Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4538760 - 09/29/20 07:27 PM Back in the saddle (again(again))  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

I've not run EECH for months. I got a new laptop at the start of the year, and this week got a new monitor "for work" biggrin

So I tried playing EECH today, using my laptop screen as a 2nd screen and exported the MFDs. It's the first time in a long time that I've just played it, and the first time using the export MFDs.

This sim is still great.

I also got a Thrustmaster T16000M flight stick in the summer as I'd been playing IL-2 Sturmovik for a while, and Elite Dangerous. My old Cyborg FLY5 just wasn't up to the job anymore, and was pretty rubbish to start with.

So once I've got back into playing this sim for a while, I think I'll try and get back to working on some mods. I burned myself out on it for the last things I did, hence the long break.

#4539361 - 10/03/20 08:26 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: messyhead]  
bunik Offline
bunik  Offline

Belarus
glad to see you again biggrin

#4539437 - 10/04/20 01:51 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: messyhead]  
PatrykW Offline
PatrykW  Offline

Gillingham
Same here messyhead, I have not touched EECH for a while. I've just got sooo much stuff to do in the new house plus my work at the moment is proper mental but I am hoping that one day I will be able to sort things out and fly a few missions. The only thing I fear is DCS coming up with some more helos and having a proper dynamic campaign which might be the end of the road for some of the EECH players. Talking about joysticks I still got the X55 that I want to finish modyfing one day and turn eveyrything into proper helo controls. One day biggrin

#4539452 - 10/04/20 04:10 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: messyhead]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

are you talking about mi24 without a movable turret and without awionics? hahaha
for me this mi24 is useless and pointless.
thealx mi 24 is light years before mi24 dcs.it has practically a complete gunner with working optics.
Are you talking about a dynamic dcs campaign? hahaha
I can't believe I'll ever see it finished.
a dcs campaign requires dozens of people and many years of work.
even if they release anything, it will be a dummy, not a dynamic campaign.
already many publishers have given up and went bankrupt when they start doing dynamic campaigns.
I will only mention Combat Helo and Combat Air Patrol 2. And a few more.
the era of dynamic campaigns is over with bms and eech, nothing else will happen.

Last edited by BANITA; 10/04/20 04:12 PM.
#4539512 - 10/05/20 08:24 AM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: PatrykW]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

Originally Posted by PatrykW
Same here messyhead, I have not touched EECH for a while. I've just got sooo much stuff to do in the new house plus my work at the moment is proper mental but I am hoping that one day I will be able to sort things out and fly a few missions. The only thing I fear is DCS coming up with some more helos and having a proper dynamic campaign which might be the end of the road for some of the EECH players. Talking about joysticks I still got the X55 that I want to finish modyfing one day and turn eveyrything into proper helo controls. One day biggrin

I'm getting an error so my campaign progress has stopped (see my other post)

I'm moving house next March, so I reckon after that, I'll not have much time. And I've been spending the evenings decorating our house getting it ready to sell.

#4540197 - 10/10/20 06:21 AM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: messyhead]  
PatrykW Offline
PatrykW  Offline

Gillingham
Originally Posted by messyhead

I'm moving house next March, so I reckon after that, I'll not have much time. And I've been spending the evenings decorating our house getting it ready to sell.

I know the feeling. And once you got your new house you will spend more evening decorating again and changing things around biggrin biggrin biggrin its a never ending process lol

#4544340 - 11/10/20 02:31 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: messyhead]  
BlueThunder Offline
BlueThunder  Offline

Hi...

Like messyhead, I've not been flying an EECH for quite a while.
I've made a fresh install of EECH, plus 1.16.0, plus 1.16.1, plus Poland and finally the AH-64D Hi-Res textures.
There are either some things I don't yet recall or I'm just confused so I figured to post here and hopefully someone can offer just a bit of clarity/help/advice.

Firstly, I keep getting missions with the AH-64A Apache and I don't seem to be able to activate the radar or switch seats.
If I look down in the cockpit, there is quite a large area that has no geometry/textures, and there is a row of lights above the MFD's that don't appear to work.
I can start the rotor, lift off and cycle MFD's and sorta blindly fire weapons.
This is in the first campaign listed under Alaska, and I am finding myself under heavy fire, almost immediately too.

Secondly, it is a lot harder to fly than I recall it being a few years back. It might be just that I need to get back up to speed but I am finding it especially difficult to land

For Dynamics, I only have Cross Couple, Ground Effect and Transitional lift set to On and everything else Off.

For Realism, I have...
Co-Pilot Tgt ID = Realistic
Co-Pilot ECM = Off
Avionics = Realistic
Difficulty = Easy
Co-Pilot Identify Tgts = On

I haven't changed anything in EECH.ini.

If the AH-64A is flyable but not fully implemented, is there a way to change all AH-64A assignments to AH-64D as the radar works fine for me there.

I'm also interested to look into world/map/mission tools so last of all, if anyone had time/inclination to point me in the right direction regarding info about this aspect, that would be great too.

To start with though, I really just want to understand if my experience with the AH-64A is the same as everyone else or maybe I must try re-installing once more?

Thank you to anyone that can offer help/advice.

And congratulations to everyone that has contributed to keep the game alive as I am simply in awe of all the time and effort that has been put in to achieve this and all the mods development is really amazing.

Cheers, Johnny

#4544387 - 11/10/20 06:17 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: messyhead]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

Hello
you must choose apache D, and you will have a suitable cockpit.if you choose apache a, you have an old useless cockpit that was in the first version of the game.
which flight model did you install?if Javelin is for me much more realistic and simple than the standard one.

Last edited by BANITA; 11/10/20 06:21 PM.
#4544396 - 11/10/20 06:59 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: ]  
BlueThunder Offline
BlueThunder  Offline

Hi Banita
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I must be really stupid somehow but I cannot see any option in the mission selection process to change the type of helicopter and cannot see any missions with AH-64D.
I just tried a Viper on my last attempt and also cannot get the Ground or Air radar to operate the same.
The Viper has its own cockpit and while it is also not as pretty as the modded AH-64D pit, I don't mind this.
I don't mind having older pits in general, but I do need to work out how to get the radar to work.
If there was someway to show missions that include only AH64-D and Comanche, I guess that would work too as those are currently the only blue side choppers I have flown where the radar works.
Just getting missions to generate that include these seems very hit and miss?
Thanks again.

Last edited by BlueThunder; 11/10/20 07:00 PM.
#4544399 - 11/10/20 07:09 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: messyhead]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

Some theaters don't have specific helicopters, you had to pick one, try lebanon, there definitely is ah64d.
No have idea about radar,old apache cockpit also has working radar. Try find apache d, and report if radar working.
Viper ah1 z no radar. comanche has radar, apache a,d also.

Last edited by BANITA; 11/10/20 07:11 PM.
#4544410 - 11/10/20 08:43 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: ]  
BlueThunder Offline
BlueThunder  Offline

@Banita. Thank you
I started Lebanon and there are indeed missions with AH-64D and the radar works fine.
Also confirmed radar is working in Comanche.
Just no dice at all with the AH-64A.
I'll try installing once again as I had installed EEAH then EECH then mods but I just read that from modded 1.16.0 that it is no longer necessary to install EEAH so maybe I have created a problem somewhere by installing the way that I did.
Really appreciate the help!

#4544476 - 11/11/20 12:40 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: messyhead]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

The AH64A doesn't have radar, unless it's faked in that cockpit. Only the D has the radar.

#4544533 - 11/11/20 06:06 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: messyhead]  
BlueThunder Offline
BlueThunder  Offline

@messyhead. Thank you also for posting a response here.
I'm thinking it seems like it's only the main Gunships that have radar, those being...
AH-64D Apache and Comanche for Blue
Havok and Hokum/Black Shark for Red

Maybe I've just been unlucky seeing so many missions generated that involved the AH-64A, which quite frankly I'd choose to remove entirely as it is and replace all those flights with the AH-64D, simply because it makes more missions attractive to fly.
EE has evolved so much over the years and it's really amazing what everyone has contributed via the mods, so there is just a lot that I am finding a bit unfamiliar coming back to it.
I actually played EEAH the most of any version as when it came out it was right up there, with Jane's Longbow that I also played a bunch back in the day.
After buying both EEAH and EECH from GOG to see about revisiting, I messed up and installed them seprately first of all, but having done this I have to say for me that EEAH made the stronger impression.
I find the the pre-flight wrapper/presentation aspect of EEAH is much more pleasing to the same in EECH, and I prefer how the various options are laid out, and everything is just cleaner, but most of all the graphic style is really slick and impactful, with a really distinctive style and color palette.
EECH just isn't so pleasing in this regard, and I remember now how I always preferred the Apache/Havok to the two seat Comanche/Havok combo in EECH so it was a good job the games could be installed together.
Maybe it was just because I had in the past played so much Gunship 2000 and Jane's Longbow.
That said I always thought a lot more could have been made of the Comanche stealth properties in EECH, and I think I always expected it to be a bit faster of a vehicle, and avoiding radars being a bit more familiar to how I remember F-19/F-117A being back in the day.
Indeed I enjoyed a fair few of the MICROPROSE games and remember only too well checking off being rewarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in F-19, F-117A, F-15 II and Gunship 2000 and also playing loads of Knights of the Sky and M1 Tank Platoon, but maybe those games just happened to be the ones that were being marketed and available at the time I had all that free time and it was all new too.

ANYWAYS, I AM PROPERLY RAMBLING NOW, AND I ONLY MEANT TO POST A THANK YOU FOR YOU POSTING A REPLY!

I'm hoping to fly a few successful missions in the AH-64D later on smile

#4544545 - 11/11/20 07:35 PM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: messyhead]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

"Maybe I've just been unlucky seeing so many missions generated that involved the AH-64A"
You can edit file formcomp.dat and just change all ah64 a to d.

Last edited by BANITA; 11/11/20 07:36 PM.
#4544604 - 11/12/20 12:03 AM Re: Back in the saddle (again(again)) [Re: ]  
BlueThunder Offline
BlueThunder  Offline

@Banita
Thank you so much for the info about editing formcamp.dat.
I did exactly what said and alas there are now many AH-64D flights.
I flew 3 missions so far and have been having a good time : )

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.