Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 55 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 54 55
#4557876 - 02/26/21 05:36 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
No joke indeed. I solo-ed a Threat 5 and got my shields knocked down to %51. Ram joined on the next one. Foolishly I had cargo onboard from the first USS. Within 5 minutes I was running with no shields and hull at %50. Never should have gone back in to that Threat 5 with my shields so low. Once Wingy made a troika, it was my Vette, Ram’s Annie, and Wing’s Krait. We were dropping pirate Anacondas like empty crack vials in Baltimore. Healing beams for the win!!!

#4557877 - 02/26/21 05:55 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Wow, that must have been close Bo. If your Vette hasn't changed from the last build I saw, you don't have much meat on the bones. Under 1000 integrity if I recall. Which in other circumstances is fine because you have such a deep mj pool. But half of that hull might have meant you were down to the last 500 before getting out. Maybe you've revisited this?

Either way, close call eh? What's the rebuy on that, 35 million? smile

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4557878 - 02/26/21 06:02 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Just headed over there to get a head start. Dropped into a Threat 5 and you were right. Killed an Anaconda, Fer de Lance and Challenger for about 2 million credits, but they were all TOUGH fights and i lost 50% of the shields in the Vette by the time it was over. I added a Grade 5 Guardian Shield Reinforcement to the Grade 4 already on there too! Unfortunately those two GSR's added a LOT of Heat, but so far manageable if annoying (I don't have Thermal Vent on my Beams). I think the ANNIE alone paid a bounty of almost 800,000!

Didn't make it out of the 100% yet, but those Signals are definitely Target Rich Environments with BIG Deadly ships. Also, my fighter got destroyed about 3/4 of the way through the fight with the Deadly Anaconda.

Edit: I didn't fight all those ships SIMULTANEOUSLY... that would not have gone well.

Current Vette Config:

https://s.orbis.zone/cupt

Last edited by Recluse; 02/26/21 06:07 PM.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#4557880 - 02/26/21 06:09 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: Recluse]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
As she stands now, Goeben has just north of 7500 shields. The only change I’ve done recently is drop a SB for a KWS. But, I’ve been configured that way for a while now. Rebuy according to Coriolis is 33 million plus

#4557882 - 02/26/21 06:16 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Right, so integrity is around 1000 right? I could just go look in the Vette thread smile

But these sorts of details stick in my noggin.

And half of that is 500.

Yeah Rec, they pay well and should for the effort I reckon.

#4557908 - 02/26/21 08:00 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Not sure what my hull is. I Imported the build from Inara to Coriolis, but the numbers don’t seem right. I’ve no hull or module packages. May have to swap some Guardian SR’s out to bump my integrity a bit, especially since I’m encountering more n more foes with phasing sequence loadouts. The bleed thru adds up, next thing I know I’m down to %50 hull.

For some reason the build Inara shows is not correct even tho I’ve recently imported the game data.

Last edited by Bohemond; 02/26/21 08:05 PM.
#4557912 - 02/26/21 08:15 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: Bohemond]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

Originally Posted by Bohemond
Once Wingy made a troika, it was my Vette, Ram’s Annie, and Wing’s Krait. We were dropping pirate Anacondas like empty crack vials in Baltimore. Healing beams for the win!!!

biggrin cheers boing YEAH BUDDY!!! That's hilarious!!

#4557913 - 02/26/21 08:18 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: Bohemond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Bohemond

For some reason the build Inara shows is not correct even tho I’ve recently imported the game data.

How are you exporting it? If through Inara it currently leaves the engineering out for Coriolis builds (but not EDSY).

EDMC export works fine for me though.

Derp, you said Inara, and I even quoted it. Yeah, it's borked at the mo. Use EDMC

Last edited by DBond; 02/26/21 08:20 PM.

#4557916 - 02/26/21 08:58 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
At work, so using what’s on the phone sigh

Thanx for the heads up on Coriolis yep

#4557917 - 02/26/21 09:05 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
This was her, as of last April

Bo's Vette

If you know what changes you made you can use this as a base.

#4557977 - 02/27/21 01:27 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Logged on last night, had about an hour to play. I decided I would hit one of the RES in one of those Sirius controlled systems I listed earlier. I picked Ross 446, dropped, saw I hadn't been here before and scanned the system. No HGE and a few RES, closest I saw was 3,000ls from the star. Flew there, and since I was not on comms, told Ram to meet me there if he wanted, and he started heading over.

But I picked a crap instance. Dark, far from star, low-level spawn. Just wasn't a good one. I'm trying to shoot ships and maintain a chat conversation, and then Rec came on. Now I'm trying to chat with both of them and do combat and finally I said to Ram lets go to Sirius and the CNB or pirate threat there. I gave up on text chat, told the kids to behave or else, and put on the headset for voice comms. Much better. Bo had now come on, so I got a wing invite (drop current wing first!) and dropped in to the pirate threat 5. Rec had to run, so that left three of us and we were doing fine, racking them up, picking out the Annies, grabbing the booty.

I was getting near the end of my time, ready to head back and turn 'em in. But let's just kill this Conda first. I had been limpeting so not in great position, and as I carved through 180 I saw Ram giving an Annie the good news, so I engaged it too. We had shot her shields away and working on the hull when Bo said he was being attacked. He had multiple Annies engaging him. Be right there!

We finished off our target and I turned to pick Bo up. I saw his ship and a Conda shooting at him. I attacked immediately, but saw this one had full shields. Not Bo's target, but shooting at him, so maybe I could aggro him off. But the chatter told me things were critical, so I switched targets and began firing for all I was worth while ramming the sh!t out of Bo's target. But too late, and we lost a good ship. I felt really bad about it. I could have been more help, could have not been out of position running my limpets at the start, and I should have let Ram finish off the first one while I went to help Bo. When I fly with you guys I see my role as wingman. I am in a faster ship and can quickly shift and cover. But here events and decisions conspired to see me arrive too late to make a decisive difference. If it is any consolation I rammed that fooker until he exploded. These pirate threats are no joke, indeed.

Then I flew back to the megaship and turned them in, a good haul, but somberly since I had failed to save my wingmate. I know it's just a game, and Bo has plenty of money. But that's not the point at all.

#4558001 - 02/27/21 05:36 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
S’all good, D. Was totally my fault. The rebuy doesn’t bother me, it was losing the accumulated bounties I had. It WAS refreshing to know I could still be sent to the rebuy screen. First time in a while the Dangerous felt like it was back in Elite.

#4558004 - 02/27/21 06:23 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

Originally Posted by DBond
But too late, and we lost a good ship. I felt really bad about it.

Then I flew back to the megaship and turned them in, a good haul, but somberly since I had failed to save my wingmate. I know it's just a game, and Bo has plenty of money. But that's not the point at all.

Yep, that sucked in an otherwise good session!

I hooked up with Nephilim last night also. We did a few sessions, can't remember the total haul, but between us I think we a hauled in together around 30mil, he can correct me if I'm a bit of....BEERS..LOL

He almost lost his Conda, had his hatch blown out but he has something like 25 mins life support, think he was down to 40% on his ship, but he got back. I was ramming the ship that was attacking him and just about out of MC ammo, he was yelling shoot that Beech! LOL Sure glad he didn't lose his ship!

It was great to fly with Nep, only talked to him a short time when he told me he added me in the PG, so to get to fly with him was pretty cool, he's a laid back dude, just like the rest of you all. Really happy about this CG!!

#4558007 - 02/27/21 06:43 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks Bo, I think I'm more bent out of shape about it than you are smile

Been a long time since we all felt any respect for the NPCs!

Neph?! Sorry I missed it.

#4558060 - 02/28/21 02:31 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I logged on last night for an hour, late after the everything quieted down, and found no one on. Went and hit a Sirius-controlled RES and turned in 3m to sit well within the 50%. Gotta visit a mat trader to distribute some mats that have hit the limit. Hit 57% Deadly, and with the Helm and Codex panels disagreeing, I am nearly 58%. Long way to go, but closest I have been!

About 1,260 more to go!

Going to log in shortly to take care of some non-combat stuff. No comms so if anyone is on give me a shout, but it's a pain for everyone involved to type chat with me while on comms yourselves, so I'll just go about my affairs smile

#4558184 - 03/01/21 01:18 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Logged on yesterday a couple times. Having devoted the previous few days to combat, it was time to mix it up, and mix it up I did!

Swapped Kraits and ran several bulk-haul missions, you know the ones that say 45 businessmen need transport. If there were any cabins left empty I'd stack on a VIP mission, and on the return legs when available. Then flew to Farseer Inc to sharpen up a few modules. I don't even want to look at system maps any more, with all of the carriers. It's nuts! I also hit manufactured and encoded mat traders to trade up my full bins and make room for more.

Then I decided to do a little mining and switch Kraits again. Hadn't done this in a long time, so I used an app to find a likely uninhabited, pristine ring system close by, about 20 light years from Deciat. Dropped and probed, found a number of hotspots and alt-tabbed to Inara to see what they were selling for. The Musgravite looked good, there was one station nearby offering 1.1m per ton, with a demand of 1600 and the info was 9 minutes old. Twin Reverb is a core miner, and I didn't know if Musgravite was a core deposit. But I started waving and before long I found it was and started exploding asteroids. I mixed in Benitoite,and in all refined about 80t combined. Was nearly out of limpets so set course for the sell station, but by the time I got there these were paying closer to 700k and made about 60m in all. It was fun to spend time core mining.

Then I flew back to Barnwell and did another thing I have not done in a while. I took the iEagle out of the station, 820 boost with a wake scanner mounted. And then spent the next half hour zipping to and fro scanning wakes. Tons of encoded mats, but just one DWE. So much fun to fly, boosting past and carving arcs around the station.

Smokeless

Zoom Zoom

So I really mixed it up, passenger missions, engineering, mat traders, mining and wake scanning. Never too long on any one activity for it to burn me out.

#4558248 - 03/01/21 08:39 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
I did some non-combat gigs myself yesterday. Sold the minerals I had stored on Angband, sold the illegal and legal other commodities ( Guardian Urns and such ), and hit all 3 mat traders. Picked up around 50 mil or so. This week I’ll be revisiting the Vette and T10 loadouts. This CG has really highlighted some serious shortcomings in both builds as currently configured. It has also shown me that the T10 is not as bad in combat I thought. With a bit of attention, it could find a place in the rotation.

#4558250 - 03/01/21 08:57 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

Your T10 was great. I'm grinding to get to 200Mil in the CG, just about there!!

#4558253 - 03/01/21 09:16 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
You guys and your monster boats.

T-10 eh? I must admit this one intrigues me. I hate the T-9 with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. The T-10 suffers from such a close association, but it has some cool potential. I had noticed browsing Inara that Wingnuts recently bought two of them and sold them both within a day. If you rebuild these ships, please post about it, I'd like to learn more and bounce ideas off of you.

#4558263 - 03/01/21 09:59 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

You guys and your monster boats.

If you rebuild these ships, please post about it, I'd like to learn more and bounce ideas off of you.

LOL

Here's Bo's current T10 build, he posted it to me last night on TS. I'm gonna mock his build with mine, though I'll wait until he tweaks it. Of course, I won't have any Guardian stuff!

https://s.orbis.zone/cx-5

Last edited by RAM22; 03/02/21 02:28 AM.
Page 30 of 55 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 54 55

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.