Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4548975 - 12/18/20 07:03 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
I personally enjoy a bunch of user made content on YT etc, more than much of the industry made "entertainment".

Throw in their completely lopsided, confused, out of touch, and ignorant views, and most are easy to not bother watching.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4548977 - 12/18/20 07:07 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
At some point we will see some consolidation in streaming. .

Not necessarily. For example, Amazon, Hulu and Netflix have now had their own original programing for several years and their catalogue of original content continues to increase while their licensed content is decreasing. The legacy companies like Disney, CBS/Viacom and NBC/Universal all have plenty of their own content to support their own streaming services so they have no reason to drop them.

Right, but I think at some point they'll realize they can make bigger and better productions to out do the competition by selling their in-house shows to a broader audience, hence Roku or someone like them becoming a new cable company.

Amazon and Netflix have used their own content to increase subscriptions, but we've seen a few members here, on SimHQ, suggest to sign up for a month, watch whatever one wants, and then drop a subscription. The cable model kind of circumvents these shenanigans with subscriber fees, etc. and contracts. One doesn't get HBO or Showtime for a month on Comcast, they sign a year or multi-year subscription contract.

The alternative is to sell these shows a la carte on other services, but we see this already.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 12/18/20 07:08 PM.
#4549094 - 12/20/20 03:11 AM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Tom Cruise is a jerk. But he wasn't wrong on this one. I seldom side with the whole "Job Creator" claim, but in this case it's true. He's out there working it, and keeping people employed in the process (regardless of whether he actually cares about that or not).

He'd be a "stand up guy" in my mind if it weren't for the Scientology crap...

#4549196 - 12/21/20 12:23 AM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

I.E. Commiefornia ..S.B Count...
the issue, see,.. these AHOLES like Tom and Bale .. and many others who abuse the crews and costars know that the 'biz' is a tough MFer to crack into... and these people love their jobs with a passion and .. its a small town, so back to the issue of these main stars abusing them... of course these people take it.. in turn brings me to the next point, THEY WILL NEVER GO OFF ON THE GENERAL PUBLIC like that because they know they could potentially get KTFO... Tom is a coward.. hell, I would PAY the guy to knuckle up and go a few rounds...

[Signature deleted]
#4549210 - 12/21/20 02:03 AM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
and a Merry Christmas to you Moldy...

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.