Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Savage.

Quick question. Have most of these bugs been happening only on the consoles or also on the PC version? I'm asking because I've not run into any of these issues so far in my playthrough.

those spawning stuff and low poly are mostly consoles, although with the latest patch im getting more vehicles poping in and low ppoly to full render cars now........this didnt happen after i fiddled with the file they said change nothing but were quickly to remove........
what almost always happens is you run over ped and they get stuck into the wheel making your car flip over.....that is garanteed.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4549330 - 12/21/20 07:39 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Cyberpunk isn't really the game I thought it would be. But I'm thinking, so what? Is it fun? If it's not just move on. If it fails to live up to your expectations, or promises, or potential or hype, play something else. Come back later, get a refund, or put it on the shelf alongside all of other games you bought that you didn't like. I'm not speaking to anyone in particular, but to all the drama that has arisen from this release. Sucks that it didn't work out on consoles. That was bound to catch up at some point, wasn't it?

On PC it's OK. I've now dropped 50 hours in to the game and have at least dipped my toes in to just about everything Cyberpunk has to offer. I've had some bugs, but still nothing major. Things like getting stuck in scanner mode and can't get out until a reload. Graphics glitches like disappearing and appearing cars and NPCs. It's there if you look for it. Minor stuff. The worst I've seen so far was during a mission. I was tasked with watching a braindance during which you use edit mode to scan the scene for clues. Two of the three clues were easily done, but the third just wasn't there. Turns out it was an object on the floor, but it only appeared for about two seconds through the minutes-long scene. I only found it by going very slowly through fast forward and rewind, and then paused it when it popped to scan it. For all but two or three seconds it would be impossible to find when the object should be sitting undisturbed on the ground from start to finish. It would be very easy to miss and have progress halted in this case.

From my point of view, whatever bugs exist on PC are minor or I have yet to encounter them. There have already been several patches and hotfixes, the most recent being version 1.05 two days ago. More will follow and it will only get better.

I don't really know what to say about those who feel wronged with promised or announced features that aren't in the release. Yeah I get it, and I followed the development of Cyberpunk closely too. Some aspects are clearly not what I expected. Partly that due to my own imagination and wishes. Partly it's due to CDPR's marketing. But the bottom line for me is to judge it on what it is. Why drive yourself nuts lamenting what it's not? And then too, what will it become? I haven't seen anything about planned DLC or expansions, but maybe the right move is to come back after a spell and see what the game has become six months or a year down the line. I'm having a good time with it, despite the flaws.

A few thoughts on what I like about Cyberpunk and a few things I don't

The Good

-- Story and Side Jobs. The structured missions are my favorite part of the game. The characters, the situations, the action is all a lot of fun and very well done in my view. When a game like this is perhaps lacking in the sandbox elements, it's redeeming that the scripted stuff is so good.

-- Characters. The voice acting is uniformly top notch. The characters are convincing in ways other games are not. The facial expressions might be the best I've seen, the way they convey emotion, the realistic way they move and sit around, lean against something or sit back on a couch. Again, it's all very convincing and sets the tone. This sort of detail does not extend to the free-roam, where things are much more simple and less satisfying. But for the missions, where CDPR paid attention and fine tuned it, the results are excellent for me.

-- Combat. Having a good time with the gun play. Shootouts are fun, and I like fighting the battles with a mix of firearms and cyber attacks. It's sort of tedious right at the beginning of the game, as you have few abilities and weak weapons, and it's mainly a matter of shooting your target a lot of times until it dies the death of a thousand paper cuts. But as you develop your main, filling out perks and abilities it opens up and combat is more brutal and decisive. I'm specced in to a lot of trees, but primarily Assault, Crafting, Engineering and the stealth one that isn't Cold Blood. Using tech weapons which synergize with the build, and grenades. Using weapons that are supported by the perks you pick makes your power ramp up steeply.

-- Cover System. I'm specced into Assault, which gives a number of bonuses when firing from cover. And the cover system works beautifully. You can freely move into and out of it, never getting stuck in any way like others games nor needing to hit any key to enter. And the best part is that it's sort of dynamic. For example if you're behind a crate with your gun leveled your head an body are positioned at the right level. But if you want to aim lower, your body rises up in proportion, giving it a flexibility unlike many games where there's a lower limit and to look lower requires you to break cover and stand. When aiming down the sights and peeking around the corner, the character leans just right. It really does work great. I often ignore cover systems in games, just using objects as shields, but not entering the cover stance. In Cyberpunk though I look to get there, as it's smooth, natural and effective.

-- Night City. It's an impressive world they've built. It's big and diverse. It's no secret by now that how it is fleshed out is perhaps less than what was expected, but from a structural, aesthetic and design perspective it's impressive indeed.

The Bad

-- Vehicles. We all expected more I think. The unrealized customization features remove any real desire for me to spend much time with the vehicles. Instead of lording over a collection of cool cars and bikes, personalizing them and delighting in selecting the next one to drive, they are really nothing more than a tool to get from A to B. Add to this the terrible (in my opinion) handling physics and it all leaves me rather disappointed. I know there are better cars than I've tried, but a this point I have no real desire to find out, and haven't purchased a single vehicle. I have Vs starting car which I never drive, and two motorcycles which get used a lot to get around the map. The driving isn't fun and the sensation of speed is all wrong. The speedometer says I'm doing 130 MPH but it looks like 55. This is one area I'd like to see revisted, expanded and reworked.

-- Weapons customization and crafting. Again, I at least, expected more. It's all too simple, with few options and a small degree of difference between the ones there are. The loot system is reminiscent of Borderlands, with what you find varying in incremental amounts of damage. The game I was playing before Cyberpunk was BL 3 and early on I decided to ignore this loot system and focus on crafting/engineering so I can use a few core weapons throughout the run by keeping them upgraded and on-level. It works OK, by gathering crafting materials I can continually upgrade these guns, but the effects of this crafting and upgrades are minor and there's no real way to personalize it. I can't make it fire faster, or change the elemental type, increase mag size or lighten it. It's just a cycle of breakdown weapons for parts>spend parts on a one-point damage increase>breakdown more parts> another point of damage, ya know? It becomes exactly the same weapon, it just hits a little harder. It means I am not playing the game chasing the next weapon like in Borderlands, which is good. But it also fails to impart that sort of attachment to my weapons that a true customization layer would give me.

-- Clothing. Purely subjective, but at no point yet have I looked cool. For me, this is the best thing about Cyberpunk being a fist person game lol. I don't have to constantly be reminded how ridiculous I look. I'm not sharp with Cyberpunk lore, but the way the loot system and armor ratings work means in order to have a good rating, the outfits I piece together are garish at minimum. Too bad, because having a cool looking character is a big plus. Another player will love the choices so not saying this is bad per se, just for me. I'd much prefer a system where you choose whichever clothes you like, and protection comes though purchases or finds of modifications or skill tree upgrades. I want my V to be stylish, not look like a circus clown at his first paint ball match or something. You only ever see V in the inventory or mirrors anyway, but still.

I'm 50+ hours in, level 20, street cred 37. So far the experience has been quite smooth. The game is fun, especially when I focus on the crafted missions. Free-roam is fine, and is great for leveling up. But it's also sort of repetitive. Within hours of starting I had already moved on from what I thought or wanted Cyberpunk to be and just took it at face value. And from that viewpoint I think it's a good game.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4549336 - 12/21/20 08:25 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

Clothing... a simple solution would be to take two pieces of clothing to a street vendor and apply the visuals of one to the stats of the other. It gives the vendors more purpose, allows for the 'hodge podge of immediately useful stats', along with the deliberate application of style, at a delay.

This seems far better to me than some of the other suggestions (e.g. applying a clothing item as a visual and another as a stats 'live' in the inventory, in that you have a cash sink.

Appearance changes should also be available from the ripper doc. No reason you can't change tatoos/piercings/eye colour if you are doing all the other mods.

#4549339 - 12/21/20 09:07 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Another note on the characters, the voice actors were great.

#4549342 - 12/21/20 09:24 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: DBond]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by DBond
The driving isn't fun and the sensation of speed is all wrong. The speedometer says I'm doing 130 MPH but it looks like 55. This is one area I'd like to see revisted, expanded and reworked.

Try increasing your FOV, which usually works in other games, including flight sims for fixing this problem.

#4549358 - 12/22/20 01:11 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
The game has been ok for me so far, I give it like a 6.5 out of 10, however I honestly had more fun with Fallout 4, which is something of a flawed work in its own right.

I guess when it comes down to it I was expecting a game that was as groundbreaking and impressive as Morrowind was in its day, not Boiling Point 2077.

The potential is there to do great things however if CDPR can keep the investors in check.

#4549371 - 12/22/20 04:02 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
vehicle speed aint gonna change, if they didnt bother to make pc version better they arent going to touch it. base last gen dont have the power to stream assets that fast that is why it is so slow. remember they use 5400rpm drives.

#4549380 - 12/22/20 07:53 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA

#4549423 - 12/22/20 05:21 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
I've scrapped most of my items and set up a shortcut to my save files in order to keep an eye on the situation.

Currently none of my saves are over 5MB, but I may have been close to 8 MB before I decided to pare down my inventory.

Anyway, has anyone else who went as a nomad tried to return to the little town that they started the game in? I made some attempts to pass through the border checkpoint and failed miserably thanks to the 2 dozen skull indicated border guards. This is by far the toughest fight I've found in the game, I can manage to kill a handful and draw them out in a chase, or almost run through in a motorcycle, but eventually I gave up and will return when I've gained another 10 levels or so.

#4549438 - 12/22/20 06:36 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
I've scrapped most of my items and set up a shortcut to my save files in order to keep an eye on the situation.

Currently none of my saves are over 5MB, but I may have been close to 8 MB before I decided to pare down my inventory.

Anyway, has anyone else who went as a nomad tried to return to the little town that they started the game in? I made some attempts to pass through the border checkpoint and failed miserably thanks to the 2 dozen skull indicated border guards. This is by far the toughest fight I've found in the game, I can manage to kill a handful and draw them out in a chase, or almost run through in a motorcycle, but eventually I gave up and will return when I've gained another 10 levels or so.

guards are no problem, its the auto turrets.

#4549457 - 12/22/20 09:03 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
My build is relatively weak as I've purposely avoided min-max meta and overpowered items aside from the ridiculous purple fedora that grants a 30% increase to chance of a critical hit.

Oh, and anyone else hate the Tyger Claws? Aside from the Wraiths they're my least favorite gang.

#4549466 - 12/22/20 11:19 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
My build is relatively weak as I've purposely avoided min-max meta and overpowered items aside from the ridiculous purple fedora that grants a 30% increase to chance of a critical hit.

Oh, and anyone else hate the Tyger Claws? Aside from the Wraiths they're my least favorite gang.

why do you hate china so much man ? me, i just murder anything with a yellow bar above their health.

#4549478 - 12/23/20 12:20 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
just had my first major bug lol, i came back from a mission and called jackie, i went to the bath and removed my clothes, suddenly i was hearing double, i thought it was a cool effect because i was in the bathroom, but as i exit, jackie is sat talking on my doorway, even lip synced to the video call.

#4549488 - 12/23/20 03:42 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

why do you hate china so much man ? me, i just murder anything with a yellow bar above their health.

They're more Japanese in flavor, and are an Arasaka puppet, plus they just seem to go out of their way to be in my way.

#4549503 - 12/23/20 11:48 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I'm about 5 hours into the game so far and I like what I see. It's still a learning process of course since the inventory layout and interface is very different from previous RPG's I've played. The game definitely has a Deus Ex vibe for me due to the proliferation of cybernetic/computerized implants that you see being used by many people in the Night City world.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4549505 - 12/23/20 12:06 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold Over 13 Million Copies, Says CD PROJEKT RED

Cyberpunk 2077 has already sold a whopping 13 million copies, and that’s taking returns into account

This figure represents the estimated volume of retail sales across all hardware platforms (factoring in returns submitted by retail clients in brick-and-mortar as well as digital storefronts)

That may be over $700 Million worth -- pushing towards $1 Billion in sales (provided the "bad press" does not "take hold").

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4549507 - 12/23/20 12:08 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
13 million copies is a staggeringly impressive performance especially when you consider that more than half of those copies sold were for the PC version.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4549515 - 12/23/20 01:56 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Auto turrets are usually easy to hack and disable. I'll try fighting through there tonight and see what I can come up with.

#4549534 - 12/23/20 04:15 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
`Gamespot is now taking refunds and returning the game as defective.....ouch.
a jolly christmas to you grinches.
to the guy who told me the game doesnt look like 80% was cut, a ex dev on reddit said the current game is 1/3 to 1/4 of what was anounced and projected before mid 2019....so i was right.
what he said, and what is written on glassware goes with a rumor then by a suposed dev early this year that the game had a massive layoff and new people were brough in to finish it because it was cheaper this way under their labor laws.
not painting a good picture for the company......my guess.......they will fix what is possible and call it off...

game feels like it was piece toguether in a year because it really was.

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 12/23/20 04:36 PM.
#4549536 - 12/23/20 04:29 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

to the guy who told me the game doesnt look like 80% was cut, a ex dev on reddit said the current game is 1/3 to 1/4 of what was anounced and projected before mid 2019....so i was right.
what he said, and what is written on glassware goes with a rumor then by a suposed dev early this year that the game had a massive layoff and new people were brough in to finish it because it was cheaper this way under their labor laws.
not painting a good picture for the company......my guess.......they will fix what is possible and call it off...

I usually try to avoid judging things based on hearsay and rumor but if those ever do turn out to be confirmed then that is quite bad indeed.

Page 16 of 37 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.