DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Wow, that makes me head spin.

Couple of observations.....

75 hardness, that's nice. Autoloaders, much nicer. TTD of ten seconds. 3-second boost interval, gonna need it!

There is so much going on with a ship like this I'm glad I stick to the little ones haha. The amount of mats tied up in that thing could build out three Kraits I reckon. But there is also a lot to be said for commanding ships that you connect with. So I support the T-10 Initiative smile

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4558282 - 03/02/21 01:35 AM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Amazingly, that cobbled together T10 did better against the pirates than the Vette.

Cobbled is perhaps hyperbole. I did spec and engineer it out, just kinda threw it together. I will take a deeper look at it.

Last edited by Bohemond; 03/02/21 01:40 AM.
#4558291 - 03/02/21 05:29 AM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Not my roll, the T-10, but Coriolis heaven haha. So many stuffs to mount, install and engineer. What, nine weapons with four large? Look at all those utilities. I also have not rolled with a fighter, but if this were my ship, that would be a certainty. Those shields alone weight 320t, more than my DBX smile

I look forward to flying off your wing in that thing.

Logged on tonight for a bit. Didn't know which way to go, so defaulted to bounty hunting. And if I was going to do that, might as well make it for the CG. And if I was going near Sirius, might as well stop by Angband. So I unloaded the limpets and loaded up with Tritium and dropped by on the way to Luyten Star. Just another 16t, but that brought the fuel gauge to 70%. Picked up some of Bo's special limpets and went and knocked down 6m in bounties for the CG. Mostly getting crap spawns everywhere while this CG is going on. The best stuff is in Sirius. I hit the CNB there a couple days ago, but it's really tight to the star. I was idling 20% over. Hot ships could have trouble there.

So that's 30m for the CG, which should comfortably cross the line on 50%. I liked this CG a lot, so many options for getting the bounties. More of these please.

#4558327 - 03/02/21 03:42 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
I slipped down to 50% frown Didn't get on at all last night,. Have to make up for lost time and can hopefully finish in top 25. 10% might be a stretch....

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#4558359 - 03/02/21 06:51 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: Chucky]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Chucky
I'm just starting to put more time into this after a looong break BUT who thought it was a good idea to have to manually load and unload goods for a mission? This is the second time I've left without the goods banghead

Don't be too hard on yourself. This is a very common rookie mistake and it happened to me at least on 2 separate occasions when I was learning how to play ED.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4558361 - 03/02/21 06:57 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Chucky
I'm just starting to put more time into this after a looong break BUT who thought it was a good idea to have to manually load and unload goods for a mission? This is the second time I've left without the goods banghead

Don't be too hard on yourself. This is a very common rookie mistake and it happened to me at least on 2 separate occasions when I was learning how to play ED.

Lol I deleted the post because I thought it was trivial but at least you make me feel better about it.

To be honest,I've been away so long I feel like a noob again,so much has changed.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4558363 - 03/02/21 06:59 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I bought a krait MK II expecting grand things, only to have my top of the line A everything stripped in seconds by an AI python. I guess AI uses engineers, too.

Without shield engineering, it only has a crappy 450 rating with shield boosters, which is pitiful.

#4558368 - 03/02/21 07:47 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: Chucky]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Chucky, yes it needs to be manually loaded, but it goes fast if you hold the mouse down. And then confirm it by hitting space. It may seem to be a pain, but it does allow commanders to break up larger loads over multiple runs, so I think it's not a bad change really.

I just logged out after another mining run to the same system as last time. Got 114t of Musgravite, Benitoite and Monazite. Sold the first two for 800k+ per ton for 70m. Still have 30t of Monazite on board to go somewhere else for a better sell. Had to fly 200 light years to the best sell I could find, but the ship is designed for it smile

#4558370 - 03/02/21 08:08 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted by DBond
Chucky, yes it needs to be manually loaded, but it goes fast if you hold the mouse down. And then confirm it by hitting space. It may seem to be a pain, but it does allow commanders to break up larger loads over multiple runs, so I think it's not a bad change really.

Ah,I never thought about that.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4558424 - 03/03/21 01:23 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Right, I reckon it can allow a solo commander to do wing missions, or a player to take a 196t boom-time delivery in an Adder or whatever. This change caught us all out I would imagine, I know I flew my first one after the change without any cargo on board smile

Logged on a couple times yesterday. Did the mining trip as mentioned, in all 114t sold for 94m, and I'll take it. That's an average sell of about 830k. Half what it was in the rush days, but still a good rate. I used two sell stations to sell the three minerals.

Sold the DBS. No role at the mo. Bought it for scout hunting, but never used it for that. Back down to tens ships in the fleet.

Ran a couple passenger missions, and one boom-time delivery to see if the goods count toward the Trader badge on Inara. They do not.

With the 150m I made mining over the past two days I looked at my credits, 370m in the five weeks since I came back. Compared it to my Inara friends, several of whom have made more than half a billion in the same time. Rich bastages!

#4558478 - 03/03/21 07:54 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
By the way, I just happened to step in to a tech trader yesterday. I suggest everyone do the same biggrin

I'll be back later with the results, after I log back onto Elite.

Get those Datamined Wake Exceptions!

#4558594 - 03/04/21 03:21 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
OK, to follow up on that last, cryptic post....

Well, check this thread

Madder Hops

Having bought one with mats on board, I needed more to buy any others. I was just about out of both Datamined Wake Exceptions and Electromechanical Arrays. So this set my course for the evening. I was determined to stock up on this FSD while the price is discounted, which, since I really don't know much, could be forever.

I knew of several ways to get DWEs, but the simplest is wake scanning. So I took Smokeless outside of Barnwell and zipped around at high speed scanning them. But that only got two (x3) so I needed to pick up the pace. Docked the iEagle, swapped to my legit 70-jump DBX! and flew to the Jameson Cobra where I farmed encoded until I had filled the G5 one. Then flew to a trader and got enough DWEs to buy two more. On the way back I stopped at another trader and got the Arrays I needed. Tellurium is needed, but was one of the raws I got at the bio sites a couple weeks back.

Bought two more of these whizbang drives and put one in the Orca and the other will go in my combat Krait later today. As I said in that linked thread I have ten ships, six of which can benefit from a superdrive. Good stuff thumbsup

#4558620 - 03/04/21 05:40 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I flew out to the crystal shards to accumulate materials last night and got stuck on a geyser when trying to jump to catch a chunk and had to self destruct my SRV. frown

Good thing there was a fleet carrier nearby selling them!

#4558622 - 03/04/21 05:49 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Sorry to hear that. Two things...

You have lat/vert thrusters set on the SRV? Usually you can just fly it off. But it is also possible to become hopelessly stuck, which leads to....

Log out and log back in in non-Horizons mode if this happens again. This will place you and your SRV back in your ship in orbit, since planetary landings require Horizons.

#4558627 - 03/04/21 06:21 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Interesting, DBond.

Does this also mean now if I self destruct my ship, I'll respawn on the fleet carrier?

That 1500 ly journey was a doozy.

#4558629 - 03/04/21 06:24 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
As far as I know it is always the last place you docked, and if that was a FC, yes you will respawn there. As far as I know....

And then there is always the chance the FC had moved, so I wouldn't want to leave it such chance if I could avoid it. Now if it is YOUR carrier, you have a bit more control. But theoretically, you could dock on a FC in Sol, get blown up two days later, and respawn in Colonia. As far as I know smile

#4558769 - 03/05/21 07:02 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Logged on last night with a purpose, a definitive goal. I gave in to the grind, and it was glorious. OK, well, maybe not, but it was very productive. I decided yesterday that I would get myself a freighter. And not just any old garbage scow, but the pinnacle of the class, the Imperial Cutter. But it is rank-locked of course. You gots to be Duke, and not a lowly Count, as I was. So the goal became to find a way to gain those three ranks, as fast and as painlessly as possible.

So I took Parabellum, my rumble bus Krait with newly-minted SuperDrives™, 200 light years deeper in to Empire space, to a few outposts in the middle of nowhere. The number of courier and sensitive data missions on the boards is insane. I set up triangle trade between three close stations. Stacked some missions and promptly got interdicted by a deadly FDL on the first one. Submit and scoot and I was on the way. As I stopped at each station I saw that there are zero passenger missions going to the places the courier missions are for. So having the bus was pointless. After the run-in with the FDL I decided to do this in a better combat ship. But outposts have no shipyard, and no transfer. So I flew 120 light years to the closest orbital, whistled for Poison Whiskey, and then walked the dog for most of the 30 minutes to would take to arrive (1.1m transfer, spaceway robbery I tell ya!)

Once it did I resumed the triangle, stacking a hell of a lot of missions, often 20 at a time. I found this is Elite's mission limit haha. I took any on the board for either of the other two stations, and this way just kept docking and launching, for several hours. These missions are all either Rep+ or Rep++ so not much help, but when you are turning them in at a such a rate the superpower rank climbs quickly. Before long I was Earl, and by the end of the session (1 AM!) I docked for the night at 14% Marquis. So just 86% more of Marquis to hit Duke and unlock the Imperial Cutter. That won't take but an hour or two.

I'm staunchly anti-grind, but here I found it necessary with such a goal, and anyway, spending three or four hours total doing the same thing is more like micro-grind in the grand scheme, isn't it? And because progress was so quick and immediately obvious, it spurred me on. If I hadn't needed to work today I would have kept right on going.

It's funny, but after the FDL and changing ships I got interdicted just one more time, in dozens of runs. That was a Deadly Conda who was kind enough to drop a PI! I also started hitting some HGEs, but it's all Imperial Shielding, and I didn't have the foresight to clear out that bin at the trader a couple days back. Anyway, if all goes to plan, I'll be flying a tricked out Cutter back from the Imperial dealer in Shinrarta tonight!

One other thing.... I am beginning to resent carriers. Nothing against the ship, but I am starting to be fed up with what they do to system maps and especially the navigation panel. A hundred carriers to sort through just to find the HGE I am trying to target. I tried filtering them out, but if it is possible I didn't see how. Gotta be a way. If I could get rid of all of them aside from Angband that would be swell. By the way Bo, I stopped by during the last CG and dropped a small load of tritium. Is there a way I can see from a different system how full your fuel tank is?

#4558775 - 03/05/21 07:33 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Don’t think so, D. It was at %60 last nite when I logged off. I try to get it with room to spare for y’all just in case yep

Regarding the Nav panel filter, try filtering everything out then go back and check all the boxes except carriers. Ram had the same issue last nite and that cured it.

#4558785 - 03/05/21 07:56 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
If that works I owe you and Rec a beer or two. Another thing I was wondering is, can I bookmark your carrier and the bookmark follows it when you move?

#4558787 - 03/05/21 07:58 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Originally Posted by DBond
If that works I owe you and Rec a beer or two. Another thing I was wondering is, can I bookmark your carrier and the bookmark follows it when you move?

Yes the bookmark will follow the carrier around.

And filtering the Nav panel will remove carriers and whatever else. Once I accidentally filtered out SYSTEMS and I was wondering why I couldn't High Wake anywhere.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

Page 31 of 55 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 54 55

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.