Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 226 of 366 1 2 224 225 226 227 228 365 366
#4539999 - 10/08/20 10:26 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) ***** [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Carrick, that’s becoming a slow slog to your new digs!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4540005 - 10/08/20 11:09 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, it was one hairy experience Immer had to endure with that Camel on his tail, but then he took his revenge in the next mission. Well done. Let’s hope his luck stays with him a little longer.
So, is Immer going to have a little talk with Schobinger about butting in and stealing his kills?

Raine, that was one enjoyable read. I’m surprised everyone came back with all eyes and ears intact. And I was just waiting for Vogel’s number of downed birds claim to be rejected. All in all, it looks like Mitzi was the one that had the most fun.

Carrick, looks like Marcel didn’t enjoy the road trip.

8 October, 1917 09:50
Ceurne, Flanders Sector
Jasta 36
Oberleutnant Zygmunt Dolf Hahn EK2 EK1 HHO PLM AO
62 confirmed kills

The patches of frozen snow were pockmarking the airfield. The blizzard and the rain were over and Jasta 36 was sent to patrol enemy front lines near Menen. Schwarm Eins caught a pair of Harry Tates above the Front. The flight split up and went after each one separately. Zygmunt attacked the one that appeared to be descending. The enemy spotted the pursuing Albatros and began to evade. Hahn was able to place a few volleys into the two-seater, but had to go around. One of his wingmen finished the enemy plane off. At the same time he could see smoke in the sky some distance away. The other group took care of the second Englander as well.

YouTube Link

The Schwarm was finishing their patrol when they spotted two more dots in the clouds. The two dots turned and faced them. The fight was on. The Nieuports they’ve encountered were flown by experts. Zygmunt found it very difficult to engage, but after the enemy pilot got cocky and attacked one of his wingmen, Zygmunt had him. The strong gusts of wind made it difficult to keep his Albatros steady, but he found an opportunity to assault his target with a few bursts from his guns. One of them jammed and Hahn had to finish the job with the remaining machine gun. The British machine went down in a field smashing against the rock-solid frozen ground.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4540064 - 10/09/20 12:39 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Fullofit, that was some lovely flying staging on that Nieuports tail in that dive. He was a tenacious cuss. Immer got his revenge but not the kill. They don’t like him at the claims office!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
#4540153 - 10/09/20 09:34 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, thanks! Those Nieuports are very slippery. So Immer has seems to have same sort of luck all the other German pilots currently are enjoying when it comes to claims. Meanwhile British are giving them out like candy on Halloween.

9 October, 1917 08:45
Ceurne, Flanders Sector
Jasta 36
62 confirmed kills

The Nieuport claim has been denied...
Today’s mission was to intercept enemy planes crossing the lines near Menen. It was Schwarm Eins show only. In fact, it was no show at all. They never found any enemy machines and returned home with empty hands. Hopefully tomorrow they’ll have more luck.

#4540168 - 10/09/20 11:11 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

MFair and Fullofit:

MUD

#4540175 - 10/09/20 11:42 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Marcel Jules Gilbare
Adjutant
ESC. 15 GC 13
Peirrefonds, Marne
1 Victory
5 Unconfirmed

Sep 9th 1917.

Ahhh, the Marne , not a Fly boys paradise. Zee Trees are very tall and big. Not a flat landing spot in site for Nautical miles. I will be putting in for a trans fer, but 1st a 4 a/c flight Offensive flight with thick ground covering clouds. Luckily No contact.

Attached Files CFS3 2020-10-05 07-53-24-77.jpg
Last edited by carrick58; 10/09/20 11:44 PM.
#4540181 - 10/10/20 12:54 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: carrick58]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by carrick58
MFair and Fullofit:

MUD

Carrick, MUD?
Make Up Disaster?

#4540235 - 10/10/20 03:04 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Fullofit: As in sinking into if standing still.

#4540272 - 10/10/20 07:24 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
10 October, 1917 13:45
Ceurne, Flanders Sector
Jasta 36
62 confirmed kills

Snow was gone and was replaced by much warmer weather. It felt almost like summer again. Zygmunt was sitting at his desk catching up on his paperwork, or at least he tried to make it look like it, when in fact he was observing Nadette, who was at the very moment in his office cleaning the windows. The sun shone brightly illuminating her figure as she went about her work. Ziggy tried hard to concentrate on his work, but the spectacle at the window has proven too difficult to resist. She was wearing a light linen shirt that loosely draped her figure. That was not important. What was important was the sun shining brightly through the linen exposing the silhouette of her body, which currently was performing a dance for Zygmunt’s eyes. He could clearly see the outline of her breasts swaying to a titillating rhythm as she was wiping down the glass panes of the window. After completing her task, the girl gave Hahn one of her unforgettable quick smiles before leaving the room. Zygmunt was unable to get up from his desk for a while. He had a stiff neck.
The assignment for today was to bring down the observation balloon near Ypres. They were in and out without any trouble from the opposing side and they’ve left the balloon smouldering on the ground.
The trouble started during their approach during landing. As they were descending Ziggy could see dots milling around over the nearby aerodrome of Harlebeke. Then suddenly one of the enemy planes appeared in front of him. Flak commenced their fusillade and the two fighters locked horns. The SPAD was coming at him head on and Hahn fired blindly, more to spook than hit. The two continued to circle each other and as other planes began to arrive over the airfield, the British pilot decided it was time to disengage. His powerful Hispano engine propelled him higher and higher. Zygmunt in frustration fired at him from long range. The enemy scout was swallowed by the sun, blinding Zygmunt and hiding the enemy from view. In the next instant the plane was falling down, as if the SPAD were Icarus himself flying too close to the sun. Hahn was surprised by his aim. The luck seemed to be on his side.
As he continued to fly, two more specks appeared in front of him. He joined the battle and noticed silver planes. At first he thought they were Nieuports but at a closer inspection he noticed their wings bore black crosses. He then saw a tan biplane mixing it up with them. That had to be one of the SPADs. Zygmunt engaged and began to fire. The enemy plane was never getting close enough to send a decisive burst into its fuselage. He had to chip away at it. Finally he noticed a faint trail of vapour and he knew he had him. Few more bursts and the SPAD went down near a rail line. Zygmunt turned his machine towards Ceurne. He was the last one to land.

YouTube Link

#4540279 - 10/10/20 08:03 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Marcel Jules Gilbare
Adjutant
ESC. 15 GC 13
Peirrefonds, Marne
1 Victory
5 Unconfirmed

Sep 10th 1917.

The rest of the Esc arrived today . We put up a 6 a/c Offensive flight. Met up with zee Boche near one of their AFs. 6 vs 6. None for me ,but got in a few hits on a gaylee colored Hun. A different Hun dropped on my tail so Nose over and full power for Home. The Esc claimed 2 Hun Scouts. I saw one the C.O. shot at he spun out ,but recovered low level. It should have been a Turkey shoot ( we had Height, Speed ) but lost 1 Spad + 1 pilot Mortally wnd.

Attached Files CFS3 2020-10-10 12-15-44-17.jpgCFS3 2020-10-10 12-15-56-37.jpg
#4540290 - 10/10/20 09:46 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Carrick, Its tuff out there!
Fullofit, just another day's work for Ziggy.

Ltn. van Immer
Jasta 12, Roucourt
Oct 10, 1917

Immer was returning from the morning patrol. Over Roucourt he could see they had been visited by the opposing side from the two craters on the edge of the field. All else looked intact though. Something caught his eye that looked odd. As he landed and rolled to a stop near the hangers he could not believe his eyes. Holy mother Fokker's! Has Steinmesser finally been caught and this is punishment or is Vogel playing some cruel joke!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files immer Fokker.jpgImmer Fokker2.jpg
Last edited by MFair; 10/10/20 09:47 PM.

#4540359 - 10/11/20 11:41 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

MFair – E.IIIs in October 1917? A clever Hunnish trick to fool the enemy into thinking they are running out of planes no doubt!

Carrick – A SPAD in a turn fight with three V-strutters! Marcel haz zee grosses coquilles, no?

Fullofit – Nadette may prove to be problematic for Ziggy at some point, I don’t believe she’s as coy as she seems. Lucky for your man his stiff neck worked itself loose before he had to fly. And to that, he must have enlisted Steinmesser’s assistance in procuring some of those super long range loads for the LMGs. He dropped that first SPAD from a good 300 yards out.

Raine – Vogel’s hunting vignette was a pip! Got me laughing more than once, it did.

EPower – Oliver continues his run I see. Seventy-two and still rising! The fellow seems to be on a mission to eliminate the Luftstreitkräfte all on his own.

Wonderful stories and screenshots and videos gents, as always, thanks for the early morning’s entertainment. Thanks as well for Freddy’s latest gongs, he will wear them with the utmost pride. And to Freddy, he has been enjoying his time back in Blighty. He stopped home in Biddenden before going on to London, just long enough to say hello to the staff, (Mother and Father were away, as was typical), and to claim the use of the AC 10 during his leave. This particular vehicle ended up in the family’s garage as a result of one of Mr. Abbott’s investments, he having provided a sizable sum to Auto Carriers Ltd. in 1911 to fund a move and expansion of the company’s facilities. When their newest model was introduced two years later Mr. Abbott was given one by the owners as a perk. It was a fine little auto, but not one Mr. Abbott really had a use for, it being a small, open two-seater. So it became the unofficial property of young Frederick, who would joyfully drive it about when opportunities to do so arose. Being home on leave from the war certainly qualified as one such opportunity.

[Linked Image]

#4540380 - 10/11/20 04:23 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

RAF: Marcel mostly passed thru the fight then nosed down with a Hun on his six.

MFair:

I M M E R !

Attached Files wrath-of-khan-watching-recommendation-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg
Last edited by carrick58; 10/11/20 04:31 PM.
#4540385 - 10/11/20 05:22 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Marcel Jules Gilbare
Adjutant
ESC. 15 GC 13
Peirrefonds, Marne
1 Victory
6 Unconfirmed

Oct 11, 1917.

Odd Fight this morning. We had 8 a/c up on line Patrol when spotting 3 Albatross Scouts over us at 13000. They didnt dive on us ,but made us climb to attack them. I got good hits on one that just stooge around . then dove away under me. I didnt see the crash, but Our chaser a/c reported seeing a Hun hitting Zee ground. Mine ? Anyway, Hq put me on Temporary duty to Esc 31 as Section Leader in the quiet sector. They had recently been shattered by the Flying Circus loosing 14 a/c and 12 pilots KIA 2 Wnd in 3 days. Mon Dieu. They are Reforming and Equipping.

Attached Files CFS3 2020-10-11 09-48-57-07.jpgCFS3 2020-10-11 09-53-01-28.jpg
Last edited by carrick58; 10/11/20 05:24 PM.
#4540420 - 10/11/20 08:38 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, it was just another day’s work for Ziggy, but I wouldn’t call it a typical day at the office.
As to those Fokkers, if I were a betting man, my money would be on Steinmesser trading all Jasta’s Albatri for those Eindeckers in exchange for more confirmations in Vogel’s name.
So, will we see Immer in a Fokker next mission?

Lou, that is a nice paint job on that Acedes and ... Freddy, are those the keys to your new automobile in your pocket, or are you just happy to see your maid? I’m thinking ... road trip.
As to Ziggy’s long range shot, I suspect the SPAD driver must have bled out and was most likely mortally wounded much earlier. Looked good though.

Carrick, better luck in your new Escadrille.

11 October, 1917 09:45
Ceurne, Flanders Sector
Jasta 36
62 confirmed kills
Awaiting two claim confirmations

No news of Ziggy’s latest claims. Probably still being shuffled around with the rest of paperwork.
Zygmunt’s Schwarm was approaching Marckebeeke, their patrol point when Flak in the distance announced enemy machines approaching. At first, just one but then an entire string emerged previously hidden by the Albatros’ top wing. It was another one of those hair raising melees where no one knew who was following whom and who was firing where. Zygmunt tried to pick one of his targets, but was quickly dissuaded by a burst of fire into his tail. They continued to thrash about until another machine happened to cross his gunsights. He took aim and fired, but was soon foiled again by a Camel with a red cowling. Hahn was getting annoyed by that bugger and actively engaged this Britisher. They sparred for a while but in the end they were kept at a stalemate. After another series of violent maneuvers the two pilots were separated and the Englander took the opportunity to disengage and run for the lines. Zygmunt’s heavy Albatros gained more momentum in the dive and was soon on top of the hapless Brit. He aimed carefully at the back of the Sopwith and sent it down with a few long bursts. After that Ziggy decided he’d had enough of dogfighting, especially that there were no enemy planes nearby and returned home.

YouTube Link

#4540499 - 10/12/20 01:16 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Carrick, I hope your new Escadrille has a better claims department.
Lou, is there room in that car for Freddy and his Royal sceptre?
Fullofit, those encounters with the Sopwiths are nail munchers! Don’t you hate it when he is just above and the old Albatros just will not get its nose up enough to fire? Nice flying Hoss!

#4540537 - 10/12/20 04:49 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, you are absolutely correct. The energy management even of novice pilots is superior to mine, which is nicely put ... crap.
When is Immer returning to the skies in his Eindecker?

12 October, 1917 08:45
Ceurne, Flanders Sector
Jasta 36
65 confirmed kills

The two SPADs from the day before and the pesky Camel from yesterday have all been confirmed. It had to be Ziggy’s lucky day.
Zygmunt was ordered to patrol over Mariakerke, but his flight never made it there. On their way they found a trio of enemy planes flying high towards Menen. One of them separated from the rest and came down. The rearguard Albatrosen went after him, while the rest of the Schwarm continued to track the remaining pair. Then another one turned towards them and began his attack. Zygmunt left him to his wingman, while he pursued the leader, still flying high. When Hahn turned his head to check his six, he noticed more Flak behind and a pair of new Camels chasing him. It was a trap! The leader soon forgotten, Ziggy turned his plane around to face the new fighters. The rest of his flight caught up by now and dogfight ensued with friendly and enemy planes weaving around, trying to get on each other’s tail. Thankfully the pair that followed Zygmunt had been split up and the German ace could concentrate on his target. Ziggy’s wingman joined him and the pair managed to push the Camel below them, giving them an advantage. Zygmunt continued to fire at the unfortunate Englander and at the same time he could see his wingman’s tracers also hitting the enemy machine. Finally, after the latest volley the Sopwith was bested, diving down towards the trench lines. He wouldn’t get far. Hahn could see the Camel’s propeller begin to slow down, but he didn’t follow him down. He watched from above as the enemy machine caught on fire and slammed into the ground just behind the frontline.
Zygmunt could see more Flak and he turned his machine to intercept. It was another Camel chasing after one of his wingmen near the airfield. Hahn was soon behind the Camel and firing. The British machine took unbelievable amount of damage before crashing into the ground. It was either that, or Zygmunt’s extraordinarily poor aim.

YouTube Link

#4540584 - 10/12/20 09:08 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Marcel Jules Gilbare
Adjutant
ESC. 15 GC 13
Peirrefonds, Marne
1 Victory
6 Unconfirmed

Oct 12, 1917.

Its Zee hurry up to wait game for orders. Posted to Line Patrol to keep my hand in Zee Boche.

Attached Files CFS3 2020-10-12 13-48-52-25.jpgCFS3 2020-10-12 13-53-13-12.jpg
#4540586 - 10/12/20 09:58 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
kksnowbear Online content
kksnowbear  Online Content

Good stuff all 'round...but I have to say carrick, those two pics look real. I mean, like you're actually there. I don't know how/why this sim manages to pull that off, but boy it does.

Great shots smile

#4540589 - 10/12/20 10:10 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Fullofit, I Hope never! I’m doing my best to stay alive in a DV. I may do a QC with 2 camels against an EIII. NOT!
Kksnowbear, Carrick is the ruling master of screenshots. They are superb.

Page 226 of 366 1 2 224 225 226 227 228 365 366

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse