Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4550188 - 12/30/20 09:07 AM Re: EE 2 on W7 64-bit? [Re: Johnost]  
diesel Offline
diesel  Offline

Hi Everyone,

I got EE2 running well on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit machine following bits and pieces of advise and adding my own fixes.

DEC 12,2020

EE2 on Windows 7 (success on two machines)

******* SCREEN RES FIX **************

Hello Johnost,
I to have Win 7 x64 and did the compatibility, and run as administrator thingy, didn't think of tuning off the UAC. But, really the issue is much simpler then I thought. I have a widescreen 1680x1050 resolution monitor and I did this little trick with some stubborn games and they worked. Here's the little magic trick that I did. I just changed the resolution of Windows resolution screen to 1024x768, and then started the game. It runs perfect and I haven't installed any patches. The Game will automatically set itself at a higher resolution. I hope this works for you.
Draven

DEC 28, 2020 TPlummer

Latitude Windows 7 Pro 64bit: installed from CD setup.exe (XP SP3 compat, wait minutes and it will go in, patched 1.0.2 and ran fine, accept directx 9.0C install. Delete all videos in videos folder, Leave voice recognition prompt up and switch back to game. How to get rid of that?? Vsynch to ON(yes) fixes stuck-to-ground problem on takeoff, probably all these things are related to software timimg loops.

CyberPowerPC Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit:

Previous advise is no good here so start fresh notes:

Copy directory from Latitude, vsynch to ON(Yes), Note slow button response in first menu, click Combat three times fast, this is fixed if you start from one core batch file. In Select gun ship it should be turning slowly at 6 seconds for full turn, if it is faster you will no be able to control the helos. Also install directx 9.0C from stand alone package, dont know if this helps?? Also if you change resolutions immediately exit game and restart.

***************Started 10 times from shortcut and it ran each time*********** so good for now
after all the messing around I would like to play and enjoy this sim.

Install fresh from CD and test extensively. Delete all videos in videos folder.

#4550191 - 12/30/20 10:40 AM Re: EE 2 on W7 64-bit? [Re: Johnost]  
diesel Offline
diesel  Offline

These are clearer instructions:

I have cleaned up the above instructions and have something which should work:
DEC 30,2020 Thomas Plummer

EE2 on Windows 7 Home Premiumn 64bit

Please read ALL of this first so you know what you are doing.

PREP

-Start setup on CD and you must wait minutes before you see any action, then it will start the install.
-Accept default install location (UAC must be OFF)
-Accept directx 9.0C install
-Patch to 1.0.2
-Delete all videos in videos folder
-Make sure Enemy Engaged 2 desktop shortcut has NO compatabilty mode set

CONFIGURE

-Change the resolution of Windows screen to 1024x768, this lets you start the game.
-Start game: On first start you may get Audio popup error (no audio input device) or something else, close iit and click on the EE2 on task bar to switch back to EE2
-Immediately go into Options
-Set Option-Graphics: VSynch ON, Standard aspect video, and res, (1920x1440 res example of my screen), avoid widescreen choice, causes CTD.
-EXIT the game
-Set Windows res back to where it was

PLAY

-Start game and play

ESSENTIAL NOTES:

***** if you change resolutions (or perhaps ANY option settings, immediately exit game and restart.
***** In Select gun ship it should be turning slowly at 6 seconds for full turn, if it is faster you will not be able to control the helos. Exit game and restart fixes this.
***** you may need to click menu items multiple times to make it work, for instance I have to click Combat 3 times fast before I get in.
****** you may need to install directx 9.0C from stand alone package

TESTING

*************** Started 10 times from shortcut and it ran each time *********** so good for now

WHAT IS FIXED??

stuck and unresponsive cursor, garbled text, missing cursor, gunships spinning too fast in selection screen, gunships uncontrollable, game won't start?

Current problems:

Comanche sometimes gets stuck on the pad, try again.

#4550444 - 01/02/21 09:14 AM Re: EE 2 on W7 64-bit? [Re: Johnost]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
I had no problem with widescreen mode.

If the flight model seems horrible, you didn't effectively change FM to advanced in the ini.

Running EECH2 is more just an exercise in seeing its gorgeous, efficient, modern graphics engine... and trying to get motivated to message companies who might own the rights to it to release the source code. It's otherwise got a lot of stuff wrong with it and was released essentially as an unfinished port to higher-end graphics.

Last edited by Reticuli; 01/02/21 09:36 AM.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#4550498 - 01/02/21 09:52 PM Re: EE 2 on W7 64-bit? [Re: Reticuli]  
PatrykW Offline
PatrykW  Offline

Gillingham

Running EECH2 is more just an exercise in seeing its gorgeous, efficient, modern graphics engine... and trying to get motivated to message companies who might own the rights to it to release the source code. It's otherwise got a lot of stuff wrong with it and was released essentially as an unfinished port to higher-end graphics.[/quote]

Imagine all the mods applied to EECH2. That would be amazing.

#4550506 - 01/02/21 11:03 PM Re: EE 2 on W7 64-bit? [Re: PatrykW]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Originally Posted by PatrykW

Imagine all the mods applied to EECH2. That would be amazing.

Absolutely.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

#4550534 - 01/03/21 05:51 AM Re: EE 2 on W7 64-bit? [Re: Johnost]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

I tried a while ago to get in touch with the last known publisher about getting the source code, and didn't get anywhere with them. I emailed a few of their email addresses, and I think I even sent snail mail, but no response. So either they don't have it, do have it, but don't want to give it out, or just don't care either way. So much time has passed now, that I expect they don't have the code, and only have the executables for distribution.

#4552849 - 01/20/21 03:02 AM Re: EE 2 on W7 64-bit? [Re: Johnost]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Copying over the dyn files from the dynamics folder of EECH 1 (the ones outside it are for FM 2) and then doing my ini tweaks seems to have slightly improved the standard flight model in Desert Ops. The "advanced" FM in EECH 2 I think is just an early version of Werewolf's one without the later improvements. If you don't change the ini or the dyn files, then advanced seems to be an improvement, but with the tweaks, the standard one seems better, though still very inferior to my latest 1.16.2 tweaks. One thing I notice about EECH 2 is also the power curve is a lot earlier and you can taxi easier at a lower torque setting... albeit with not much turning ability. At 30% torque, EECH 1.16.2 should have substantially more power while still keeping its max power limits. However, the overall power max on EECH 2 this way is oddly having a harder time maintaining lift with just one engine even compared to 1.16.2 with dmrl at 0.9. So I guess I have to put EECH 2 lift higher.

Alt + K is bad.

Anyone know how to get time acceleration working?

Last edited by Reticuli; 01/26/21 08:20 PM.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.