Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4557168 - 02/22/21 09:38 AM Expansion of the Reduced UAW160V3 folder  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
This thread is for optional additions to the "Reduced UAW160V3" folder. Please do not comment, but if there is a problem send me a private message

If you do not have the "Reduced UAW160V3" folder you can get it here: Download the "Reduced UAW160V3" installation

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL LINKS WILL BE ADDED TO THIS FIRST POST

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

The first expansion is the recent release by Ray Otton of a new "Aircraft_Inventory" and 53 planesets that use it smile

Ray Otton's plane-set and Aircraft_Inventory addition
Run the downloaded "ROPS.exe" in your Reduced UAW160V3 folder.
To avoid any clashes with the existing names I have modified Ray's original planeset names by adding "RO_" to the start wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The second expansion is a fix (details are in the next post): Important fix for missing planes and Me163-B flare

The third expansion is the addition of an "ETO" folder that some plane-sets need: Addition of an "ETO" folder to the Multiplayer_Inventory

The fourth (and optional) expansion is the Polish Theatre with two "dir.set" files. One uses the front-line from the original release, and the other uses a front-line that is more friendly for multiplayer games: Polish theatre for the "Reduced UAW160V3" installation

The fifth (and optional) expansion is the Carrier Air War Theatre: CAW theatre for the "Reduced UAW160V3" installation

The sixth (and optional) expansion is the Burma theatre, which does not have a working height map and is dead flat frown : Burma (Flying Tigers) theatre

The seventh (and optional) expansion is the Ardennes (ETO Battle of the Bulge) theatreArdennes-Battle of the Bulge

The eighth expansion is the addition of a few missing files to the Mediterranean theatre which was installed in the original download: Mediterranean theatre carrier fix

The ninth (and optional) expansion is Ade's Operation Torch and China Burma India theatres: Flying Tiger's Operation Torch and CBI Theatres
Please note that these were made with the default ETO map and an ETO target set modified by Moggy. They were essentially the same, except for the terrain.
As it is a 160 Theatre download the original planes are not included, neither are the original screens as they are in the old 640x480 format.
There are two "dir.set" files, one with the North African and the other with the CBI terrain.

The tenth (and optional) expansion is the "Little BoB" theatre: The "Little BoB" experimental theatre
It is a reduced theatre (148 tiles x 95 tiles) based on the main area involved in the Battle of Britain. There are experimental train and road convoys.

The eleventh (and optional) expansion is the "Mod Squad BoB" theatre: Mod Squad BoB with summer and autumn
There are two dir.sets, one with summer terrain and the other with autumn.

The twelfth expansion is an important fix It is a reworking of some ETO based theatres with the removal of the "Allied Carrier":
ETO based theatres update
This target is also a base and it was causing problems with the later exes and runway files.
It is of little purpose, and in any case there are plenty of reliable carrier bases in the Mediterranean theatres and the various SPAW theatres.

Finally, well at least for the time-being here is the last update which is simply the latest exes:
27th February "No S.3dz" versions

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4557375 - 02/23/21 11:21 AM Re: Expansion of the Reduced UAW160V3 folder [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

When testing plane-sets yesterday I found two issues.
The Me163-B has a flare, but it was not showing.
Some previous exes had a routine in the source code to trigger the flare but it was missing from the latest code.
It has been re-instated, so there are two new exes which show the flare with the Me163-B.

[Linked Image]

There was a nasty problem with some skins.
In an intercept you could be approaching a bomber stream and they would disappear at about 22000 feet/7000 metres, only to re-appear much closer. After a long investigation I found that the cause was a missing "PlaneT.3dz" file in the skin folder. To save having to update a possible heap of skin folders I borrowed a working "PlaneT.3dz" file, and put it in the "GameData" folder. If one is missing from the skin folder the exe will now use the default one in the "GameData" folder.

So there is a little patch to be downloaded and run in your UAW160 folder. It is listed as the second expansion in the first post of this thread wink

Last edited by MrJelly; 02/26/21 07:41 AM. Reason: Picture added

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4557385 - 02/23/21 12:35 PM Re: Expansion of the Reduced UAW160V3 folder [Re: MrJelly]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Nice catch on the 163 but there should also be a long smoke trail to go with the flare.

I was darn sure we did away with the S and T 3dz files and only have the main file set and the M, middle distance file for a few years now.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4557387 - 02/23/21 12:48 PM Re: Expansion of the Reduced UAW160V3 folder [Re: Rotton50]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by Rotton50
Nice catch on the 163 but there should also be a long smoke trail to go with the flare..

Look at the other planes frown

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4557393 - 02/23/21 01:24 PM Re: Expansion of the Reduced UAW160V3 folder [Re: MrJelly]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
OK, Sorry, I missed that.

How about that S and T thing?

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.