Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#34699 - 02/02/03 11:49 PM Re: SAR 4 Final Verdict?  
Jack57 Offline
Jack57  Offline

Victoria, Australia
As Zero G says, use the Tab menu tree for unloading cargo.
When I am in Hover-Augmentation (HA) mode if I put the collective fully down it will descend to 25ft, fully up it will go to about 75ft (it won't overtorque in HA mode). When in this mode the cyclic has like a really large dead zone (about 30% I think I saw somewhere). You can wobble it around quite a bit without effect but once you hit the edge of that dead zone it cuts in very quick. So you need to be very gentle, just squeezing in the pressure.
I was thinking the other day how it would be neat if you could open a small secondary window to use for the winch\crew view - then you could have someone hovering the machine while another worked the winch etc. It would add a real challenge to hover in place without HA - particularly in windy conditions.

Jack [Linked Image]

ps: Have you tried DXTweak2 from Wingman. It is very powerful and will allow you add\remove deadzones and change the scale of the inputs. It might be a way around your sensitive collective.

[This message has been edited by Aunty Jack (edited 02-02-2003).]

"The only thing a chopper pilot does downwind is take a leak." - Flying Instructor

Jack\'s Joint
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#34700 - 02/03/03 12:16 PM Re: SAR 4 Final Verdict?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys,

Never saw that one in the manual. I get more legitimate answers from here than from Globalstar/interactivision. I'm slowly starting to change my opinion of the game now. It still has it's bugs though. I would still rather have a HOV slew that could be operated from the "hat" on the joystick. A/P would be nice too, even if it's not needed. Anyway, time to go Save a life or two.
Maybe I can shake off this case of "Semper Paralysis" that IA has given me.

[This message has been edited by Bonesan (edited 02-03-2003).]

#34701 - 02/03/03 05:50 PM Re: SAR 4 Final Verdict?  
BBall Offline
BBall  Offline

Dresser, WI, USA
Hey guys,

Save for a few niggling things (most of which have been addressed here), this one is quite a lot of fun.

I have seen at times, that the "rescuer" can have a mind of his own. For instance, I dropped the diver next to the victims before telling him to "go to victim", and he swam off to oblivion (watched him for several minutes laughing my ass off). On the next try, I selected diver, then selected "go to victim" before he left the helo....worked like a charm.

My only real beefs are the apparant descrepancies between the manual and the sim (keystrokes mentioned above), and that funky "parking lot" you have to land in at one of the hospitals. One hospital has a helo pad (next to a ton of palm trees....not a good idea), but the other place, has no helo pad at all....just the parking lot with a frikking fountain in the middle of it! (LOL) It surely makes for some interesting landings (esp in the Sea King).

All in all though....truly a fun helo experience.

a couple of shots of the Sea King for Tango Sierra...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

take care all,

BBall

#34702 - 02/03/03 07:25 PM Re: SAR 4 Final Verdict?  
grover Offline
grover  Offline

New Zealand
Cheers BBall [Linked Image]

#34703 - 02/03/03 10:48 PM Re: SAR 4 Final Verdict?  
BBall Offline
BBall  Offline

Dresser, WI, USA
Hey grover!

How's it going?

Just wanted to say THANKS for the stick file....works great and haven't changed a thing.

take care,

BBall

#34704 - 02/04/03 06:03 PM Re: SAR 4 Final Verdict?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

So how many of you guys are doing direct deployments of the Rescue Swimmer? ie: dropping him from 15ft. Ain't it a challenge trying to hold the collective and maintain a hover in choppy seas while punching those key commands to let him go? I tried this the other day, didn't think it would work but it did. I got him at the door and selected the command to have him go to the victim then dropped down with a slight forward motion and he jumped out right at 15 ft. I loved it! Like I said before, definitely changing my opinion of this game.

#34705 - 02/05/03 02:28 AM Re: SAR 4 Final Verdict?  
BBall Offline
BBall  Offline

Dresser, WI, USA
Bonesan,

Actually, it's sometimes VERY hard to get it to a stable hover at 15' in choppy, windy conditions (btw, I use the spotlight to help with altitude ref while looking outside the cockpit...day or night).

In the older SAR series, if you dropped from higher than 15', you were penalized in score....I haven't seen that here. I've dropped him from 45' or so, and he seems to suffer no ill effects smile .

take care,

BBall

#4558239 - 03/01/21 07:44 PM Re: SAR 4 Final Verdict? [Re: Anonymous]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Broken game.

Finally using WhiteKnight to combine HOTAS and pedals.

Collective axis just seems to be Off, 50%, and 100%.

No autopilot.
No AFCS toggle.
No trimmer button on "O'... though I'd use PPJoy+GlovePIE script to auto-trim, anyway
No VRS
No overspeed.
No low rpm overpitch stall.
No translational lift that I can tell.

Seems like a big chunk of what's in the manual is not in the sim. Like it was written for a completely different flight sim.

Not sure what the hell these folks are talking about:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/864-alternative-helo-sims/

Is Vietnam MedEvac better?

Last edited by Reticuli; 03/01/21 08:43 PM.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.