Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4532935 - 08/07/20 03:45 PM Re: Dear Mr. Jelly [Re: MrJelly]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

The above screens are very helpful, and I will input them exactly into the Win 7 machine, test nGlide, and then install D3d windower, and test. Mark EAW gives relevant settings doe D3D windower program on his Help site, so I hope all goes well with that aspect of the Win 7 installation.

Assuming so (fingers crossed), then it on to the main event, that of getting V1.60 to run properly on the Win 10 machine. Apparently, I won't need the D3D windower program in that application, and perhaps that will simplify things. We'll see.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4532952 - 08/07/20 05:40 PM Re: Dear Mr. Jelly [Re: RIBob]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Bob I run EAW with just nglide no 3dwindower Why do you feel you need to use that ?? Just unzip Jellys 1.60 and install nglide and use his settings and launch that pup,,Just remember when you install nglide it installs outside the EAW folder but EAW picks it up..And nglide is for flying glide and you can still fly D3d try both and see what works best on your rig,,Adding too many outside program only causes issues,,I've done a simple 1.60 setup the basic and nglide and no issues but get the base running well fiirst
Just try the base 1.60 and then if you want glide nglide and see where you stand,,You know the old saying KISS

Russ
Semper Fi
#4532957 - 08/07/20 07:20 PM Re: Dear Mr. Jelly [Re: RIBob]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
To clarify smile

On my desktop PC with the Win 7 HDD in the slot the selection screens for the target and home base show a badly garbled map that prevents any selections being made.
This is the case with all versions of EAW, so to fix this I run the d3dWindower in Win 7.

Because I have an AMD card I get horizon fog, so I do not need nGlide in either Win 7 or Win 10.
I have nGlide installed on it just for testing purposes
If I put the Win 10 HDD in the slot I need neither nGlide nor the d3dWindower.

My later Win 10 laptop has a nvidia card, so I use nGlide to get horizon fog.
My old laptop has a nvidia card, and the Vista operating system, so I run nGlide to get horizon fog, and use the d3dWindower to fix the map screen problem. I would have to do the same if it had Win 7 installed.

So Bob, you need to run EAW in Glide mode just with nGlide in Win 10 if you want to get the horizon fog
In Win 7 you need to run EAW in Glide mode with nGlide (if you want to get horizon fog), and via the d3dWindower to fix screen problems.

As less is involved it makes more sense to first get EAW running in Win10 in d3D mode without the d3dWindower
Once you have achieved that you can try running it in glide mode with nGlide.

Once that is working then you can do the same for Win 7, but running it via the d3dWindower.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4532963 - 08/07/20 08:31 PM Re: Dear Mr. Jelly [Re: RIBob]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Jelly I run EAW in Win7 with nglide and use the DirectDraw compatibility tool and my screens are clean With only the configure game screen a bit fuzzy but the sub choice screens to set stuff up are clear..Never got the hang of D3D Widower..and it works well with stock EAW,,EAWPRO,,and 1.60 Using a Geforce 1050 that Bob gifted me...Maybe I'll give the Widower program another try and see how it goes but I never was able to get it to fill the screen

Russ
Semper Fi
#4533009 - 08/08/20 04:28 PM Re: Dear Mr. Jelly [Re: RIBob]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Russ smile

I have just sent you a PM showing you my D3DWindower and nGlide settings for Windows 7

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4533063 - 08/09/20 05:45 PM Re: Dear Mr. Jelly [Re: MrJelly]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Originally Posted by MrJelly
Russ smile

I have just sent you a PM showing you my D3DWindower and nGlide settings for Windows 7

Would you please send the identical PM to me, as well?

#4533066 - 08/09/20 06:14 PM Re: Dear Mr. Jelly [Re: RIBob]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

My Win7 D3DWindower set-up with nGlide

The first essential is the "eaw.ini" being set to 1024x768
The Glide code in the 160 exe requires this resolution, and it is not negotiable:

[GRAPHICS]
Width=1024
Height=768
Then the D3DWindower:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Then nGlide:
[Linked Image]

My monitor is 1920x1080 and with these settings the full screen height is used in the game, but because the 1024x768 ini resolution is in the 4:3 ratio I do not get the full width. The width is actually 1440, but I do get a round gunsight. and not an oval one due to stretching.

I launch EAW via the windower by double clicking the eaw icon in the main Windower window.
Sometimes it does not launch first time with Win 7 and I have to try again.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4535116 - 08/28/20 10:21 PM Re: Dear Mr. Jelly [Re: MrJelly]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Originally Posted by MrJelly
My Win7 D3DWindower set-up with nGlide

The first essential is the "eaw.ini" being set to 1024x768
The Glide code in the 160 exe requires this resolution, and it is not negotiable:

[GRAPHICS]
Width=1024
Height=768
Then the D3DWindower:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Then nGlide:
[Linked Image]

My monitor is 1920x1080 and with these settings the full screen height is used in the game, but because the 1024x768 ini resolution is in the 4:3 ratio I do not get the full width. The width is actually 1440, but I do get a round gunsight. and not an oval one due to stretching.

I launch EAW via the windower by double clicking the eaw icon in the main Windower window.
Sometimes it does not launch first time with Win 7 and I have to try again.

That is most helpful, and I will incorporate your suggestions into my Win 7 rig.

Once I have that running properly, and by that I mean full updates for your version of the game, and possible add-ons, as you suggest, I'll report back.

As it is now, I am in "high-season" to do many outdoor projects, many of which have demanded by "She That Must Be Obeyed". Since I live in the same house, these things also benefit me.,

Stand-by for an upcoming Win 7 review, and then a branching-out to Win 10.

I certainly apologize for my tardiness in response, but, with all respect, real life takes precedence.

All the best, RIBob

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.