06:14 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
New Installs of both UE & PE and both are performing very well. yep Time for a new Campaign. Hmmmmm??? Where to start???? popcorn Here are a few pics from tonight. yep

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#4559867 - 03/14/21 03:11 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Jasta 5.. Boistrancourt (Airfield i believe by Panama Red and RAF Louvert?)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We will remember them.
#4559869 - 03/14/21 03:39 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

That's a handsome set of pics. Adger - WOFF sure is the cat's meow in the looks department. I need to return to flying my casual campaigns - have been a bit busy with work currently and also with some mods. in FE2, and I admit that I have also tried to hammer the AI into some shape in RoF. burnout

Speaking of that other sim (not of FE2 which is best for single rolling missions, but that other one), take note ye' all who also have that one how the campaigns there are a strange, invisible, rolling bubble of sorts across the horizon - of areas that get activated with AI flights as you pass by (at least that's the general impression I get in that sim). In WOFF, on the other hand - you have a full, living campaign around you, from take-off to landing, with everyone going about their busy schedules and sometimes popping in for lunch early in case of engine failure.

Happy WOFFing all,
Von S

Last edited by VonS; 10/22/21 05:33 PM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4559897 - 03/14/21 09:59 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Great screenshots Blade, that second one, the colours are sooooo good it's almost like a painting.

Adger quality as always mate, the airfields look superb and I love the fact they're alive, lorries tootling along, mechanics busy working and even a gramophone warbling on in the background....all making WOFF the unique experience it is.

VonS, I agree, I did used to enjoy ROF as graphically it looked lovely, but the mechanics of the missions (and so many other things) with aircraft spawning at a given point and then flying around and around in circles just wasn't something that pulled me in like WOFF does. The ingame immersion factor is x100 in WOFF. From the moment your mission starts and your sat on the airfield to the moment you roll up at the end of that mission (assuming you've survived of course) the immersion is like no other.

I've decided to take a break from my 54 Squadron career and go to the other end of the spectrum, flying for the German Marine Landflieger in September 1915.

It's early days and obviously flying an Eindecker EI in the emptier skies of autumnal 1915 is a very different feeling than Spring 1917 but that's what I wanted.

I posted a couple of these pictures in my combat report in the report thread yesterday but thought I'd add them here together with another one where I'd attacked a balloon, which is not added to my report, only because it would have completely gone against orders not to go over the lines winkngrin

Attached Files scaredycat.jpgballoonistic.jpgearlydoors.jpg

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4559902 - 03/14/21 10:52 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

@ Blade completely forgot to say wonderful pics as usual, hope you’re well and hopefully we’ll see more of you’re pics up soon ..especially with BHAH II on the horizon.

@ VonS..Cheers mate appreciated, thought I hadn’t seen you about as much and I have noticed your mod work regarding ROF..I just cannot bring myself to reinstall to try it especially when the newer iteration of OBD,S WW1 sim is hopefully near. Don’t get me wrong mate ROF does a few things well but..SP campaign certainly isn’t one of them, and even though Pat as done a wonderful job with PWCG, he’s still restricted with the ROF engine as too his limits. I personally never felt that I was in a living,breathing world whilst flying ROF..everything just “feels” scripted. Hopefully we’ll see you back more when BHAH gets released hey mate.

@ Albert again cheers pal,great pics hope you got your balloon kill confirmed? ahh the E1..I’ve lost count of the number of times that old bird has done me in such a bloody handful especially when the wind is up.. I echo your sentiments exactly and it’s the immersion that draws me back time and time again. ROF for me simply doesn’t have it, only real thing I enjoyed about ROF was at times the FM and I’m led to believe that BHAH II,s FM feels even more “realistic “ then it is now with WOFF PE. Cheers again mate, and best of luck with the E1...you’ll need it winkngrin

Best regards to you all.

We will remember them.
#4559928 - 03/14/21 12:04 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Flying the EI teaches you patience that's for sure and for me it gives you a real opportunity to fly your missions as realistically as possible. It takes an age just to climb up, doubly so if you're being buffeted by the wind as you say.

There are far fewer aircraft in the air so you need to really use your spotting skills and maybe hang around important points for a while. To see if something turns up. Then if you do spot something....what is it?....and where is it in relation to you?

As you can see from the first picture, I spotted an enemy aircraft, it was a Morane. On seeing us he turned and ran. Now I could have gone hell for leather after him, but he had height on us and we were quite close to the lines, with his nose down there's no chance I'd have caught up with him until he got to his airfield and the nearest airfield is a fair distance over the lines, putting me and my precious synchronisation system in jeopardy.

So, with a moral victory in the bag rather than a material one, in that he'd abandoned his mission, we turned and carried on our patrol.

I really like that it gives you the feeling of having to make the same decisions, Boelcke, Immelmann, Buddecke etc had to make in those very early days and how exciting it must have been to be flying these aircraft.... to us... primitive but to them cutting edge machines....and trying to come up with the first proper tactics.

#4559960 - 03/14/21 04:10 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Albert great post pal you’ve summed the early flights of these kites perfectly. Your 3rd paragraph brings back memory’s of what I used to do all the time when I 1st started flying OBD s sims all those years ago.

My fiery nature meant I’d just wade in leaving my squad/jasta to fend for themselves and chase anything down that moved..I’d then find myself miles from any friendly and being surrounded by enemy, safe to say mate I didn’t last too long duh In RL I’d have lasted 10 minutes honestly I don’t know how some of these young men lasted more than a week in these kites,

I’ve learnt now that patience is the key although I still at times go chasing but I make sure I don’t stray too far biggrin and whilst no sim can give you the full experience of RL flying/combat..WOFF is the closest I’ve ever felt to what it must have felt like..I still shiver when I fire my engine up on a freezing cold winter morning, I still gasp when I see the sunrise pop up over the trees, I still feel fear when I lose an enemy in the clouds, I still drop my head and close my eyes when I see one of my squad get shot down in flames or crash due to engine failure. No other sim has ever ever made me feel like this and it’s about to get even better.

We will remember them.
#4559987 - 03/14/21 07:25 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Adger]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Originally Posted by Adger
Albert great post pal you’ve summed the early flights of these kites perfectly. Your 3rd paragraph brings back memory’s of what I used to do all the time when I 1st started flying OBD s sims all those years ago.

My fiery nature meant I’d just wade in leaving my squad/jasta to fend for themselves and chase anything down that moved..I’d then find myself miles from any friendly and being surrounded by enemy, safe to say mate I didn’t last too long duh In RL I’d have lasted 10 minutes honestly I don’t know how some of these young men lasted more than a week in these kites,

I’ve learnt now that patience is the key although I still at times go chasing but I make sure I don’t stray too far biggrin and whilst no sim can give you the full experience of RL flying/combat..WOFF is the closest I’ve ever felt to what it must have felt like..I still shiver when I fire my engine up on a freezing cold winter morning, I still gasp when I see the sunrise pop up over the trees, I still feel fear when I lose an enemy in the clouds, I still drop my head and close my eyes when I see one of my squad get shot down in flames or crash due to engine failure. No other sim has ever ever made me feel like this and it’s about to get even better.

If it'd been well over our lines or nearer our altitude or if it had stayed on it's course I'd have chased it, or if it was a BE2 which I could have caught up quicker, maybe I'd have gone after it.

It's all those little things that those first fighter pilots had to figure out which fascinates me and WOFF is the only WW1 sim out there which gives me the opportunity to put myself in their shoes. Add to that the immersion levels which are sky high as we've said and that's why we're here mate...... drooling like Homer after a can of Duff.... waiting for the new version to come out hahaha

#4560007 - 03/14/21 09:17 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Albert Tross]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Albert Tross

It's all those little things that those first fighter pilots had to figure out which fascinates me and WOFF is the only WW1 sim out there which gives me the opportunity to put myself in their shoes. Add to that the immersion levels which are sky high as we've said and that's why we're here mate...... drooling like Homer after a can of Duff.... waiting for the new version to come out hahaha

Haha..Hmmm Duff biggrin

[Linked Image]

We will remember them.
#4560032 - 03/15/21 02:00 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Jasta 5 (using a Jasta 2 skin for my personal kite its my football teams colours)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We will remember them.
#4560128 - 03/15/21 07:06 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Great shots again pal, that third one is brill. If that was in a frame on your wall you wouldn't complain, the colours are so good.

Some more shots from my MFJ Eindecker career in September 1915. I posted several in the report thread so here's a few more.

Attached Files 3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

#4560138 - 03/15/21 08:31 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Cheers mate,yeah saw the clouds out of the cockpit and just had to grab a shot, love those 2 dawn shots of the EI, WOFF and WOTR does dawn/dusk incredibly well.
You ever thought about starting a Did campaign mate, I’m sure Lou,Epower fullofit and the other lads I’d love see your writing and reports over there?

We will remember them.
#4560143 - 03/15/21 10:13 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Adger]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Originally Posted by Adger
Cheers mate,yeah saw the clouds out of the cockpit and just had to grab a shot, love those 2 dawn shots of the EI, WOFF and WOTR does dawn/dusk incredibly well.
You ever thought about starting a Did campaign mate, I’m sure Lou,Epower fullofit and the other lads I’d love see your writing and reports over there?

Yeah, I agree the skies are wonderful in both games and add to the already immersive atmosphere.

I have thought about it mate tbh and never say never, it's committing to a full write up of every mission which might be tough right at this moment. Whereas now I'm writing up the ones I want to. I'd want to do it justice if I was to do it.

#4560152 - 03/15/21 11:25 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
epower Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp
epower  Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp

Come on in, Albert. The water's fine.
There are different points on the write-up spectrum as well, so don't feel obligated to go nuts unless you want to

Page 75 of 77 1 2 73 74 75 76 77

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM