Hop To
#4531729 - 07/28/20 12:19 PM Goodbye  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
The moderators of this board and I have fundamentally different opinions about the role of a moderator, and where the line to power abuse is crossed. Furthermore, they refuse to discuss this in public, and critical remarks by me (and others, apparently) are being disappeared.

Under these conditions I'm unwilling to post on SimHQ. It used to be a fine site. If you have any questions about Steel Beasts, I will always be at your service over at www.SteelBeasts.com

Thank you for your support.

Visit the home of Steel Beasts!
...the ultimate armor sim...
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4531944 - 07/30/20 12:46 PM Re: Goodbye [Re: Ssnake]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
While I am not aware of the specifics you cite, I do want to say that you are one of the most rational posters on this board. I do not always agree with you, but it is rare to find people who can make a sound and reasoned argument, backing it up with logic instead of emotion, on internet discussion boards. It's your choice if you feel you must go, but your voice will be missed. And for what it's worth, not just in political topics, but historical as well. Plus, you make a fine sim smile

Fair skies and tailwinds Ssnake.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4531994 - 07/30/20 07:11 PM Re: Goodbye [Re: Ssnake]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
+1 DBond.

Don't go, Ssnake.

#4532232 - 08/01/20 01:39 PM Re: Goodbye [Re: Ssnake]  
Behemoth Offline
Behemoth  Offline

Boston, MA
I as well will be sad to see you go, Ssnake. I have known your name since the first steel Beasts. Viel Gluck! I will always be a loyal SB supporter.

-Behemoth

#4548763 - 12/16/20 04:45 PM Re: Goodbye [Re: Ssnake]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
Agreed it used to be a fine site. I joined in 07 officially and there were a lot of people posting intelligent remarks and thoughts. For several years I played tactical games on SimHQ server without being a member of the site. I thought it was more important to be good at a tactical game that good at showing off bragging posts. Good old days of Op flashpoint online gaming, then VBS1, Arma, and VBS2, SP Pro PE. were added to the forum. Then the successive owners decided to address arcade gamers who are not simulation gamers (A very different crowd). The definition of the site at its inception was Simulation (flight sims) and tactically focused. To Magnum's credit, he developed the tactical aspect for the hardcore gamers until he decided that tactical sim was not a priority anymore, and then he was let go from that responsibility and replaced by worst. Slowly the tactically oriented members stop posting and went away. Some were momentarily replaced by millennials 100% arcade gamers with X-Box, Nintendo consoles, and platforms other than PC. And there it went from a great site to a ghost town due to a refusal to stick to tactical and sim gamers on PC. The price of arcade gaming had to be paid, and SimHQ did not get a discount, its demise was the currency.
To all the Sim hardcore players that used to gather on this once great site, you are not forgotten, brothers. Fluctuat Nec Mergitur.

Rah!

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.