Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 261 of 366 1 2 259 260 261 262 263 365 366
#4558932 - 03/07/21 04:23 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) ***** [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Epower, your writing, in a word, epic! I dare say Oliver has more discipline than Jeremiah. Of course, Jeremiah has a lot less to lose.

Lou, let’s hope the coveted 50 will be confirmed.

Fullofit, another lesson in flying. Great video.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4558935 - 03/07/21 04:34 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Epower: Epic and the wonderful old time Pics and posters. Good going.

#4559001 - 03/08/21 02:22 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

J.K. Thorpe
2 Lt. Rfc. M.C. MM.
41 Sqn
Lealvillers, Flanders.
4 Victory
6 Unconfirmed

7 Mar 1918.

Sqn mission for a Balloon, Went up with B Flight. Maj Bowman Led. As we arrived over target, The Maj led his section down and took out the target. My section stayed high in case A flights 5 a/c got into it. The Sqn's getting Hot what with A flying C.O. and Sgt Johnson is fast becoming the shooting Star. I due hope they don't burn their candles at both ends and come to a sticky end.

Attached Files CFS3 2021-03-07 18-00-51-34.jpg
Last edited by carrick58; 03/08/21 02:23 AM.
#4559012 - 03/08/21 04:02 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
ePower, another epic tale and masterful storytelling. Bravo, sir!

I believe you said you own a farm, but I believe that is just a cover for your real occupation as a professional writer. I dare you to tell me I am wrong!

In regard to the story of our American friend, I'm afraid the "climax" is building to an epic (there's that word again) confrontation between Eliza, Clarissa, and the enigmatic Mrs. Lampard over the affections and attributes of Oliver. Oliver may be safer over the fields of Flander's than in the parlors and tea rooms of London!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4559046 - 03/08/21 01:18 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Fullofit - No treating law? Bah! Everyone ignores it so no worries there. Now then, why those Spad jockeys keep trying to turn fight the DR.1 is beyond me. With such foolish and willing victims, coupled with his skills, Rudi is going to hit the fifty mark in no time at this rate.

And speaking of fifty, approval for Freddy's last claim came through today just before the morning show, so a binge is on the horizon. As for my man increasing his score beyond that mark anytime soon, well that is not in the cards. Captain Abbott and the lads from 'B' Flight went chasing after a trio of Rolands that were attempting to plant some eggs on Poperinge and no sooner had caught up with them when Freddy's mount got shot through smartly by one of the Hun G/Os. Whether the fellow was a crack shot or just lucky is anyone's guess, but the end result was a perforated petrol tank and loss of some elevator control in Abbott's Camel, and a bullet crease just below his left knee. The Captain broke off his attack immediately and turned back to camp as fuel was pouring out from the rupture and streaming behind him. In less than a minute the Clerget starved out and shut down. Fortunately Freddy had plenty of altitude to work with and, despite the sloshy elevator, it was a simple affair to drift down and line up on the field. Simple that is until a gust of wind lifted the tail of Abbott's kite just as he was rumbling to a stop in front of the hangars, and with the unresponsive elevator and no power to correct the situation the Camel ended up on its nose. As Freddy was climbing down from his office, shaken but relatively safe, his injured leg got tangled up in between the control column and the seat and he tumbled out, twisting the ankle of the caught leg in the process. As it ended up the bullet crease was fairly minimal, requiring only cleaning and dressing. The ankle however swelled immediately and would likely take a week at least to heal enough for Freddy to return to flying duties. And just when the weather had at last improved!

[Linked Image]

#4559105 - 03/08/21 07:17 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Carrick, good to see you back or at least nearly back.

Fullofit, you showed great patience in bagging that Strutter! I would most likely have been shot three or four times in that sequence.

MFair, Jeremiah is racking up a score quickly!

Lou, Freddie really must be more careful. It would be a pity to damage that smile.

Epower, that was an immaculately researched and beautifully written episode. I am following Oliver's story eagerly. Hope he is enjoying his time at the Lion. Don't forget the Guinness and oyster pudding!

#4559107 - 03/08/21 07:37 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Lou, agreed, the SPADs should not even attempt turn fighting, except maybe rookies. Hopefully we’ll see some smarter tactics in the new version.
Congrats on making half century. Well done to Freddy but bad luck with the unfortunate landing. If that Hun gunner only knew how much damage he’d caused, there’d be a medal for him for sure. No great loss though, Freddy can still drink with the best of them, swollen ankle or not.

Raine, the only reason I was patient with that Strutter is because all my previous pilots would already have been shot three or four times in that sequence.
That comment about Freddy’s smile made me laugh.

8 March, 1918 09:45
Toulis, Marne Sector
Jasta 19, JG II
Leutnant Rudolf Emil Fuchs EK1, HHO
41 confirmed kills

The two SPADs from yesterday and the silver Strutter from the day before have all been confirmed. Rudi was also promoted to Leutnant. Tybelsky had him in a bear hug for three full minutes. That is until Fuchs announced the scene was getting uncomfortable.
Yesterday’s ground forces support mission was such a success that they’ve been ordered to do it again. This time between Soissons and Fismes.
As they were approaching the front lines Rudi noticed the enemy formation in the distance. He had sun behind his back and it looked like the Franzosen haven’t noticed his Kette yet. He stalked them for a good distance while climbing north, deeper into friendly territory. When the time was ripe and the enemy finally spotted his Schwarm, it was too late. The Fokkers had the height advantage and dictated the terms. The terms were simple: death to all. Fuchs was the first to fly through the formation of SPADs, scattering it in all directions, the rest of his flight mates were right behind, pouncing on the unfortunate enemy unit. Rudi concentrated his firepower on the machine in front. The poor aviateur could do nothing to save his skin. He went down somewhere near Laon. Another SPAD was near and he didn’t fare much better. After the last volley he saw a black puff of smoke come out of the Hispano-Suiza. The engine was dead. The push rods weren’t pushing. There was no more spark in the plugs and the cylinders weren’t cylindrical anymore.

YouTube Link

Fuchs pressed on further south. He knew any stragglers would be heading home this way and he intended to stop them. There was one right there in front. Rudi knew the SPAD was in trouble. His Dreidecker was catching it too quickly - it was not normal. As he approached the biplane, he noticed the propeller wasn’t turning. It didn’t matter. Fuchs aimed and fired. Direct hit. He went around for another pass. He aimed and sent a long burst into the carcass of the soon to be dead aeroplane. The SPAD went into a corkscrew dive and never recovered. It was time to return to base.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4559108 - 03/08/21 07:40 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Carrick, Ackart and I will come to a sticky end, no doubt, but I hope Johnson does not become a “shooting star!” Bad way to go.

Lou, I would stick to that story. I think Freddy was daydreaming of a past love interest, or maybe Eva Green or Eva Gardner, no matter. With his mind preoccupied, he didn’t notice his “Royal Scepter” pushing the stick forward until it was too late. bananadance Dont ask me how that thought crossed my mind. Let’s just say you would not want to be in my head sometimes!

March 8, 1918
Sergeants Johnson and Ackart returned from leave late. “That sure was a good time mate!” Ackart said. “You should have seen her! A pair of proper Zeppelins they were!” Johnson laughed and Ackart continued, “Next leave, let’s go back, what do you say?” Johnson shook his head. “I ain’t even thinking of the next leave! Hell, we might not live to see the next leave.” Ackart scoffed, “speak for yourself mate! I will be there!” Johnson did not answer. His thoughts were still thinking of one fine time.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
#4559112 - 03/08/21 07:52 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, from the looks of it, both pilots came back with sticky ends. behindcouch
So, where is the picture of that pair of Zeppelins, that we usually come to expect from Carrick?

#4559143 - 03/09/21 02:53 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
epower Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp
epower  Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp

I believe I may be of service.

Attached Files Schwing.jpg
#4559165 - 03/09/21 12:55 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

SCHWING! WOFF's World, WOFF's World, party time, excellent! WOOoooWOOoooWOOoooWOOooo!

#4559170 - 03/09/21 02:07 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Party on, Garth er, ePower!! band

Lou, I'd totally Christy that Teigan, fo' sure! wink

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4559176 - 03/09/21 03:00 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

chyeah, way

#4559178 - 03/09/21 03:20 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
AceMedic88 Offline
AceMedic88  Offline

Niagara Falls, NY
A Fokker says what?

I got fired as the door man at a sperm bank.
Apparently it's in poor taste to tell leaving customers "Thanks for coming."

Former U.S. Army Medic - SGT.
#4559183 - 03/09/21 03:42 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

[Linked Image]

#4559213 - 03/09/21 06:48 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Shredward Offline
Shredward  Offline

Lake Louise, AB Canada
I can't believe the thread is veering off this way !!!
It's so sophomoric, it's so silly
Oh, excuse me, it's so Barmy OFF
BWOC BWOC BWOC!!!!
bananadance

We will remember them.
#4559219 - 03/09/21 07:57 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Since I seem to be the guilty party in derailment of the thread and apologies to Shredward, let’s see if I can get back on track.

2nd Ltn. Jeremiah Johnson.
41 RFC
March 9, 1918

It was a beautiful day for flying. Not a cloud in the sky. The only setback to the day was the mission. Athies Junction. Railyard strikes were always dangerous work. Johnson felt better than usual as he had been informed he was a proper gentleman now having been promoted.

As the flight waited their turn to takeoff, Ackart, next to Johnson gave a wave. Johnson could see the broad smile behind the wool face covering on Ackart’s face. He waved back and gunned the SE to full throttle.

They flight had no contact on the way to Athies and Johnson dropped his bombs when the flight leader did. After a few seconds he turned and dove with the rest of his flight. He could see a few direct hits on the Railyard and concentrated his fire on a large pile of crates near the track. As he pulled up he saw them catch fire. Bullets hit his machine and he instantly began dodging left and right as he climbed. Archie had come alive and the fire was tremendous. Black puffs came very close to his machine. It would not do to stay on a straight path for any length of time. He made another pass and his machine was hit with more ground fire. As he pulled up and turned he looked back to see Ackarts machine making a pass. He watched as he started firing but could not believe his eyes when he saw the low flying SE go straight into the ground! There was nothing left but a trail of fire and smoke. Johnson shook his head. “I guess there won’t be a next time my friend “ he thought to himself.

Once back at the aerodrome, Johnson made out his report, including his observation of Ackarts death. “I reckon it’s time for a drink about now” he said to know one in particular.

#4559227 - 03/09/21 08:18 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Raf Lou and Fullofit: Zeppelins ?

Attached Files bullet-bra-vintage-fashion-11Zepplins.jpg
#4559237 - 03/09/21 10:15 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

J.K. Thorpe
2 Lt. Rfc. M.C. MM.
41 Sqn
Lealvillers, Flanders.
4 Victory
6 Unconfirmed

9 Mar 1918.

C Flight was a Diversionary for the Jct attack. I led with 5 a/c and flew behind the lines Trolling for Huns. All too soon, we had an entire Jasta above us ( Jasta 5 ? ) down the e/a swooped the heavy Spandua's braking . Our formation shattered a SE Flamed and went down then a Hun broken fell. I got off a few at a passerby then shot up by several and chased back to the lines by another. Power dives, loops, and chandells, still he chased as my fabric ripped by 8mm's from his guns. I barely controlled my kite as we went low over allied AF's . At last Archie boomed and the E/a turned for home
I managed a bad landing and counted 18 bullet holes and a aileron just connecting to my left wing.. C Flight got 1 V strut for 1 SE Des pilot KIA everyone had Lt Damage.

Attached Files CFS3 2021-03-09 13-29-13-01.jpgCFS3 2021-03-09 13-29-35-97.jpgCFS3 2021-03-09 13-30-23-61.jpgCFS3 2021-03-09 13-32-54-19.jpg
Last edited by carrick58; 03/09/21 10:17 PM.
#4559238 - 03/09/21 10:18 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, I always say: easy come, easy go and Ackart was a perfect example. Too keen. Too keen in bed just as he was too keen in the cockpit.

Carrick, I knew I could count on you. In this case I count to two. One Zeppelin, two Zeppelins. Lethal!

9 March, 1918 09:45
Toulis, Marne Sector
Jasta 19, JG II
Leutnant Rudolf Emil Fuchs EK1, HHO
42 confirmed kills

Only one out of the three SPADs could be confirmed.
It was a rerun of the support mission from yesterday. Apparently clearing the SPADs wasn’t enough. The Schwarm reached the front and competed their patrol, but have not encountered a single enemy plane. Apparently this result was unsatisfactory to the brass hats. Go figure. The mission will be repeated tomorrow once more.

Page 261 of 366 1 2 259 260 261 262 263 365 366

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics