Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4555510 - 02/10/21 07:26 AM Doing a WOTR Video Series!  
That_1_Trains_Girl Offline
That_1_Trains_Girl  Offline

In the grim dark days of 1940, Britain's only hope were the countless heroes who flew for the RAF. Brave, capable, and fearless, these men would come to save not only their home, but the world...

I am none of those things and will be attempting to do just that, on video, for your entertainment!

As the title suggests, I've decided to make an edited let's play series of WOTR. This is something I've taken to doing in my spare time, so I don't really have a schedule. There's an Epsiode 0, for all those people who don't know what WOTR is, or who I am, but here's episode 1 anyway. Do enjoy!

[EDIT: Episode has been remove]

Last edited by Polovski; 02/28/21 01:55 PM. Reason: Removed video link

"The air is the only place free from prejudices."
- Bessie Coleman, the first African-American woman to become an airplane pilot, 1921
#4555597 - 02/10/21 09:41 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Excellent Vid nice to hear some commentary on an exciting mission.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4555600 - 02/10/21 10:10 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Cool Vid Trains Girl, fingers crossed for more WOTR content in the future..cracking sim isn't it

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4555602 - 02/10/21 10:26 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: Adger]  

Originally Posted by Polovski

Oh my God, coming from you that's an amazing compliment! Thank you! I'll post the next episode in this thread when it's out! smile

Originally Posted by Adger
Cool Vid Trains Girl, fingers crossed for more WOTR content in the future..cracking sim isn't it

Thank you kindly! And yes, indeed. I've been spreading the word about it to a cult-ish degree. The AI is beyond superb.

- Bessie Coleman, the first African-American woman to become an airplane pilot, 1921
#4555752 - 02/12/21 02:13 AM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: Polovski]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA

The video creator lost me at Jesus F%^$#& Christ and I stopped watching. That is completely in poor taste and unprofessional. I find it hard to believe Pol that you as one of the Devs would consider this an excellent video with language like that in it??? I thought there was a Higher level of professionalism on the WOTR thread than this? Was I mistaken?

S!Blade<><

#4555760 - 02/12/21 06:54 AM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: Blade_Meister]  

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister

The video creator lost me at Jesus F%^$#& Christ and I stopped watching. That is completely in poor taste and unprofessional. I find it hard to believe Pol that you as one of the Devs would consider this an excellent video with language like that in it??? I thought there was a Higher level of professionalism on the WOTR thread than this? Was I mistaken?

S!Blade<><

I say that a lot. So I strongly propose you drop the series if that upsets you at all. My apologies if that in any way offended your sensibilities, but this is my video series and at no point did I say I wasn't going to swear. I was tickled by you calling it unprofessional, though. I'm doing this on my own time, and the only kind of professional I am is a professional dumbass.

Edit: I have now affixed a disclaimer to my video regarding strong language and that some viewers may find this offensive, thus advising viewer discretion. I hope this clears matters up further. I will include a disclaimer on intro slides going forward.

Last edited by That_1_Trains_Girl; 02/12/21 07:42 AM.

#4555777 - 02/12/21 11:41 AM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK

S!Blade<><

Yep, put me right off too... and when he yelled ''f@+king C*+t'' I was really glad my kids weren't in the room, as quite often they would sit with me and watch some WoFF gameplay.
As a soldier for many years, swearing was quite normal everyday use when I was with my blokes, but I never took it home. My family never hear me swear.
I'm not a prude, but if the army gave me anything it was a high moral code of conduct and values and standards.

#4555778 - 02/12/21 11:42 AM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by Chucky
Wow,chill out Blade.

There is nothing to chill out about. I am Christian in my belief and that is my Lord and Savior's name. The creator of this video is taking my Lord and Saviors name in vain and that is totally offensive to me, and it should be totally offensive to anyone who is a Christian. I am letting Pol know that as a member of this Forum, SimHQ, and as a participant of the WOTR thread that I find this highly offensive, which I do. Maybe this statement makes it much clearer for you, the author, Pol and anyone else that reads this thread. I am not attaching any attitude to either of my posts, and please do not attach an attitude to either of my posts for me. This is simply my reaction to the OT.

SBlade<><

#4555785 - 02/12/21 11:51 AM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: Trooper117]  

Wow,chill out Blade.

There is nothing to chill out about. I am Christian in my belief and that is my Lord and Savior's name. The creator of this video is taking my Lord and Saviors name in vain and that is totally offensive to me, and it should be totally offensive to anyone who is a Christian. I am letting Pol know that as a member of this Forum, SimHQ, and as a participant of the WOTR thread that I find this highly offensive, which I do. Maybe this statement makes it much clearer for you, the author, Pol and anyone else that reads this thread. I am not attaching any attitude to either of my posts, and please do not attach an attitude to either of my posts for me. This is simply my reaction to the OT.

SBlade<><

Congratulations on your personal beliefs. Mine differ. I do not believe that taking the Lord's name in vain - or doing anything with it - is at all objectionable. Seeing as this is my content, I will continue to do so - and to do as I please. Once more, feel positively welcome to never watch my series again. In fact, I'd prefer it if you didn't. I don't want to upset anyone and if you find the content of my video to be offensive to you personally, please switch it off, and find something more suitable for yourself.

Originally Posted by Trooper117

S!Blade<><

Yep, put me right off too... and when he yelled ''f@+king C*+t'' I was really glad my kids weren't in the room, as quite often they would sit with me and watch some WoFF gameplay.
As a soldier for many years, swearing was quite normal everyday use when I was with my blokes, but I never took it home. My family never hear me swear.
I'm not a prude, but if the army gave me anything it was a high moral code of conduct and values and standards.

I don't rightly know why you thought flying a video game involving simulated murder with your children or watching them with your children was appropriate, but my content was clearly marked as not being for kids. I apologise for the lack of a disclaimer, and I have added one now. I will continue to make it in the same style I've done thus far. In fact, in the episode I will upload shortly, I say as much. Cheers and happy flying!

#4555790 - 02/12/21 12:06 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I don't rightly know why you thought flying a video game involving simulated murder with your children or watching them with your children was appropriate

I'll tell you this Mr smart mouth... if there is any justice in this world, you and me will get a chance to meet up. Threats are not acceptable. Don’t do that.

Last edited by oldgrognard; 02/12/21 12:28 PM.
#4555791 - 02/12/21 12:15 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: Trooper117]  

Anyway, all that aside, here's episode two! Enjoy!

Last edited by That_1_Trains_Girl; 02/12/21 02:21 PM.

#4555793 - 02/12/21 12:24 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

OK guys please calm down everyone has differing things that offend or don't offend. Me I have heard worse too but yes it would be better if there is less extreme swearing generally. If That_1_Trains_Girl could bear it in mind or maybe add a warning to the post in future if there is any swearing there.
Sorry if you were offended Blade. Free speech and all that it is what it is but I can add that to the first post for anyone else about to watch it.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4555794 - 02/12/21 12:28 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: Polovski]  

OK guys please calm down everyone has differing things that offend or don't offend. Me I have heard worse too but yes it would be better if there is less extreme swearing generally. If That_1_Trains_Girl could bear it in mind or maybe add a warning to the post if there is any swearing there.
Sorry if you were offended Blade I can add that to the first post for anyone else about to watch it.

I will edit my OP to reflect the fact that this series contains strong language and the current episode prominently features a disclaimer in the intro. My apologies about the strong language but I am making this series because, compared to my KA-50 tutorial series, it requires minimal brainpower. I don't need a script and I just speak the way I would normally. This also isn't my job so I've no broadcasting standards to adhere to. This includes the presence of strong language.

#4555797 - 02/12/21 12:35 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I can guarantee I'm more calm than a big bag of calm things... yep

#4555798 - 02/12/21 12:36 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
oldgrognard Online content
Administrator
oldgrognard  Online Content
Administrator
Lifer

USA
I don’t understand why people do not understand using foul and offensive language elicits strong responses. Then add religious and parenting to that offensive language just ups the ante.

It seems childish to be deliberately crude and unnecessarily provocative.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4555799 - 02/12/21 12:46 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks oldgrognard. That_1_Trains_Girl has taken it on board and has put a warning at the start of any future videos, and I added a warning on the first post above.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4555800 - 02/12/21 12:47 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: Polovski]  

Thanks oldgrognard. That_1_Trains_Girl has taken it on board and has put a warning at the start of any future videos, and I added a warning on the first post above.

Correct, and I apologise for any offense caused. That was not the intent at all, nor was it meant to be provocative. Apologies again for it having come off as such.

Edit: Reuploaded Episode 2 with a higher bitrate!

Last edited by That_1_Trains_Girl; 02/12/21 02:32 PM.

#4555842 - 02/12/21 05:52 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
kksnowbear Online content
kksnowbear  Online Content

To be honest, it is offensive, and I'll tell you this: I spent 10 years of my life protecting and upholding the precious rights we speak of, as did my wife.

But freedom of speech shouldn't be a hiding place from which to offend others - and people who hold dear their own religious beliefs are no less valuable as people, no less protected by liberty, than any other social class, gender, race, or ethnicity. How people can stand up for all these rights in the present social circumstances, while dismissing that freedom of religious belief is also a right, is totally beyond me.

I should hope we all recall our collective history well enough to remember that we here in the US exist as a nation because (among others) this freedom of religious belief was valued at the highest of levels by our forefathers.

How society can clamor for equal rights among so many varied peoples and yet we can still witness this kind of disregard for another's beliefs...again, totally beyond me.

#4555845 - 02/12/21 06:03 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I don't find it offensive. It's a common curse here in the UK. It doesn't mean literally f* JC.

Here's a thought, just don't watch it. The warning is now there for all to see.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4555864 - 02/12/21 07:46 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Any further discussion about rights, freedom and all that post to a new thread please. We have covered all the angles on this and apologies and warnings are there for all to see so choice and freedom is there. That_1_Trains_Girl has said no intent to offend is in there, it's an honest reaction from someone who happens to swear and now the warnings are there, you are free to move on and not watch if that kind of thing would offend.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4555869 - 02/12/21 08:03 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Enjoyed that 2nd vid aswell Trains Girl, WOTR scenery looks excellent as always great flying it’s got me in the bug of flying the Spit again..cheers keep em coming cheers

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4555876 - 02/12/21 08:44 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: Polovski]  

I don't find it offensive. It's a common curse here in the UK. It doesn't mean literally f* JC.

Here's a thought, just don't watch it. The warning is now there for all to see.

This is precisely what I wanted to say. I once again apologise deeply for any offense caused to anyone, it truly was not deliberate and comes from a place of a cultural repertoire to which I am accustomed and within which I was effectively raised, despite not being from the UK. It is the dialect and lexicon within which I learned how to speak English and two and a bit decades of that remains baked into my mind.

That_1_Trains_Girl has said no intent to offend is in there, it's an honest reaction from someone who happens to swear and now the warnings are there, you are free to move on and not watch if that kind of thing would offend.

Thank you, and I do really mean that I am sorry. I am here to record videos of me flying planes, unfiltered and loosely structured. That is all. I truly, from the bottom of my heart, do not wish to offend or upset anyone. That was never my intention, or to provoke anybody. I will continue to post new episodes in this thread, and if you would like to see more, feel free to subscribe to my channel.

Originally Posted by Adger
Enjoyed that 2nd vid aswell Trains Girl, WOTR scenery looks excellent as always great flying it’s got me in the bug of flying the Spit again..cheers keep em coming cheers

Thank you! I've a few days off from work so you'll likely get a handful of new episodes in a row. This is my go-to way of relaxing.

Last edited by That_1_Trains_Girl; 02/12/21 08:50 PM.

#4556409 - 02/16/21 11:33 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
I'm enjoying the videos. While I have WOTR, I do my flying in WOFF. It's interesting to hear you deal with the same things I am as I learn the planes and the game (and the game's quirks). Like you, I still find myself concentrating on holding formation position vs looking for enemy planes. Your "excuse me, sorry, sorry, excuse me" as the flight changes vector is hilarious (been there, done that). I've found I need to fly with the label dots on to help with aircraft spotting (especially at a distance). I figure it compensates for the monitor field of view. Anyway, looking forward to future videos.

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD (OS) + SSD (Games), GTX 1070 Ti, Acer Predator Z35p 3440x1440 GSync
#4557681 - 02/25/21 02:26 PM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: mandrews]  

Originally Posted by mandrews
I'm enjoying the videos. While I have WOTR, I do my flying in WOFF. It's interesting to hear you deal with the same things I am as I learn the planes and the game (and the game's quirks). Like you, I still find myself concentrating on holding formation position vs looking for enemy planes. Your "excuse me, sorry, sorry, excuse me" as the flight changes vector is hilarious (been there, done that). I've found I need to fly with the label dots on to help with aircraft spotting (especially at a distance). I figure it compensates for the monitor field of view. Anyway, looking forward to future videos.

Thank you so, so much for your feedback and your compliments. I'll keep making the series as soon as I am able. It's taken a back seat as of late due to my work obligations and because my eyesight has deteriorated to the point where I can barely see, especially small contacts. As I like to fly without labels, I have opted to slow things down on the video front until I get a new pair, which should be in a week or two. Of course, I'll have something up in the interim. I may get shot down.

I pray I won't. winkngrin Here's hoping!

Last edited by That_1_Trains_Girl; 02/25/21 02:27 PM.

#4557802 - 02/26/21 03:14 AM Re: Doing a WOTR Video Series! [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
Baxter Offline
Baxter  Offline

Adelaide, South Australia
Yes I reported that as well Totally offensive to all Christians and parents as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.