Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4543362 - 11/04/20 11:45 AM General Level Bombing Questions  
That_1_Trains_Girl Offline
That_1_Trains_Girl  Offline

Hi y'all!

I just had a few questions about level bombing using a bombsight in Rise of Flight. I'm currently flying a career on the Channel Map in the DFW C.V, and I find the bombsight to be rather intuitive to use. I do have to question, however, exactly how to use the wind direction setting. I know that this sight, unlike those on the Handley-Page and the Gotha, only use binary inputs, meaning you can only set the wind to be coming from in front or behind your aircraft. But oftentimes, I will approach the target with the wind diagonally to my aircraft, and I find that, regardless of the windage setting, my bombs tend to miss massively whenever this happens. Is there any one-stop-shop trick to dealing with this, so to speak? Or does it come down to pure luck at that juncture?

Additionally, something I've not yet been able to find a clear answer for is the question of bomb fusing times. Is there any way to set a delay on the bombs or is that fixed, and if so, do all bombs explode on contact or do some have delay fuses? I flew some bombing missions in the Sowpith Strutter and its bombs seem to have a delay, whereas the C.V did not. Does it come down to nationality? I saw some mods which adjust this one way or another, but in an interest in keeping things as realistic as possible, I decided to keep with 777's choice on the matter until I had more information.

Thank you all for your responses!

"The air is the only place free from prejudices."
- Bessie Coleman, the first African-American woman to become an airplane pilot, 1921
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4544162 - 11/09/20 11:34 AM Re: General Level Bombing Questions [Re: That_1_Trains_Girl]  
33lima Online content
33lima  Online Content

Belfast, NI
Dropping things that go bang in RoF is not my subject but a reliable source (Alfred Price IIRC) reported that using visual cues like smoke from the ground, Stuka leaders generally made their bomb runs such as not to bomb crosswind - and that was a precision bomber! So maybe best not to bomb crosswind at all, rather than try to adjust for it.

Moderated by  Avimimus, RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Math - what is the correct answer?
by KraziKanuK. 02/24/21 01:29 PM
Tiger Woods involved in serious Car accident
by WangoTango. 02/23/21 07:45 PM
Daft Punk is no more
by Blade_RJ. 02/22/21 07:34 PM
🎥 Short Film Competition! (THE ART OF WAR)
by TangoSierra. 02/22/21 05:42 PM
United Flight 328 Emergency landing in Denver
by WangoTango. 02/21/21 12:53 AM
Sad songs...what are yours ?
by WangoTango. 02/20/21 10:08 PM
Bill's Cooking Tips!
by Bill_Grant. 02/20/21 05:59 PM
Girlfriend left me...
by Bill_Grant. 02/20/21 05:43 PM
A Wallaby Walks Into a Hospital...
by vonBaur. 02/19/21 06:45 PM
NASA Perseverance
by RossUK. 02/18/21 07:28 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.