Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4532437 - 08/03/20 02:18 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: Nixer]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Originally Posted by Nixer
Originally Posted by oldgrognard
Professional sports. Who cares anymore ?

It's insulting actaully. My "hangout", I go twice a week max, is a sports bar. We are fromally asking the owner to eliminate all the major sports from TV's in a big corner of the bar and just show golf and hunting/fishing. Some of us get in a bad mood just watching ESPN.

Lifelong college fans and alumni don't want to watch college ball either.

I recommend the UFC, Nixer. Since you never could see much of the crowd before the only real difference is that now you can hear the sounds of the fights better. I know that they're on ESPN now, but it's hardly noticeable except during commercials and some of the stuff on the crawl at the bottom of the screen is actually hilarious.

SALUTE TO ALL!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4532441 - 08/03/20 02:58 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Wigean Online content
Wigean  Online Content

Oslo
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by DBond
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK

The red cars have been duds.

And it doesn't help that Vettel has somehow morphed in to Taki Inoue, arguably the worst F1 driver in the past thirty years.

Maybe he's past his prime? Vettel has been around for about 14 years now which is a lot for a modern race car driver.

Vettel will be replaced by Carlos Sainz next season. Roumors has it he will retire. As will probably Raikonen.

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4532442 - 08/03/20 03:08 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It's time, based on his horrible performance over the past two seasons.

But Kimi.... OK, he's in an Alfa, which is non-competitive and yeah, if he can't get a seat on a competitive team, maybe it's best to hang 'em up. But Kimi's been my driver for a long time now. Easily my favorite. Love his "don't give a sh!t" attitude. Watching an interview with him never fails to make me smile. He will be missed if he retires.

Then who would become my driver? Leclerc I guess. He has the right stuff, if the wrong car at the mo.

Interesting factoid about Raikkonen.... He has finished more Formula One races than any driver in history. That's quite the accomplishment. At season's end he will be a few ahead of Alonso, the final number depends on the remaining races. Of course Alonso returns next year so the record may be short-lived. But if you consider all of the talented drivers that have strapped on a F1 car down the years that's an impressive record for the Finn.

The Flyers took it to the Bruins yesterday. Great result against the winners of the Trophée des présidents

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4532447 - 08/03/20 03:48 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
Wigean Online content
Wigean  Online Content

Oslo
Leclerk did good yesterday Wonder what the deal was with FIA with regards to last years engine. But there will be new cars in 2022 so may be Ferrari are using their resources for the future car.

With regards to Raikkonen. His son is in Gocart. May be he wants to coach him?
Could Schumacher jr. then replace Kimi? :-)

Sorry for Bottas . I had hoped he would earn the title this year, but that seem difficult now. Hamilton really has some golden hairs.

Last edited by Wigean; 08/03/20 03:49 PM.

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4532449 - 08/03/20 04:16 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: DBond]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA

Interesting factoid about Raikkonen....

How's this for an interesting AND sad F1 factoid? The last American driver to win an F1 championship was Mario Andretti in 1978.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 08/03/20 04:18 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4532450 - 08/03/20 04:17 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: Wigean]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Wigean
Hamilton really has some golden hairs.

Lewis Hamilton is to F1 what Jeff Gordon was for NASCAR in both personality and driving talent.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4532464 - 08/03/20 06:42 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: KraziKanuK]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by WangoTango
Maple Griefs living up to their name.
In before KK

They did Les Habitants. thumbsup

I thought you were a Senators fan ?
This is by far the softest Maple Leafs team I've ever seen. Young analytics influenced GM, and an AHL coach, really has this team in a bad spot.

#4532473 - 08/03/20 08:00 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: Wigean]  
Roudou Offline
Roudou  Offline

French countryside

With regards to Raikkonen. His son is in Gocart. May be he wants to coach him?
Could Schumacher jr. then replace Kimi? :-)

Kimi is the pilot choosed by the Alfa Sauber team. So expect everyone who has his super licence to replace him. Ferrari chooses the other driver, currently Giovinazzi, could Schumacher Jr replace him? I hope not. First Junior needs his super licence. Second, Robert Schwartzman also in the Ferrari Academy, is better and already has his super licence.

Last edited by Roudou; 08/03/20 08:02 PM.
#4532477 - 08/03/20 08:22 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Maple Griefs living up to their name.
In before KK

They did win over Les Habitants. thumbsup (edit)

I thought you were a Senators fan ?
This is by far the softest Maple Leafs team I've ever seen. Young analytics influenced GM, and an AHL coach, really has this team in a bad spot.

I still want them to do well but not as long as Melnyk is the owner.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4532479 - 08/03/20 08:34 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Bring back Wendell Clark or Tiger Williams! They might be slow, but they would bring the hammer smile

Leafs are an enigma. They'll smoke you 8-2 one night and lose by the same score the next. Never an easy time to be a Leafs fan.

#4532484 - 08/03/20 09:18 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: DBond]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Bring back Wendell Clark or Tiger Williams! They might be slow, but they would bring the hammer smile

Leafs are an enigma. They'll smoke you 8-2 one night and lose by the same score the next. Never an easy time to be a Leafs fan.

Letting Lou Lamarillo go was a huge mistake. Giving the GM role to a 32 year old calculator cowboy, who brought in his AHL coach, is a disaster.
I have a real difficult time getting behind the Leafs right now. I want them to succeed, but the softness really bothers me.
Since I retired 15 months ago, I find I am becoming more a fan of the game, than just the Leafs. Working in an auto factory for 30 years, I had to defend my loyalty all the time. Pockets of Habs and Bruin fans specifically, some Detroit. I'm really into Fantasy hockey too, so you have to keep an eye on the whole league.
Leafs are in deep doo doo with the salary cap not increasing for a few years. Over half their cap goes to 4 guys.
I preferred when the Leafs lost, they at least beat the #%&*$# out of a few guys. KK will remember some great Battles between Toronto and Ottawa. They both had some tough MF'ers.

Can you imagine guys like Colton Orr, Chris Neil, Tie Domi, Brian McGrattan playing friggin Fortnite at the hotel ?

#4532485 - 08/03/20 09:26 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada

I preferred when the Leafs lost, they at least beat the #%&*$# out of a few guys. KK will remember some great Battles between Toronto and Ottawa. They both had some tough MF'ers.

Can you imagine guys like Colton Orr, Chris Neil, Tie Domi, Brian McGrattan playing friggin Fortnite at the hotel ?

The Refs always sided with the Griefs tho. stirthepot popcorn

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
#4532493 - 08/03/20 10:23 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: KraziKanuK]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada

The Refs always sided with the Griefs tho. stirthepot popcorn

My memory doesn't serve me well. I do however remember Alfie getting away with a hit on Tucker, that hit led to Alfie being booed in his own barn from then on when the Leafs visited. So the refs sided with Ottawa on this one.

#4532496 - 08/03/20 10:44 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
One out of hundreds. stirthepot Nice dive.

Last edited by KraziKanuK; 08/03/20 10:46 PM.

#4532513 - 08/04/20 02:13 AM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: Wigean]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Leclerk did good yesterday Wonder what the deal was with FIA with regards to last years engine.

According to the technical directives issued since, and keeping in mind the massive (5kg) underreporting of the fuel load before the Abu Dhabi GP, they were tricking the fuel flow meter into thinking that it was measuring less fuel flow than it actually did.

I'm really rooting for Robert Shwartzman getting Giovinazzi's seat next year, and Kimi staying on for at least until 2022. Alfa Romeo needs someone with experience to guide development, and Giovinazzi has had more chances than anyone deserves.

Another fun fact: Latifi has spun the car in every F1 session he has participated in clapping

#4532516 - 08/04/20 03:25 AM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: KraziKanuK]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
One out of hundreds. stirthepot Nice dive.

haha. I actually didn't like Tucker. He stirred up #%&*$#, then backed off and let the big boys save his ass. I can't respect guys who cross the line, but don't have the ability to back it up physically.

#4533005 - 08/08/20 02:48 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
What a surprise, the Toronto Maple Griefs, err Leafs, came back from being down 3-0 late in the 3rd to tie the game and win in OT.

#4533006 - 08/08/20 03:34 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: KraziKanuK]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
What a surprise, the Toronto Maple Griefs, err Leafs, came back from being down 3-0 late in the 3rd to tie the game and win in OT.

Absolutely insane. Very difficult game to watch as a fan. Played without urgency for 56 min. Pulled the goalie down 3-0. Score 3 goals with the goalie pulled ( has this EVER happened before ?). Columbus came very close to scoring an empty netter. They came out on fire in OT. But will that momentum carry into Sunday ? This Leafs team still depends on offense to much. And the coach seems lost to counter strategize Tortorella. I mean, I could load up a Line with Matthew, Tavares and Marner.
Habs knock out Pittsburgh and Chicago knocks out Connor and the boys.

#4533100 - 08/10/20 04:20 AM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
I'm officially done with the Leafs. I've been a die hard since 1992 when Gilmour brought pride back to town. But 4 good seasons in 28 years is a joke. If I had a girlfriend for 28 years and only had 4 good years (4 conference finals) I'd leave her. That's what I'm doing. I'm buying NHL Center Ice and I will be a fan of the game, (Leafs games are blacked out in my region, F'k em)
I enjoy fantasy hockey quite a bit, so being able to watch out of market games will be fun.

#4533118 - 08/10/20 12:56 PM Re: Major League Sports returning [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee

I enjoy fantasy hockey quite a bit, so being able to watch out of market games will be fun.

Taking Carter Hart is paying off so far though. Yeah, my condolences to you and Leafs fans the world over. That had to be hard to watch. Shut out in such an important game. Leafs have some great pieces, just need to figure out the right balance. Maybe time to sweep the front office clean?

The Flyers are somehow the top seed. The shutdown came at the worst time, with them riding the crest of a long winning streak. But they've picked up right where they left off, stayed hot and took care of the Lightning, Caps and Bruins. Who would have thunk it? It's only a seeding and they've won nothing, but a favorable matchup with the Habs is the payoff.

Yesterday's F1 race was interesting, and especially so for the drivers b!tching about their teams' strategies. Congrats to Verstappen on a good race.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.