Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4550376 - 01/01/21 03:49 AM Greetings from a new WOFF player! Also a question about a possible bug.  
LvAicha Offline
LvAicha  Offline

Hi all! I picked up this game a few days ago and have been more or less marathoning my first career since then. Suffice it to say that I'm very happy with my purchase. This game is pretty much everything I could wask for in a World War I flight sim (save perhaps for the ability to fly a Junkers J.I, but hey, nothing's perfect XD). Looking forward to many, many hours of fun and excitement!

I do have a question about a potential bug with the mission generator though. My current career is with FA(A) 292b, who at the early stage of the war I'm in is running predominantly recon and artillery spotting missions. I've noticed that when assigned a recon flight we usually end up monitoring a specific point on the frontline which is being constantly hammered by friendly artillery, but when we go artillery spotting we usually fly along a longer length of the front where very few or no shells are falling. I'm no great expert, but to my mind it seems like this should be reversed. Is this as the missions are supposed to be or did the mission descriptions and gameplay get "crosswired" somehow? If they're wrong then is there a way to fix it?

Ultimately recon and spotting missions are largely the same anyway, and what's going on on the ground is mostly window dressing, but it's those little touches that really add fidelity to me where immersion is concerned. Any insight here would be much appreciated!

Thank you all for your time! It's great to be a part of this game and community. smile

#4550378 - 01/01/21 04:04 AM Re: Greetings from a new WOFF player! Also a question about a possible bug. [Re: LvAicha]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to WOFF LvAlcha!

You will find the members of this forum exceedingly helpful and friendly.

It might be helpful if you identified whether or not you are running any mods or just stock WOFF.when you are flying those two mission types.

Best Regards

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4550386 - 01/01/21 08:18 AM Re: Greetings from a new WOFF player! Also a question about a possible bug. [Re: LvAicha]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by LvAicha
I'm no great expert, but to my mind it seems like this should be reversed.

Welcome!
I too have noticed the same thing, and also though for a long time that the two mission behaviours are possibly reversed. Perhaps this will get a 'look' with the upcoming update? Others will hopefully chime in with their opinion.
Cheers!

#4550387 - 01/01/21 08:43 AM Re: Greetings from a new WOFF player! Also a question about a possible bug. [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
LvAicha Offline
LvAicha  Offline

Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins
It might be helpful if you identified whether or not you are running any mods or just stock WOFF.when you are flying those two mission types.

I am running no mods whatsoever. Just the latest version of WOFF PE and all the official skin packs.

#4550400 - 01/01/21 01:44 PM Re: Greetings from a new WOFF player! Also a question about a possible bug. [Re: LvAicha]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Welcome aboard LvAicha, you are in for many, many enjoyable hours of WOFFy goodness! That little glitch has been mentioned before, and as Scout noted perhaps the devs will address it in the upcoming massive rework of our much-beloved WWI combat flight sim. If not, just consider it part of the whole fog of war thing WOFF is so good at capturing.

Watch your six, and more importantly, new lads buy the drinks! cheers

Cheers,

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4550411 - 01/01/21 05:43 PM Re: Greetings from a new WOFF player! Also a question about a possible bug. [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
LvAicha Offline
LvAicha  Offline

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert
Watch your six, and more importantly, new lads buy the drinks!

But of course. First round's on me lads!

Thanks for the info to both you and 77_Scout! Whether it gets fixed or not the game is still fantastic; I'm just thrilled that someone was willing to put so much clear effort and passion into what they must have known was an ultra-niche title.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford