Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 64 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 63 64
#4552804 - 01/19/21 06:28 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Azshal Offline
"Call me Az"
Azshal  Offline
"Call me Az"

Near VSFB, California
I paid for another month of World of Warcraft. Last I played it was in 2016. A lot has changed.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4552847 - 01/20/21 02:07 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Currently alternating between Fallout 76 and Cyberpunk 2077. I’m definitely in an RPG groove right now.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4552852 - 01/20/21 03:21 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
mbeaver Offline
mbeaver  Offline

Arizona, USA

Most of my gaming time lately is on Dark Souls 3.

#4552863 - 01/20/21 05:33 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Dark Souls games are sooooooooooooooooooooo good.

#4553080 - 01/21/21 04:55 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Playing a lot of Squad recently.
Surprised so few of you ever mentioned this game.

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4553179 - 01/22/21 02:03 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Sluggish Controls]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Sluggish Controls

I never played it, but I recall watching an extended video someone posted here a few years ago and he was a RPG gunner. Was it GunDoc? Whoever it was he played well and it was interesting. Looks like a good game. I've gotten away from online shooters, but I must admit my head's been turned by Hell Let Loose. Added to my wishlist and might just do.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4553180 - 01/22/21 02:07 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: DBond]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by DBond
I've gotten away from online shooters,

I used to play them all the time until my mid 30's and then I got tired of all of the obvious cheating/hacking that was going on and so I dropped PvP entirely and have done only cooperative modes ever since. It would be dumb for me to return to PvP anyway since there's no way that my 48 year old reflexes could compete with the mostly teenage players who play online shooters now.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4553275 - 01/22/21 08:17 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Sluggish Controls]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Sluggish Controls

Cheers,
Slug

Squad is good?

I think I have that game but never tried. Are the servers active?

#4553527 - 01/25/21 03:50 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Affirmative :-P
On a server populated with players playing the objectives, and progressing across the maps tactically, it is excellent. On a monkey server, you just run a lot, and die a lot for nothing.
Avoid monkey servers and you may very well get hooked.

Two 50-player teams divided into squads with usually up to 9 players per squad. Depending on the maps, you also get armour to support boots on the ground, and helis for fast transport & supplying the FOBs. Each Team has a commander, selected by vote, who will direct the team. In many ways it reminds me of Red Orchestra, with contemporary equipment and Afghanistan, Iraq and bits of Eastern Europe settings.
Taking an objective or scoring a kill is satisfying - that's generally a good sign for me.

Graphics are good, if not the sexiest around. No idea if you care about that, I don't.

Give it a go, and pick your server wisely. It should not be a problem, tons and tons of them in the US. Don't worry, I play on Aussie / Filipinos / Singapore servers, you'll never end up down my sight, ha!

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4553544 - 01/25/21 12:00 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Is anyone here currently playing any Total War titles (not counting Warhammer) besides me?

#4553549 - 01/25/21 01:16 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I've played Warhammer 2 recently, does that count?

just joking

I nearly bought Three Kingdoms last week before not buying it. I considered reinstalling Attila. Didn't end up doing either, but at least it's on my mind smile

Looking forward to Warhammer 3, which will allow us to stitch together the maps and all factions from all three games in to one super-mega-fantastic campaign.

#4553550 - 01/25/21 01:19 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: DBond]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by DBond
I've played Warhammer 2 recently, does that count?

just joking

I nearly bought Three Kingdoms last week before not buying it. I considered reinstalling Attila. Didn't end up doing either, but at least it's on my mind smile

Looking forward to Warhammer 3, which will allow us to stitch together the maps and all factions from all three games in to one super-mega-fantastic campaign.

I've been busy with other games but I do plan on finally installing and playing the free copy of WH that you graciously gave me. Who knows? Maybe the fantasy setting will draw me in after all.

As for Three Kingdoms, I only recommend it if you have an interest in the history of ancient China.

#4553553 - 01/25/21 01:23 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Dude, yes. Please do. I really want to know what you think about it.

#4553555 - 01/25/21 01:30 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
SippyCup Offline
SippyCup  Offline

Apart from the usual combat sims, I started a new game in Dark Souls III after beating the game a couple of years ago. Also re-playing Ghost Recon (with Island Thunder and Desert Siege) as it's been over a decade since I finished them all. I can't remember much of anything so it's fun. The AI in GR is obviously very simple but ruthless. I love it and am having more fun than with any modern tactical shooter... proof that graphics only go so far toward the experience!

#4553556 - 01/25/21 01:32 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: SippyCup]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by SippyCup
. Also re-playing Ghost Recon (with Island Thunder and Desert Siege) as it's been over a decade since I finished them all. I can't remember much of anything so it's fun. The AI in GR is obviously very simple but ruthless. I love it and am having more fun than with any modern tactical shooter... proof that graphics only go so far toward the experience!

I have lots of fond memories of playing the original GR in cooperative mode with friends. I especially enjoyed the "Island Thunder" add-on since I could understand what the enemy soldiers were saying to each other. smile

#4553571 - 01/25/21 04:40 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: SippyCup]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by SippyCup
Apart from the usual combat sims, I started a new game in Dark Souls III after beating the game a couple of years ago.

You can never go wrong with Dark Souls.

#4553619 - 01/25/21 10:00 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Forward Observer Offline
Forward Observer  Offline

Central Arkansas,US of A
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Is anyone here currently playing any Total War titles (not counting Warhammer) besides me?

I'm just finishing up a Welsh (Strat Clut) campaign in Thrones and have just started an ERE campaign in Attila. I have a Roman campaign going in Rome II but haven't touched it for several weeks. I keep looking for other games to get into but find myself going back to those I'm already familiar with. Besides, due to their very nature, the TW games are almost infinitely replayable.

However, I'm also replaying the campaign in Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. Actually, I have two different playthroughs going on different difficulty levels just to compare. It's a fun little space RPG/arcade game that reminds me very much of the old Microsoft space game called Freelancer. I bought it early last year when it was still an Epic exclusive. The Freelancer comparison was easy since I had just replayed the older game after discovering how to get to work on Windows. Microsoft had finally released a free exe. file to get around the obsolete Securom DRM that was used 17 years ago when the game was first released. Maybe it might be more correct to say that it's like Freelancer if that game had been set in an imaginary space outlaw redneck trucker universe.

I see that Rebel Galaxy is now available on Steam. However, it's still selling at its original issue price of $30. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of it since I've probably played through the game 3 or 4 times now. It's presently one of my sandbox games. It can be played with a gamepad, a HOTAS, or a mouse and keyboard. I chose the latter so that's another reason it reminds me of Freelancer. It's getting mixed reviews on Steam (67% positive--33% negative) Count me in the positive--I'd definitely give it a 7 and maybe even an 8 for what it is. I may do a mini-review in the space game forum when I can make the time.

Cheers

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
#4553621 - 01/25/21 10:20 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
I've been playing The Saboteur again on my PC...I've never finished it...this time for sure!

I have a long HDMI cord and long controller cord and play it on my TV from the couch. It looks pretty good for a 2009 game. I dig the atmosphere in this title.

Here's some pics from when I was playing in 2011:

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3484762/Re_Lets_talk_sabotage.html

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4553626 - 01/25/21 11:15 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Force10]  
Mark Aisthorpe Offline
Crazy Courier
Mark Aisthorpe  Offline
Crazy Courier

London UK
Originally Posted by Force10
I've been playing The Saboteur again on my PC...I've never finished it...this time for sure!

I have a long HDMI cord and long controller cord and play it on my TV from the couch. It looks pretty good for a 2009 game. I dig the atmosphere in this title.

Here's some pics from when I was playing in 2011:

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3484762/Re_Lets_talk_sabotage.html

That was a pretty cool game.
Unfortunately its impossible to 100% it as it was released unfinished when they shut the developers down frown
If I remember correctly there's a castle near the middle of the map that you can get a peak that there's stuff inside but you cant get in, I tried everything but never could find a way in.

Asus Maximus XI Hero
i9-9900K
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
Corsair H115i
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Evolv X
Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
Win 10
#4553631 - 01/26/21 12:36 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mark Aisthorpe]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted by Mark Aisthorpe

That was a pretty cool game.
Unfortunately its impossible to 100% it as it was released unfinished when they shut the developers down frown
If I remember correctly there's a castle near the middle of the map that you can get a peak that there's stuff inside but you cant get in, I tried everything but never could find a way in.

Maybe somebody has figured it out by now...I'll have to check that out!

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

Page 12 of 64 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 63 64

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.