Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4535569 - 09/02/20 06:04 AM CH Products download page is dead  
Over50 Offline
Over50  Offline

Michigan, USA
FWIW CH Products link to download CTRL MGR. 4.55a is apparently dead.

I reinstalled W10 to solve a registry problem and found out at some point I had inadvertently deleted my flash drive backup copy of the the program. When I attempted to download it from CH Products the link just blinked when clicked.

I was going to email them to ask if the program had been removed and even the contact email link doesn't work.

I know CH Hanger had been defunct for users but wasn't aware CH has apparently killed the CTRL Mgr. download now as well...

All said, my saved mapped setup for my CH Products use in WOTR can't be used now. All of the sim forums I can find all point to the CH website for the download.

If there's an alternate site to download CTRL Mgr. someone here know of please post it.

Otherwise, the dev's may as well remove the setup CH Products config info from the FAQ...

W10, I7-8700 CPU
32 GB RAM
RTX 3070
500 GB SSD
TrackIR v5

#4535573 - 09/02/20 10:05 AM Re: CH Products download page is dead [Re: Over50]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Not sure if it's the same as what you're referring to, as I don't use that software.

But from >THIS LINK< I was able to download Control Manager 4.55a OK - at least using Chrome. Maybe a browser issue, or the address you're using is bad? (I found it by Googling and got to the CH Products website >HERE< )

Last edited by kksnowbear; 09/02/20 10:06 AM.
#4535701 - 09/03/20 07:24 AM Re: CH Products download page is dead [Re: kksnowbear]  
Over50 Offline
Over50  Offline

Michigan, USA
Thank you!! I installed Chrome then went to the CH website and the download worked! I'm using Firefox and even with the browser download security settings disabled it still blocked the CTRL Mgr download....

I have it saved to a thumb drive again ..

W10, I7-8700 CPU
32 GB RAM
RTX 3070
500 GB SSD
TrackIR v5

#4535740 - 09/03/20 02:24 PM Re: CH Products download page is dead [Re: Over50]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

I actually use and prefer Firefox myself...but the thing is, you never know any more what sites support which browser(s). I keep all three installed, and use Firefox as a 'default'. But when it has issues, first thing I do is try a different browser (or two lol).

Glad it helped smile

Incidentally, if you have a DVD burner (or even a CD burner) let me suggest that you should "archive" all your go-to files, utilities, and other important stuff by burning an optical disk of some sort. They are, generally, less likely to have problems/read failures (if properly created and stored), and - even though some are 're-writable' - less likely to be accidentally erased/overwritten IMHO.

You could also use an inexpensive external USB drive as a backup; there is good free backup software and (if you want) it's usually pretty easy to set up a system to turn on automatically, do a backup, then shutdown or go to sleep. This way it takes place when you're not using the machine, and after the initial setup, really all you have to do is check to make sure it runs periodically, and you're all set.

#4536371 - 09/09/20 06:27 AM Re: CH Products download page is dead [Re: kksnowbear]  
Over50 Offline
Over50  Offline

Michigan, USA
Follow up ....

I got control mgr. installed again .... but .... after selecting my CH USB Combat Stick to calibrate it nothing happened ... the page froze with a message Control Mgr. not responding. I tried numerous times, same result. I uninstalled and resintalled control mgr ... same result.... program not responding.

Why it works with some W10 users and not with others is beyond my pay grade to understand. Just to mention I have the latest W10 2004 version update installed.

W10, I7-8700 CPU
32 GB RAM
RTX 3070
500 GB SSD
TrackIR v5

#4536382 - 09/09/20 10:27 AM Re: CH Products download page is dead [Re: Over50]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

I'll tell you, the way Windows is any more, it could be a billion things. That said - and if you already tried this, forgive me - you might try making sure to both install the program and run it as an Administrator. If the program doesn't have the access rights/permissions that are needed to allow it to access and/or modify certain files, for example, it might result in the behavior you're seeing.

Another possibility is some conflict with other software, hence "...it works with some W10 users and not with others...". But, at least this means it will work in Windows 10, in the right circumstances - so there's that, FWIW.

Sorry I can't help more, but good luck smile

#4536440 - 09/09/20 05:36 PM Re: CH Products download page is dead [Re: kksnowbear]  
Over50 Offline
Over50  Offline

Michigan, USA
Thanks for the reply..

I can't explain how for sure but I got it working after repetitive uninstalling and reinstalling control mgr.

All USB controllers have to be disconnected to uninstall the software and my best guess is when installing it you have to have the pedals, joystick, etc., plugged in first to be recognized as the software configures.

In addition, the uninstall leaves orphaned files in the registry as I found out when I finally thought about running the CCleaner registry sweep after uninstalling Control Mgr.. These left over file references may have been the problem when installing the control mgr. software.

The telling indication the software install was successful was when I attempted to calibrate my USB CH Combat Stick within W10 and got a prompt with words to the effect the calibration was now being handled by Control Mgr.

So back to Control Mgr. I went and this time when I clicked on the calibrate button I was able to rescan both the joystick and my Pro rudder pedals, then do the calibration for both.

To sum up, while you have to disconnect all USB controllers before running the Control Mgr uninstall, you also have to run a registry cleaner to get rid of the orphaned file references. Once done, plug in all of your USB controllers prior to installing the software.

W10, I7-8700 CPU
32 GB RAM
RTX 3070
500 GB SSD
TrackIR v5

#4538094 - 09/23/20 08:40 AM Re: CH Products download page is dead [Re: Over50]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

I'll add this to the FAQ section in the forum I think may help others. Thanks guys.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4538365 - 09/25/20 02:20 PM Re: CH Products download page is dead [Re: Over50]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Tips for deal with CH Manager shenanigans in Windows 1'0 1903, e.g. close MS Store, other user say that load profiles in DOS mode work OK for him, other that CH support answer this inquiries with "Manager is no longer being developed, neither is supported and.. is it not necessary" for use their joysticks. smile

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topi...date/?do=findComment&comment=1003351

#4539288 - 10/03/20 04:50 AM Re: CH Products download page is dead [Re: Over50]  
Over50 Offline
Over50  Offline

Michigan, USA
Just a FYI for anyone thinking of buying MS Flight Sim 2020 -

Flight Sim 2020 will recognize CH Products gear BUT none is among the auto configured PC controllers in the game so you have to manually map the buttons, switches, pro pedals, etc. ... BUT ... with CH Products Control Mgr. installed the game will NOT recognize any CH gear as I found out.

I had manually configured my yoke and rudder pedals but after I installed Control Mgr. neither one was recognized when I fired up MS Flight Sim 2020. After I uninstalled control mgr. both my yoke and rudder pedals were again recognized along with my manually mapped buttons and switches.

W10, I7-8700 CPU
32 GB RAM
RTX 3070
500 GB SSD
TrackIR v5

#4540323 - 10/11/20 12:31 AM Re: CH Products download page is dead [Re: Over50]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
Originally Posted by Over50
Just a FYI for anyone thinking of buying MS Flight Sim 2020 -

Flight Sim 2020 will recognize CH Products gear BUT none is among the auto configured PC controllers in the game so you have to manually map the buttons, switches, pro pedals, etc. ... BUT ... with CH Products Control Mgr. installed the game will NOT recognize any CH gear as I found out.

I had manually configured my yoke and rudder pedals but after I installed Control Mgr. neither one was recognized when I fired up MS Flight Sim 2020. After I uninstalled control mgr. both my yoke and rudder pedals were again recognized along with my manually mapped buttons and switches.

Strange, I've managed to use CM, create a .map for MSFS, download the .map, restart my computer, and it works just fine. Bit of a PITA because I have to shut my computer down and turn it back on in order for the .map to work, but, it's a work around that, works. Once I do, MSFS recognizes all my CM Devices. Now, if I don't use CM, and just fire up MSFS, MSFS sees them as CH FlightSim Yoke, CH ProPedals, CH Throttle Quadrant

Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.