#4549958 - 12/28/20 02:59 PM Online game distribution services  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
How many are you using now?

The great majority of my games are on Steam but in addition to Steam I also use Ubisoft Connect (used to be UPlay), Epic and Origin. I have only one game that I currently play on Origin which is SW Battlefront II. On Epic I have Borderlands 3, Zombie Army 4 and Total War Saga: Troy.

The ONLY game I currently have installed which doesn't use any online game distribution service is DCS.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 12/28/20 03:01 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4549960 - 12/28/20 03:07 PM Re: Online game distribution services [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Just Steam and Epic currently. I did have Game Pass just for Sea of Thieves but I found the XBox service to be truly horrible. Wish I'd bought SoT on Steam tbh.

Last edited by Chucky; 12/28/20 03:09 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4549964 - 12/28/20 03:29 PM Re: Online game distribution services [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
How many are you using now?

The great majority of my games are on Steam but in addition to Steam I also use Ubisoft Connect (used to be UPlay), Epic and Origin. I have only one game that I currently play on Origin which is SW Battlefront II. On Epic I have Borderlands 3, Zombie Army 4 and Total War Saga: Troy.

The ONLY game I currently have installed which doesn't use any online game distribution service is DCS.

using or how many i have ? i have

uplay ubisoft connect (to think Sam died for this) , mostly for rainbow six siege, assassin creed series and ghost recon right now
Origin, and EA IS DEAD TO ME, specially after they banned me from bfv for no reason, but claimed i got caught cheating, i never even used cheat engine in single player games! i already bought the titles i cared from them on GoG so i dont have to use them ever again, if they ever relinquish on mass effect saga i will buy it too
GOG Galaxy , wait why do i have this installed again ?
Battle.net (Blizzard) , for rushing through the season pass in the last week in modern warfare because i forgot it with all battle pass in all other games.
Epic Games La- HAHAUHAUHAUH no, just no, keep the freebies coming though
Black desert online - because i wanted to test the CC and it was like 9 bucks....so whatever man, dont judge me.
Rockstar launcher- i didnt ask for this

Steam- Praise be the all-mother for we are blind lambs without her guidance, amen.

as per your question im playing 16 games right now in all of them, i have all my uplay games installed, except the old free ones they gave away, most of my steam collection installed, something like 3/4 of my 370 games but last year i actualyl had all my steam games installed..untill the winter sales....... it was my dream. but its gone now, need a bigger hard drive than 4tb
why ? because i got fiber last year, and who likes downloading games when you want to play them ! i got done in 2 days. but now the resistance remains.
no epic install, dont trust their app, and now i trust even less.

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 12/28/20 03:34 PM.
#4549965 - 12/28/20 03:31 PM Re: Online game distribution services [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

Steam (a few) and GOG mostly, a few independent direct sales.

No U-Play, Origin, Epic..

#4549966 - 12/28/20 03:32 PM Re: Online game distribution services [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for that very entertaining and informative post Blade. smile

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4549968 - 12/28/20 03:39 PM Re: Online game distribution services [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
saghen Online cool
saghen  Online Cool

USA
I have Steam, Origin, Ubisoft Connect, Battle.net for COD, Rockstar Games launcher and Xbox Gamehub or whatever for my game pass trial. So, basically most of them. frown Oh well. That's the price to pay to play these days, I guess.

#4549973 - 12/28/20 03:53 PM Re: Online game distribution services [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Too damned many.

Very annoying.

At least Elite and Star Citizen still can be played without one. Same with DCS, but, I don't play DCS anymore, not until there's a dynamic campaign. BMS doesn't need one either.

Steam
Epic
Gog
Origin
Uplay
Rockstar
etc.

Steam better get with the program, because Tim Sweeney is kicking butt with Epic, deservedly so. He's come a long way from crappy shareware games listed on bulletin boards.

#4549974 - 12/28/20 04:04 PM Re: Online game distribution services [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Too damned many.

Very annoying.

At least Elite and Star Citizen still can be played without one. Same with DCS, but, I don't play DCS anymore, not until there's a dynamic campaign. BMS doesn't need one either.

Steam
Epic
Gog
Origin
Uplay
Rockstar
etc.

Steam better get with the program, because Tim Sweeney is kicking butt with Epic, deservedly so. He's come a long way from crappy shareware games listed on bulletin boards.

DCS is its own launcher, you can even buy from there.
epic is kicking whose butt ? if they ever get exclusive acess to EA like they did with ubi, sure.
the store still suck, their app still suck

#4550202 - 12/30/20 12:30 PM Re: Online game distribution services [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Steam.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.