Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4557293 - 02/22/21 09:08 PM Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

Great to be in touch with DBond after years. He actually found me at the Frontier forums! Been a long while now! Thanks

So here's my Anaconda build. Pretty much let you know through messaging that it's a pretty potent machine for Combat. All the MC's are High Capacity equipped, but I did read what you said about Auto Load, so not sure what the trade off would be. Like I told you, I'm more interested in getting my Shield/Armor Health up, and shield regeneration up. So I'll let you take a look and see if you can find anything that I'm lacking in. Let me know if you need any other info, once I've got this tweaked, I'll turn to my Vette.

Anything you can do to help is a plus. I know you're not into the bigger ships....................SOoooooooooo, maybe it's time!! xwing biggrin

https://s.orbis.zone/dcin

Cheers,

Brian

Last edited by RAM22; 03/16/21 11:50 PM.
#4557295 - 02/22/21 09:19 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Ram, hey man, glad you made it smile

Ram is an old friend from our Falcon 4 days over at Frugal's.

Gotta say, your Conda already looks really nice. I would expect better jump so will have a deeper look. Gotta get ready to close up my shop, but I'll have a look in an hour or two.

Nice resistances for shields and hull. G3 Long-Range D sensors and lightweight on the life support finds four light years jump anyway. What is your primary role(s) for this ship? No Guardian unlocks, correct?

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4557296 - 02/22/21 09:38 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

Ahh, Frugs!! LOL, really miss it there!

The Conda is pretty much for Combat and exploration, though I already have everything I need to turn it into a mining ship, and the Xeno equipment I've already bought, the same for the Vette.

No, no Guardian stuff as of yet, been grinding to rank up, at Deadly 71% Combat rating, will finish that off, so I'll be Elite in all three categories! So, yeah, I've sort of neglected that part, going after G mats and things of that nature. Guess the first thing I'll do is go after the Guardian FSD, unless of course there's things I should do before that.

I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks

Talk with ya later.

#4557316 - 02/23/21 12:18 AM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I miss it too. It was a spirited fourm ha!

Check the Falcon 4 forum here for a thread with some familiar names. Mark himself made an appearance, but that was quite a while ago now.

OK, the Annie.... I have owned this ship, but it wasn't one for me, and I sold it. And I did that before I was very far along on the engineering curve. I had G3 Clean Drives on it! Haha, this is how ya learn.

We have some more experienced big-ship commanders here, so hopefully they will pop in. I think your Conda is pretty good. The first thing that comes to mind is it can't really be both a good combat ship and a well-suited explorer. You can get massive jump range out of it because of that silly hull mass, but that's a stripped down version that would then make a poor combat ship. I completely understand the attraction to multi-role ships in Elite. I was doing it too for a while. And it works, with certain ships, but I think exploration and combat are at the opposite ends of the build spectrum and they don't really cross over ya know? After I became rich I started specializing my builds, with ships dedicated to specific roles, and outfitted and engineered for it. Not only does this limit module swapping, but also rejigging module priorities and firegroups. You've got the funds, and if you want to do both of those roles with the Conda, I can only suggest building one of each. So for this one I think we should focus on combat.

Several things come to me when I look it over. I love multicannons. Especially Overcharged Autoloaders. I see you make extensive use of High Capacity, which I have no experience with. Assuming you chose that to maximize fire rate/volume, I think you could achieve a similar effect with Overcharged Autoloaders, which would significantly increase the DPS/DPM. it would also significantly cut mass and power draw, but at the cost of distributor draw and heat. Pick your poison really, but with my focus on speed and jump, the advantages are worth the tradeoff. I hate the idea of you starting over having gotten them to G5, so consider it an observation, not a recommendation.

The huge multicannon is a fantastic weapon. It has a very neat characteristic, which is no spin-up time. For me it makes a perfect Overcharged Corrosive delivery weapon. Because it has no spin up time, if you put it on the same firegroup as your other, smaller multicannons, you in effect create a dual-stage trigger. Quick pulls of the trigger spit out single, huge corrosive shells. Holding it down longer spins up the others. I really like this. It allows me to apply corrosive selectively and exclusively, without being profligate with my autoloaders. I can choose when to fire one, or all at my whim. Like if I am down to the last few points of hull on a dying target, I can keep my beams on him while spitting out a corrosive shell here or there to increase damage and make my beams more effective due to the corrosive effect. Which leads me to....

Lasers. This Annie is a daka-daka boat, and no mistake. It must shred hulls. But for me I'd want to have a reliable way to quickly strip shields too. I am not a big fan of incendiary for MCs, so I would suggest adding some energy weapons. I prefer beams, but bursts are growing in popularity. Beams with the efficient mod are great (another of Elite's few 'free' engineering blueprints). It not only gives a nice boost to damage, it massively drops power and distributor draw, which has a nice knock-on effect throughout the build. More power for other things, lower heat or maybe allows the installation of a down-class power plant, et cetera, et cetera.

So here she is with everything I've talked about so far

Annie Mock Up

Your PD is perfect, just what I would recommend. This build I posted is only for core modules and weapons. It is faster, lighter, jumps farther and draws less power (and that means less heat) For the weapons I just wanted to see how it would be with my suggestions. DPS goes from 119 to 181. But that only tells part of the story. You now have good shield stripping (3 x large efficient thermal vent beams), the corrosive adds extra damage to all attacks for a short time and the autoloaders never stop. The DPM is much higher than the DPS might suggest as a result. That said, redoing all of these would be a massive investment in mats, so again, just an observation. I don't want you to quit Elite because of the grind haha smile

And since it has been so long since I flew this ship I do not recall where the hardpoints are. A different mix of lasers and cannons might be preferable, it's just a mock up. This is where a current or long-time owner of this ship could help me out. And even then, these are just two weapons really. There are hundreds of combinations. I like efficient beams because they are good weapons, but the real beauty of a multi-cannon/efficient beams combo is the relatively lower power footprint. But! The TTD as designed is low. As shown, you'd need to be firing the lasers OR the MCs, getting them all going together would drain the capacitor fairly quickly, especially if you don't have four pips to weapons, and I rarely do myself. So what I might do instead is put the huge corrosive MC on the same firegroup as the beams. It would add to the beams' damage, and due to it's low rate of fire, you needn't worry about running out of ammo too fast. Plus you can always brew up some more when you need to. A different mix of weapons or blueprints could solve this distributor issue. Bursts instead of beams perhaps? Beams in place of small MCs? A few non-overcharged MCs? Keep some as high caps? Would have to mock it out.

There is plenty more, like shields, integrity, utilities, but that could come later depending on any changes you may be keen to make. And honestly, your Conda is well-protected, not much needs to done, at least as long as you stick to PvE. Is this ship intended for PvP at all? I hope this helps, and it's your boat so make it what you want. I am just spitballin' ideas to bounce around.

#4557320 - 02/23/21 12:44 AM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Welcome to the forum RAM22!

I remember that name. smile
I hope you will enjoy your stay. You will find lots of resources here that will improve your ED experience.
I have played ED from the beginning and just this last week I have learned so much.

May be we should honour Frugal to have a wing with his name. biggrin

Frugal has huge success as a writer nowadays btw.
It is so good to see that hard work pays off.

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4557322 - 02/23/21 12:53 AM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Imperial Department of Defense

IDOD!

I'm here all week biggrin

#4557325 - 02/23/21 01:03 AM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
biggrin

IDOD sounds right.

And we have the perfect tictacs.

Even Mower would have joined that,

Ehhh....., or would he?

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4557329 - 02/23/21 01:22 AM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Mower's on these boards under a non-banned name. He would say since we are not playing PvP we are not real men, and therefore, would decline our invitation.

I just got back from a quick passenger shuttle in one of my Kraits. While I was heading back I was thinking about this thread. I would suggest trying out autoloaders by just applying the experimental. Either your MCs do not have one, or it isn't being picked up by Coriolis. But then that completely negates the reason for High Cap in the first place. Well, I'll wait for more input in which ways you are leaning. There is no real need to make any changes, aside from some shield stripping. My Krait has just two large efficient beams on it and it does fine. But it's also easier to keep them pointing at the target.

#4557353 - 02/23/21 04:29 AM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: Wigean]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

Originally Posted by Wigean
Welcome to the forum RAM22!

I remember that name. smile

And no doubt I remember you for sure! Thank You for the Welcome!

And Derek, yes, I'm taking everything into consideration and I'm currently stock piling mats, at the moment manufactured, as I'm decimating pirates and CZ's, for a bit.

Don't worry about me quitting ED, not going to happen, the grind is a PITA, but I did that for 20 years with Falcon, not only flying but dev'ing.

So here's one for ya! I was using Shinrarta Dezra as my home base for while. Decided to take a trip to see a couple Engineers in the TIR/ASURA systems with this Conda build. About 22,000Ly's away, LMAO. Took me 12 days to get there, only one Engineer could do anything for me, I think it was an upgrade to my Wake Scanner, lol, not much help. I spent 2 months in the area, I can't remember the total numbers, but it was something like 1500 jumps there and back, I have it wrote down somewhere, I'll look for it. Before I took the journey back from TIR, I shelved ED for 8 months as I was a bit burnt out. But I got back in the saddle and the passion is blazing now, again. So I'm going full force.

And spitballin' is what I'm after. I've noted your posts and will take it all into consideration. At any rate, I'm here now, and the skies the limit. And yeah, we all make our boats and we all fly how we like, but there's never anything wrong with advice from others that have the passion also!

So, with that said, I got into a little tussle, HAHA on the BMS forums that had to do with Elite Dangerous, 2 years ago, thought ya might wanna check it out for giggles of course. Of course you have to be registered there to see it!

EDIT: I should mention, I'm Cloud9 on the forums there now. I got perma banned as I upset the administrators on the BMS forums, of course it was bogus, but whatever, LOL

https://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/showthread.php?34710-FALCON-4-0-20-years-!!!-(news-paper-articule)&highlight=elite+dangerous

Yeah, Mower(Chris), know him well, will have to look him up!

Take care!

Last edited by RAM22; 02/23/21 04:42 AM.
#4557391 - 02/23/21 01:14 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'm on the BMS boards, as DBond, but haven't posted there in a while. I couldn't have known Cloud9 is you, but I've read a lot of your posts there.

Lots of people have been banned there, it's a badge of honor ha!

You sound like me, playing at high burn for a few months, then setting it aside for a long spell.

Let us know where your head is regarding your build. Anything you'd like to be altering, keeping the same. What you'd like to improve. Faster, better jump, hit harder, etc. Of course there is no free lunch in ship building, so improvements in this area can have an effect in that one, ya know? I think if nothing else, a couple changes to lighten it (speed, jump) and a couple beams would serve to sharpen it up.

About sensors.... some commanders like As, and some like Ds. Here's how I assess it. A-rated sensors are best for resolving ships of course. They have the best range, and I've always understood them to be superior with cool-running ships. If so, there will be ships the As can resolve that the Ds cannot, even if within range for each type. That is an advantage. Ds draw less power and are lighter. A's draw more than three times as much power, and at Conda class are nearly three times as heavy. Of course which engineering is chosen can either narrow or broaden these gaps. You can go lightweight A's, or long-range Ds and this muddles the picture a bit.

All of my ships use Ds, for me they are good enough, and I like saving the mass and power and heat. G3 long range Ds are on my combat ships. They detect ships out to about 11km, but because of their assumed lower resolution, perhaps are missing some ships within that circle that the As would pick up. In practice though I find them more than enough. I do think the A's have a specific use, and that would be for any mission you take where you need to be killing ships of a certain faction, such as massacre missions. In this case you need to be sorting as many as you can, identifying the qualifying ships, and here A-rated sensors pay off. But I don't do those missions. My combat is almost entirely in RES, CNBs CZs and assassinations. In these cases there are ships everywhere you look. Having the ability to see which ship is sitting 15km away is of little value, when I have eight or ten ships within 6km that I can attack. And with Track IR I can just look around and spot ships, head toward and get within sensor range. I don't need the sensors to find ships, just tell me what it is and if it is wanted.

So my choice of D-rated is sensors is one of choosing build suitability over module capability. The G3 long range smooths out the biggest drawback, range. But the power and mass help me to achieve my personal build priorities.

#4557433 - 02/23/21 04:59 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

I sure will let ya know what I come up with and I'm sure I'll have more questions to ask in the future once I gather some of the things that I need.

I do some of the massacre missions and don't have any problem finding them. I go for the smaller ones under 20 ships. The larger ones end up taking a while as they wake out to different spots and I don't feel like chasing them around the system, it sometimes requires a lot of flying around. I'm more into the CZ's /RES/Pirate assassinations. I don't even do Deserter or Politician missions. I have flown a lot of the Pirate assassination mission meant for wings, but they're all the same mostly, one FDL with a few Vutures, and they pay out a little more but sometimes you have to chase them to different spots and the damage repairs that I may need to do and general stuff don't really make them worth the while!

An as far as BMS goes, all the Moderators know I'm C9, they let me stay because I've done a few things for the team on the outside working with people like Dee-Jay and I-Hawk.

Off to the CZ in the Gender system!

Have a good day! And Thanks!

Last edited by RAM22; 02/23/21 05:00 PM.
#4557436 - 02/23/21 05:44 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by RAM22

An as far as BMS goes, all the Moderators know I'm C9, they let me stay because I've done a few things for the team on the outside working with people like Dee-Jay and I-Hawk.

I thought you said you were banned?

Yeah, let us know if you make any changes, or what you'd like to improve. If I were a Conda Commander I could be more help I think. As a medium/small ship (+Orca) commander I might be missing some obvious things. When I was new the Anaconda was like the Holy Grail, one of the most impressive ships you could own, and no rank lock! I bought it and really thought I had arrived. But I really didn't know what to do with it. I used it for passenger missions and a little combat with like forty G3 pulse lasers and mutlicannons on it lol. It's a really cool ship and I wished I felt more of a connection to it. But the best thing about owning an Anaconda was realizing I belong in smaller, faster ships smile

By the way, I was talking about the dual-stage trigger multicannon thing and my only ship I have that on is the FDL. I wish the large multicannon was selective fire (auto/semi) for use on my Kraits. Huge hardpoints are scarce in my ship range.

#4557437 - 02/23/21 06:01 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Just for theory-crafting purposes and pursuant to our talk about Guardian stuff, I mocked out my mock up a little more. This is with just the GFSDB and GSRs unlocked. You can put a bunch of GSRs in and really boost that mj. Bo's Vette follows this concept. So messing around in Coriolis and just adding four GSRs plus a GFSDB, this is the result. Better jump of course, and trades a significant portion of the integrity for shields. Shield tanks are my jam, so I wanted to see how the GSRs would affect it. Pretty nice I would say. I threw in a 6A scoop and even a fighter hangar lol. Just spitballin', right? If the fighter wasn't wanted, that slot could become another GSR or HRP and boost it even more. I like the balance between shields and integrity more here. The "Shields Will Hold For" on Coriolis is over a half hour. Of course it's a bigger, slower target than I am acccustomed to flying, so maybe that's only just about acceptable, I dunno. I did need to go to G3 Overcharged/Thermal Spread on the power plant to cover the infusion of so many GSRs

Annie Mock Up Mocked Up with Guardian Stuff

#4557776 - 02/25/21 10:22 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Ohhhh, I just realized you only now signed up on SimHQ. I knew who were Ram22, just forgot how long it'd been since I'd seen you post since the Frugals days.

FYI I got permmed on BMS too about five years ago when they implemented the forced CD check, and asked about a way around it. I didn't get a warning, no explanation, nothing--they just banned me on the spot. Was insane.

I was going through a tough time then, too, had just found my wife was permanently disabled for life--though, at the time we only knew she was seriously ill and had no idea what was going on.

Whatever.

I'm glad they're still working on the sim, regardless.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 02/25/21 10:25 PM.
#4557813 - 02/26/21 06:25 AM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Ohhhh, I just realized you only now signed up on SimHQ. I knew who were Ram22

Yeah, I remember you also from Frugals. I got banned under my name RAM22, but I created another account as Cloud9.

And yep, it was ridiculous that they banned people for trying to get around the CD check, we were all passing it around in PM's!

I don't know the situation with your wife beyond what you've said, but I hope all is well with you all and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hope to see you online!

Take care!

#4560156 - 03/15/21 11:53 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

OK, per Dbonds request biggrin , I'll update here.

Been grinding for RAW mats. Heading over to see Todd and I'll update this post this evening!!

#4560158 - 03/16/21 12:21 AM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'm feeling the matgrind at the mo too. Good luck with your changes Ram. I'm sure she'll emerge even meaner!

#4560266 - 03/16/21 07:08 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

Here's the current configuration: https://s.orbis.zone/dcin

I also updated the first post.

The MC's are as follow:

4A - Efficient Weapon/Oversized
3C - Overcharged/Corrosive
3C - Efficient/Oversized
3C - Efficient/Autoloader
2F - Overcharged/Oversized
2F - Overcharged/Oversized
1G - Efficient/Autoloader
1G - Overcharged/Oversized

Let the scientist slice and dice the configuration biggrin

I went over to Sirus to the Pirate zone 5 to test her out, sliced and diced a bunch of Conda's up. This is way better, but I know there's room for improvement, or I think.

Last edited by RAM22; 03/16/21 11:52 PM.
#4560298 - 03/16/21 10:09 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

Which Engineer deals with Laser Beams. I'm lazy!! HAHA

Never mind, figured it out. I can only get G3 at the moment, don't have the G5 dude unlocked! BAH

Last edited by RAM22; 03/16/21 10:27 PM.
#4560309 - 03/16/21 11:08 PM Re: Anaconda Build....Now that DBond has got me all sorted out here at SimHQ [Re: RAM22]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Nice, she hits harder now for sure.

Broo is the one for lasers, but you found that out. He wants rares.He is worth it though, when you get around to him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.