Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Also found this video...

'

which seems to point to the same spots.

I recall it being a pain in the butt when we all did it together originally for the FSD... didn't think we had to do it all over again, but according to the video it seems necessary for the Blueprint anyway..

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#4554984 - 02/05/21 03:03 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, I just looked up the thread from when we all did this. To get those blueprints we went to HD 63154.

This is harder to do solo than what I was doing last night.

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4464863

So if you need some cover let me know and we will work something out. I suggested a Guardian event a few days ago, so maybe we could still make an event out of it.

While I was doing this last night. looking for the Delta Pattern data, I got a lot more of the non-Delta (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, etc). Turns out the Epsilon is needed for the Guardian fighters. So made sure to get enough of that for when I eventually hit triple Elite and hire a minion. Got 24 of them, only to find out later I need 26! So I would benefit from another visit to get the final two.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4554985 - 02/05/21 03:19 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Yeah, I was eyeing those Guardian Fighters as well. Have to research which variants are the best and make sure i collect everything.

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453

#4555008 - 02/05/21 06:36 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
A couple of notes. DBond on Poison Whisky swap your Guardian Shield Reinforcement with your Fuel Scoop and upgrade the scoop to 6A. Second, be aware that rebooting your ship to bring back shields will not work. Yup, ask me how I know that. I used them for awhile (Guardian Shield Reinforcements) but, after a few vigorous encounters with shields gone or low I was stuck until they self regenerated. Perhaps a Shield Cell Bank? Hum, I'll have to try that on the Vette.

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
EVGA 760 4gb DDR5 2768 KR
CoolerMaster 922 Mesh 3x200mm, 2x140mm fans
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
WD Caviar BLK 500gb SATA 6gb
WD Caviar BLK 1TB SATA 6gb
Intel 730 Series 480GB SATA 6gb
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
Sennheiser 360 Headphones
#4555011 - 02/05/21 06:46 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks Wingy, I mentioned the scoop a few posts back and have the same idea. Actually, it was in that same post, near the end. yeah, I write long posts and I get if if someone doesn't read it to the end smile

Fine Krait though innit?

The shields will never go down so rebooting isn't a concern. I haven't rebooted a ship since err, 2017?

Famous last words maybe, but I'm pretty confident. Recovery is fast with the fast charge, resists are good. And with that speed NPCs can't keep it up if I decide I need to be elsewhere. Maybe I just don't do the most dangerous PvE stuff, but I'm confident in the survivability of the ship.

And by the way, how do you know that?

#4555053 - 02/06/21 12:18 AM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Class 5 GSR installed smile

I also splashed the cash on a 6A scoop. I had been lazy, and Wingnuts' advice spurred me to action. That single change increased the value of my crate by 20 million.

On the way back to the bubble I ran an EDDB search for stations selling the Hardware Diagnostics Sensors, and only three results. Can't vouch for the veracity, but that's a mighty small number.

I was befuddled by the absence of GSRs in the shop after unlocking them. Finally found them under module reinforcements. Expected to see a new category like FSD Booster. Class 5D is just like 900k. Peanuts for what it does. Too bad we can't engineer them. I've held on to that blueprint since March of 2019.

#4555200 - 02/07/21 12:21 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I posted some images in the Inara gallery. I'd like to ask the other Inara commanders to have a look, and if you like any of them, click the 'shiny' to help me get the badge. But don't compromise your integrity, click it only if you like them, not just to help me out smile

https://inara.cz/cmdr/69080/

Click gallery on the left

I'll take another shot at this, as there could be a good story here smile

Originally Posted by WingNuts01
Yup, ask me how I know that.

Originally Posted by DBond

And by the way, how do you know that?

#4555245 - 02/07/21 07:21 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It popped, so thanks if anyone here contributed.

I added a few more, so shiny's still open lol.

Here's an interesting one that I captioned "Not sure about that"

[Linked Image]

I'm often told I am ahead of my time, but this is going a little too far biggrin

Attached Files Not Sure About That.jpg

#4555268 - 02/08/21 01:50 AM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
lol

2.5 billion

I'm a pauper at 93 million.

#4555279 - 02/08/21 04:56 AM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
-DBond I have developed the habit of attacking wings by myself. Now it's not so bad in a High Rez, though I'm fond of a Haz Rez close to my station. I have jumped a wing of three, two Annies and a Courier, succeeded (shields under 20%), only to be followed by another jucy wing Annie, Vulture and Courier which I couldn't leave alone. When my shields dropped during the second encounter, I had killed the Annie in the second group but had the Vulture and Courier pounding me. I had boosted out and attempted to reboot to get the shields back. When the boot finished still no shield and of course I was taking damage. I had to low wake back to station for repairs. I was using "Skittles", you know how I like my Krait MKII. Now having learned a partial lesson, I don't run GSB's, I'll reboot to get shields back quicker and yes I'm still prone to jumping multiple wings in sequence.

Fly Safe
Wingy

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
#4555304 - 02/08/21 12:34 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Multiple wings in sequence. Well then, yeah. If my shields were to drop below 50% I'm outta there. No kill is worth losing my ship. That's how I approach it and part of why I've only lost five ships. I can't recall the last time this happened, and I chalk that up to tactics, thermal shield engineering and fast ships. Raw mj is the thing that cranks up recovery and recharge. None of my ships use heavy-duty A boosters, no SCBs. By balancing the shields between raw mj and resists I think it results in the best type of shield engineering. Broken record by now, but I feel thermal resists is the most important part of PvE shield engineering.

Poison Whiskey actually has the worst balance right now of my combat ships, since it uses reinforced A instead of bi-weaves with thermal resist like my other combat ships. Looking at the effective shield graph in Coriolis I want these about level, with thermal at the top. Poison Whiskey isn't there. But in PvE it's plenty good enough.

My Vulture Arclight is closer to what I want. Even here, explosive effeciveness is highest, and that's not important in a fast or agile ship in my view. Thermal attacks are what hits you, and thermals are what shields are especially vulnerable to. So to me it makes sense to focus on this when building shields. Because I went bi-weaves with thermal resist/fast charge, kinetic suffers, so I had to attempt to correct that with reinforced shield boosters, and that brings the explosive way up too.

The GSR in my Krait adds very little to recharge or recovery times. I like the additional capacity it offers. I think it's a great addition. I'm giving up on attempting to extract that story from you too smile

Blastman, yeah that's a boat load of money. That shot was from last May while I was on the bug-hunting kick, and why I was at Obsidian. But then I took a long break and have only bumped it another 100m in all that time. I'm also poor compared to some of these other commanders. Wingy, Rec and Bo all have way more than I do. Neph and I are pretty close. Wingnuts has like 12 billion in assets and 9 of that is cash. Of course I don't focus on it anymore. I like making money, but it's now a result of what I do, not why I do it.

For a long time mining was the money meta. Some commanders took advantage in a big way. But for me, I've mined just 1,354t. Even that resulted in billions. Looking at my Inara friends I see them with the Miner badge at levels 1 and 2. It takes 5,000t just to hit level 1. So these cats have mined many thousands of tons and made serious dosh on it. At a certain point it became 'enough', especially since I didn't have anything I wanted to buy. Not interested in a carrier. The money I make now I hope will find a use with the big update. Hopefully there are new ships that I am interested in, or other compelling ways to spend it. We shall see. I did splash 28 million on a 6A scoop the other day, but the 5A trade made it just a net spend of 18m. That doesn't put much of a dent in 2.5 billion.

#4555352 - 02/08/21 05:05 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
The thing that bugs me in these games is there is no stock market to invest that kind of wealth in, and it gives me the heebie jeebies.

#4555355 - 02/08/21 05:27 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
What bugs me is my ELITE Fighter Pilot Crew Member takes 10% off the top of everything I earn, but there is NOTHING that can be done with that $$$. At one point I thought maybe it should be used for purchase/repair of FIghters and FIghter Bays etc.. but I guess that is the Commander's burden, and you're just paying the crew to fly. Still it is a significant amount of in-game money that does NOTHING.

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453

#4555357 - 02/08/21 05:41 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That's the reason I've yet to hire one, but I check the minion pool now and then. They are all strung out on meth I think.

Plus they steal combat XP. As I've said I'll hire one once I hit Elite. Or maybe at 99% and I'll let the minion get the telling kill.

#4555363 - 02/08/21 06:23 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
Fighter Pilots are like having a extra class 4 weapon to use. Though your paying alimony whither you use'm or not and there's no tax deduction. Good idea to wait until after getting combat Elite, then get one to try.

I always find it interesting comparing our ship builds to our combat style with each other. Also as we've progressed, become more experienced / affluent how our builds changed. I offer my two combat builds for comparison. Vulture https://s.orbis.zone/cc5w, Mr. Skittles https://s.orbis.zone/cc6t. DPS on Skittles is off the hook as I synth the 15% extra damage amo. I enjoy comparing our different outlooks and play styles.

Last edited by WingNuts01; 02/08/21 06:36 PM.

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
#4555367 - 02/08/21 07:18 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Me too Wingy. It's all in good fun and there are few things I like discussing more than Elite ship building. It's to my constant regret that this forum is dead unless I am playing at the mo. Because even when I'm out of the game for a while, I'd still love to talk about it (that's what the Frontier boards are for I reckon)

From the time I began playing, I've regarded you as my Elite sensei. You've shown and taught me much of what I know, especially as a noob. I'd be far less accomplished at this point without your help and I appreciate it.

OK, to the builds!

Yes, I was just looking at Mr Skittles this morning and don't think that insane DPS doesn't jump right out! But it did a year ago too smile

For our Vultures, I think they show to a degree exactly how our approaches differ. For example, my Vulture has more integrity, but is lighter, faster, jumps farther and uses no armor. Part of that is due to you opting for non-combat modules in the smallest slots. Your Vulture hits harder (DPS higher, hull damage better, while mine may do better against shields. Vulture hardpoints/weapons are a sore subject for me, so this ship is sort of a special case). You also have superior module protection.

As I am fond of pointing out, raw numbers only tell part of the story. And I focus on thermals. Looking at the defense metrics on Coriolis I think bears this out, although you have superior explosive and kinectic shield defense. But in thermal, my Vulture is superior, and this is borne out in the "Shield will hold for" estimate despite your Vulture having higher mj. Same with armor. In my case it's largely a function of resistance stacking on the HRPs, better armor protection even with no armor (and the cost and weight). If you were to replace those class 1 slots with more HD HRPs you would close that gap or surpass it. But blaze your own!

For the Kraits, they are actually built very similarly, but with some marked differences too. Of course I can't touch your hitting power. But again, mine is lighter (by 130t!) faster and jumps farther, which of course is what I am gunning for. Your armor is superior, but the way I see it is in PvE, armor is only needed if shields fall, since no, or few? NPCs can bypass shields. I still want good integrity in case my shields ever collapse, but that's pretty rare. So I'm willing to trade armor and hitting power to attain these goals. I'm not even talking about heat, and that is something else I focus on. My Krait idles at 28%, making it one of my hottest ships actually. Dual thermal vent beams helps to offset this of course.

Honestly Wingy, I'd like to see you bump your thermal resists more, but those aren't my ships, and you are far more accomplished in Elite than I am, so you have every right to do it as you see fit. But I think with different shield engineering, you wouldn't ever be losing these shields, even against those wings you keep chaining smile

There are a lot of ways to build ships in Elite, and most of them are viable! It's one of the most appealing parts of the game for me. The fact that just about every commander goes a different route shows how well balanced Frontier made this.

#4555368 - 02/08/21 07:21 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Heh.. I am lazy #%&*$# and always go for the TANKS. That's why I flew the clunky Fed Gunship for so long. Decent shield and hull tanks for slugfests.. and now usually fly the VETTE. Subtlety was never my forte smile

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453

#4555370 - 02/08/21 07:31 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
And that's the way it should be Rec! Blaze your own. Like when Blastman posted his Cobra. I would not own a ship like that, as I'm a shield tanker, but it's still so cool and interesting. I love looking over everyone's builds and I wish there was more of this around here. Right now there is and I'll take it.

#4555379 - 02/08/21 08:03 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Hmm, I found this video and looks like it has useful information on rapidly acquiring materials for Engineering:

I'm not sure if these methods still work, but I don't see the point in wasting weeks of life collecting materials, when you can do the same in a few hours of exploiting. This depends on your playstyle, I guess, but for me, interactions with other players are the most interesting, and having ships that aren't engineered is holding me back.

#4555383 - 02/08/21 08:57 PM Re: Dust Off [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Time savers are gold in this game, so why not. I'm at work so can't watch the video right now. Are the actions nefarious? Gamey? What's the conundrum?

Page 22 of 55 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 54 55

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.