Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4556861 - 02/20/21 05:47 AM Sir Peter Jackson and the airplane thief (peripherally OT)  
Shredward Offline
Shredward  Offline

Lake Louise, AB Canada

We will remember them.
#4556890 - 02/20/21 01:29 PM Re: Sir Peter Jackson and the airplane thief (peripherally OT) [Re: Shredward]  
elephant Offline
elephant  Offline

Patras-Greece
Sad story of deception...

WOFF UE, BOC member, Albatros pilot.

#4556892 - 02/20/21 01:40 PM Re: Sir Peter Jackson and the airplane thief (peripherally OT) [Re: Shredward]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Very informative article, thanks for sharing Ted. I'd heard bits and pieces about DeMarco's shady past, but had no idea it ran to such an extent. I met him years ago when he was active at Old Rhinebeck, the man definitely knew how to buckle a swash.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4556898 - 02/20/21 02:40 PM Re: Sir Peter Jackson and the airplane thief (peripherally OT) [Re: Shredward]  
Shredward Offline
Shredward  Offline

Lake Louise, AB Canada
There’s more to it than just the Cub at Rhinebeck. It’s an outrage that he managed to get away with it, then go start all over again with the trusting Hobbits of Middle Earth

We will remember them.
#4556909 - 02/20/21 04:18 PM Re: Sir Peter Jackson and the airplane thief (peripherally OT) [Re: Shredward]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY

What a flippin' shame. When I went to TVAL I was blown away by all the dead-on details of every plane they had. Unfortunately, only several BE2's and the new Alb D.II were in the hanger. The rest were out for "air shows" all over the world... Makes ya think. I didn't meet DeMarco, he was on site but working in one of the other shops that does not allow visitors and wasn't speaking to the public anyway. I got to meet one of the young pilots that fly the Dr.1's which was a fun conversation and I had the pleasure of sitting with another of the builders from one of the shops. We talked for hours about the very nature of the planes, how they make them and the techniques they use to do so. It's different for each plane they make, which I thought was incredible. He did mention the same as the article did, that they often reverse engineer the parts using Jackson's movie studio. We saw that place on the trip as well...and it was fantastic too.

I'm so happy for Peter that he gave the world the amazing work that these planes are and deeply saddened that this will most likely be the end. If anyone has had the chance to go to TVAL, it was worth every hardship it was to get there and enjoy these planes one-to-one and in person.

The Alb D.Va that Mark, Mike and I got to see at RAF Henson was breathtaking as well. It's one from Jackson's earlier efforts, painted in Jasta 5 Josef Mai, and worth the look if it's still there.

Growing up in Long Island, NY...as the #%&*$# did as well... I often went to Rhinebeck to see The Black Baron of Rhinebeck Cole Palen (my avatar and sig). I so admired him and the work he did..which forged the way for jerk-off DeMarco. Rhinebeck was an amazing place to me, and to have had the blessing of travel and go see TVAL was nothing short of a life accomplishment. I'm so deeply saddened that once again...evil presents himself in the strangest places and effect everyone around him in the deepest way

Jeeze... I just can't believe this. What a freakin' shame. I hope they can recover those planes and get them back to Peter Jackson. Sure Kermit is pissed as well...

Thanks for posting this Ted. I wish you could have been with us at Hendon... 😊

Ugh... I'm so f'n sick to my stomach that the prick is from LI and did this to Jackson. I hope the fry him. Jerk.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4556968 - 02/20/21 10:53 PM Re: Sir Peter Jackson and the airplane thief (peripherally OT) [Re: Shredward]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Yes, I too was shocked and dismayed when I read it in our local news this morning. A visit to TVAL was on my bucket list for 2021 and then along came Covid! I sure gope some positives come out of all this sh@t.

The sad thing is he was sentenced to only 2 years, served approx 10 months, and is now out on parole.

Best Regards to all.

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 02/20/21 11:12 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Moderated by  Polovski