Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4533121 - 08/10/20 02:10 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by WangoTango
I'm officially done with the Leafs. I've been a die hard since 1992 when Gilmour brought pride back to town. But 4 good seasons in 28 years is a joke. If I had a girlfriend for 28 years and only had 4 good years (4 conference finals) I'd leave her. That's what I'm doing. I'm buying NHL Center Ice and I will be a fan of the game, (Leafs games are blacked out in my region, F'k em)
I enjoy fantasy hockey quite a bit, so being able to watch out of market games will be fun.

Will be no fun trash talking Toronto anymore. Seriously, I thought they played rather well, just unlucky with 2 pucks off the iron which would have put them ahead. A hot goaltender is an opposing team's nightmare.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4533122 - 08/10/20 02:14 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: DBond]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by DBond
[quote=WangoTango]

Yesterday's F1 race was interesting, and especially so for the driver's b!tching about their teams' strategies. Congrats to Verstappen on a good race.

Who else besides Bottas was unhappy?

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
#4533123 - 08/10/20 02:20 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Vettel if you can believe it.

Here's what he said

"Well we spoke this morning and said there was no point pitting knowing, knowingly, knowing that we will run into traffic and that's exactly what we did," Vettel said. "We went also onto a hard tyre, which we then only had on for ten laps, probably not even that, so it didn't make any sense.

"I mean why would you put the hard for ten laps and put the medium for 20 laps. So I was running out of tyres towards the end so we spoke about exactly that so yeah. Not I guess not the best work we all could of done today."

The team could say that they spoke about how spinning would not be part of the strategy too biggrin

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4533125 - 08/10/20 02:56 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
LOL

#4533129 - 08/10/20 04:03 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: KraziKanuK]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
A team with Matthews,Marner, Tavares and Nylander should dominate.
I really think it is a culture problem. Young snowflake (overpayed) players.
Mike Babcock was too mean, so they bring in an AHL coach, who plays Lady GaGa music during practices.
A coach who gives the team days off after loses.

Only 2 teams have not won a playoff round since the 2005 lockout, Florida and Toronto. Toronto the second most valuable team, just behind The Rangers.
Spending money is not the issue. Toronto spends to the salary max, gave a huge contract to Mike Babcock, spends millions more on player development that less profitable teams.

They have to get rid of the Doogie Howser GM. Bring in real hockey men..like say Lou Lamarillo ? The guy they let go for Dubas to take over. Lou's Islanders are still alive.

#4533225 - 08/11/20 03:54 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: DBond]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Vettel if you can believe it.

Here's what he said

"Well we spoke this morning and said there was no point pitting knowing, knowingly, knowing that we will run into traffic and that's exactly what we did," Vettel said. "We went also onto a hard tyre, which we then only had on for ten laps, probably not even that, so it didn't make any sense.

"I mean why would you put the hard for ten laps and put the medium for 20 laps. So I was running out of tyres towards the end so we spoke about exactly that so yeah. Not I guess not the best work we all could of done today."

The team could say that they spoke about how spinning would not be part of the strategy too biggrin

Fast forward to the last interview: https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2..._at_the_70th_Anniversary_Grand_Prix.html

The guy is totally broken, and reminds me of Massa, Gasly and Kvyat in their beaten-up periods.

We won’t see any performance from him for the rest of the year, and what amazes me is that his race engineer doesn’t do #%&*$# to lift off some weight from his shoulders. When the Ferrari Strategy Dept. comes up with another strange and rediculous plan, he leaves it to Vettel to ask the obvious questions, and in Hungary his race engineer was even ticked-off by Vettel stating the obvious! (that the softs wouldn’t last beyond 8 laps because of the graining)

And i’m not even going into the mechanical problems because of dodgy installation of hoses over the past year and a half.

I’m really scared for the (IMHO championship material) Sainz. The Vettel side of the garage needs to be completely replaced and start fresh with Sainz, or the same issues will happen.

#4533725 - 08/15/20 02:56 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Wow. Tukka Rask bails on his team 2 hours before game 3.
Says it is for family reasons. Not sure how Bruins fans will feel about that. I know they are pretty hard on him already.

#4533880 - 08/17/20 01:58 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Anyone see the crash in Moto GP?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29673537

Wow! Just this weekend I noticed Moto GP 20 (the sim) and put it on my wishlist, waiting for a sale. Not sure why I am mentioning this, but it looks pretty good anyway. Apparently it's completely unfriendly to new players, with nothing explained at all, but once you fight through that there appears to be a good sim in there. Anyone play it?

The F1 race in Catalunya basically wrapped it up for Hamilton. I'm no fan of his, but the man is a machine. Doesn't hurt to have the best car, but that works both ways. The best drivers get the best rides.

In football, for the first time in many years, there will be no English OR Spanish team in the Champion's League semis. Barca got humilitated by Bayern. Wouldn't be surprised to see Messi looking to get out at this point.

#4533881 - 08/17/20 02:02 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: DBond]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA

The F1 race in Catalunya basically wrapped it up for Hamilton. I'm no fan of his, but the man is a machine. Doesn't hurt to have the best car, but that works both ways. The best drivers get the best cars.

He's been the premiere driver in F1 for several years now. He really is the equivalent to Dale Earnhardt for NASCAR.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4533882 - 08/17/20 02:09 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: DBond]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Anyone see the crash in Moto GP?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29673537

Wow! Just this weekend I noticed Moto GP 20 (the sim) and put it on my wishlist, waiting for a sale. Not sure why I am mentioning this, but it looks pretty good anyway. Apparently it's completely unfriendly to new players, with nothing explained at all, but once you fight through that there appears to be a good sim in there. Anyone play it?

The F1 race in Catalunya basically wrapped it up for Hamilton. I'm no fan of his, but the man is a machine. Doesn't hurt to have the best car, but that works both ways. The best drivers get the best rides.

In football, for the first time in many years, there will be no English OR Spanish team in the Champion's League semis. Barca got humilitated by Bayern. Wouldn't be surprised to see Messi looking to get out at this point.

Saw that crash yesterday. incredible that nobody was even hurt.

#4533883 - 08/17/20 02:24 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It sure is, a split second either way on those cartwheeling bikes and it could have been a fatality, and Rossi no less.

I mentioned a page or two back that Raikkonen had completed more races than any other driver in the sport's history. Yesterday he set another record, most laps completed. Raikkonen has raced 83,846 kilometers in F1. That's more than two laps of the earth.

If he starts three more races, he will match Rubens Barichello's record of 322. Kimi is the (ice) man! smile

And mostly because I bet he doesn't give a sh!t about any of this stuff.

#4533949 - 08/18/20 01:29 AM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Really hoping Danny Rics move to McLaren is solid. McLaren seem to have gotten a lot more competitive and this may be his last chance regards picking a team to jump too. I feel for Sainz going to Ferrari, maybe Raikkonen can take Binottos position, the guy would be gold just for the 'interviews' alone.

Haas are in dire trouble, this year has been terrible for them, i wonder how long they'll keep throwing money down.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4533950 - 08/18/20 01:38 AM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Hey the NBA playoffs are on!

[Linked Image]
#4533979 - 08/18/20 11:52 AM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Hey the NBA playoffs are on!

I haven't cared about the NBA since the Celtics and the Lakers had that great rivalry.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4534043 - 08/18/20 09:58 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Flyers go up 3-1 over the Habs. I thought going in this was a favorable matchup for the Flyers, but Price is out of this world, and a hot goaltender can steal any series. But Hart is playing great too. The goaltender situation in Philly has been a mess since the 80s. I thought we had it cracked and then Pelle Lindbergh crashed his Porsche, was killed, and it 's been a mess ever since. But it looks like we finally have a top-shelf goalie, and he's just 22. We are due for some good fortune here, and I hope he suits up for the Flyers for the next 15 years. At 3-1 nothing's won, but I like the chances.

I mentioned Moto GP 20 (the sim) earlier and it went on sale, 50% off on Steam if anyone is interested.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1161490/MotoGP20/

I have yet to install it, but will get around to it soon. I bought Football Manager 2020 a couple weeks ago (also on sale) and have a Derby County save going, looking for promotion. Finished 8th first season, which with a media prediction of 14th wasn't a bad return. But hoping to push on this season, and with the squad starting to fill out with my signings. Out with the deadwood, in with the promising youngsters smile

#4536145 - 09/07/20 02:36 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Since so many were wondering, I did indeed manage to guide Derby County to promotion, by winning the league in the second season, and then finished 6th and 5th in the premier league, and a Euro Cup place as a result. Won the league cup twice, but knocked out in the quarterfinals in Europe both times. Now in our fifth season and knocking on the top four and a Champion's League place.

Switching gears, yesterday's F1 race was cool since everything got so shook up by Mercedes' mistake. Fez fizzled with two retirements. What else can go wrong for them? But it was so refreshing seeing the young guns up on the podium for a change. Great to see Gasly get his first victory. Well done.

Did anyone see Novak Djokovic bean the lineslady in the US Open and get disqualified? Never saw that. She sounded like she was shot. Seem the sort that will sue him. < Conjecture and speculation

Flyers good run came to an end. A great season, despite everything, and the future looks good. But a shame they couldn't get past the Isles. Better team won though.

Premier League kicks off next weekend. NFL too. Will be interesting to see if the ratings hold up past opening weekend.

Lots going on in the sports world.

#4536780 - 09/12/20 08:40 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Back in the days when I used to race GTR, Mugello was one of my favorite tracks. F1 is running there this week for the first time. For Formula One cars though I am not sure how good it will be. With these cars I reckon they'll be able to run flat-out for 3/4 of the lap. meaning overtaking will be difficult. We shall see. I think it also means that the cars are on the edge for more of the race, so mistakes will be punished more severely. Should be an interesting affair.

#4536785 - 09/12/20 09:42 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
I thought the F2 race was alright.

#4536823 - 09/13/20 12:31 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I haven't caught any of the action yet, but I did read a little and it seems the drivers really like the track. Maybe the home juju will mean a good result for Fez. Just going by my experience running there in PC sims I recall there were a lot of gravel traps, not much in the way of runoff. So any cars that manage to leave the track could be out, just like that. But if the field run mistake-free for the most part it could be a race lacking much drama with overtaking hard to pull off. For me though, having a race here is really cool, it's a really nice track, not too technical, good flow to it. And I just find it interesting to bring new venues in to the schedule and mix things up.

Problem is I will need to flip back and forth between the Premier league match and the race. Love Sunday mornings smile

#4536828 - 09/13/20 01:28 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
But if the field run mistake-free

Ummm..... biggrin

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.