Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 228 of 384 1 2 226 227 228 229 230 383 384
#4552819 - 01/19/21 08:58 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? *** [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

We have watch it and it's trash. That's our opinion. Respect ours and we respect yours. Everyone different.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4552830 - 01/19/21 11:07 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Forward Observer Offline
Forward Observer  Offline

Central Arkansas,US of A
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
We have watch it and it's trash. That's our opinion. Respect ours and we respect yours. Everyone different.

So, your response is simply an empty and dishonest attempt at nothing more than gainsaying.

You failed to answer any of my questions and offer nothing to back up your opinion. You also provide no proof that you watched a movie that's only available with a subscription to a site you've probably never even heard of---with the only alternative that you downloaded it illegally. Then you have the gall to ask me to respect your opinion. Sheesh!

To the mods: Can I call someone a "numpty" here without getting banned?

P.S. get a fricken grammer check program.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
#4552834 - 01/19/21 11:51 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

You also provide no proof that you watched a movie that's only available with a subscription to a site you've probably never even heard of-

We have seen the movie, legally from the site that you must think you are the only person in the USA who knows it and no, we are not Democrats. You must think we are Democrats so we wouldn't know or should know the Daily Wire site. You want to talk about illegal? Someone here watched Wonder Woman 84 illegally https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads....es-in-theaters-and-on-hbo-ma#Post4550054 but you don't call them out afterward. https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads....es-in-theaters-and-on-hbo-ma#Post4549816
Not like him, we watch it on HBO Max. Also the Expanse every week, we have Amazon Prime. The Servant on Apple +, we have Apple +. Mandalorian, we have Disney. We also pay for internet and we also have Netflix.

Originally Posted by Forward Observer

The person who cannot spell is giving grammatical advice.

#4552841 - 01/20/21 01:12 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Forward Observer Offline

Central Arkansas,US of A
You also provide no proof that you watched a movie that's only available with a subscription to a site you've probably never even heard of-

Don't assume. You know what happens to you when you do. Again, we have seen the movie, legally from the site that you must think you are the only person in the USA who knows it and no, we are not Democrats. You must think we are Democrats so we wouldn't know or should know the Daily Wire site. You want to talk about illegal? Someone here watched Wonder Woman 84 illegally https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads....es-in-theaters-and-on-hbo-ma#Post4550054 but you don't call them out afterward. https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads....es-in-theaters-and-on-hbo-ma#Post4549816
Not like him, we watch it on HBO Max. Also the Expanse every week, we have Amazon Prime. The Servant on Apple +, we have Apple +. Mandalorian, we have Disney. We also pay for internet and we also have Netflix.

The person who cannot spell is giving grammatical advice.

I didn't assume anything other than what one might from your avoidance to answer my questions directly. I asked you directly how you were able to watch the movie since it was only streaming from a conservative news site and you didn't answer. Another poster mentioned that it might be available on PB. I find it quite strange that you constantly link stuff from Youtube and other news sources but have never done so from this particular news website that you now claim to subscribe to. Can you name any other movies you have watched on that site?

I then challenged your opinion about the movie as did others indirectly and all you did was to cherry-pick a few questionable bad reviews from IMDB. That's just lazy and no explanation at all.

I also don't care whether some other poster watched a movie illegally or not since that has nothing to do with this conversation. That and everything else---including all the other places you do subscribe to is totally irrelevant.

You still haven't given one relevant reason why you think the movie is trash. Not one! Because of this, I'm still not convinced you have seen it. Otherwise, it would have been very simple for you to offer some personal opinions to back up your "it's trash" statement. But no, you've managed to purposely do everything but that.

This is a pointless one-sided debate since you've done little besides obfuscate and post mostly irrelevant strawman responses.

P.S. I don't use a dedicated spell check anymore and started using Grammarly which is supposed to do both. Oddly, it didn't catch me misspelling the word grammar in the last post. However, your lack of punctuation and grammar is pretty consistent.

Consider me done here.

#4552842 - 01/20/21 01:20 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

#4552850 - 01/20/21 03:11 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Watched 10 part show City On A Hill. Pretty good.

#4553141 - 01/22/21 09:25 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

https://www.amazon.com/Silence-Lambs-Jodie-Foster/dp/B002CMORTE GROSS! I have a yucky feeling in my stomach. This was best picture and best director!! They pick this trash instead of the flawless masterpiece Terminator 2 in that same year. The Oscars people gave Terminator 2 the middle finger. It deserve best picture and best director and best actress. All the boring films they pick over Terminator 2 https://www.imdb.com/event/ev0000003/1992/1 Playing games is whayt Oscars is good for.

#4553151 - 01/22/21 11:44 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I need to find a really large troll graphic that I can start posting here on SimHQ.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4553158 - 01/22/21 12:17 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK
https://www.amazon.com/Silence-Lambs-Jodie-Foster/dp/B002CMORTE GROSS! I have a yucky feeling in my stomach. This was best picture and best director!! They pick this trash instead of the flawless masterpiece Terminator 2 in that same year. The Oscars people gave Terminator 2 the middle finger. It deserve best picture and best director and best actress. All the boring films they pick over Terminator 2 https://www.imdb.com/event/ev0000003/1992/1 Playing games is whayt Oscars is good for.

Oh come on. Terminator 2 is a great film. But SOTL deserved that win and if you can't see it for a masterpiece of film-making I would suggest keeping your opinions to yourself. I would think the reason you don't like the film is it isn't age appropriate for you. This is fine but I don't really want to read your opinions on films you are not old enough to legally watch.

#4553280 - 01/22/21 08:54 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Silence of the Lambs is an excellent film.

#4553290 - 01/22/21 10:22 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
semmern Online content
Veteran
semmern  Online Content
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I need to find a really large troll graphic that I can start posting here on SimHQ.

Here you go:

[Linked Image]

This is the Troll A oil platform, currently sitting in the North Sea. The largest moveable object ever, it was towed to its spot like this, then gradually lowered onto the sea floor. The seafloor on which it sits is at a depth of 1000 ft, and the whole structure is 1548 ft high. So there you go, Panzer, a picture of a really large Troll wink

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#4553294 - 01/22/21 10:54 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
oldgrognard Online content
Administrator
oldgrognard  Online Content
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Just watched “God and Generals”. How could a movie associated with the great “Gettysburg” stink so badly ?

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4553299 - 01/22/21 11:12 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Thanks OG, was thinking of watching it. Saved me the headache.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4553303 - 01/22/21 11:45 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: oldgrognard]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by oldgrognard
Just watched “God and Generals”. How could a movie associated with the great “Gettysburg” stink so badly ?

What did you dislike about it? Personally I liked it quite a lot but I do remember reading many critics reviews saying that the monologue speeches in the movie seemed to drone on and on forever.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4553304 - 01/22/21 11:47 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA
It was long, plodding and had lots not to like. You keep wanting it to get better, but it doesn’t. Then you just want it to be over.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4553308 - 01/23/21 12:39 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: oldgrognard]  
Forward Observer Offline

Central Arkansas,US of A
Originally Posted by oldgrognard

I totally agree that the second movie was a stinker.

Both movies were based on books which in effect were sort of a trilogy. The first book "The Killer Angels" was a 1974 Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Michael Shaara. Shaara took the historical battle of Gettysburg and put it into novel form. In other words, he didn't bombard the reader with tactical maneuvers and counter maneuvers. He made it into a narrative as told by many, if not most, of the interesting players--Lee, Longstreet, Pickett, Chamberlain, Buford, Hancock, etc. He tries to read their thoughts and create the most likely dialog between them. He does include simple maps at the start of each section so one has a good picture of what is happening.

It's literally one of the easiest and most fascinating reads of a complex battle that one can attempt. The director Ron Maxwell took the dialog from the book and used it almost verbatim as the screenplay and script for the movie.

After Michael Shaara's death, his son Jeff took up the mantle and wrote two more books. Gods and Generals was the prequel to Gettysburg and "The Last Full Measure" is the sequel. Having read them all and still having the original hardbound editions, I just started re-reading the trilogy before the holidays.
I am just about halfway through the 3rd book again. Just in the middle of the battle of the Wilderness. The first book is still the best of the lot since it is simply about one pivotable battle of the war while the other two books cover almost all of the rest of the war that took place in the area of Virginia.

"The Killer Angels" title, which comes from a conversation that Chamberlain has with his sergeant, is still the best of the three. However, the "Gods and Generals" book is not that bad either, but it encompasses most of the high points in Virginia from the start of the war up until just before Gettysburg. It's digestible in a book form but then that's a lot of ACW history, which is pretty hard to cram into a single movie and keep the viewer entertained.

After the modest success of "Gettysburg," Ted Turner intended to make a trilogy using the other two books with Gods and Generals being next. However, this time Ron Maxwell was evidently given too much leeway in adapting the novel to movie form. He interjected a bit too much "lost cause" and melodramatic homelife stuff that was not in the book. He needlessly included several impossibly unrealistic "happy slave" characters that were not in the book. He also made the segment about Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson's death after being accidentally shot by his own men, so unbearably maudlin that it was almost impossible to watch. Stephen Lang who played Jackson is a great character actor but sometimes too much of a good thing is still too much. Lang played Pickett in Gettysburg.

On the other hand, while Robert Duvall is a great actor and bears a remarkable resemblance to Lee in the movie, he seemed too subdued and reserved like he was doped up on Valium. While I still question the choice of Martin Sheen as Lee in the first movie, I think he did a much better job of bringing Lee's character to life than Duvall did.

The second movie was so poorly received that Ted Turner gave up his dream of doing a movie trilogy and of course, in today's climate, such a movie would never get made.

Cheers

#4553313 - 01/23/21 01:04 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA
“ He interjected a bit too much "lost cause" and melodramatic homelife stuff that was not in the book. He needlessly included several impossibly unrealistic "happy slave" characters that were not in the book. He also made the segment about Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson's death after being accidentally shot by his own men, so unbearably maudlin that it was almost impossible to watch. Stephen Lang who played Jackson is a great character actor but sometimes too much of a good thing is still too much. Lang played Pickett in Gettysburg.”

Boy you wrote my thoughts exactly. I would add that while some of the uniform accuracy really was good, there was a complete disjointed feel of to the battles that gave no feel to what was happening and how it fit overall. Whole thing was over focused on the Southern side.

#4553336 - 01/23/21 10:15 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
BD-123 Offline
Old Scroat
BD-123  Offline
Old Scroat

Naunton Beauchamp Worcestershi...
I don't know if I've gone a bit doolally in our current lockdown, but I'm reading and watching 'The Stand' in parallel; that is the book, 1994 and 2020 TV versions.
I feel the 1994 version has better characterisation and casting of most of the principle characters especially Flagg, Mother Abigail (Whoppee Goldberg, though a great actor, looks too healthy for an 106 year-old woman!) and Nadine. Nadine is blond in the current version; surely the long black hair struck with pure white is a key element of the character in the book! The actress in the 1994 version has the strange ethereal beauty more faithful to the tome's description.
Thrashy hasn't appeared in the new here yet series yet.

#4553441 - 01/24/21 04:10 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Forward Observer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
in today's climate, such a movie would never get made.

Cheers

Only a Civil War movie like "Glory" could be made today but it would have to leave out the "N" word of course.

#4554516 - 02/01/21 10:56 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Watched the first season of Fauda on Netflix. Israeli spy/counter terrorism unit story. I liked it, it does require some subtitle reading though. There are 2 more seasons, I will be checking them out as well.

Page 228 of 384 1 2 226 227 228 229 230 383 384

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.