Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4532846 - 08/06/20 05:01 PM IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW!  
ATAG_Pattle Offline
ATAG_Pattle  Offline

Australia
IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK, the new addition to the acclaimed realistic air combat simulator IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz, is OUT NOW!

This exciting new addition to the long-standing and critically acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series of aerial combat simulators takes you over the sands of North Africa in the critical moment during WWII when the control of the Mediterranean and the Suez Canal was decided.

Experience what it was like to fly and fight during the Desert War in deadly Messerschmitts, sleek Macchis, rugged Kittyhawks and the legendary Spitfires. IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings – Tobruk brings over 40 new flyable types and variants, more than 25 new tank, artillery and vehicle types added to the desert versions of the vehicles from the CLIFFS OF DOVER, as well as 15 new ships including British and Italian types which are historically accurate for the TOBRUK map.

The excellent multiplayer environment that allows over 100 players and dozens of AI aircraft online simultaneously, IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk promises intense and challenging human versus human aerial battles. For the Single Player enthusiasts, the game also includes 24 Quick Missions playable with any aircraft, 7 long form Campaigns based on historical Squadron experiences, another 14 single missions as well as two co-op missions playable both via multiplayer or single player.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk is now available via Steam, the official IL-2 Sturmovik store and other digital platforms for $69.99 USD / 64.99 EUR. The game requires the base game IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz Edition in order to play.

And from all of us at Team Fusion Simulations, thank you all for your support. We hope you enjoy Desert Wings Tobruk smile

Cheers,

TFS Team

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4532847 - 08/06/20 05:08 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Nice! I've been looking for this announcement all morning

Looking forward to getting home from work to give this a go

Thanks Pattle

#4532870 - 08/06/20 09:11 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
Trooper117 Online smile
Hotshot
Trooper117  Online Smile
Hotshot

UK
Downloaded, working ok, so far no problems smile

#4532925 - 08/07/20 01:51 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Have just had the difficult conversation so that roadblock is cleared:

Hey honey there will be a couple packages coming in the post the next few days can you keep an eye out for me?

Like what?

Oh, you know, just some flight sim stuff

Such as?

Oh, just stuff

Does this mean you are going down into the basement again? I thought you were over that?

Yeah I totally am ... maybe ... or not. But you know I can control it. It won't be like before.

(Wife Googles 'Flight Sim News')

Wait. There is a new Microsoft Flight SImulator coming out.

Oh, really? Wow, cool.

So that's not the one?

No, but that's good to know, thanks!

So there's two new ones?

Apparently! Whoda thunk?

(Sighs) OK I'll cancel all social engagements for September, shall I?

Yeah, good idea. And tango night.

You sucked at Tango anyway.

Thanks hon.

[Linked Image]
#4532927 - 08/07/20 01:57 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
lol HeinKill, your wife is very supportive, perhaps tolerant is a better word

Welcome back to the basement dwellers society smile

#4532950 - 08/07/20 05:34 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Can someone post a screenshot of the Controls section in the Options menu? I’m quite curious how the customization works

#4532971 - 08/07/20 10:59 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Here you go Vaderini

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#4532980 - 08/08/20 01:29 AM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Ah thanks, definitely gonna pick this up!

#4532998 - 08/08/20 10:53 AM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
FishTaco Offline
Forever Cromulent
FishTaco  Offline
Forever Cromulent

Perth, Western Australia
Shame,

I really wanted this sim, purchased Cliffs of Dover Blitz! Specifically for it through STEAM, but was unable to configure my X-52 Pro to it.

Did all of the updates, and it appears that on launching the sim, the game would allocate it's own control settings. Go in to try to modify them, and it would change back to original again in less than a second. Downloaded and installed some separate control.ini files, but even these did not work. Was told by support that my controllers are too sensitive....weird, they work fine for X-Plane 11, FSX, DCS, il-2, and the new MSFS. Calibrated and re-calibrated my device over a period of five days, got so annoying I had to demand a refund from STEAM.

I will buy if and when they get the controller bugs ironed out. Shame, because looks a good game otherwise.

Kindest regards,

AJ

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete." - The Art of War - Sun Tzu
#4532999 - 08/08/20 12:01 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: FishTaco]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by FishTaco
Shame,

I really wanted this sim, purchased Cliffs of Dover Blitz! Specifically for it through STEAM, but was unable to configure my X-52 Pro to it.

Did all of the updates, and it appears that on launching the sim, the game would allocate it's own control settings. Go in to try to modify them, and it would change back to original again in less than a second. Downloaded and installed some separate control.ini files, but even these did not work. Was told by support that my controllers are too sensitive....weird, they work fine for X-Plane 11, FSX, DCS, il-2, and the new MSFS. Calibrated and re-calibrated my device over a period of five days, got so annoying I had to demand a refund from STEAM.

I will buy if and when they get the controller bugs ironed out. Shame, because looks a good game otherwise.

No disrespect intended FishTaco but it must be something with your system setup. I do use Win7, so maybe you are on Win10 and that is the difference??? Not sure why TFS can't help you sort this. Maybe you should give it a couple weeks(let them sort the release of Tobruk out) and then contact ATAG_Pattle here and see if he can't connect you with someone that can help. I have a Thrustmaster 16000M(as primary stick) a Saitek X52 Pro(as primary throttle, and stick just for extra buttons) MFG Crosswinds and TIR5 all running flawlessly. I have had this setup since before Blitz and when Blitz came I had to make new HOTAS selections in the above button and axes selection screens. Once I completed this I saved the configurations(I have one for Brit planes, one for Hun planes, one for Tiger Moth...etc, you can have as many as you need) and have never had a problem. I don't buy the, 'X52 Pro is to sensitive' comment made to you, as mine works fine and is over 10 years old. I also use the Saitek software to program 3 buttons on the X52 Pro for TIR controls only and run that software each time before loading CLOD. All other HOTAS and keyboard bindings are done in game in CLOD. I hope you get this problem corrected becuase DWsT is really going to be a lot of fun IMHO and there are a lot of possibilities for future additions with this map alone not to mention the renewed BOB possibilities. Don't give up yet, and good luck in getting things to work.

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 08/08/20 12:03 PM.
#4533037 - 08/09/20 12:39 AM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
Boom Offline
Boom  Offline

Culcairn
Am really excited by this, have been hanging for a dedicated Desert air war sim for years.

I'm more an offline player than on (although I do mix it up with online play). Could someone give a run down on the campaigns? Are they dynamic or scripted? Do they develop over time, or more a case of one mission following another, but not necessarily building a storyline/player progression.

Cheers. smile

Oh and forgot to ask..... is it only available through Steam? Or is it also sold via CD? I know, I'm old fashioned!! smile After all, I still fly RB3D, EAW and MiG Alley on a old WIN 7 computer I kept for just such a use. biggrin

Last edited by PipsPriller; 08/09/20 12:43 AM.

"Somewhere out there is page 6!"
"But Emillo you promised ....... it's postpone"
ASWWIAH Member
#4533060 - 08/09/20 05:19 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: FishTaco]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet

Definitively, CLoD has many bugs, but not in their controls setup, work flawless for me since 2011 (and I have the game installed all this years), with various models/brands of joystick, throttle, pedals.
Actually I use VKB Gladiator MK.II + VKB T-Rudder pedals, zero issues.

However several external factors prevents assign commands in IL-2:CloD, in IL-2: Bo'x.

Steam Controller, need un-tick all options:

[Linked Image]~

And set this two options in Forced OFF

[Linked Image]

Go in to try to modify them, and it would change back to original again in less than a second.

Probable Windows UAC account settings are set hight and prevent game write in INI files in
Documents\1C Soft.. dover\

Joystick settings is saved in the file ConfUser.ini

Some people with issues discover that have this folder/file hidden, and s can't save changes, this is not game fault, but Windows restriction.
Check folder/files attribute in Documents.

Too, Windows Power settings may are turning off USB ports when not used, what put joystick for "sleep" and when "wake-up" Windows give then a new ID,
that don't match the one registered in game controls, need turn off this feature for USB ports used by joysticks.
Plug/up-plug joystick every day may result the same.

#4533146 - 08/10/20 07:21 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: Boom]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted by PipsPriller
Am really excited by this, have been hanging for a dedicated Desert air war sim for years.

I'm more an offline player than on (although I do mix it up with online play). Could someone give a run down on the campaigns? Are they dynamic or scripted? Do they develop over time, or more a case of one mission following another, but not necessarily building a storyline/player progression.

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads....ampaigns-and-single-missions#Post4529405

Me too Pips. I know they had some talented people working on the single player campaigns so I have high hopes.

[Linked Image]
#4533186 - 08/11/20 03:55 AM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: Sokol1]  
FishTaco Offline
Forever Cromulent
FishTaco  Offline
Forever Cromulent

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted by Sokol1

Definitively, CLoD has many bugs, but not in their controls setup, work flawless for me since 2011 (and I have the game installed all this years), with various models/brands of joystick, throttle, pedals.
Actually I use VKB Gladiator MK.II + VKB T-Rudder pedals, zero issues. - From my readings on STEAM, quite a few have issues. In my case, it keeps auto detecting settings for my X-52 Pro, but before I can change assignments it will change them back.

However several external factors prevents assign commands in IL-2:CloD, in IL-2: Bo'x.

Steam Controller, need un-tick all options: - All done already.

[Linked Image]~

And set this two options in Forced OFF - All done already also.

[Linked Image]

Go in to try to modify them, and it would change back to original again in less than a second.

Probable Windows UAC account settings are set hight and prevent game write in INI files in
Documents\1C Soft.. dover\ - UAC is off, I'm a local admin to my computer. I'm a network engineer and admin for work.

Joystick settings is saved in the file ConfUser.ini - Copied a users one, and also modified my original, all settings saved but still did not work.

Some people with issues discover that have this folder/file hidden, and s can't save changes, this is not game fault, but Windows restriction.
Check folder/files attribute in Documents. - Everything open and visible on my system.

Too, Windows Power settings may are turning off USB ports when not used, what put joystick for "sleep" and when "wake-up" Windows give then a new ID,
that don't match the one registered in game controls, need turn off this feature for USB ports used by joysticks.
Plug/up-plug joystick every day may result the same. - I've disabled all power management features on Windows 10.

Kindest regards,

AJ

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete." - The Art of War - Sun Tzu
#4533280 - 08/12/20 12:27 AM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Did these fixes work for you FishTaco?

S!Blade<><

#4533303 - 08/12/20 07:30 AM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
ATAG_Pattle Offline
ATAG_Pattle  Offline

Australia
Keen to hear if they did as well smile Thanks to those who offered help and advice.

Cheers,

Pattle

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.