Can I give some love to AAPG? I mean, sure, it was released in 2015, and it looks a bit dated now, but I just love this game, and have been playing it virtually non-stop.

Here's why:

(1) Its free. When I say, its "Free" I don't mean, "its free, but if you want it to be even a little bit enjoyable you need to buy 42 DLCs at $9.99 apiece", I mean free, free.
(2) Its made by the US Army as a recruitment tool. I just think that's cool.
(3) The weapons handling and ballistics is really decent. Single shots are inherently more accurate, full auto is basically useless at range except in very short bursts.
(4) The game is populated with pretty nice guys. Voice comms are almost essential for this game, and the reality is that because this is now an older game the community is not massive. As a result you'll commonly play with people you've played with before. That builds community, and really makes it more fun. I basically play every night with almost all the same people.
(5) The level of competition is fierce. This is good and bad. If you're new you're going to get killed. A lot. Because the guys who've been playing it since 2015 know every piece of every map the bullets will go through. Every angle. Every puddle location (so they know where you are when you step in it). Its more fun with a high level of competition (once you get past the initial learning curve).
(6) Cheating has been pretty much done away with. Lots of banned accounts out there, but ACI on most servers keep those guys out, even if they make new accounts.
(7) The grenades are not unique in priming them before you throw them, other games have done it, but this game has done it best. There's nothing like getting an "outfield assist" kill on someone.
(8) The first time you die, your teammates can medic you and pick you up. But only once, and to do so they put themselves at some risk. You can also ziptie an enemy you kill, which prevents the other team from medic'ing them. This adds a gameplay mechanic that is fun and somewhat unique.

The only downsides are the graphics look a bit dated now, and the steep learning curve for new players.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] ]

The word "Martyr" is just a fancy name for "crappy fighter".