Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4555149 - 02/06/21 11:01 PM Single player mode still does not track pilot's actions  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
To this date, when one plays a campaign, there is no flight log, as far as I know.

Did I miss it, or is it on the workbench, or is the title still aimed exclusively at the multiplayer crowd ?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4555344 - 02/08/21 04:26 PM Re: Single player mode still does not track pilot's actions [Re: rollnloop.]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Richard, I honestly believe the ATAG Team Fusion crew is doing what they can within the limits of the code as they know it, but they are multiplayers. They are all virtually unpaid enthusiasts, doing amazing work to keep the title alive in the way they enjoy playing it, which is primarily on servers. If they find solutions to the soul destroying bugs in the AI and campaign engine that they can fix, they do, but it is not their focus. For example, they recently squashed the crazy AI routine that made the AI planes roll about the sky like UFOs (now they just roll like drunks...)

Both DCS and Forgotten Battles have looked at their player numbers and realized that most of their players play offline, and they have acknowledged this publicly. You see it now in the huge attention they are giving to offline content, especially for DCS (I think you have even been involved in that adventure!). The latest DCS email says it all "Our third party campaign developers have prepared a joint letter to the community. It’s worth taking a look at the upcoming campaigns for DCS World, they will be sure to keep you airborne for hours and hours." Or if you read the promo blurb for IL2 Great Battles, the first thing it says is:

- Career that tells the story of recreated battles that are historically accurate.
- Quick Mission Builder allows you to set up a combat situation in just a few mouse clicks. This is a very convenient way to familiarize yourself with an aircraft and hone your combat maneuvers
- Scenarios are single missions included in the game or created by players in the Mission Editor.

Multiplayer comes fourth on that list. On the Cliffs of Dover Blitz blurb, there are seven bullet points, and Single Player content is mentioned ... last. ClOD is just not the place to come for single player WW2 happiness.

And I'm OK with that. Team Fusion was born out of a team of multiplayer enthusiasts and it was only ever going to go that way. I think this is a matter of celebrating what CloD is, and not being sad about what it isn't. Because a single player sim it isn't.

[Linked Image]
#4555427 - 02/09/21 10:30 AM Re: Single player mode still does not track pilot's actions [Re: rollnloop.]  
RedToo Offline
RedToo  Offline

Bolton UK
So they're pursuing the route of less income?

My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016.

Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
#4555479 - 02/09/21 07:31 PM Re: Single player mode still does not track pilot's actions [Re: RedToo]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted by RedToo
So they're pursuing the route of less income?

I respect they are enthusiasts, not business people and if you are going to invest as many hours (years) as they have in the project, you need to follow your passion. Money is not everyone's incentive.

[Linked Image]
#4555522 - 02/10/21 12:20 PM Re: Single player mode still does not track pilot's actions [Re: rollnloop.]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
I'm afraid you're right Fred.

Had I known it earlier, I would have passed on Tobruk.

Too bad, I always loved the cockpits in this title.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.