Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4535405 - 08/31/20 09:17 PM War Game Guru interview with TFS  
ATAG_Pattle Offline
ATAG_Pattle  Offline

Australia
We hope you enjoy our (Mike aka Buzz, and Pete aka Pattle) interview with Rod from the War Game Guru channel, which has just been released.

Thanks to Rod for taking the time to interview us.

There was lots to talk about and discuss, not only in relation to where Team Fusion is now, but our plans moving forward. thumbsup

Cheers,

Pattle

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4535451 - 09/01/20 12:02 PM Re: War Game Guru interview with TFS [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Nice listen, thx for sharing. I do agree with the interviewer on all the kudos cheers and also his point that the AI still needs major attention. It's a buzzkill for single players and such a shame with all the work that the team has put into campaign and mission content. Was flying the second mission of the first DW campaign in my P40, engaged the AI fighters, ended up chasing one that had bugged out after about one minute of combat, he was flying straight and level to whoknowswhere and didn't even evade when I closed and started shooting. Most unsatisfying kill possible. Desire to continue to next mission faded as fast as he fell out of the sky.

[Linked Image]
#4535542 - 09/01/20 11:59 PM Re: War Game Guru interview with TFS [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Perhaps a dead pilot? The AI I've encountered have been evasive and annoying. This reminds me of the story of the British fighter pilot who suffered mortal wounds while in combat. His plane flew straight and level and eventually ended up in the canopy of trees, where the plane and pilot's body were eventually recovered

Example. Chasing this 109 in my spitty at the edge of a stall, poor firing solution, but I'm firing. In anger. I'd been chasing this bugger for some time

[Linked Image]

Been chasing this guy around for a while. Had to have a nap after smile

[Linked Image]

I have not listened to the interview yet. And I'm an average fighter pilot at best smile

Hits!

[Linked Image]

#4535596 - 09/02/20 02:04 PM Re: War Game Guru interview with TFS [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Maybe a dead pilot, doubt it. Question though, based on your screenies from above in which you were in pursuit. How many times have you had an AI on your tail you can't shake? Not one that takes a passing shot, but one that goes after you.

Simply invert, dive, you lose them every time.

Only happens occasionally in BoX. Almost never in CoD Blitz.

Yes, could fly online if I want that kind of challenge. But what frustrates me is old games like BOB2 used to deliver that kind of heart thumping pursuit by AI (that also respected the laws of physics and reflect the skill settings of the pilots). AI whose wingmen flew like wingmen, followed orders, used boom and zoom, split S, scissors and drag and bag tactics. Why could a game15 years old do it, but not a modern sim? I know the original devs of CoD didn't prioritise the AI sufficiently and it must be #%&*$# near impossible to fix what was so broken, but I will continue to live in hope because so much else in Blitz/DW is brilliant.

[Linked Image]
#4535612 - 09/02/20 03:16 PM Re: War Game Guru interview with TFS [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Yes I was commenting on aircraft flying straight and level while being pursued.

Being shot at by AI is a totally different thang

I find air combat a delight in this sim, perhaps it's because of sub par ai and my sub par fighter skills

#4535835 - 09/04/20 03:45 AM Re: War Game Guru interview with TFS [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by HeinKill
Maybe a dead pilot, doubt it. Question though, based on your screenies from above in which you were in pursuit. How many times have you had an AI on your tail you can't shake? Not one that takes a passing shot, but one that goes after you.

Simply invert, dive, you lose them every time.

Well don't invert and dive and have some fun

Enemy AI will engage in passing attacks but this seems accurate to me. This is war, not a video game wink

In these pics I'm chasing down an enemy AI, I'm in the P 40

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#4535836 - 09/04/20 03:57 AM Re: War Game Guru interview with TFS [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by HeinKill
Maybe a dead pilot, doubt it.

dead pilot

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.