Hop To
Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37
#4548646 - 12/15/20 08:22 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I almost never buy games on release, anyways, save for From Software's games--the Dark Souls series. Theirs I know will be high quality and wonderful. Most other firms... nah. Every CD Projekt game I have I got a year after release, save for Witcher One... which I ultimately waited a year after release to finally play through with the enhanced edition.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 12/15/20 08:27 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4548647 - 12/15/20 08:23 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
So really, the bottom line is that we should expect multiple more patches for this game before all or at least most of the major issues are resolved.

bottom line is they are in VACAY now, so expect only serious development in mid late january......what im expecting is an actual pc version for pc.

#4548650 - 12/15/20 08:30 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
So really, the bottom line is that we should expect multiple more patches for this game before all or at least most of the major issues are resolved.

Just like the Witcher games, CDPR eventually makes good games but they launch riddled with bugs. I'm not sure why or how the whole of the internet suddenly expected it to be different this time around.

I'm just lucky that I haven't seen as many of those bugs as most other people and went in with much lower expectations.
And as a joke on the Kingdom Come Deliverance reddit went last week talking about Cyberpunk 2077 being buggy on launch, "It's ok, I played KCD on launch day, I'm prepared."
The Star Citizen community has their own takes on these.
[img]https://i.redd.it/hbr6va3nez461.jpghttp://[/img]
[Linked Image]
[img]https://i.redd.it/i9fjj5p84c461.pnghttp://[/img]
[Linked Image]

#4548659 - 12/15/20 10:02 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
bottom line is they are in VACAY now, so expect only serious development in mid late january......what im expecting is an actual pc version for pc.

So you're waiting for Cyberpunk 2078?

And even then, it would probably take another sequel after that before they can fully deliver on what was originally promised, I believe that's just the nature of the complex beasts that are open world RPGs.

#4548741 - 12/16/20 02:50 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee

I think the answer to this is certainly yes, but as I touched on in my last post, the issues have been largely missing from my experience. I don't doubt they are there, but as is usually the case, the majority of what is shouted about seems to have skipped my install. I'm lucky like that lol. The complaints aren't filtered by platform, and based on what I've seen in 20+ hours of playing Cyberpunk, I have to believe the lion's share are on console.

I have plenty of game left to go, but there is nothing I've seen so far that could be called a major issue. And the ones I've seen that are minor I could count on one hand.

Made it to Act 2 last night, and the Cyberpunk title screen popped for me around the fifteen-hour mark. But then again, that's how I roll, just taking my time and soaking it all in, having a bash about, or getting sidetracked. Even so I'm nearly half-way done with the main story path, so it's time to put that aside for a while and do more of the side missions I reckon. Aside from the opening prologue and one other mission to pay respects to a fallen friend, I've spent all of my time in Watson. So there's still most of the city to discover. I noticed that when I traveled to City Center and Heywood to go to that memorial that the points of interest were all 'very high danger', and the bad guys have the skull on their card. I had thought that enemies scale to the player, but it appears the various districts have their own difficulty scaling? After the service I took my new motorbike back to Watson and optional content that seems more on my level at this stage.

I'm having a good time with Cyberpunk, it was worth the pre-purchase punt.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4548745 - 12/16/20 03:09 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Lieste Online sigh
Lieste  Online Sigh

You are *really* not half way through the main story if you just got out of the prologue. Depending on what difficulty you are playing you may also need to spend some time to generate money and streetcred to access the equipment and upgrades to get you through the harder encounters in the MQ. Once you have iconic items you can upgrade/enhance them potentially leaving behind the 'eclectic' collection of whatever stat is highest on the latest pool of random pick-ups, but these are partially locked behind streetcred and other barriers including skills and parts access.

#4548746 - 12/16/20 03:10 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Lieste Online sigh
Lieste  Online Sigh

Cohh hit the endings at 50-55 hours, with 10-11 to get to the opening title.

#4548747 - 12/16/20 03:12 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
DBond,
Yes, different parts of the city have different difficulties. After a while when you go back to Watson many of the enemies are pushovers.
I don't know what the level cap is myself, but some of the complaints I've seen are that you don't have enough skill and attribute points for everything, so you really should specialize in a couple.

#4548750 - 12/16/20 03:16 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: wormfood]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by wormfood
that you don't have enough skill and attribute points for everything, so you really should specialize in a couple.

This is good game design in my opinion. It forces the player to really think about what they want their strengths to be and what weaknesses they are willing to put up with. It makes the player think about what compromise works best for them.

If you have enough skill and attribute points to be an ultimate bada$$ in every aspect then where's the challenge in that? You can just bulldoze everything in sight with no problem.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4548751 - 12/16/20 03:20 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, technically I'm one-third through based on number of main story missions, but that is 'nearly' half way right? biggrin

My playstyle is generating good street cred. The vigilante thing I mentioned is good for that.

And as mentioned, iconic weapons and upgrades/crafting is on my chart. I've found three iconics so far (all handguns). The bottlenecks for me are both tech level and materials. I have a pistol I really like, but as it's epic and not rare, I have to wait until I've invested 11 attribute points in the tree to get the perk to upgrade it. I can upgrade rare items, but that's a single early point. And with how precious the higher-tier mats are so far, I'm thinking it will be a while before I have enough to upgrade multiple weapons. Now that I'm a bit in to Act 2 I think that will start to correct itself and the higher-tier weapons and armor I find will break down in to higher-tier mats. Not in a rush, but I do want to get to the point where I can keep the iconic weapons up to date. So I'm focusing on tech at the mo to get there.

#4548753 - 12/16/20 03:27 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
that you don't have enough skill and attribute points for everything, so you really should specialize in a couple.

This is good game design in my opinion. It forces the player to really think about what they want their strengths to be and what weaknesses they are willing to put up with. It makes the player think about what compromise works best for them.

If you have enough skill and attribute points to be an ultimate bada$$ in every aspect then where's the challenge in that? You can just bulldoze everything in sight with no problem.

I prefer that too and I've noticed here if you try to be a jack of all trades you'll be terrible at everything. Or you can pick a play style and be very, very good at it. Allows for more replayability that; way. You just roll a totally different character and go through it again in a completely different style.

#4548755 - 12/16/20 03:31 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: wormfood]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
You just roll a totally different character and go through it again in a completely different style.

Exactly. You reminded me of the 90's era fantasy games where you could play as either a warlock, paladin or a thief. All three were very specialized and thus had major strengths and weaknesses and thus all three had radically different gaming styles.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4548760 - 12/16/20 04:22 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
That's what the Hero's Quest/Quest For Glory games were so great at doing.

#4548771 - 12/16/20 07:06 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Most of the time I find myself using an antimaterial rifle, a Crusher shotgun and a suppressed Overture revolver. With these I can defeat red skull enemies for great loot and lots of experience.

Vehicle wise, I tend to use either a Brennan Apollo motorcycle or a Quadra Type 66 Javelina, as befitting a nomad. The Javelina is one of the fastest vehicles in the game, has AWD and is decently controllable and tough.

Cyberware wise, I think the double jump legs have been of the greatest benefit, they give you a lot of options.

#4548774 - 12/16/20 07:21 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
btw i hope this doesnt screw me over but....dexter deshawn had a traffic acident when i met him and his car rammed a road block concrete.....i did a few missions and gigs and he is still there lol.

#4548778 - 12/16/20 07:42 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Double jump legs are great. I did break a mission with those. I was supposed to steal documents in a penthouse of a high rise. The game was expecting me to go in the ground level and up the elevator. What I did was go a block down the street and worked my way up from vendor stalls nearby buildings and climbing on their ACs and antennae worked my way to the next higher buildings until I found my self atop an antenna tower of the neighboring building. From there I could barely reach a balcony about a floor down from the roof and from there got to the top and worked my way down. The quest markers and updates broke because I stole the documents right away, but it wanted me to enter the elevator at ground level before it would accept that I stole the objective.
I've found other crazy ways around the map with them and it makes traversing the map more fun.

I'm running in a strength build so it's Hammers and shotguns all the way. Also an MG to go full ham once and a while.. I do keep a hard hitting revolver in case i have to hit something at range. Don't use it much though. Probably not the best way to min/max a character, but I'm having fun.
I tried using a Thorton Colby "Little Mule" as a nomad vehicle and don't like it much. Handling is OK and it's top speed is ok, but it's big and you need about 2km of straight road to get it up to speed. Works better offroad than in the city.

#4548779 - 12/16/20 07:54 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I wasn't sure where to go with my build coming in. My thoughts at first were to go stealth and cyber. Sneak around, use tech to overcome the enemies and environment. But at this point I'm a tech gunner, using rifles and SMGs mostly, backed by handguns and grenades. I took all attributes to base 6 for the low level perks, and now am focusing on reflexes and tech. I agree you don't want to be too spread out, but I think that makes a solid base so you can get most of the entry-level perks even if they aren't in your specialized trees. Things like faster crouched speed, additional carry capacity, regeneration and the like will benefit any build I reckon. A base of 5 would do the same thing and leave more points to climb other trees.

I think it's good to identify a couple trees to take to level 20 to focus your build, but not to neglect the others as there are useful abilities in all of them.

If I hated the combat I would have gone a different route, and if I were to play again I will. But for this first run, a gun for hire feels good.

I like reading about which perks and items you guys find good, so hope to read more of this stuff.

#4548782 - 12/16/20 08:29 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: wormfood]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Double jump legs are great. I did break a mission with those. I was supposed to steal documents in a penthouse of a high rise. The game was expecting me to go in the ground level and up the elevator. What I did was go a block down the street and worked my way up from vendor stalls nearby buildings and climbing on their ACs and antennae worked my way to the next higher buildings until I found my self atop an antenna tower of the neighboring building. From there I could barely reach a balcony about a floor down from the roof and from there got to the top and worked my way down. The quest markers and updates broke because I stole the documents right away, but it wanted me to enter the elevator at ground level before it would accept that I stole the objective.
I've found other crazy ways around the map with them and it makes traversing the map more fun.

I'm running in a strength build so it's Hammers and shotguns all the way. Also an MG to go full ham once and a while.. I do keep a hard hitting revolver in case i have to hit something at range. Don't use it much though. Probably not the best way to min/max a character, but I'm having fun.
I tried using a Thorton Colby "Little Mule" as a nomad vehicle and don't like it much. Handling is OK and it's top speed is ok, but it's big and you need about 2km of straight road to get it up to speed. Works better offroad than in the city.

im enjoying parkouring too........sometimes i realize i took the most risk pattern only to find i could had acess via a stairs on the other side lol.......but it makes infiltration warehouses really fun, i batman jumped some guy from the rooftop window

#4548801 - 12/17/20 12:28 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Cyberpunk 2077 Developer: Don't Ask PlayStation for Refunds

Cyberpunk 2077 is having most of its problems on last generation XBox and Playstation.

In a nutshell, XBox owners are being given refunds by Microsoft. Playstation owners are being refused by Sony.

So, CD Projekt Red is said to be figuring out a way to give Playstation owners refunds -- but, they will not be fast in coming.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4548812 - 12/17/20 02:43 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
To all the Cyberpunk haters out there, I'd argue that Cyberpunk 2077 is the most immersive game out there. Think about it, CDPR and games journalists over sold some stuff, made a few fibs, cut some content, it's buggy and now you feel screwed over by a corpo. If that's not the most cyberpunk thing ever, I don't know what is.
behindcouch

Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.