Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4547329 - 12/05/20 11:09 PM Updated Namalsk released * Namalsk starter guide write up for newbies *  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Fun map and a nice change. Loot refreshes fast, plenty of guns and food, you'll need matches as it is all frozen. Weather is hardcore, the event is still in, zeds are tough and will destroy you. Lots of people banding together and helping each out atm. Give a week before full on pvp settles in.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4548301 - 12/13/20 01:57 AM Re: Updated Namalsk released [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Quick guide if anyine if anyone is playing and struggling.

Much like the latest updated Chernarus, but more so, it's the first 30 or so minutes to an hour that you need to get past. Luckily, unlike Chernarus, you can loot farm. Yes, it's a bit gamey, but, zeds are much more plentiful, they will wreck you, the weather is hideous, and then you have 'the event' every few hours that will zap health. Plus, loot farming keeps one occupied in early game.

So, from spawn, head either east up the coast to Nemsk, or west to Lubjansk. Nemsk has 4 houses, water pump, plus a barn and dock. Loot everything, get a fire going in a house, thaw the food, burn what you don't need, upgrade your starter clothes. Once you have looted all houses so nothing remains, head to the lighthouse just east on the coast. That is far enough away for new loot to spawn. Head back, reloot.

Two or three loots should get you a mosin with scope, ammo, pistol, water bottle, knife, hatchet, vitamins, if lucky a down jacket, trackpants, boots, drybag backpack, plenty of food and drink. Hope for a headlamp and a few batteries, loot the little sheds also.The drybag is great, food and drink won't refreeze in it.

It's enough to get your core up and fill food and drink to max. You will have to battle a few zeds. I turn all the clothes i find into rags for fires. Once all my stats are pumped i make sure i have three or four cans of food, sewing kit, matches/lighter, full bottle, some canned drinks, headlamp, 10 or so rags, 16 bark, vitamins, knifespare battery, all clothes pristine, balaclava, radar cap or beanie, gloves, boots and heat stat yellow with the plus sign. That will get you a good distance. From there i normally head to the milbase just south of Lubjansk, stopping at fire barrells on the way to warm up, dry off my clothes. More on that below.

Heading to Lubjansk is the same routine. I don't go to the port though, too many zeds, not enough off a pay off. At Lub, head to the houses just south inland, loot farm, fire, thaw food, get clothes, mosin etc. Get all stats up, head to the milbase just south.

Frostbite. This is the killer. Once you get the wet icon or temp icon goes light blue arrow down and especially into darker blue look at your clothes in your inventory. If anything has a blue square behind it, this is early stage. Once it goes grey, your frostbitten, no cure, and you will have a virus/sick icon. Your health is capped at 50-75% and you take more damage. Makes it hard to head to the higher tier areas that are zed infested. The zeds are hectic. You don't want frostbite added to your survival challenge.

To stop frostbite, fire, put clothes within 2 meters of fire, check their stats. From Drenched, soaked, wet, damp, dry. Takes about 30-45 seconds. Clothes back on, lovely. Always keep a sewing kit, damaged clothes have bad insulation and get wet too easily.

So, always carry bark or a couple of logs or sticks and rags and matches/lighter. Always sew damaged clothes.

With vitamins, i pop one if a zed hits me, check my clothes.

From Lubjansk houses i hit the milbase just south, 1 minute run, for warmer clothes and a possible better gun. After that i head to the Polar Camp way out on the ice.. It involves a few swims but is worth it.

For that you will need a map, and some high tier clothes from the mil base near the broken ship west of Lubjansk. Swim to the base, start a fire to pump that heat stat. Cut down a ton of bushes, convert the long sticks to short for wood. A fishing rod helps as there is no food at the base, and none at the camp. It's a bit of a journey from mainland to the camp, and back. At least an hour and a half...if you have no issues and a good run.

A deer kill gets you bones which equals about ten hooks, you can kill a freshie if need be, it's survival man. Namalsk fish don't need bait. Fireplace, long stick, sharpen it with knife. Rod+hook, fish. Catch fish, prepare fish, cook fish. I take at least 5 per person.

The base will give you top tier warm clothes and possibly an ak or akm. The polar camp will net M4's and VSS, Vsd plus other gear. The zeds are ferocious.

From there, once back at the mainland and all warmed up i head inland, plenty of wolves, the occasional bear and enough players to make it interesting...take lots of ammo smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4552758 - 01/19/21 03:28 AM Re: Updated Namalsk released [Re: Ajay]  
shadowwarrior99 Offline
shadowwarrior99  Offline

Which mod is this?

I still remember when Namalsk released on Arma 2 Dayz mod. That chilling kids voice sample, the cold looking terrain, the treehouse, apartment building rooftop sniping...the bunker... I remember it all very fondly.

I tried to get back into it a year or two ago but couldn't stand the "look down, game gets brighter, look up, game gets darker" function of Arma 2 and the constant light change was giving me headaches.

I would love an arma 3 dayz namalsk mod. I even have a spare dedi; xeon 1275v5, 64GB, 2x512GB NVME's, 1gbps unmetered internet connection.

#4556844 - 02/20/21 01:30 AM Re: Updated Namalsk released [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Dayz Standalone, Namalsk, updated by Sumrak to Dayzs current version. Well worth having a look at.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.