Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4555293 - 02/08/21 11:31 AM Announcing the return of Psyklik's Gunship! website! *****  
Flyboy Offline
Flyboy  Offline

England, UK
Recently, HawkI and myself have been resurrecting Gunship! modding veteran Psyklik's website "Waypoint - Gunship! Mission Building".

As some of you may know, Psyklik disappeared from the scene a few years ago and since then his website at the original address has been closed. Accessing it from the Internet Archive is still possible but as with most sites archived there, is clunky and incomplete.

I took the website that HawkI provided to me (he was part of Psyklik's project) and have kind of reverse-engineered the site, if you will, to make it run at any webhost now and in the future (by essentially stripping out all 'absolute' links and making them all 'relative'... many hours of work). I've also hunted down and fixed all broken links and restored pages and content that were either incorrectly linked to begin with or that were lost during the automated archival process. While I was in the code another thing I did was took the liberty of tidying up and standarizing certain content for the sake of a more seamless user experience, as well as fixing minor spelling mistakes. Note that all original content is unaltered though. The site is now hosted as an extension of my own website.

We hope that you will continue to enjoy the site as you did back in the day, and let Psyklik's work live on and continue to inspire the modder in you!

Waypoint-GS Mission Building

Also note that Psyklik's last 'work in progress' release of his Times Of Sand mod including all his documentation and reference material featuring hours of research, can be downloaded as a single package from my GS! site too.

Let me finish by saying a massive thanks to HawkI for giving me the opportunity to bring this classic website back to life, and for providing source materials and direction.

Regards,
Gary 'Flyboy' Wright

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4555376 - 02/08/21 07:58 PM Re: Announcing the return of Psyklik's Gunship! website! [Re: Flyboy]  
HawkI Offline
HawkI  Offline

England
Awesome, awesome work Flyboy! Thanks to your wizardry skills this site will never disappear again. I can’t thank you enough for all the time and effort you’ve put into this. cheers

#4555404 - 02/08/21 11:15 PM Re: Announcing the return of Psyklik's Gunship! website! [Re: HawkI]  
Polak Offline
Hotshot
Polak  Offline
Hotshot

New York, NY
Thanks to your wizardry skills this site will never disappear again.

I personally thank you too for all your work on restoring this very important (to Gunship!) documentation. All that information should be in the Gunship! manual then perhaps the game would be more popular. I think all this was in MPS plans to be revealed together with M1TP3 or whatever that was to be called by.

As we all know, it sadly never happened, and Gunship! fairly or not carried perhaps that stigma of "unfinished" game. At least some of the folks like Psyklik, Fng2k, WB, KB, Samovar and a few others recognized how advanced and even sophisticated some of the things in Gunship! were and committed a significant chunk of their personal free time to research and document all that.

So thanks to MPS for creating Gunship! Thank you to all of the abovementioned folks for researching and revealing it to us and thank you to you Guys for digging this trove of information out and publishing it again.

Last edited by Polak; 02/08/21 11:18 PM.
#4555761 - 02/12/21 07:31 AM Re: Announcing the return of Psyklik's Gunship! website! [Re: Flyboy]  
BUFF Offline
Hotshot
BUFF  Offline
Hotshot

Glasgow, Scotland
Thank you for this. smile One of these days I'll get back into this - it was always my favourite heli-sim (although EECH/EEAH were close).

"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

www.CombatACE.com SF P1/WOV/WOE/First Eagles flunky

abit forums
#4555844 - 02/12/21 05:57 PM Re: Announcing the return of Psyklik's Gunship! website! [Re: Polak]  
HawkI Offline
HawkI  Offline

England
Originally Posted by Polak
Thanks to your wizardry skills this site will never disappear again.

I personally thank you too for all your work on restoring this very important (to Gunship!) documentation. All that information should be in the Gunship! manual then perhaps the game would be more popular. I think all this was in MPS plans to be revealed together with M1TP3 or whatever that was to be called by.

As we all know, it sadly never happened, and Gunship! fairly or not carried perhaps that stigma of "unfinished" game. At least some of the folks like Psyklik, Fng2k, WB, KB, Samovar and a few others recognized how advanced and even sophisticated some of the things in Gunship! were and committed a significant chunk of their personal free time to research and document all that.

So thanks to MPS for creating Gunship! Thank you to all of the abovementioned folks for researching and revealing it to us and thank you to you Guys for digging this trove of information out and publishing it again.

Thank you Polak, but I just merely provided Flyboy with the materials and he did all the clever stuff!

Let us not forget the many mods you’ve provided us with over the years, especially the aircraft skin and map tile improvements. Your contributions are very much appreciated.

@Buff Good to see a familiar name posting here again! Hope to catch you for a MP session one day.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.