Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37
#4551808 - 01/11/21 04:11 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

3. This is not a bug but an observation I made about the Delamain corporate HQ. If it indeed is a fully automated company then why were there bathrooms and snack machines beyond the front lobby customer area?

Delamain was a human operated company before it was taken over by an AI.

4. The economics of Night City make no sense. So all food and drink is super expensive but yet I see people out in the street eating and drinking all the time. I also find it hilarious how you can have a gunfight between cops and criminals in one city block and people less than 100 feet away are acting as if nothing is happening.

Basic food in the Cyperpunk universe isn't all that precious, at least outside of the badlands, but decent food is, especially anything that's not synthetically produced.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4551815 - 01/11/21 04:25 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for those explanations Crane. It makes sense now.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4551837 - 01/11/21 05:41 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
What's the verdict a month after release?

Performance improved, major quests finished, or should I still wait?

I have it sitting in my GOG library, but I want to experience a somewhat polished game when I dig in...

I got the game just before Christmas and within ~2 weeks put in ~160h for my first run through the main story wacky (lonely Christmas vacation due to lockdown left me with nothing else to disturb me...)

Running it on a 3 years old PC (i7 7700K, OC'd 1080, 16GB SRAM, system and game running from M2 SSD). Running it on medium to high settings in 2K on a 4K monitor.
I had a few CTDs, usually after the game ran stable for many hours.

No major and esp. no real main quest troubles.
There are certainly some quirks like the mentioned traffic jams etc., interesting features that were cut between some press presentations and the release (like some body mods don't have features like scaling walls with blades, or opening doors with gorilla arms), ... I also suspect that at least for some side missions there might have been more planned.

Now the tricky question is, how much of that stuff will be really addressed in future updates.

Regarding replay value, when you put so much time into the first replay as I did, you will have seen a lot of it already, and many repetetive things way too often (like the hacking game). That doesn't mean that I have seen everything or done every gig and whatever else - by far not, but I am not sure how long I can take it to stumble upon something that I haven't seen yet.
You can take a different career start for a marginal change in the beginning, go for different skill builds (I went full Intelligence and fairly early I could quickhack "one-shot" most fixer gigs and police reports). I can't be sure as I didn't read up on it, but it seems that most of the fundamental decisions that will influence the final endings that you can get are also made at the end of the game. I had a 3-way choice, and within my pick another 2-way decision. I can imagine that one of the options in the 3-way choice is depending on completing a certain sidequest in a specific way.
I don't want to reload to try the other routes, but I am also not sure whether I want to go through the many repetitive actions and one-dimensional quests again and again to see all the different ending...

What I foresee is some big room for DLCs/expansions/spin-offs within Night City and beyond. The lore that they build up is huge and interesting. Despite some issues I had a lot of fun with it so far, and I foresee plenty more to come.

#4551841 - 01/11/21 06:08 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: WhoCares]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by WhoCares

You can take a different career start for a marginal change in the beginning, .

If I understand correctly, you are saying that the "prelude" part of the game isn't really that different between Corpo, Street Kid and Nomad?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4551844 - 01/11/21 06:34 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
My quick take is that the game is maybe 25% genius, and the rest is a cringey Polish joke, however that 25% is compelling enough to want to give them another chance as far as future content and sequels.

#4551866 - 01/11/21 08:29 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil

If I understand correctly, you are saying that the "prelude" part of the game isn't really that different between Corpo, Street Kid and Nomad?

corpo you land from a plane into the slut bar, talk, talk go bad, start game
badlands, you fix your car, go to antena, find jack, go to customs,cheese, sorry i mean chase sequence, start game
street kid, you talk to bad man, bad man offer job (cant refuse),do job, meet jack, bad stuff,start game

nomad is the longest but not really. but is the one that makes most sense meeting jackie.

#4551870 - 01/11/21 08:48 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

I played two starts, as Corpo and as Nomad.

You start either as Arasaka Counter-Intel employee or as Nomad in the Badlands.
As Corpo you get busted trying to betray your boss-boss, fired and Jackie saves you from getting flatlined ...
As Nomad you are doing a smuggling job with Jackie that brings you to NC.

After both you get the same or similar to make no difference cutscene covering the next months that establishes you as Merc Team with Jackie, and drops you at the mission to rescue the lady in the bathtub.
From there on it's all the same with the occasional special chat option depending on the start that you picked. While these obviously reflect your starting background, and I always tried to pick that option to continue, they don't really seem to alter the flow of the story.

#4551873 - 01/11/21 09:17 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Cyberpunk has been downgraded to the PS1. Grab it while you can.

#4551890 - 01/11/21 10:35 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I finished the game. Got 134 hours out of it, level 40. I went 20 in to reflexes and 20 in to tech. This was a good combo for me. Got a little more than half the achievements, but none of the ones requiring completion of all gigs and hustles. Either some gigs went undiscovered/triggered or I somehow failed some without realizing, maybe through expiration. It's funny but I fired a total of six revolver rounds in my run. During a mission I stepped out on to a balcony and a dude down below lobbed a grenade up at me. I swapped to a revolver and did it again. He lobbed another grenade and I fired from the hip, missing the first and exploding the grenade on the second and getting the gunslinger one. Later I used a revolver to fire four more rounds for gun fu. Those were the only two times I used a revolver.

I went with tech weapons for the most part, and was crafting them in the second half of the game. One of the perks allows tech weapons to bypass armor and that's pretty OP. The crafting overall was OK I guess. At least it made it so I could use the same weapons through most of the run.

I want to modify my comments earlier about the vehicles. Not as bad as I said. The models and artwork are really well done and there are some cool concepts. The engine sounds are great. I still didn't have fun driving in this game, but the vehicles themselves are pretty cool.

I romanced Panam and got the Star ending, and if you know the endings you know the basic path I chose, and if you don't then nothing is spoiled. Overall I liked cyberpunk. It wasn't the game I was hoping it would be. There are things I don't like, but I found enough there to keep me going through to the finish.

You guys were talking about life paths and I chose street kid. But as mentioned it really doesn't have an effect. A bit disappointing really. Why couldnt I start with more street cred or gain it faster? Get discounts in certain neighborhoods? Have a exclusive fence or access to certain weapons? It just means some optional dialog choices in the end. As a result it adds nothing to replayability aside from a different opening couple of hours. There's not enough left for me to give it another go, one and done. But maybe some DLC will see me return. I'm happy I played and finished cyberpunk, but I'm left wishing it was more than it was.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4551895 - 01/11/21 11:17 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I keep smirking whenever I hear “Panam” because it reminds me of the long defunct Miami-based airline.

#4551896 - 01/11/21 11:19 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Uff DBond, knowing your opinions on W3 and DOSII, and having found myself usually feeling very similar, that's not too encouraging.

What did they actually fail to get right on this title, to make it a true gem?

Is the story too meh, is the world not built well, is the gameplay loop just average, or is it technical problems that kill the experience?

BTW, I wonder how much the drama around this release will delay the Witcher 3 DX12 version. I suppose it's the same engine and a lot of the same coders involved, and yet I'm really looking forward to a visual upgrade for that game.

#4551899 - 01/11/21 11:43 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
BTW, I wonder how much the drama around this release will delay the Witcher 3 DX12 version. I suppose it's the same engine and a lot of the same coders involved, and yet I'm really looking forward to a visual upgrade for that game.

Me too. I quit playing it and am waiting for the upgrade to come out before finishing it.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4551902 - 01/11/21 11:48 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Same here, I have my first very early NG+ going (just arrived in Velen) and then stopped as I heard about the upgrade coming.

#4551905 - 01/12/21 12:35 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Uff DBond, knowing your opinions on W3 and DOSII, and having found myself usually feeling very similar, that's not too encouraging.

Is the story too meh, is the world not built well, is the gameplay loop just average, or is it technical problems that kill the experience?

To me Cyberpunk feels like an alpha build, something that was very hurriedly finished in a makeshift fashion, with gameplay and features being "placeholder" level.

#4551906 - 01/12/21 12:46 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
I think I'm going to be skipping this, I doubt they have the money to fix this game.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
#4551908 - 01/12/21 12:57 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee

Good question, not sure if I can put my finger on it. It's a good game in my view and as I said earlier in the thread perhaps my expectations were unreasonable. As I am fond of saying I try to judge games by what they are, not what they aren't. But Cyberpunk crosses the line a bit, partly due to unrealized developer information, and partly due to the effect a long wait has on my imagination. I don't know. So many little ways I could see it improved. For example, how fleshed out the world is. I can't find a pick-up race anywhere. or a game of basketball. I can't go down to the pub to shoot pool or darts, or pinball. No shooting range, or skeet/trap. Can't catch a fish, or modify my vehicles. Nothing to do with my apartment or walk around my garage admiring my collection. All of this is what Cyberpunk isn't, which in a sense isn't a fair criticism. But it points at least at how little there is to do really aside from the scripted stuff. The scripted stuff by the way is very good on the whole, and for me carried Cyberpunk. GTA for example does a much better job with this world building stuff. As we've talked about, the fantastic Night City is really only a stage, where as soon as you outflank it, it's revealed to be a 2D prop, without depth.

But that's good enough. I feel I more than got my money's worth. My disappointment, if I should call it that, is rooted in what I hoped the game would be, which is on me. My math was too simple. The equation looked like this

(People who made Witcher 3) + (huge budget) x unlimited dev time = best game eva

This time it didn't quite work out that way. I keep thinking of other games I might compare it too. The one I keep coming back to is Mankind Divided. Not in a gameplay sense, but in where it falls in the hierarchy of RPGs. It's a good game by most accounts and delivers a good experience. But it wasn't the game I hoped it would be. It surely wasn't a far better Deus Ex with a bigger budget and the benefit of time and technology. It was just a good game. It didn't take perhaps the greatest RPG to date and shift the paradigm. It was just a good game. Like Cyberpunk.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4551915 - 01/12/21 01:31 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted by Timothy
I think I'm going to be skipping this, I doubt they have the money to fix this game.

Well the good news I guess is that it seemingly wouldn't a whole lot of improvement to massively improve the experience.

The addition of something actually resembling AI, better police mechanics and a faction system alone would make a world of difference.

#4551918 - 01/12/21 01:36 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
most of the team that made witcher 3 left cyberpunk last year......this is anthem all over again, if i had followed news closer to this game i would never had purchased it.
i immensely regret, i was between this and valhalla, but i caved for my ghost in the shell similitude cravings......honestly had they not lied.....it would had been not bad. i was not expecting so much like some people, but they flat out lied about a bunch of stuff that didnt make into the game, there is a whole compilation on reddit........also everyone talks about console as if pc port is pretty great.....its a unoptmized mess......the difference is that it is playable mess....guess that makes it okay to release it.

#4551972 - 01/12/21 11:33 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Many thanks DBond and Crane Hunter, I think I'm getting a better picture now.

It seems pretty clear (and the Devs stated as much, IIRC) that they were afraid of doing another "too long" game like W3 with "too much side content" and so from what I gather from a lot of what people write, this is more a "go there and do this" game than the crazy living world from W3.

I'll wait for some 1.07 version to hit GOG and then make the download.

#4551973 - 01/12/21 11:43 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter

To me Cyberpunk feels like an alpha build, something that was very hurriedly finished in a makeshift fashion, with gameplay and features being "placeholder" level.

I think saying it feels like an alpha build is not accurate and even saying it's a beta build would be unfair in my opinion. I can only speak for the PC version but Cyberpunk is really no different from several previous games I've played where the game works just fine 90% of the time and it is simply a case of requiring multiple patches. How many updates have there been for all of the Bethesda RPG's? A lot.

Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.