Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4548687 - 12/16/20 04:06 AM Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Les Grossman is back !

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4548689 - 12/16/20 04:20 AM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Tom gets $25 million per Mission Impossible movie plus %. His annual income with % on all his movies in one year is $60-75 million. How much do those poor crews he is yelling at get? $10 per hour? $20? $30? What ever it is you don't pay me enough to be yelled at and abused by that anus hole every day. There are other actors and directors you can work for without the abuse.

#4548692 - 12/16/20 04:59 AM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Meh, I tried watching "Ghost Protocol" and fell asleep. Dumb movie, dumb plot. If the rest of the post-2005 movies are this bad, I'm not sure why I should watch them.

#4548696 - 12/16/20 05:09 AM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

The worse Mission Impossible movie was the first one where they made the forever good guy of the series the traitor. That was unacceptable. Like having a James Bond film with Bond betraying England and MI-6.

[Linked Image]
#4548703 - 12/16/20 06:09 AM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
I think context can make a big difference in how things are interpreted, so I am going to reserve judgement until I hear more than just one recording. He seemed to be a bit extreme in his reaction, but if you listen to the words, it sounds like he's worried about a production getting shut down that would impact other people's livelihoods, so he may not just be going on a power trip, but is really upset about the possibility of people being put out of work.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4548708 - 12/16/20 09:01 AM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
bolox Offline
bolox  Offline

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Tom gets $25 million per Mission Impossible movie plus %. His annual income with % on all his movies in one year is $60-75 million. How much do those poor crews he is yelling at get? $10 per hour? $20? $30? What ever it is you don't pay me enough to be yelled at and abused by that anus hole every day. There are other actors and directors you can work for without the abuse.

This is on a UK set so the crew won't be paid dollars- don't know exact rates as I normally do live music rather than films, but you are looking at ~<£500 per day depending on role for skilled techs.

Is TC an a hole- most assuredly. but have seen worse in other sectors

"There are two things that are infinite: The Universe and Human Stupidity. And I'm not even sure about the Universe." - Einstein
#4548716 - 12/16/20 11:38 AM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Meh, I tried watching "Ghost Protocol" and fell asleep. Dumb movie, dumb plot. If the rest of the post-2005 movies are this bad, I'm not sure why I should watch them.

I've found them to be decent action movies with a couple of interesting characters here and there. The bottom line is that they are nothing exceptional but worth watching once in my opinion.

The MI films though have all been big box office successes so hence why the Hollywood industrial complex keeps pumping them out. It will be interesting to see how the revenue pans out this time though with so many theaters still closed.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 12/16/20 11:39 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4548728 - 12/16/20 01:06 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
you guys clearly lost the message.
cruise is footing a cruise ship so his crew is isolated and safe so they can continue shooting,
this movie is being shot in the pandemic ON LOCATION, other productions are shut down,this will show or not if hollywood can continue to operate on location with proper precautions,so all eyes are on them.
if the production is shutdown, hollywood will move to smaller movies shot indoors in studios lot, this will basically make 2nd units expendable and out of job, this is what he is emphasizing here.

From what i got from this convo his crew brough someone outside into the lot, and were hanging out.

hate the guy all you want, he is not wrong.

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 12/16/20 01:07 PM.
#4548729 - 12/16/20 01:16 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Excellent post Blade.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4548941 - 12/18/20 04:17 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

That's the impression I am getting, too. His money is on the line, and he's calling out the bad apples. He might be doing this abrasively, but, they work for him.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 12/18/20 04:17 PM.
#4548946 - 12/18/20 04:53 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
After reading Blade's post, he had every reason to get angry.
On a side note, I can't remember the last Tom Cruise movie I watched. He's a kook, and I can't separate that fact.

#4548950 - 12/18/20 05:12 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

He is wrong that any of these mitigation measures make a difference. But his set, his rules I guess. It has been reported several of the crew quit over his harassment.

#4548951 - 12/18/20 05:15 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Nimits]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Nimits
It has been reported several of the crew quit over his harassment.

Their loss as they will be easily replaced. No one is indispensable especially in the film industry these days.

#4548954 - 12/18/20 05:21 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
The film industry itself is not indispensable these days, as I think Hollywood is about to find out to its chagrin.

#4548957 - 12/18/20 05:28 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Nimits]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
The film industry itself is not indispensable these days, as I think Hollywood is about to find out to its chagrin.

Films will still keep getting made since the demand for them is as high as ever. The ones who will really be feeling the pain are the movie theater chains. Consumers love movies but they want to stream them at home now instead of making the trip to a movie theater.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 12/18/20 05:29 PM.

#4548962 - 12/18/20 05:48 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

Films will still keep getting made since the demand for them is as high as ever. The ones who will really be feeling the pain are the movie theater chains. Consumers love movies but they want to stream them at home now instead of making the trip to a movie theater.

These kind of big-budget films, Hollywood-centric films? I actually do not think so. Yes, I agree visual entertainment will still keep getting made, but it is going to much more distributed in the future.

#4548964 - 12/18/20 05:57 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Nimits]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

These kind of big-budget films, Hollywood-centric films? I actually do not think so.

The budgets will change somewhat but it also needs to be considered that the studios will now get 100% of the revenue in the form of licensing fees from the streaming services whereas under the old theatrical system the studios split the ticket sale revenue with the movie theater exhibitors.

#4548966 - 12/18/20 06:15 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
That is a good point . . . then again, the streaming services will probably figure a way to get a bigger cut of the profits as they assume a larger percentage of the distribution. Unless the studios each set up their own service (a possibility, but one with its own drawbacks in fragmenting the audience), the streaming services will as or more necessary to the studios as the studios are to the services.

#4548969 - 12/18/20 06:34 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
At some point we will see some consolidation in streaming. What we're seeing now resembles the pre-Blockbuster era of video rental, with handfuls of different platforms opening for business, with different prices, rules and videos to rent. Netflix, for a while, was the Blockbuster--the one store to rule them all, but what's odd is we've gone in reverse, and now everyone is reaching for consumer pockets with their own pointy sticks.

I don't think this behavior can last forever. Something will give, because folks will tire of trying to sort through every single service because the effort is time consuming.

I guess Roku and their ilk are sort of a half-compromise, here, like the cable companies became peddlers for the channels.

But something funny happens when you have a service consolidating services, or channels... we go in a circle back to the cable providers that many of these "cord cutters" tried to circumvent, because of their high fees. Funny how the wheel of commerce seems to go round and round, reinventing itself, but doing the same thing.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 12/18/20 06:37 PM.
#4548972 - 12/18/20 06:46 PM Re: Tom Cruise warns Mission Impossible crew they’re gone’ if they break Covid rules on set [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
At some point we will see some consolidation in streaming. .

Not necessarily. For example, Amazon, Hulu and Netflix have now had their own original programing for several years and their catalogue of original content continues to increase while their licensed content is decreasing. The legacy companies like Disney, CBS/Viacom and NBC/Universal all have plenty of their own content to support their own streaming services so they have no reason to drop them.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 12/18/20 06:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.