Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
#4552891 - 01/20/21 02:34 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Have to get back to my WH2 Empire campaign, DCS seems to be sucking my free time lately.
I agree, the Wood Elves mechanics seem kinda cool. I took advantage of the last sale to grab the WE DLC for WH1 so when I eventually pick up this latest one I'll have all the WE content.
Because that's just how I roll!

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4552937 - 01/20/21 06:17 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'm on Warhammer hiatus too. I'll pick this one up eventually, but I got lots of gaming plates spinning at the mo, so it'll have to wait.

I think we might see WH3 within a year or so.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4552941 - 01/20/21 06:29 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
So many games, so little time....

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
-Robert Heinlein
#4552943 - 01/20/21 06:50 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Troodat.

And more all the time

#4553578 - 01/25/21 06:53 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Off topic, but I jut noticed that Cheyenne is now a former member, shown as unregistered. Anyone know why? Too bad, he's one of the good ones. We share similar tastes in gaming and I'll miss his posts. He gifted me a copy of Grigsby's War in the East which I liked very much and ended up doing a long AAR on here at SimHQ.

Not sure why or where you've gone mate, but happy trails.

#4554737 - 02/03/21 05:34 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY

-Robert Heinlein
#4554743 - 02/03/21 06:02 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
And it's not Epic Exclusive! (Yet)

Looking forward to this one.

#4554829 - 02/04/21 01:57 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Concept art and renders, but revealing all the same

#4554832 - 02/04/21 02:17 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by DBond
And it's not Epic Exclusive! (Yet)

Looking forward to this one.

My gut feeling is that CA regrets making Troy an Epic exclusive so I don't think they'll make that mistake again.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4554834 - 02/04/21 02:35 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Probably right Panzer. I want WH3 on Steam, so hopefully it doesn't change when and if Epic dangles buckets of cash in front of CA's offices.

Time's running out to try WH2 before we've all moved on to WH3. Any chance you'll give it a go?

And for anyone interested in Warhammer, don't forget the new game will have a new campaign, like Mortal Empires, but stitching all three games --including the maps and all factions -- together in one massive, epic, sprawling, fantabulous campaign. You gotta own all three games, not installed, just owned. It's going to be awesome, if they don't try to change it up too much and muck up the works.

#4554835 - 02/04/21 02:43 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA

Time's running out to try WH2 before we've all moved on to WH3. Any chance you'll give it a go?

In fact I was planning on trying it out this coming weekend. If I do I'll give you my input on whether I like it or not.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4554841 - 02/04/21 03:03 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
OK, hope you like it! If you need any faction recommendations, hints or tips just post 'em up.

#4558200 - 03/01/21 02:50 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
I was originally gonna pass this up since I'm still having tons of fun with WH1 and 2's Mortal Empires campaigns, but the word on the street is they'll just add on to the map in the east and make an even bigger, grander map. If that's true, I will probably buy it when it comes out.

#4558203 - 03/01/21 03:11 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The word on the street is also the word three posts up. Haha, but agreed, it will be epic!

Guess Panzer never gave it a go. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained, literally. I'm gonna let that one go.

#4570010 - 05/26/21 05:17 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
A good time to assess the state of Warhammer 3 I think, well, based on what little I know so far. A firm date has not been set, so not sure how long before release, only that it is slated to come out in 2021. Details are limited, but for those of us that play Warhammer I think that's OK, we know what to expect in a broad sense. This is a winning formula that has made CA gobs of cash and I don't expect much in the way of innovation or drastic changes. If it ain't broke and all...

But what we do know are the new races. And frankly I am not excited about them, other than as potential enemies (and occasionally, allies). My take on each:

Kislev -- Meh. These are the guys who say "kizzzlev" every time you click on them to annoy me. Essentially an analogue to Russia, this is the faction that never agrees to any deal, ever. Or so it seems. In Mortal Empires, they are in a perfectly lousy location, the first speed bump for the Chaos invasion, in lands that are barren, cold, dark and devoid of any redeeming feature. On an appeal scale of one to Jessica Alba, Kislev is a Bette Midler.

Dark Gods of Chaos -- I've never played a Chaos faction. These dudes are the tainted darkness, and while I've never shied away from questionable factions of ill repute, Chaos is just too far over the edge. I want to kill them, not be them. But I also once said that about Skaven and Vampire Coast, and look at me now. So jury's still out on this one, and may come down to the campaign, the mechanics and how Chaos rolls.

Ogre Kingdoms -- Honestly I don't know enough (who does?). They have the potential to be very cool and fun to play. They worship a hole in the ground, so they have that going for them, which is nice? In name of all that is holey? Guess time will tell. I hope I dig their vibe, as without them in my list I am running out of reasons to buy the WH3 lol.

Chaos Dwarfs -- Yes, dwarfs, not dwarves. OK, I can get behind this one, evil dwarfs. Rumor has it they will have some sort of crafting, engineering or similar, mechanics which I've enjoyed in other factions with them, such as Clan Skryre and Tomb Kings. So I can see finding something to like with this one.

Cathay -- Warhammer's China, with a mythological vibe. Based on mostly nothing, I am thinking this will be the one I gravitate to in WH3. I expect dragons, magic and gunpowder, a tantalizing cocktail of awesome. I may be disappointed in the end, or have a very skewed vision from reality, but I reckon this one will be my favorite. I like strong and diverse ranged options in any TW title and I'm guessing Cathay will fill that role for me.

Rumor has it there is a hobgoblin race/faction too, but it is unconfirmed by CA. Greenskins fall in my 'least favorite factions' bucket, and while there is no guarantee this faction would be similar, I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Those are all I am aware of so far, and surprises may be in store. And none of this takes in to account the new campaign(s), starting locations, map changes, unique mechanics and bonuses of individual factions and more that may have a telling effect on the new races and factions. It's more like my reaction to them as seen through the lens of WH2.

#4570044 - 05/26/21 09:31 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY

On an appeal scale of one to Jessica Alba, Kislev is a Bette Midler.

So where should I send the cleaning bill for my monitor and keyboard?

-Robert Heinlein
#4570117 - 05/27/21 12:20 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Sorry 'bout that smile

I had read an article some time ago about a new battle type. Not sure how it is integrated in to the campaign, but they were called survival battles I think, and you had to capture several points in order to summon a boss at the end. The enemy force was much larger than usual, wave after wave, but their troop quality was lowered, resulting in a massive pile of dead enemies.

I plan to get WH3, but I will probably wait at first, to see what the player base reaction is.

#4570136 - 05/27/21 02:20 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Sorry 'bout that smile

I had read an article some time ago about a new battle type. Not sure how it is integrated in to the campaign, but they were called survival battles I think, and you had to capture several points in order to summon a boss at the end. The enemy force was much larger than usual, wave after wave, but their troop quality was lowered, resulting in a massive pile of dead enemies.

I plan to get WH3, but I will probably wait at first, to see what the player base reaction is.

My guess is it's the special battles that pop up or WH3's version of the Vortex stuff.

#4570137 - 05/27/21 02:28 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Could be, but I will say I think these will be like WH 2's quest battles, or occupy that sort of space within the campaign.

#4570945 - 06/04/21 12:28 PM Re: TW: Warhammer 2 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Having finished a couple of campaigns in Rome 2 I was looking to stick with Total War, but something different from ancient Rome. I noticed on Steam there is yet another sale, this for Warhammer stuff, so I had a look. There isn't much I don't have for WH2, but there are a couple DLCs I had yet to buy. In the end, having run the rule over my options, I chose the Hunter and the Beast DLC . I'm not so interested in the Lizard side of this one, though maybe I will play it down the line. But the Empire faction sure seemed fun.

The faction is The Huntsmarshall's Expedition, with Markus Wulfhart as the faction leader. In the Vortex campaign, they have an alternative campaign like most of the DLC factions do. Recruitment is limited, but as you expand and fulfill objectives, the Elector Counts send reinforcements and in this way you can get the best units.They are also based in Lustria, which seemed a neat shift from the usual starting region for Empire factions. Lots of lizards, vampires and other foul creatures in this area. The main objective is to fulfill these objectives for the Emperor's Mandate, culminating in a final showdown against Nakai the Wanderer, who is probably pretty tough smile

So I thought it sounded interesting, with unique mechanics I have yet to see, and a new starting area and foes, with a campaign different from any other, although several factions do have alternative Vortex campaigns heading toward a climactic battle at the end.

One cool thing about this faction is they have a lot of units with Vanguard deployment, allowing some cool twists on battles. Stalkers, archers, deception and stealth, plus the usual Empire roster which is balanced and strong. Empire is the most 'traditional' faction, and a lot of fun to play.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.