Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3089406 - 09/08/10 12:59 PM FYI; Shop-Bot CNC Router on auction at govdeals.com  
MudPuppy Offline
MudPuppy  Offline

Appalachian foothills in Virgi...
I believe this is the same kind of rig that Gene B uses and if so it has enormous capability. I have no idea what working order this piece of equipment may be in but with the starting bid at $100 it would be worth some investigating if you're in the market for a honking huge CNC machine. The govdeals site does require free registration if you're going to bid and all of the terms and such can be viewed along with the item description if your serious about this.
Shop-Bot CNC Router

The governement surplus store location is in my hometown so if anyone does go for this I'll be happy to help you load it. It looks pretty heavy. smile
Anyhoo, I thought this may be of interest to any pit builders in the general vicinity. Later,
Derek

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3089604 - 09/08/10 05:19 PM Re: FYI; Shop-Bot CNC Router on auction at govdeals.com [Re: MudPuppy]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
Nice toy and nice find!

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#4532272 - 08/01/20 07:53 PM Re: FYI; Shop-Bot CNC Router on auction at govdeals.com [Re: MudPuppy]  
henrywalts Offline
henrywalts  Offline

Originally Posted by MudPuppy
I believe this is the same kind of rig that Gene B uses and if so it has enormous capability. I have no idea what working order this piece of equipment may be in but with the starting bid at $100 it would be worth some investigating if you're in the market for a honking huge CNC machine. The govdeals site does require free registration if you're going to bid and all of the terms and such can be viewed along with the item description if your serious about this.
Shop-Bot CNC Router

The governement surplus store location is in my hometown so if anyone does go for this I'll be happy to help you load it. It looks pretty heavy. smile
Anyhoo, I thought this may be of interest to any pit builders in the general vicinity. Later,
Derek

Hey buddy,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am big fan of Shop-Bot CNC router. I want you guys to know that i am going to purchase a Handibot Smart Power shopbot router. I am pretty excited about it .
I collected all the necessary info related to it like
The router can be used to worked on wood, foam, plastic, and even aluminum. It is easily movable from one place to another.
Handibot CNC Router is less bulky compared to other machines. Someone who is used to using traditional tools will be surprised to use it.
This Router is made with advanced control software named FabMo, which allows the user to use the tool in various ways not possible before.
The advanced new technology allows for more freedom on the part of the user. It can cut through anything as long as the material is placed on a solid base.
It comes with servos that corrects the defects of posture while using it. This router is a step ahead of all the earlier routers in terms of technology and effectiveness.

I got these infos from an article on this handibot router . They discuss in detail about it like its key features, Software that Can be Used with it, and its reviews to Know before buying It.

This helps me a lot before using it.

Cheers,

#4532274 - 08/01/20 08:32 PM Re: FYI; Shop-Bot CNC Router on auction at govdeals.com [Re: MudPuppy]  
f15sim Offline
More projects than sense!
f15sim  Offline
More projects than sense!

Graham, WA
/me smells a review site spam...

g.

Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - the Me-109F/X Project

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.