Jammer28 Offline
Jammer28  Offline

Houston, Texas

#4529597 - 07/12/20 03:05 AM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Jammer...

Let me be the first to respond to this, with words that I know my fellow colleagues on the Dev team, as well as the many whom have helped contribute to this amazing video you have made for us will agree with.

Dating back to RB3D and straight forward to WOFF PE, it has been the goal of all of us that have made contributions along the way to make a WWI Flight Sim come to life as you have just shown us can. Your video, most notably at the Jasta 30 line-up that goes from black and white, to full color using the skins in WOFF PE, exemplifies the very nature of all our combined efforts.

You present an amazing "what if" scenario between the Albatros D.V of Manfred Stimmel from Jasta 32 (MS) and Armand Jean de Turenne's Spad VII! That's what we always hoped for. Great job!

The many change-overs from a photo to game footage, and vice versa, made those photos come to life!

We have all pushed ourselves to dig deeper, and find more, and learn more, and add more, and create more.. to honor the amazing men that filled the skies in this massive conflict. Crossing political boundaries, digging into family history books and cross-checking with historical records over the course of over 20 years has gotten to the very point of what your video gives us.

This was never a game for us.. it was a chance to re-create history. And I have to say.. seeing what you did, comparing the actual shots to the in-game footage and screenshots pulls it all together.

Thank you for making this. It's a work of art and I say with confidence, very meaningful to many of us! I hope it gets used as a press statement of some sort, because you have just captured the very nature and essence of what we have all strived for in every version of this game!

Best!

James
"OvS"

Last edited by OvStachel; 07/12/20 03:39 AM.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4529600 - 07/12/20 03:30 AM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
CrimsonTide Offline
CrimsonTide  Offline

Man I love this community. Great vid Jammer28

#4529633 - 07/12/20 12:42 PM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Lovely! And so many beautiful Nieuports! cheers

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4529644 - 07/12/20 03:14 PM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Well done, enjoyed that!

#4529646 - 07/12/20 03:26 PM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
jerbear Online content
jerbear  Online Content

Jammer:

That vid sent chills down my spine! What you captured there is a huge part of what pulls me back to the game again and again. Along with the burst of Archie around me, the sight of the airfield, the boys on the ground and on and on.

Beautiful video, extremely well done.

Jerbear

#4529661 - 07/12/20 04:40 PM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Another Masterpiece - I really loved the color overlays.

Sensational !

Thanks Jammer

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4529664 - 07/12/20 05:04 PM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Outstanding video, Jammer! A super PR piece for WOFF.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4529667 - 07/12/20 05:14 PM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Simply stunning. Jammer, may I share this to a facebook group - crediting you for the work , obviously.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4529679 - 07/12/20 09:01 PM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

What a great idea and excellent execution of it in the video Jammer. Each aircraft held in time and brought to life all at once!

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4529703 - 07/13/20 12:34 AM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
Jammer28 Offline
Jammer28  Offline

Houston, Texas
Thank you all. I wasn't sure if the video would be well received. The music is slow which suites the subject but I tried to mix things up to keep it interesting.
A special thanks to James "OvS" for all the time and effort you've put in over the years to bring us the fantastic skins you created. I agree with you about the sim never being a game to us. As a kid I loved WWII airplanes (still do) but my attention has almost exclusively switched to WWI. The Devs have infused such depth into the sim which makes it more than a "game". We want to live the experience and WOFF delivers the goods.
Also a special thanks to Matt Milne. The more I listen to his music the more I love it. I drive quite a bit for my job and listen to it a lot.
Hellshade, feel free to share the video wherever you want. Any credit given should be to the Devs, James "OvS" included, and Matt Milne. I understand why you ask for permission and say you will give credit, but I don't feel the same way about my videos as I might about something else. I don't check YouTube to see how many views I have. It's just someplace to park the video so I can share it here. Once it's posted it belongs to the Devs and the community.
Thanks again to everyone.

#4529709 - 07/13/20 02:13 AM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted by Jammer28
Thank you all. I wasn't sure if the video would be well received. The music is slow which suites the subject but I tried to mix things up to keep it interesting.
A special thanks to James "OvS" for all the time and effort you've put in over the years to bring us the fantastic skins you created. I agree with you about the sim never being a game to us. As a kid I loved WWII airplanes (still do) but my attention has almost exclusively switched to WWI. The Devs have infused such depth into the sim which makes it more than a "game". We want to live the experience and WOFF delivers the goods.
Also a special thanks to Matt Milne. The more I listen to his music the more I love it. I drive quite a bit for my job and listen to it a lot.
Hellshade, feel free to share the video wherever you want. Any credit given should be to the Devs, James "OvS" included, and Matt Milne. I understand why you ask for permission and say you will give credit, but I don't feel the same way about my videos as I might about something else. I don't check YouTube to see how many views I have. It's just someplace to park the video so I can share it here. Once it's posted it belongs to the Devs and the community.
Thanks again to everyone.

Jammer...

Thanks for the special note... but honestly... I'm just a player on a great team of guys! No need for any specifics tossed at me. Since day one, many hands were involved in the making of WOFF from the programing, to the modeling, to the skinning. It's all one massive effort by all of us. That's how I need to be recognized, I'm no better than anyone else. This is about you and the time you took to explore this game in detail enough to produce such a touching video. If it wasn't for Winder's ideas and dreams.... none of this would have happened. I'm just happy it did!

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4534173 - 08/20/20 12:06 AM Re: Video: Insignia [Re: Jammer28]  
Dezh Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club
Dezh  Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Been away a while and looking to get back in... and I see this

Absolutely fantastic celebration of the dedication the developers bring to this simulation. Stunning advertisement for WOFF, on its own... real aircraft, real pilots ... they were there and so can you be (very much -ish, true) and then there's all the rest of the virtual reality WOFF creates.

If it's not been said before then I'll say now that the OBD Team's work truly honours those brave souls who fought and died in the skies of WW1... no other sim comes close.

Oh that I was back in the dear old PBI.
With no more Triplanes on me tail, nor tracer tracing by.
And no more flames and clickerty-clack and no more blooming sky,
And only a couple of feet to fall whenever I want to die.

No. 56 Squadron Song

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM