Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 124 of 162 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 161 162
#4556254 - 02/15/21 10:28 PM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Well err yeah, that was a bit of a rant.

The beauty of the 5600X to me is that for gaming/sims it is beating the 5800x/5900x/5950x in most games purely because the majority of games still aren't coded to use all the cores that the other chips offer and the architecture of that specific cpu offers less latency of the more expensive cpu's due to the single chipset design. You can still take your thread ripper example for silly money and not get the extra performance in games for the same reason the extra cores simply aren't used efficiently.

With regards value for money and the 3090, each to his own......but it doesn't really matter what you own/owned previously because even if you had the 2080ti, the 3070/3080/6800XT and above are smashing performance out of the park for less money. For anyone upgrading it's win/win.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4556275 - 02/16/21 12:11 AM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

I wouldn't dream of buying (or recommending) one of the high-end Threadripper setups. I mentioned it just to illustrate that money is *always* an object; that no matter how much money you have or can spend, there's a point where it's purely extravagance to spend more, and spending lots of money doesn't in any way assure 'best' performance.

(But they are incredibly powerful machines, and I know a couple people who would love to have one...if they had the money, that is).

Again, for the majority - who aren't running 4k - the performance gains dwindle on 30-series cards to the point that you can get comparable performance at a much lower cost. I just put a second 1080Ti in my own system, if I multiply what it cost x2 I'm still below $900 for both GPUs. And, according to the 3dMark online database last I checked, the performance is comparable to (and in at least one case, exceeds) that of a 3090 when coupled with the same CPU.

So, at 2560x1080, total cost $600 less than a 3090 (which are very hard to get now, on top of that)...I get comparable-if-not-better performance. Even if we consider a 3080...if you can even get one, it falls behind the two 1080Ti cards at my resolution...and instead of paying $700+, I paid <$425 (I already had a single 1080Ti; replacing it with a 3080 would cost $700+, where adding a second 1080Ti - brand new and warranted as such by MSI - cost less than $425).

My 3DMark result (and it's been run more than once; it varies but is reasonably consistent). It's a 1080 benchmark, but that's exactly the territory I'm referring to, and it shows that even the mighty 3090 isn't the final word:
[Linked Image]

From the UL Online database, at the time (probably changed since) - 3090s with same CPU (9700k) filtered to same overclock as mine:
[Linked Image]

(Note the Overall scores ~32600 or less; mine are consistently over 34500 - and the Graphics scores are barely over 50000 while I'm getting >57000)

I am sure there's a lot of 3090 owners out there that are happy, but for the majority (especially those not running 4k) they might be happier if they went another way and saved themselves some money.

Just my own personal $0.02 and verifiable, empirical measurements. Others may vary.

#4556296 - 02/16/21 05:20 AM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: Paradaz]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by Paradaz

What GPU are you pairing it with Blade? You're not going to see much of a difference from a Phenom 965! wink

I started from the ground up with an Asus Prime X570 P , Ryzen 5 5600x , 32GB G.Skill 3600 C16, EVGA RTX2070 xc Ultra, Samsung NVME 980 Pro PCIE4 M.2 2280 500GB boot drive, with a soon to be added Samsung NVME 980 Pro PCIE4 M.2 2280 2TB strictly gaming drive, all powered by a Corsair Tx 850M. Hopefully tomorrow I will be stuffing it into its' case with the help of kksnowbear, if the roads are not all iced up and impassable. She is still on the test box in these pics at kkFrankenPuter'sstirthepot house where he is having all of the fun at my expense.rolleyes kksnowbear has been an indispensable resource for purchasing, tech knowledge, assembly, testing and just good company during my new Rig building project. I will have more on this whole process later, but for now, while he will tell you himself he doesn't know everything about computers, dam-n he knows just about everything about computers as far as I can tell, or he will find out if he really doesn't know. Modesty is an admirable quality Sir, but credit has to be given where credit is due. yep I literally would not have gotten this rig to boot into the bios if it wasn't for him,mycomputer but more on that at another time and in another post. Here are those pics of her outside the case while she is being tuned up and stressed out. winkngrin

S!Blade<><

Attached Files 3.jpg1a.jpg4a.jpg5.jpgstress test #2.jpg
Last edited by Blade_Meister; 02/16/21 06:12 AM.
#4556378 - 02/16/21 07:47 PM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Intel, AMD Chiefs Push For Tax Breaks In U.S. $3 Billion, 3nm Chip Development Plan

Representatives of the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) were joined by those from big silicon firms in writing a letter to U.S. President Joe Biden urging him to help reduce American dependence on chip imports. Intel's former chief Mr. Robert Swan, AMD's chief Dr. Lisa Su and Qualcomm's Steve Mollenkopf were signatories of the letter, with representatives from NVIDIA Corporation, Broadcomm Inc, IBM also showing their support for the proposal. [A total of 20 US firms support the plan]

3nm Research In U.S. To Be Spearheaded By New National Semiconductor Technology Center

While the CHIPS title expands the federal government's focus on reclaiming the chip crown for America, it isn't the first such program. The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency's (DARPA) Electronic Resurgence Initiative is another program that aims to develop key chip technologies domestically.

British design house Arm Ltd. is [one of the] beneficiary[ies] of this program,

The article notes that un-passed legislation under consideration would provide $10 Billion per chip plant (roughly stated).

It was noted that some European countries have similar goals for European chip production.

Its about time (in my opinion) wink

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4556408 - 02/16/21 10:50 PM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: kksnowbear]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by kksnowbear
I wouldn't dream of buying (or recommending) one of the high-end Threadripper setups. I mentioned it just to illustrate that money is *always* an object; that no matter how much money you have or can spend, there's a point where it's purely extravagance to spend more, and spending lots of money doesn't in any way assure 'best' performance.

(But they are incredibly powerful machines, and I know a couple people who would love to have one...if they had the money, that is).

Again, for the majority - who aren't running 4k - the performance gains dwindle on 30-series cards to the point that you can get comparable performance at a much lower cost. I just put a second 1080Ti in my own system, if I multiply what it cost x2 I'm still below $900 for both GPUs. And, according to the 3dMark online database last I checked, the performance is comparable to (and in at least one case, exceeds) that of a 3090 when coupled with the same CPU.

So, at 2560x1080, total cost $600 less than a 3090 (which are very hard to get now, on top of that)...I get comparable-if-not-better performance. Even if we consider a 3080...if you can even get one, it falls behind the two 1080Ti cards at my resolution...and instead of paying $700+, I paid <$425 (I already had a single 1080Ti; replacing it with a 3080 would cost $700+, where adding a second 1080Ti - brand new and warranted as such by MSI - cost less than $425).

My 3DMark result (and it's been run more than once; it varies but is reasonably consistent). It's a 1080 benchmark, but that's exactly the territory I'm referring to, and it shows that even the mighty 3090 isn't the final word:
[Linked Image]

From the UL Online database, at the time (probably changed since) - 3090s with same CPU (9700k) filtered to same overclock as mine:

(Note the Overall scores ~32600 or less; mine are consistently over 34500 - and the Graphics scores are barely over 50000 while I'm getting >57000)

I am sure there's a lot of 3090 owners out there that are happy, but for the majority (especially those not running 4k) they might be happier if they went another way and saved themselves some money.

Just my own personal $0.02 and verifiable, empirical measurements. Others may vary.

I'm not convinced you're understanding the Firestrike database scores at all.......at 1080p powerful GPUs are bottlenecked by the CPU, not by the GPU, so it's largely irrelevant what GPU is in the system in the first place because you're only going to see a major difference in Firestrike scores when the CPU is changed and to that end any major differences in the overall score will be down to the clock speed of the CPU - the GPU simply isn't getting the chance to stretch its legs. The same applies to a 1080ti SLI setup versus a 3080 or 3090 at 1080p because the graphics card doesn't get chance to show what it can do when the CPU is throttling the entire system back at low resolutions. A 57,000 GPU score isn't a reflection of what the GPU can do, it's a reflection of how much data the CPU can feed it at the designated clock speed, hence why all the GPUs have similar scores even when some are over twice as powerful as the others. Admittedly, if you're not running a 4K resolution then it's pointless buying a 3090 for exactly the same reason unless there are more upgrades due that can actually harness the power. Now, if you were to run Firestrike Ultra (a 4K test)....you're going in the opposite end of the spectrum where the CPU becomes irrelevant and you will see what your GPU can really do - it's a bit bizarre to claim that the 3090 isn't the final word' in a 1080p test when it's not actually being tested at all.

Also, the argument that the 'majority of people' or the results of the Steam survey show that 1080p or a particular GPU is more popular is meaningless when you are upgrading a system, for the simple fact that you are not buying for the majority, you're buying for yourself in most cases and you're either on a budget of building the system around your own use and requirements. If everyone bought their systems based on the majority there would never be progress in tech and everything would be stale.

#4556414 - 02/17/21 12:45 AM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
[CEO] Pat Gelsinger is confident Intel can become “the world’s leading semiconductor company”

According to the note sent to 110,000 Intel employees, Pat Gelsinger wants Intel to be the leader in every category. The company should become more agile in a competitive semiconductor market, the note says. Pat Gelsinger also wants Intel to execute the roadmaps flawlessly

Pat Gelsinger’s remarks not surprising. It is typical for CEOs to publish their goals, especially for companies of this magnitude. Gelsinger has strong ambitions and wants Intel to become the ‘world’s leading semiconductor company’. Whether those goals will be achieved only time will tell. It will probably take months if not years to see Gelsinger’s decisions bear fruit.

My view coincides with the author of the article: Intel may have a good leader because his technical background and time previously spent at Intel should reduce his mistakes. The content of his slightly "over the top" note is "expected". The outcome unknown. Yet another, "We'll see".

Gelsinger Note Full Text

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4556504 - 02/17/21 08:22 PM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: Paradaz]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Originally Posted by Paradaz
I'm not convinced you're understanding the Firestrike database scores at all...

Oh, I'm pretty sure there's a lack of understanding of the FireStrike tool and result...just not me who apparently doesn't understand.

The FireStrike benchmark is specifically designed to test both components, CPU and GPU, as separate but inter-functional parts of a gaming platform. (I can prove this by showing the impact in a mismatched CPU-GPU combo, and have done so many times). This is why there are separate scores for each area, in addition to the Combined and Overall scores - so you can see what is affecting the result and how much.

If the CPU were holding this setup back like you claim, I wouldn't be scoring what I am in the Combined score or Physics score. The only way to see how my setup compares to others is using the same CPU, else the Physics number skews the result. The entire point is to see how a like system - with only the GPUs being different - compares to mine.

Here's proof:

[Linked Image]

This shows the same GPU comparison, only running a 4k test and with much more capable CPUs, which you said were the reasons I got the result I did (1080p and CPU 'bottlenecking'). These are the top online database scores for each of the indicated systems (others still show comparable results).

So much for all that "bottlenecking" and GPU that "can't stretch it's legs" or whatever. The CPUs are much stronger here, and show the increased Physics result/Combined result...but the 1080Ti setup still gets a higher graphics score and is very close in the Overall score.

And, although I won't bother posting it just now (though I can if necessary), your idea about CPU 'bottlenecking' at 1080p is also wholly misguided. The FireStrike benchmark, even at 1080p is perfectly capable of loading very powerful CPUs and they will show accordingly. Most of the time in the first two game tests, CPUs aren't loaded much at all (an OSD like AfterBurner will confirm this) but absolutely *do* become fully loaded in the CPU test. I can use the online database to sub much more capable CPUs with the same two test subjects (3090 vs 2x 1080Ti) and I still get the same result: The 2x 1080Ti setup keeps pace or even outscores the 3090.

So I'm afraid the actual data doesn't support your explanation. Sorry. Looks like I actually understand the benchmark/results fairly well.

What is does show - still - is that I get comparable performance, if not better with a second 1080Ti that cost me >$600 less than a 3090 would. (And that's total for both my cards; I already had one so my actual "upgrade cost" was, again, <$425). So, hmm...$425 vs $1500 plus tax for about the same performance, regardless of resolution or CPU...hmm...

As far as monitors go, the data I referenced is widely accepted and as good as any available - unless you have more/better data to present, that is.

It's not meaningless if you're looking at what the majority of people will be running both before and after any potential upgrades: The majority are using 1080p, and for some time yet, I think it's very safe to say the majority will be using 1080 (or at least some resolution less than 4k). Just because someone 'upgrades' doesn't automatically mean they intend to go to 4k as part of the upgrade. In fact, lots of people upgrade their PC while keeping the same monitor, since replacing a monitor would add even more cost.

Attached Files 3090v1080Ti-4k.jpg
Last edited by kksnowbear; 02/17/21 08:45 PM.
#4556514 - 02/17/21 09:18 PM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
banghead

You've just perfectly demonstrated how you don't understand this. You've gone from a CPU bottle-necked benchmark whilst claiming allsorts about GPUs, to a GPU heavy benchmark and then attempted to reference CPU performance. You've selected the most irrelevant part of each test.

Your Fire Strike Ultra screenshot is simply showing that a 3090/3080 is roughly equivalent to a 1080SLi setup which is absolutely correct in theoretical benchmarks although in games the SLi setup has limited support and is thereofore now pretty much a dead end. Because you aren't showing my point that in this GPU heavy test, the CPUs become less relevant you have failed to notice that the 18-core 10980XE is getting a very similar score to the 5600x. My own Firestrike Ultra CPU score with the 5600x actually beats your example showing just how irrelevant it is because the 10980XE is a far better performing chip especially when all the cores can be utilised and you would see that if you compared an identical system but different CPUs in the 1080p Firestrike test - approx 50% advantage to the 10980XE in CPU score alone.

You still keep mentioning the 'majority of people'. It is absolutely irrelevant......you build a system based on your own requirements as I mentioned previously - it doesn't matter in the slightest who else is running 640x480, 1080p or 4K....you build for your own budget, gaming/multimedia or a combination/balance of all of that. You seem to have the opinion that because the 'majority' of people are playing at 1080p then that offers a restrictive or limited point of going down the 4K route which is utter nonsense. Anyone going down the 4K route is doing so because they can use that resolution and get the benefits from at.....regardless of what the 'majority' are doing.

#4556533 - 02/17/21 11:11 PM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

I think anyone can see the scores and understand what they show. Sorry, we disagree - and the data shows what it shows: the 2x 1080Tis score consistently and competitively with a 3090 - at both 1080p and 4k, regardless of CPU (at least, to be accurate, in the cases I've shown).

If you have data to illustrate your perspective, then by all means.

EDIT: BTW On the monitor resolution, again, we just disagree. You seem to think that just because someone is upgrading that they are somehow less likely to be in the majority, which isn't true. Many people who upgrade to even the very latest CPU/GPU don't have any intent of using 4k. The majority is the majority, for a reason (actually a set of reasons, but whatever). I'll stick with the data available, which shows clearly that the majority of gamers aren't interested in 4k.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 02/17/21 11:23 PM.
#4556554 - 02/18/21 02:57 AM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Oh, and for the record: Same two GPU setups, same 4k test, now both with 5600X CPUs (same clock)

[Linked Image]

And result says...(drum roll)

...exactly the same thing: 2x 1080Ti scores slightly higher than 3090, both Overall and in Graphics.

For someone who you say doesn't understand how the FireStrike benchmark results work, I'm doing pretty good at calling these results, over and over...

Not sure how many of these I need to reference to show the results are going to be pretty much what I keep saying they're going to be biggrin biggrin biggrin

Attached Files 3090v1080Ti-5600XCPU_4k.jpg
Last edited by kksnowbear; 02/18/21 03:25 AM.
#4556565 - 02/18/21 07:01 AM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Pointless debating with you.....you clearly don't understand;

Firestrike Ultra is a GPU heavy test whereby CPUs are less relevant. You've already proved it by comparing the 10980XE and 5600x CPU scores being very similar in a system where the rest of the system is identical......yet the 10980XE is a much better performing chip where the cores can be utilised.

The standard Firestrike test at 1080p is effectively a CPU test because today's GPUs are not fed the data quickly enough and don't get chance to harness their power. That is the test that will show you relative differences between CPU's.

If you want evidence on real performance of the 5600x v 10980XE and 1080ti SLi v RTX 3090 I'd recommend you view some real-world and/or gaming benchmarks instead of spectating Firestorm benchies.

#4556592 - 02/18/21 03:24 PM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
NVIDIA Annoucnes CMP 30HX, 40HX, 50HX and 90HX GPUs For Mining, Cripples Hash Rate Of RTX 3060

NVIDIA has finally conceded to the overwhelming mining demand facing the GPU market right now and launched a lineup of dedicated cryptocurrency mining GPUs .. called CMP. This is short for Cryptocurrency Mining Processor

It is also unclear at this point how their decision to halve RTX 3060 mining rate will be received. Some would argue that if you are buying the hardware, you reserve the right to use it to its full potential. Another obvious problem could be the fact that software blocks are usually overcome quite easily when the wider internet puts its mind to it.

Nvidia implies the "crippling" of hash rate will only apply to cryptocurrency uses (the card detects mining and cuts the hash rate by half). They imply gamers will not be harmed.

#4556665 - 02/18/21 11:41 PM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Not really much of a debate, TBH...you dropped a ton of money on a card that I can compete with at 2/3rds the cost, saving $600 - which is enough to pay for most of the balance of a system. At 1080p, even at 4k...and regardless of CPU. I'm sure it's a little unsettling for you, and you'd rather not have it brought up.

I already said we just don't agree. The benchmarks exist so that anyone can see a simple comparison between systems. I provided data to corroborate my point; so far I've seen no data at all that corroborates yours.

You said the first CPU I used was bottlenecking the result, and the GPU wasn't able to perform at 1080p - so I showed a totally different CPU at 4k (Same result).

You said I didn't understand, and your 5600X could do better - so I showed the same two GPU setups with a 5600X. (Same result)

Now you say using benchmarks isn't reliable - the old "it's not real-world" argument. Funny, you didn't say that before now - and, in fact, that benchmark is widely respected and used almost universally by both entry-level gamers and veteran reviewers.

Usually, the people who start with the old "synthetic" / "not real-world" argument are the ones who the benchmark data proves wrong. There's nothing at all wrong with using 3DMark benchmarks. Practically the entire industry relies on an entire range of tests just like this (including this one specifically) - and there are specific reasons they do so.

But I'm sure you know what's going on better than all those folks do.

Hey, no worries mate: Enjoy your 3090...I'll enjoy the same performance and the extra $600 smile

Last edited by kksnowbear; 02/18/21 11:41 PM.
#4556673 - 02/19/21 12:29 AM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: kksnowbear]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by kksnowbear
Not really much of a debate, TBH...you dropped a ton of money on a card that I can compete with at 2/3rds the cost, saving $600 - which is enough to pay for most of the balance of a system. At 1080p, even at 4k...and regardless of CPU. I'm sure it's a little unsettling for you, and you'd rather not have it brought up.

Hey, no worries mate: Enjoy your 3090...I'll enjoy the same performance and the extra $600 smile

Ah, so the truth comes out....you've got little man syndrome and you think that the system you continually benchmark with Firestrike is under threat. I'm not childish enough to reply with silly statements about which card is 'better'.....but you'll find reviews/benchmarks and comparisons all over the Internet if you really want to find out whether 1080ti SLI or the 3090 has the performance crown and which is a dead-end configuration as it seems to be a sore point for you for whatever reason.

Congratulations anyway, you're the first child in 18 years on this forum that I'm putting on 'ignore'. Grow up.

#4556688 - 02/19/21 04:15 AM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Ahh, the last bastion of those who are proven wrong in online forums: The name-calling and personal attack phase. Ad hominem. Can't deal with the facts, then simply attack the person!

And then, the dreaded "Ignore"...(gasp). I am reminded of a schoolyard, where the 5-year olds who don't want to hear something unpleasant stick their fingers in their ears and chant "I can't hear you"...

And *I'm* the child... biggrin biggrin biggrin That's rich. Really.

I don't have to spend any (more) time looking at results, I've already presented more than adequate data here to demonstrate my position, which the data certainly supports (and then some). You, OTOH, haven't presented anything of the sort.

So, as before, I'm pretty sure anyone who is interested in fact and the truth will have no trouble seeing it. I don't need to look all over the internet to find out what I've already shown a boatload of proof for. The data speaks for itself, using a tool that is used by most every competent reviewer out there, and database records that are readily available to anyone interested in the reality of the matter.

Again, best of luck with your 3090.

#4556710 - 02/19/21 11:13 AM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 anti-mining algoritm is not just a driver thing, technology could expand to more SKUs

[It has been intimated that] Jensen Huang (CEO of NVIDIA) will start a battle against mining [with gaming GPUs].

according to the tweets, NVIDIA would relaunch its existing SKUs under a new Device ID. This means that future RTX3090/3080/3070/3060Ti models would carry a different ID and feature the anti-crypto algorithm. It is unclear when and if NVIDIA will even announce this change.

cards that were already sold will not receive the anti-crypto limiter

Good on Jensen, if true.

#4556870 - 02/20/21 09:47 AM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
AMD admits there are problems with USB devices on [Some] 500-series motherboards

[From AMD] AMD is aware of reports that a small number of users are experiencing intermittent USB connectivity issues reported on 500 Series chipsets...Over the next few days, some r/Amd users may be contacted directly by an AMD representative (u/AMDOfficial) via Reddit’s PM system with a request for more information.

AMD B550 motherboard chipset has received a big upgrade on the I/O front. Compatible CPUs can now support up to four USB 10 Gbps ports with the addition of 2x 10Gbps, 2x 5Gbps, and 6x 0.480Gbps ports handled by the chipset.

Apparently, only certain PC hardware combinations cause this. I have two 570 motherboards operating in the house I have had no issues.

#4556873 - 02/20/21 09:57 AM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
How to Mine Ethereum: NiceHash, Mining Pools, Optimal Settings

The pros and cons of cryptocurrency mining.

A long article to get one started mining for profit. It links detailed instructions and software.

The attached picture shows, yet again, where all our gaming GPUs are going.

Link to Mining Instructional

Attached Files Xsf3dzf8ZjfbiCxaLhbYZL-1024-80.jpg

#4556894 - 02/20/21 01:49 PM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Launches [In March] With Two Variants, [The] RX 6700 6 GB RDNA 2 Graphics Card Rumored For April Launch

The top-binned variant of the AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT will feature a TGP of 230W and will be part of several custom designs featuring factory overclocks and premium cooling. The second-tier part will feature a TGP of 189W and will be used for reference designs only. The clock speeds of the card are said to be rated at around 2.5 - 2.6 GHz ... Both cards will feature 12 GB of GDDR6 memory and will launch between 15th-19th March though recent rumors have highlighted an 18th March launch date for Navi 22 GPUs.

The site predicts a performance increase of 20-25% over the Radeon RX 5700 XT for the RX 6700 XT while offering a large memory size.

Attached Files Radeon-RX-6700-XT.jpg

#4557591 - 02/24/21 08:55 PM Re: The Future And Current Status of AMD... [Re: SkateZilla]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
AMD to announce Radeon RX 6700 XT on March 3rd

AMD to introduce Radeon RX 6700 XT on March 3rd at 11 AM eastern time, the company confirmed today.

The graphics card will offer three DisplayPorts and one HDMI output.

Page 124 of 162 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 161 162

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.