Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30
#4626526 - 05/14/23 04:39 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
Old Marina is in the books for me. Was a very close race with Derek up to the very last hole in the second round. wink

Once again very enjoyable playing togther with your ghosts and taking the time to watch you play. Good golf, guys!

Perfectly fine for me if we are resetting all the point, etc. for the next season. Kind of a fresh start.

Derek, the current power setting on my driver is 91 with the fittings all specced into power. The timing got a big hit though, hence I´ m sticking to the rythm archetype as a compromise.

Time is the only luxury.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4626531 - 05/14/23 06:47 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Just hopped on to check the leaderboard. Good golf. Five eagles Frank? That's not bad smile

My driver is 93 power and I've been using sculptor which has a higher power number, but you're a club longer off the tee. Which is fine since anything out beyond 300 yards is going to play well on these pro-length courses. It's nice to reach those par fives though. I guess that's how you get five eagles.

I'll end this season after Hauteluce. The stats has an all-time and current season toggle I think, so we don't lose any record of past accomplishment.

Old Marina ends midnight GMT, Frank is the leader in the clubhouse. I played well, but Frank played a little better!

Next event is Korda Canyon and if you haven't played it you're in for a treat. Good luck.

Old Marina is done and dusted. Good match.

Turns out I had switched a few events back I guess and was using rhythm again. Swapped to sculptor for the Korda Canyon tournament. Honestly it doesn't feel all that different between the two, but I do get a little more distance. Just a few yards with a well struck driver.

I really like this course. It's a shotmaker's course in the same way Sky Peaks is, but it is not extreme like that course. Conditions for both rounds are rather settled, a bit of a breeze. So if you can keep it out of trouble you can score. Many elevated tees, especially on the par 3s make club selection tricky. This same course came up in a different society tonight as well, and I shot identical opening rounds in both events. That society is called Good Good Golf if anyone wants a third round at Korda Canyon. It's public, and the leaders are 20+-under.

Last edited by DBond; 05/15/23 01:34 AM.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4626687 - 05/16/23 07:19 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Checked the leaderboard and that some good golf. Well played gentlemen. Wigean is deadly with the blade.

How did you guys like Korda Canyon? Cool course right? It ends midnight GMT and then we are off to TPC Deere Run.

#4626689 - 05/16/23 07:48 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Well played guys.

Korda Canyon was great fun. The elevation differences were challenging. It sort of tried to lure you to take risks when the opposite paid off. At least for me.

I am more comfortable with the swing now.
I can see that is some holes you guys with better equipment can reach the green in fewer shots. But I am working on it.

Looking forward to the next round.

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4626699 - 05/16/23 09:57 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
Congrats, guys!
Looking at your scores during the rounds I thought I must be swinging at the wrong course. wink

That was the first event I was close to a rage quit to be honest. Nothing went to plan here for me... pitchafit

Time is the only luxury.
#4626702 - 05/16/23 11:18 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
If you're like me you'll have those rounds where you're just not sharp. Even so you shot good golf.

You guys are piling up the eagles too. Sintax and I were in a race to see who could drop the most eagles until he went off to do other stuff. But you guys are closing that gap anyway despite fewer tournaments played. We've not had a double eagle and I reckon that is coming.

I really like the course we just played. I like elevation, and courses where you have to think off the tee. We've played a number that fit the description.

Deere Run is in Illinois, more of a parkland course, though it is dispy doo. Level lies are hard to come by. Good luck. Two events left before the reset.

#4626737 - 05/17/23 12:07 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Posted a ghost at Deere Run. Played OK, not great. Avoided trouble and missed a lot of putts. My score is there for the taking. Still struggling with 3-click around the greens. Good luck gentlemen.

#4626745 - 05/17/23 01:17 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Any changes you guys want to see for season 2? Like for example would you rather play longer tournaments over a longer window? Four rounds over three or four days instead of two over two? Handicap events? Higher entry fee? No entry fee?

One thing I'd like to try some day is a scramble match. Of course we would need four players gathered together at the same time, so maybe not possible? But it would be fun.

#4626764 - 05/17/23 05:03 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Anything you guys decide are fine by me.

But if I should have an opinion, I would prefer 2 rounds as it is today.
May be it`s harder for people to complete a tournament because of other schedules.

Last edited by Wigean; 05/17/23 05:07 PM.

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4626815 - 05/18/23 12:27 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
OK, thanks for the reply. I'll keep it at two, but at some point I will add one four-round tournament but make the window longer accordingly.

Deere Run ends tonight then off to Hauteluce and the final event of the first season. Then the stats get reset to we all start fresh. New schedule will be up within a day of the end of this season.

#4626826 - 05/18/23 02:50 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Sounds good.

I went in the water (again) on the 18th. biggrin

Strangely I had to drop the ball behind the public which made it unplayable.
So I skipped the hole.

It`s coming there. Very close on better score, but it`s fun.
The three click sometimes get out of rhytm as well. I tried to max out with the driver. That was a little hit and miss sometimes.
I don`t know if it will be easier to max out with better equipment. I`ll see.

#4626842 - 05/18/23 05:21 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
Did my rounds while watching the PGA championship at Oak Hil on my second monitor.
Good results again, guys. Derek again very consistent in both rounds, while Wigean and I were struggling at different times. Nice hole-out at the 6th, Wigean! thumbsup

Fired up EA´s latest PGA game for the first time after a few weeks. Oak Hill was added and a few other changes were made to the game.
Using swing-stick in that game, which works beautifully btw, it is a real challenge coming back to 3-click. Apart from hitting tee shots I really despise the mechanic to be honest.
But with the pro-setting difficulty being the online standard in 2k´ s golf game what other choice do we have? The extremely difficult stick timing really kills that game for me as a casual player.

Time is the only luxury.
#4626899 - 05/19/23 01:20 AM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It's difficult to find the right balance in these games, although I can't speak for the new EA game. Most of what I know about it is what you have posted in this thread. Finding the right difficulty balance is something I was struggling to do right from the off in 2K21 and here too. I want it to be where if I shoot a good round it's a 66, or a great round maybe a 62 or 63. Mixing in rounds in the 50s is pushing it.

But then I think it's a level playing field and making birdies is fun. In my offline tour I've bumped the AI to where the leaders are shooting low 60s, and around 20-under for the two-round event. So rather than pull myself back, I sped them up.

And the conditions we've been playing in have been rather benign for the most part. When we set up the course and conditions a bit firmer and faster the scores come down some. Swing stick with no timing in 2K23 is probably too easy if I'm honest. It's just harder for me to make a really bad shot. 3-click is less steady. When I'm playing well with either method I'm about the same. But 3-click has the danger zone and I do mix in some really bad shots. Doubles are in play with 3-click. Putting is less precise. If I had to play with swing stick + timing I don't think I'd be any good at all.

Speaking of which, I think the putting in this game is really good. It helps so much to have the distance meter. But i really like how it works in this game. Matter of fact I like all of the golf in this game. It feels really good.

Deere Run is in the books. That was a tricky course. Deceptive in some way. Subtle. Good golf gentlemen. Frank closed to within one eagle in several fewer tournaments. A machine.

My ghost is posted at the season finale, Hauteluce. This is a very nice French alpine course. Par 72, 7,300 yards. Another course with plenty of slope. I managed to mostly stay out of trouble and once again shot identical rounds. Pretty solid tee to green. putting was spotty. Everything broke more than I borrowed.

#4627087 - 05/21/23 01:39 AM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Hauteluce is in the books and the first season is done and dusted. Well done to everyone. New season is posted, first four events are up, starting with Arnie's Bay Hill. Good luck!

Conditions through the first four events are ranging from slow and soft to moderate. Wind is set to either low or medium. Low seems to cover from 0 mph about 9 mph, and medium 10 to 15 mph. I assume we all see the same conditions on each hole, but is that true? Just curious or if there's a random element. After all, golf is played in groups that arrive at each hole at different times, so not always the same. The wind is changing speed and direction a bit as you stand over your shot, which is a neat touch. Might be over your left shoulder as you start to swing, but be over your right when you hit it.

#4627178 - 05/22/23 12:10 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Ghost is posted. Bay Hill ends tonight, so get your whacks in. I got off to a sloppy start, 1-over through three, but then found my groove. Played great in the second round. My timing was good, distance control was solid. Hit a lot of greens so my spotty putting had plenty of chances.

Congrats to Koepka, who held his nerve down the stretch yesterday. Anyone watch the final round in the PGA?

Bay Hill ends midnight GMT and then we are of to err, somewhere else!

#4627183 - 05/22/23 12:49 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Saw most of it.
Had to because of Hovland. Fantastic that a small country can have a player of that caliber in a big sport as golf is.

I`m in need for more skill points. What is the best way to find them?

#4627184 - 05/22/23 12:52 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: Wigean]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Wigean

I`m in need for more skill points. What is the best way to find them?

Play with as a high a difficulty modifier as you can. This boosts the points you get each round. Of course you want to hit as many course challenges as you can, as they pop up through the round.

I play with a modifier of 1.86. Typically that will net around 400 XP for difficulty alone.

Do this and just keep cranking out the tournaments in single player. Or if you're interested, join me in a few of the other societies I'm playing in. This gives you a lot more events to play. One of them has a new single-round event every day.

These are

Official 2K Society
Good Good Golf
PGA 2023 Season (or something like that)

Last edited by DBond; 05/22/23 12:55 PM.

#4627191 - 05/22/23 02:06 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Thanks.

I will change my settings.
I will look into the other societies as well.

#4627193 - 05/22/23 02:23 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted by DBond
Ghost is posted. Bay Hill ends tonight, so get your whacks in. I got off to a sloppy start, 1-over through three, but then found my groove. Played great in the second round. My timing was good, distance control was solid. Hit a lot of greens so my spotty putting had plenty of chances.

Congrats to Koepka, who held his nerve down the stretch yesterday. Anyone watch the final round in the PGA?

Bay Hill ends midnight GMT and then we are of to err, somewhere else!

Was able to watch most of the 4 days and was rooting for Michael Block, the only one of the clup pros who made the cut for the weekend. What an awesome performance by him over the whole tournament. The ace on the last day was just the icing on the cake!
Hoped Hovland would be able to get his first win at a major, but Koepka was just the better player yesterday.

Will take a bit of a break for the moment playing in our small society. Just don´t enjoy playing the game anymore right now.

Time is the only luxury.
#4627195 - 05/22/23 02:43 PM Re: PGA Tour 2K21/2K23 [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oh no, what happened. Just a week or two ago you were in it for the long haul, according to your comments. Sorry to lose you, competing with you is fun.

Well, just you and me Wigean. Everyone else has fallen off the ox cart.

I'm in it as long as someone else is.

Yeah, that must have been a fantastic experience for Block. The crowd was behind him and he'll never forget the day.

Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.