Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4558072 - 02/28/21 04:28 PM Recommended mods?  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

So, I bought WOFF UE a decent while ago, but I haven't been flying all that much. However recently I finally started playing around with it, and even bought PE. Gotta say, the game is fantastic. It actually feels alive, seeing other flights flying around, engaging each other, doing their own thing while you do yours is something you rarely feel in most flight sims, the AI is great, the kill claim system is funky and as random as this is, the AAA feels surprisingly far more terrifying than in any other flight sims, not sure why.

I noticed however that there are mods, and that some people mention playing with them, hence why I'm asking if there's anything that can be recommended/considered essential these days, or something?

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
I bet you do, too, Buddy."
#4558075 - 02/28/21 05:07 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Welcome to WOFF, NotRelevant!

First, you will need JGSME, for mod management. I don't have a link, but you should easily be able to find it.

Second, I highly recommend JJJ65's mission editor program as well as his WOFF multimod and his WOFF Pilot Log Editor.

Third, there are literally dozens, if not hundreds of mods out there. A few more I recommend are: the consolidated airfields mod (if you have a beefy enough computer), VonS's FM mod and his graphics tweak mod, Nibbio and OvS inflight map mod, and BB's WOFF UE PE Optional cloud mod 3.00, just to name a few.

Finally, you can find almost every single mod for WOFF UE and PE at Sandbagger's site, www.thatoneplease.co/WOFF.html

Good luck, and be sure to ask if you have any questions -- as soon as you buy the next round of drinks!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4558080 - 02/28/21 05:23 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

NotRelevent, welcome to the forums and the WOFF virtual skies, glad to have you with us. BB, in his usual modest way, while listing his cloud mod has neglected to mention his outstanding historical weather mod, both of which I highly recommend. He has however mentioned one of the more important items, if indeed not the most important one - new lads buy the drinks! cheers

Cheers NR, and watch your six.

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4558082 - 02/28/21 05:33 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
NotRelevant;

I recommend you get the JSGME mod utility from the following link because it has been modified to specifically work with WOFF:

Click to get JSGME Utility

Most of the WOFF related mods cam be obtained from this WEB Page:

Link to WOFF Mods

Hope that helps

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4558107 - 02/28/21 07:33 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Welcome to WOFF, can only repeat the good info. posted already above. Definitely check out BB's excellent cloud mod and historical weather patch, also RJW and Lou's historical facilities/airfields (consolidated) mods, as well as JJJ's MultiMod, Mission Editor, Pilot Log Editor, also JJJ's historically populated airfields mod (that places historically relevant static aircraft on airfields, as per year of war), etc. Also you might want to look at Nibbio's in-flight map mod, Olham's rivers patch, and 4L0M's higher-MB cloud patches (most of the mods I've listed are available at Sandbagger's mods website that RJW has linked to above).

In terms of my FM mods pack, I recommend the following two posts since they do not require an account at CombatAce:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-tweaks-for-woffuepe/?tab=comments#comment-768452

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-tweaks-for-woffuepe/?tab=comments#comment-775483

For my "WOFF GPU Tuner" patch that increases FPS, see the relevant link in my signature file, below, as well as this handy link that gives simpler installation instructions (https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4546530/re-gpu-tuner-patch#Post4546530).

I will eventually move all of my WOFF/WOTR mods. to a single, convenient, open-access post on CombatAce, since I currently have the Tuner Patch in DropBox.

For other compatibility-related issues and mods lists, here is a good post by Becker (https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4509912/release-of-mods-where).

Happy flying,
Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4558117 - 02/28/21 09:03 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Thanks to everyone for the quick and helpful replies, hah. Quite familiar with JGSME so glad to hear that this is how mods work here. Of course, drinks are on the new guy, for everyone's enjoyment! So uhh, enjoy. bottles

I've held back on the FM mod install since (maybe my stupidity) but I still don't get what it does. Does it adjust the existing aircraft FMs for these select planes, or does it add new variants, or what? Apologies for my stupidty, hah.

I've got this so far in terms of my current modlist, how does this look? Modlist

Attached Files Modpack.png
Last edited by NotRelevant; 02/28/21 09:05 PM.

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
#4558128 - 02/28/21 10:51 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

If you've PE then theres a version of the Bombsight mod for that mate,also i've the 1.4 vers of Aris, victory information mod heres mine .. Theres also JJJ,s apps (Multimod, Mission editor) and dont forget the official free skinpack download on the main product page

i often toy with VON'S WOFF tuner aswell but has ive recently reinstalled on my Win 10 boot i haven't put them in yet, News mod is in the sim already edit: ahh VON,S has mentioned it

Link to Jara,s mods
Originally Posted by JJJ65
Alternate source to download my mods is here .

Also a link to the PE BOMBSIGHT MOD....
Originally Posted by JJJ65
WOFF PE Mk1 Bombsights All-in-one mod v1.0 released, download available here .
Note: this mod must be installed as the last mod, over any previous enabled mods (especially over VonS's FM mods).
Enjoy!

NOTE: Caudron G4 intentionally omitted to keep nice bottom window view.

The way SimHQ works mate is that it only shows you the last 3 months of posts by default so..on Any thread eg Mods..go to bottom left corner and change 3 months to all threads, then youll get to see all the mods and sometimes this way there more upto date (Jaras applets) and there's other mods on show that do not appear on the Mods page hosted by Sandbagger cheers

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Adger; 02/28/21 11:12 PM.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4558129 - 02/28/21 10:53 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

The FM package modifies the FMs of already-available aircraft in several cases, while in others it creates "sub-variants" of aircraft FMs currently not available in WOFF (such as for early and later Morane Parasol types, the early 150 hp SPAD 7, also early Dr.1 variants and the rare, 150 hp Dr.1 that may have been flown by Josef Jacobs in the summer of '18 - rumor has it that he flew one, or two, engined-up Dr.1s, etc. - lots more info. in the "Read Me" for the FM packs). Here's also another link that lists changes applied in the FM tweaks, in more detail (https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4532389/re-ver-6-0-special-edition-fm-pack#Post4532389).

Your installed mods list looks fine except for two files. The "News Mod" has been incorporated into WOFF and does not need to be installed via JSGME separately. The other file I don't recommend installing via JSGME is "UE Effects mod ver 1_10" by 4L0M since it is only compatible with the UE ed. of WOFF, but not with the PE ed.

Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4558141 - 03/01/21 02:33 AM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Sounds fair! Removed the UE effects mod since it's not compatible and the news mod since it's obsolete. Also replaced the bombsight mod with the PE version. Can't find Aris 1.4, only 1.3 but that's alright. Read somewhere that realistically populated airfields isn't compatible with PE/Custom facilities?

Last edited by NotRelevant; 03/01/21 02:35 AM.

#4558144 - 03/01/21 03:18 AM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

I also have ver. 1.3 of ArisFuser's mod (I'm not aware of where a ver. 1.4 is located). You are correct that JJJ's realistically-populated-airfields mod is not compatible with the latest ver. of RJW/Lou's consolidated-custom-facilities mod. If you wish to run JJJ's mod with those consolidated mods, I recommend checking either Sandbagger's website or perhaps contacting RJW to see if you can download the previous version of the consolidated mods. I have the previous ver. of the consolidated mods loaded so that I can enjoy JJJ's historically placed aircraft tweaks. For your convenience, and for others who have mod questions, below is included a list of mods I currently have loaded in WOFF PE. For the Xjouve "lite water" tweak - follow directions at this post (https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads....casual-campaigns-woff-thread#Post4524783). Locations of Xjouve's mods, including his water patch, are listed in that long post by Becker and that I linked above in one of my previous posts.

Happy flying,
Von S smile2

-----
01_VonS_MaxFPSnGraphicsGPUtuner_ver1.1.1
02_VonS_4RingDimPatchForGPUtuner_ver1.2
04_VonS_CrisperTextureBudgetsForGPUtuner_ver1.4
WOFF Rivers Mod by Olham
WOFF UE Cloud Mod 1MB Size by 4L0M
Gecko Better Water Textures
Historical_Victory_Information_1.3_by_Aris
WOFF UE PE OCM 3.0.0 - Full Weather Option
WOFF UE PE OCM 3.0.0 - No Thunder Option
Nibbio_OvS Inflight Map Mod_2018
WOFF PE 0 UE - Facilities Models by Panama Red
WOFF PE 1 UE - 1914+ Custom Facilities - Full Trees Populated by Panama Red
WOFF PE 2 - Consolidated Periods and CampaignData Mod by RJW
WOFF PE 3a UE - Consolidated Custom Facilities Havrincourt Wood Mod
WOFF PE 3b UE - Consolidated Custom Facilities Verdun Forts Mod
WOFF PE 4a UE - Consolidated Custom Airfields Mod
WOFF PE Phalempin Aerodrome Mod by RJW
WOFF PE Realistically Populated Airfileds 1.1 by JJJ65
WOFF UE Medals mod for PilotLogEditor java applet by JJJ65
Morane Type L Early 80hp VonS - load only one
Pfalz A.I 80hp VonS
Pfalz E.III 95hp VonS
Bristol Scout C 80hp VonS
Nieuport 10 80hp VonS
Fokker E.IIa 105hp Tuned Up VonS
Nieuport 11 80hp VonS
Nieuport 16 110hp VonS
Nieuport 17 Vickers Tuned VonS
Nieuport 17bis Tuned VonS
Nieuport 23 Vickers Tuned VonS
Nieuport 24 Vickers Tuned VonS
Nieuport 24bis Vickers Tuned VonS
Nieuport 27 Vickers Tuned VonS
Nieuport 28 165hp Tuned Up VonS
Fokker D.VII Early 180hp VonS
Fokker D.VII OAW 205hp VonS
Fokker D.VIIF BMW 230hp VonS
Camel Bentley 153hp VonS
Camel Clerget 130hp VonS - load only one
Albatros D.I Field Mod 170hp VonS
Albatros D.V 170hp Tuned VonS
Albatros D.V 180hp Tuned VonS
Albatros D.Va 200hp VonS
Tripehound Late 135hp Tuned Up VonS
Tripehound 2Gun LongStroke Clerget 142hp VonS
Spad 7 150hp VonS - load only one
SPAD 13 200hp VonS - load only one
Pfalz D.III 170hp VonS - load only one
Xjouve Maximum Mesh ver. 2.01
Xjouve Total Water Lite v. 1.1
Fokker Dr.1 Early VonS - load only one
-----

#4558146 - 03/01/21 03:34 AM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by ArisFuser
Already added slight updates and added French and German aces included by OBD. Easy.

Aris WOFF PE Historical_Victory_Information_1.4

Link above guys for Aris's 1.4 , thanks for your mod collection VonS, i also wasn.t aware of JJJ,s incompatability regarding the realistic airfield mod

We will remember them.
#4558150 - 03/01/21 04:03 AM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Thanks Adger for that link, much appreciated. smile2

#4558187 - 03/01/21 01:30 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: VonS]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by VonS
Thanks Adger for that link, much appreciated. smile2

No worries mate, cheers again for your list I’m going try a few out cheers

We will remember them.
#4558197 - 03/01/21 02:34 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
I know I have advocated this in the past, for modders to consider hosting their mods on Sandbaggers web site.

The obvious reason is so that all the mods are in one place.

As you can see from this thread, it is difficult for new users to find all these wonderful mods when they are scattwred over many locations.

Just my thoughts.

Best Regards

(System_Specs)

#4558199 - 03/01/21 02:49 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

I agree with you Robert, I can understand VonS as his are at the bottom of his posts and therefore easy to find, but yep some of the others can be a mare to find. ..quick one if I may, I didn’t realise that Jaras realistic airfield mod was incompatible with the brilliant consolidated mod, any way around this or would Jara have to hopefully sort it (haven’t seen too much of him lately) cheers pal.

We will remember them.
#4558214 - 03/01/21 04:49 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Hi Adger

Yes Jara will have to sort it out, but as RAF_Louvert has identified, the release of BH&H will mean the consolidated mod and Jara's mod will have to be re-worked again so I suggest you wait it out.

Best Regards

(System_Specs)

#4558228 - 03/01/21 05:56 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thanks Robert, yep your quite right il wait it out, and I’m really hoping all you guys can carry on making your fantastic mods with the upcoming BHAH II release. Cheers and best regards to you.

We will remember them.
#4558230 - 03/01/21 07:02 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

"@Adger,

… but yep some of the others can be a mare to find. ..quick one if I may …"

Please look here: Wings: Over Flanders Fields - Mods  Release of mods: Where?
https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4509912/release-of-mods-where#Post4509912

You can find it also in the mod-forum, if you change "Show From Previous" to "1 Year".

A lot of mods and their sources you can find there, as @VonS has mentioned it above (Thanks!).

I will update the mod-list after release from BH&HII!

Greetings!

Last edited by Becker01; 03/01/21 07:16 PM.
#4558246 - 03/01/21 08:21 PM Re: Recommended mods? [Re: NotRelevant]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Cheers Becker I missed that. Yep I did mention in a previous post about the “date” settings. Thank you for the link Much appreciated thumbsup

We will remember them.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse