Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4538897 - 09/30/20 05:28 PM A Question to other fathers  
FishTaco Offline
Forever Cromulent
FishTaco  Offline
Forever Cromulent

Perth, Western Australia
As many of you know, in recent months I have been stressed out and anxious about not being able to see my daughter in the Philippines. Tomorrow, I am going to try to set up a meeting with a local politician. I just wanted to get some other opinions, just to make sure that I am not over reacting to the situation re; my daughter.

Currently, my daughter is 11 years old. She has a half sister, and a half brother. The sister has bullied my daughter for a few years, but my daughter stands up to her. The main problem is coming from her brother, who is now (As I recall) about 21-25 years old. The boy is out and out homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that) but for some years now, he has been dressing up and putting makeup on my daughter, effectively making her look older. The last time I was there, I directly asked him not to do this anymore, he laughed, and said yes. But it has continued, and I think has gone too far.

Recently, I was alerted by a friend over there (sister of one of my daughters teachers) that a Facebook page had been created under my daughters name. Sure enough, it is there, even though as I believe you have to be 13 to create a Facebook page. In her photos, she has been "done up"'; her hair has been colored, she has full makeup on, and even has colored contact lenses in her eyes. For me, this has been very distressing, because (I hate saying this) she looks seductive, but also VERY unhappy. Let's face facts; a lot of perverts go to the Philippines to have sex with young girls. I don't want this to happen to my daughter. There are tons of young, single mums out there, I don't want my daughter to become just another statistic. My concerns is that she could be taken advantage of by an older man. She gets my family height as well, so she already looks a little older than what she is anyway.

Attempts to contact her mother and discuss this have all been ignored.

I'm appealing to a local politician to try to help me to get an exemption to fly. I need to know that my daughter is safe. Emotionally and mentally, it is wrecking me. My question to all is this:

Am I over-reacting? Am I just of a generation that has not noticed change? Or would other fathers of an 11 year old daughter have similar concerns to me? Delicate subjects, but I would appreciate all opinions.

Thanks again,

Andrew.

Kindest regards,

AJ

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete." - The Art of War - Sun Tzu
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4538910 - 09/30/20 07:05 PM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
David Kennard Offline
David Kennard  Offline

Northern Virginia, USA
Not a father but you def need to at the very least let Facebook know about the page since that is something you can do from AUS.

Good luck going forward and hope all turns out well

"I'm a hundred miles away son, ready to strike"

GPL Racing: Average Drivers Club

SimHQ Motorsports: SimHQ Motorsports

EVGA Z170 Classified K MB, Intel i7-6700K CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 GPU, EVGA 850 G3 PSU, Bitfenix Dawn TG Case, Windows 10,
32gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz Memory, 500gb WD Black SN750 NVMe Boot Drive

#4538911 - 09/30/20 07:11 PM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
No, you are not overreacting. I would have a fit if my daughter was doing what yours was. You need to do everything in your power to shut down her Facebook account and separate her from half brother, who is a very bad influence on her, and sadly, sounds like her mother is a problem, too. Is there any way you can sue for custody?

#4538914 - 09/30/20 07:21 PM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
I agree with the other posters ,,I have two daughters and several grand daughters ,,She's too young for that kind of stuff and the step brother is too old to be doing stuff like that,,,and posting it on FB is asking for trouble..I hope you get permission to travel soon and get s couple of folks down there straightened out..Good luck M8

Russ
Semper Fi
#4538915 - 09/30/20 07:36 PM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
FishTaco Offline
Forever Cromulent
FishTaco  Offline
Forever Cromulent

Perth, Western Australia
Thanks guys.

Happy to know I'm not over reacting to this. I was mostly unhappy that she had colored contacts in her eyes, when she has no vision problems. Might hurt her eyes. As for her brother, I've warned him in the past, he has generally looked at me and laughed things off. But now a number of my friends have concerns too, if which they have advised me.

Under Filipino law, the odds are stacked against me. Because I did not marry her mother, she is seen there as an illigitimate child, even though I signed her birth certificate as father. Under this law, her mother gets custody until Elise is 18.

I can fight this but it will have to be dirty. I will have to display to the court that she has been neglected (she has) and paint the family as a bad influence. Got witnesses to help me with this, including her teachers.

Just hoping and praying for an exemption to fly. Hope this politician can help me.

Kindest regards,

AJ

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete." - The Art of War - Sun Tzu
#4538917 - 09/30/20 07:47 PM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
It's asking for trouble even if there's nothing going on right now.

And I'd be leery of a daughter that age having any social media presence at all, as that's course how a lot of predators start "shopping".

I don't think its a coincidence that my stepdaughter was stalked for a time by multiple men in vehicles soon after she opened a Facebook account when she was 14.

#4538947 - 09/30/20 10:46 PM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
The world is a rampantly evil place and you are right to be concerned. Your daughter is your responsibility, so don't let anything or anyone stand in the way of doing what is right by her. Move to the Philippines if you have to. The system isn't kind to fathers in this day and age, which I have learned firsthand. But don't let a broken system of people who don't care about her prevent you from taking care of her.

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918
#4538952 - 09/30/20 11:11 PM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

Facebook has child protection rules for under 13s, they may not have nor use a FB profile.

They have a duty to follow their terms of service.

#4538953 - 09/30/20 11:23 PM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

She’s certainly a vulnerable target and is on the path to human trafficking.

I wouldn’t take it lightly. Human sex trafficking is rampant right now, and unfortunately it’s very likely she’s already been found by online predators.

I’d contact FB with her profile, and proof that she is only 11. Demand they suspend the account. Threaten legal action as well.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4538955 - 09/30/20 11:50 PM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
Overreacting , Hell! No such thing in this situation. Keep doing what you're doing. I have a fourteen year old daughter who I watch like a hawk. She is home schooled. One day I heard her on her computer, and I heard a man's voice. I thought, "Who the *&%$ is she talking to, and I went right into her room. It was her on-line math teacher! Ooops! Can't be too careful.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4538960 - 10/01/20 12:54 AM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
FishTaco Offline
Forever Cromulent
FishTaco  Offline
Forever Cromulent

Perth, Western Australia
I knew I was right about this.

It's my duty to protect her with my life, and I take that duty very seriously. So far, I have put in 3 requests for international travel to our border control, but they have rejected me based on: "We do not allow family reunions" WTF? I have given them a 12 points document explaining my concerns. But I think here, you have to fit into a 'criteria'....in fact, I'm sure there is a computer assessing my request, not a person, even though in all cases there has been a name on the end of the rejection letter (conveniently without a surname, reference number, or return email address) so it seems impossible to appeal. I'm hoping that if I can see this politician, I can show him her on FB. I know he has daughters, so it may appeal to his family side. Still awaiting a reply from his office.

One thing that has happened here, is that with this COVID thing, Australians have been able to tap into some of their retirement money. I did this because I had lost my job, and I'm still out of work now. The good thing is, I'm banking this money, and if I go to the Phil and live a more conservative life there, nothing extravagant, I should be good to live there for about 3 years, even if I don't work. Reasonable price flights to get there, I check every few days, probably not the best thing to do, I know. I can't think of anything else that I can do to expedite this. But man, emotionally, it's doing me in real bad.

Kindest regards,

AJ

#4538974 - 10/01/20 03:05 AM Re: A Question to other fathers [Re: FishTaco]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Call police on half brother.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.