Page 28 of 55 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 54 55
#4557121 - 02/21/21 08:36 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Yes it did accept the 3A Power Plant. My jump range in game closely matches Coriolis.. Right around 64 light years. If i drop the Guardian Shield Reinforcement I can get up a bit, but it isn't worth it.

https://s.orbis.zone/cpol

Attached Files 20210221153952_1.jpg20210221154013_1.jpg
Last edited by Recluse; 02/21/21 08:44 PM.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#4557131 - 02/21/21 10:29 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
Hum, perhaps I need to go back and strip the utilities and optional out and begin again. Thanks for responding

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
EVGA 760 4gb DDR5 2768 KR
CoolerMaster 922 Mesh 3x200mm, 2x140mm fans
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
WD Caviar BLK 500gb SATA 6gb
WD Caviar BLK 1TB SATA 6gb
Intel 730 Series 480GB SATA 6gb
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
Sennheiser 360 Headphones
#4557135 - 02/21/21 11:01 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by WingNuts01

BTW, Phantom still wins for consistent range / jumps

Speaking of which, I have been mocking mine up. I said I was thinking of making a deep space exploration vessel out of it. This is where she is at the mo. If this were yours, what would you put in the two free C3 optionals? What do recon limpets do? Which scientific type doodads am I missing. Someone told me you want a laser to tickle living stuff for science. Not sure what that entails really, but I could add a pulse laser if it is something I might do. I know it would jump further with lighter thrusters, but you guys know me by now and this is not negotiable lol. It's also engineered to run cool, so several choices reflect that. I left a little power overhead for whatever I end up putting in those empty optionals, but I can add or lower power once that's all finalized.

Phantom

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4557142 - 02/22/21 12:31 AM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Hmm... an Anaconda is within reach now.

Mining is minting credits.

I also found this guide pretty helpful:

https://www.edtutorials.com/mining/smokes-guide-to-core-mining/

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 02/22/21 12:32 AM.
#4557152 - 02/22/21 02:16 AM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Nice work if you can get it eh? Not like it was back when you started is it Blastman? Back in the VO rush I think I made a billion in three nights. The other day I was looking to take a mining trip, and had a look at the sell prices, and nothing looked particularly good at that time, maybe the best sell was 600k. What's hot right now?

You're core mining? I really enjoy that, and don't care for laser, so I have a Krait set up as a dedicated core miner, with weapons since I get tired of interdictions on the long flights to the best sell stations. May as well just submit and get it over with. I want to get back out there for another run, just gotta know what's paying the best at the mo.

Logged in today several times. Swapped shields and did some engineering at Didi's shop, and a couple boosters on a Krait, plus touching up some HRPs at Prospector's Rest with the Ruthenium I got at the market. Turned in last weeks CG. Spent most of the time mixing HGEs and bounty hunting. The HGEs I was getting today were crap, a lot with just three mats (x3) and a lot of proprietary composites, which aren't bad, but not what you are looking for in HGEs really. I also hit several Encoded Emissions which had no encoded inside. Had a target to hit 4,500 bounties and inched past that, and now 53% Deadly. Got tons of mats, but I can never find a #%&*$# PI. I kill plenty of Elite Condas, but they don't drop them for me anymore.

#4557157 - 02/22/21 03:29 AM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
DBond consider something like this one; https://s.orbis.zone/cp-j

I like the AMFU's, just don't power them until you need it. I forgot to add the Heat Sink launcher, but you have the power to run it anyway.

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
EVGA 760 4gb DDR5 2768 KR
CoolerMaster 922 Mesh 3x200mm, 2x140mm fans
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
WD Caviar BLK 500gb SATA 6gb
WD Caviar BLK 1TB SATA 6gb
Intel 730 Series 480GB SATA 6gb
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
Sennheiser 360 Headphones
#4557187 - 02/22/21 01:18 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
So you put a HRP and a MRP in those slots. I could see possibly adding another C1 HD HRP, but I think integrity is in a good place for it's intended role. I feel like I am missing whatever I need to give it good scientific street cred, but scrolling through the choices on Coriolis doesn't make it obvious if I am. I'll keep kicking it around, thanks for the build Wingnuts.

#4557191 - 02/22/21 01:33 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Here's my core mining Krait I mentioned earlier

Twin Reverb Krait II -- Core Mining Vessel

Top boost of 550+ and jump near 40 fully laden (128t). This is to submit and scoot if I feel the need, or to quickly shift areas in the ring if I think the fishing might be better over there. The jump makes flying to whichever sell station has the best offer a snap. As a dedicated core miner it only needs two hardpoints for the role, leaving the three large free for bangsticks to turn the tables on any NPC who wants my stuff. Point defense to ward off hatchbreakers. The power plant was a retread from a different ship and I should look to fine tune that for this ship. G3 overcharged isn't needed, but then again doesn't cause any problems either. All in due time I reckon.

#4557360 - 02/23/21 06:47 AM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by DBond
Nice work if you can get it eh? Not like it was back when you started is it Blastman? Back in the VO rush I think I made a billion in three nights. The other day I was looking to take a mining trip, and had a look at the sell prices, and nothing looked particularly good at that time, maybe the best sell was 600k. What's hot right now?

You're core mining? I really enjoy that, and don't care for laser, so I have a Krait set up as a dedicated core miner, with weapons since I get tired of interdictions on the long flights to the best sell stations. May as well just submit and get it over with. I want to get back out there for another run, just gotta know what's paying the best at the mo.

Eh, I'm getting 700 - 800k a ton.

I'm up to 236 mil now, from the 83 mil I was stuck at for five years. This is too easy. Once I know how this is done, I'm going to try some taxation in a new ride. smile

#4557386 - 02/23/21 12:46 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That's still a pretty good rate. It was 1.6m at the apex. I like the core mining in small doses. According to Inara I've mined just 1,354t in all the time I've played. So not all that much, just enough to get rich. A full load in Twin Reverb was paying out 205m at one point. I do want to do a little more soon though. Keep mixing it up.

What is getting that return?

#4557415 - 02/23/21 03:09 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Rhodplumsite
Monazite
Void Opals
etc.

Sometimes one hits a a mil, but I haven't nabbed one of those sales yet.

I could buy a Cutter right now if I had the rank. Hilarious. But I need a more formidable ship than the Clipper to tango with the big traders these days, well, perhaps... I'm still testing the waters. By selling all this rock I am taking note of what folks are flying.

I know, rotten, but, there's no rush greater in Elite than the thrill of the hunt.

#4557440 - 02/23/21 06:12 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Cool thanks. I hadn't even heard of the first two lol.

When I was checking sell prices on inara the other day when I wanted to do this, the best sell by far was on a carrier. Most stuff was max maybe 800k like you're saying. This one carrier was showing 1.7m for VOs with a demand of 16. With that low of a demand I wouldn't have done it anyway, but it felt like a trap. Could I dock to sell and be whisked away somewhere, if indeed the commander of that carrier were foul, devious and I dare say, nefarious? Could he be sitting in open, and when he detects a VO sale, jump where his equally foul friends await my arrival? This is how my mind works. One must always expect a trap lol.

I guess it could not work unless I were in open too. But still, never trust a carrier buying VOs for double the going rate is my plan. biggrin

#4557441 - 02/23/21 06:20 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I haven't tried selling on a carrier yet--not sure someone would be so desperate for lols they'd warp you to another system in their 5 billion credit ship. Maybe?

Don't sell product in something you can't escape easily in.

I only fly in Open. I like that rush one gets from the risk.

#4557443 - 02/23/21 06:30 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I've caught on to that smile

I hate losing ships more than I like fighting other commanders. I've done some PvP in CNBs in open. I wasn't there for it, but if something is shooting at you, you gotta shoot back, regardless of how hollow the square is. But engineering is what sours me to PvP. Not that I cannot build good ships for it -- my FDL holds it's own and I've yet to lose it -- it's that there are so many possible specialized attack effects, and no one ship can be prepared for them all. So it feels too much like a game of chance rather than skill. Just my take on it. Jousting sucks too. I've said before and I still feel this way, that if engineering were not a thing, I would fly in nothing but open. If the ships were simply their A-rated versions with all of inherent strengths and drawbacks, I would love it.

But I also like engineered ships haha. So the choice for me is PG/solo PvE. I just don't feel Elite is a particularly good PvP game. I understand the thrill you cite, and sometimes I'll take my Courier out in open just to have that threat about. It makes me feel hyper-aware, and when I am the mood for it it is fun. But I am not seeking PvP encounters, just operating with them being a possibility. The Courier isn't going to be caught by many, so that's what I like about it.

Post more about your PvP encounters Blastman. I like reading about that sort of stuff.

#4557466 - 02/23/21 10:01 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Just landed from my first HGE/bounty session with the new Crosswinds! Putting them together was straight forward, took about fifteen minutes. I know these are printed in Croatia in his garage probably, and the packaging reflects it. They arrived in perfect condition from the other side of the planet, no complaints there, but this had more packing tape than they showed in the video, that's for sure. It (or I) produced quite a mess. Hope I don't need to send them back in the original packaging lol. After getting it all unstuck I put them together, just a few allen bolts, and ready to go. They are exquisite really, and look fantastic. Really smooth, easily adjustable. They are wider than any I have used before, and so much better in terms of control and quality that there is no point in making comparisons. I expect it really for this sort of price point, but products don't always deliver. The Crosswinds do and it's the final piece to the puzzle unless JC somehow converts me to VR smile

I liked them so much I stayed in the RES until all my autoloader ammo was gone and I had bumped combat rank two more points! I still need to get used to them, make it just automatic, right now I am conscious of what I am doing with my feet, but all that takes is time.

#4557515 - 02/24/21 10:39 AM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Glad you like them! I agree - they are quite nice! My old CH pedals were so close together I usually only touched them when I was actively using them. I find the Crosswinds are spaced so they are comfortable enough to use as footrests whilst playing. I haven't been in ED much, but I've been putting quite a bit of time into DCS lately and find them very comfortable.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#4557526 - 02/24/21 01:22 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yep, you guys are right about the Crosswinds and I appreciate the input from you and Bo and anyone else who offered an opinion. I knew these were the ones I wanted, been eyeing them up for a couple years. Talking to you about it though made me more comfortable --not that there was anything to worry about really. But I suddenly felt ready to pull the trigger, and now they are under the desk. My control setup has cost US$1,570 (1000 for Cougar, 400 for Crosswinds, 20 for X Box Controller and 150 for Track IR.) Of course some of that is spread out over two decades, so from a cost per year or per hour viewpoint it's actually sort of cheap. I bet before I bought the Cougar I had gone through nearly that much in $100 Logitech Wingmans. Since then I've never needed another (but bought one anyway, just in case, the Uber NXT)

#4557537 - 02/24/21 04:00 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
I wound up adding a set of Thrustmaster MFD's to my setup. Here's my pit.
Sits in a corner - no need for a monitor cuz I wear it on my face!

Pay no attention to the spaghetti cabling....

Attached Files IMG_1780.jpg
Last edited by JohnnyChemo; 02/24/21 04:02 PM.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#4557541 - 02/24/21 04:05 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
D,

Check out Hegykc’s posts on DCS forum regarding the combat style footrests for the Crosswinds. I’ve got a set plus the damper mount. They are well done.

#4557542 - 02/24/21 04:23 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo

Pay no attention to the spaghetti cabling....

Can't see it with VR anyway smile

Nice setup JC!

Thanks Bo, I had followed up earlier in this thread with a question or two about that. I like the idea here. Heel on floor. If there's one thing about the Crosswinds I don't like is the base is so narrow that they tip with one foot on. Which is only an issue when actually putting your feet on them, so you gotta do it both at a time, ya know? Those combat pedals look like a nice solution, and the heel on floor might be a nice way to go. I'm already doing that with the bottom edge of each footrest under the medial longitudinal arch (I looked it up), so my feet are half on, half off. I'll give it a couple months to get used to them, then see what changes I might want to make. Appreciate the heads-up. What do they cost?

Do you use the toe brakes for anything in Elite?

Page 28 of 55 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 54 55

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.