Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4546532 - 11/29/20 11:09 PM Revisiting Falcon Allied Force, some questions.  
bostar Offline
bostar  Offline

Hi

As the title said, I'm revisiting this old sim. I've been spending the last weeks playing with the training missions and I've found two problems. Maybe some of the veterans can help me.

The first one: I can't use the zoom in the cockpit. It doesn't work in the 2D cockpit nor virtual cockpit. I'm using trackir, I don't know if it could be the problem, although I've seen some videos on youtube with simmers zooming with it without problem. In the configuration menu, the num 7 in the bloqnum appears as Zoom in, but it doesn't work.

The second one is related to the wheel brakes. I'm using CH Pedals and it's correctly detected as rudder in the config menu. But, in the sim, the pedals, as wheel brakes, don't work. I have to use the key "K" for stopping the aircraft. I've checked the menu, but I didn't see any option to assign the pedals as wheelbreak (as it's possible in the BMS).

Any clue to solve these problems? It's very sad that all the knowledge at Frugals has been lost. I've tried to search info about these questions in archive.org, but only the frontpage has been saved. All the posts are unreachable.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4546595 - 11/30/20 02:10 PM Re: Revisiting Falcon Allied Force, some questions. [Re: bostar]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by bostar

It's very sad that all the knowledge at Frugals has been lost.

Indeed, but it's not exactly lost, just no longer so acutely gathered in a single place smile

However, it's been so long since I flew AF I cannot be sure how to help. Each of the keys you quoted are correct by default. Why won't they work? No idea. Just to be sure, you have numlock on for the keypad correct?

K is wheel brakes by default as you noted. Do your pedals have toe brakes?

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4546766 - 12/01/20 10:41 PM Re: Revisiting Falcon Allied Force, some questions. [Re: bostar]  
bostar Offline
bostar  Offline

Hi DBond

Yep, the CH pedals has toe brakes. As I didn't find any solution, finally, I've assigned the pedals with the key K. The effect is more rough than when using axis, but it works thumbsup

I'll continue investigating the reason about the faulty zoom. Maybe searching here, going through the posts of those years...

PD: DBond, no more post with debriefing of your campaings? Long ago since the last one. I found them highly instructive.

Regards.

#4546824 - 12/02/20 02:11 PM Re: Revisiting Falcon Allied Force, some questions. [Re: bostar]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by bostar

PD: DBond, no more post with debriefing of your campaings? Long ago since the last one. I found them highly instructive.

I haven't been flying, my gaming focus has been elsewhere -- RPGs, shooters, racing sims. Been a while since I've flown Falcon. Thanks for the comment, it's nice to know some folks find it useful thumbsup

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.